Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512693 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3165 on: August 05, 2016, 02:38:40 pm »

I dreampt that my brother and I, as a prank, were going around dressed like Mormon missionaries passing out the Silmarillion.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: August 08, 2016, 11:34:31 am »

I dreamed last night Obama bought the lot next to us as a personal vacation resort for the Chinese president (prime minister?). The guy spent most of his time in our house, pretending we werent there.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: August 09, 2016, 05:09:34 am »

I dreamed an old dream.

I was helping out a pair of brothers a la Sam and Dean Winchester of Supernatural against a zombie board against a zombie incursion. More importantly, they were protecting a kid. Sometimes he got bit. Sometimes he didn't. It in itself was not remarkable.

What was the sense of vague knowledge that some of this had happened. I had dreamt something similar in fact.

So much in fact that I knew that when the local sheriff showed up, I would die by him.

See, on the wierd piece of swampland, there was treasure. And he wanted it. So he came in and started asking around after a rousing chorus of Ald Lang Syne. A map gets brought out and the feelings of remembrance start in. I had done this before.

I knew on the map where to look, and I could see the peninsula nearby where it could be found. And I knew that soon after it being found, I would die. I still mostly go along with it, going as far as to say i can bring him to it. So we walk. And somewhere between there and the house, gunfire erupted.

I end up on the ground with the sheriff. I ponder for a moment what i might due before asking to be armed. He complies. In an action i had done sometime before, I then tossed it away. The deputy with a horrified look then proceeds to shoot me in the chin; a lethal wound. I die again.

But i don't realm regret it. I have the strange feeling that i would have done the same things over a d over I'd i could, changing little to nothing.

The dream floated on there as I explored the house for a time contemplating a reality that didn't include me. Then I saw a shade of my past self. And I gave him a hug, telling him that were it all to happen again, I would toss away a gun every time, even when I could preserve mine by killing an enemy.

I woke up soon after that to the bastard fucking Chihuahua who wakes up 45 minutes before my alarm to bark. I hate you you yapping little mess. Go to hell.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: August 11, 2016, 12:24:19 pm »

I had a dream, it's been a while since I last remembered one. I had to rob a scientist girl or something and take her super medicine, or whatever it was. My robbery failed, though, but she gave me a series of challenges to complete to earn it, usually involving killing lots of things or retrieving ancient artifacts, often racing other people, often including superheroes to do them. So huge firefights, including Tiger tanks for no real reason, ensued often, but I woke up as I was chasing Daredevil for another ancient artifact.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: August 11, 2016, 01:03:39 pm »

I had a dream, it's been a while since I last remembered one. I had to rob a scientist girl or something and take her super medicine, or whatever it was.
Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I9Y6pR67Bo
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: August 11, 2016, 01:11:12 pm »

I had a dream, it's been a while since I last remembered one. I had to rob a scientist girl or something and take her super medicine, or whatever it was.
Like this?
No, I just robbed her at gunpoint. Not really sure how I failed, in hindsight.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: August 11, 2016, 01:20:59 pm »

Had a dream that I was placed in some sort of special operator program in the far-flung future as a time travelling supersoldiers designed to counter Russia's, as they were invading the entire East Coast of the US in the dream. It was a dim and dark dream, but what's so weird about it is that it follows a time travel logic paradigm..

Time was altered retroactively! I died in the dream but at that time the timeline changed because it was at the moment of death, fighting an enemy supersoldier, so that I never came to that point. However, this was always meant to be, as time was a rigid construct, so in reality I had come to the moment of death to merely travel back in time to change it, this I think meant within the dream that I in fact had never and would have never reached actualized death, as the timeline being altered was part of the timeline itself.

Dreams are weird.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: August 11, 2016, 01:21:48 pm »

Like this?

From the rest of the dream it sounds like she was being really persuasive and you were being really gullible. Not a very effective robbery, no.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: August 11, 2016, 03:09:26 pm »

Like this?

From the rest of the dream it sounds like she was being really persuasive and you were being really gullible. Not a very effective robbery, no.
Probably, I am also 100% gullible in reality.

While I am speaking of dreams, there is another dream from longer ago, because I haven't remembered many dreams, lately, and I like my dreams.

I went through basic training for the army. Which was, inexplicably, held at my work. After completing my training, I was sent off to war in an unnamed country, which was probably Vietnam, judging by the jungles. I was on my own in the jungle, where I found a village of shipgirl Hibikis* of all shapes, sizes, skin colors, and uniform colors. They were my friends, but we came under attack, and in the attack I was killed.

Apparently, however, I could respawn, and so I did but I had to go through basic training again so that I could get back to my Hibiki friends. I had to hide the fact that I had died, though, because nobody could know I guess. I woke up during training round 2, however.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:12:48 pm by Steelmagic »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: August 11, 2016, 05:22:26 pm »

truly a shipgirl worth fighting for.

I had a dream where I was one of a handful of astronauts working on Mars, performing SCIENCE and setting up basic infrastructure. We had an AI system that handled routine programming tasks, which went rogue and tried to kill us all. While I and one other astronaut were away on a surveying trip, it shut down life support for the rest of the crew, killing them all. When we got back, it tried to do the same to us. We shut off its access to the systems in the one cabin we could access and used the EVA suit recharge/refill stations and extra batteries/air cylinders to keep us going while we worked out a plan. The AI was planning to kill us using one of the dropships/shuttles on the landing pad or one of the survey drones. We had to shut off its access to those as well in order to escape, otherwise we had no way to stop or shut down the AI itself; I guess the servers it was running on were all inaccessible. In the end it squashed us under one of the dropships while we tried to get access to the other.

I've actually had a lot of dreams set on Mars lately. A previous one involved running across a partially terraformed martian landscape, trying not to get eaten by dinosaurs. We got eaten by a t-rex while trying to climb a drilling rig in the middle of a shallow lake. Last night I had one about being sealed in a concrete-filled drillhole by aliens for several million years and waking up to find those same aliens and another species fighting.

I also had a dream last night about a military draft and mass invasion of ISIS. I was with a platoon near one little village and after rounding up the handful of IS fighters we decided to make an enormous sandwhich. Except we couldn't figure out how to make a loaf of bread five feet wide and twenty feet long. So I suggested baking it underground in a kiln, like one would do for bricks. We started to dig a hole and uncovered a bunker at the other end of our oven. It was a weird, white-walled, immaculately clean place with fluorescent lighting and the occasional trap triggered by laser tripwire sensors embedded in the walls. Me and this one woman went exploring and found hallways with doorways and windows into rooms where... The two of us, one of the other soldiers, and some young dude in a flannel shirt were talking around a large metal table. Every single window we looked into showed the same scene, from different angles. They (we) were visibly upset and anxious about something, the stranger seemed calm, happy even. After going a little deeper we found a large room lined with eight or so of these identical interrogation chambers. In it we found the guy we saw in the windows, walking around oblivious, like he was going somewhere important yet just turning around and walking some other direction occasionally. He was also a ghost.
Back at the other end of the room we encountered the other soldier who we saw in the windows with us. He was waving a microphone boom around telling us he thinks this place is haunted. We say no shit and together we confront the ghost. He takes us into one of the rooms, and we sit down for a chat. This ghost seems completely unaffected emotionally by anything going on. He tells us, as we sit there, that the invasion is currently going sour and we're being ordered to evacuate. Sure enough this is true and when we make it to the surface our CO is pissed at us. We retreat to a building not far out of town and wait for pickup while being assaulted by hordes of IS fighters who were taking cover behind a wall along the road nearby. I don't know if we would ever get picked up because I woke up at that point.
I make Spellcrafts!

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: August 11, 2016, 09:36:58 pm »

I don't remember much of my dream, but I do remember being some weird metal wolf-like creature that could pull matter onto itself to get stronger, and one point I remember feeling overwhelming rage, I was so angry it hurt, I don't think I've been that angry while awake for a very long time, it was certainly interesting.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: August 12, 2016, 02:33:40 am »

There was a war between East and West and nuclear-powered robots were involved. Meanwhile I was sitting with some random people in a bunker and I had this duck with pink feathers. Then a girl came over and released the duck into the nuclear-blasted wasteland...

...and it grew into Kaiju? It then became curb-stomping both East and West robots and getting shot in return so I got angry and sad but people suddenly became cheering 'FUCK YEAH DUCK!!' over and over. When I tried to calm them down some Japanese-looking guy grabbed my face and screamed "FUCK YEAH!!" at me.

The kaiju duck then released a roar and entered the Atlantic Ocean and began swimming toward US with some movie tune loudly blaring in the background (I think it was Rocky's training montage tune, but not sure anymore).

Then I woke up.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: August 12, 2016, 05:09:13 am »

Three-part dream.  At least. Two concurrently, more or less.

Classic travellng dream, for one part. Pseudogeograhy and improbable vehicular chaos. Hard to describe, but apparently mud on road and is as hard to drive on as bicycle on field is hard.

The other two parts were mixed around each other. Some manned rocketry experiments were going on, which were rather interesting, but mostly a single deline to me working in an office that I (sort of) worked in.  (As in it has conceptual link to be ne where I definitely worked.)

In the adjacent department, there's a monitor that needs looking at (more than monitors normally need looking at, that is) with some rather interesting controls regarding its resolution. I work out that as the prior monitor on that computer had (different but similar problems) its probably not the display's fault. Classic! We'll get that sorted. But the paperwork...

Nobody has filled in paperwork for ages.  I decide to ressurect a certain form. Helpfully provided said form. The user instead writes some scrawl on a plain piece of paper...  What?

And after all the support/supportee rapport. I thought we had bonded over the rocketry footage (whilst testing the monitor) but I'd not been making my point about these forms, that even my boss had stopped using. Harumph...

The rocketry, however, was interesting.  The original test rocket (recorded rootage of which we mistakenly watched, thinking it was live) had been duplicated an redeveloped into new forms. So, today, along with the two 'standard' models, there's three heavy ones and a slimlined light one, at one point arrayed around the conic grassy mound from the top of each shall be launched. And are, but the details are far less interesting than the mo itor thing, and my bag of pens (?) that keeps on unzipping.

If only I could tell that story better. Plenty of office dynamics, far more interesting than the other parts, but... You had to have (sort of) been there, perhaps.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: August 16, 2016, 02:13:38 am »

Apparently I was dream-watching 108 episode yaoi anime of sorts with animation from early 2000's (which is when I watched most of anime, so I guess my subcounscious is nostalgic of that period??)

The basic cast was tall, dark and handsome time-traveling (more like 'one-way trip from future' travel) dad of a submissive blonde teen boy; there was blonde/white-haired anti-hero antagonist to the time-traveling dad, and robo-tentacles white-haired alien bishie overlord, all this few decades into future, tops.

Ep 1 had the backstory for time-traveling dad and blonde anti-hero; apparently they grew up under old kung-fu master and the bad blood between them stems from their years under the tutor. In the 'modern' time the time-traveling dad meets with his (gay) son, and hilarity ensued cuz the son thought the time-travel dad was some random guy hitting on him. The ending of this ep had a giant asteroid smash into San Francisco bay, and that meant the arrival of white-haired alien bishie overlord with robo-tentacles.

Ep 2 had the aforementioned anti-hero backstory 'from the future', where he was almost killed by time-travel dad, but then alien bishie overlord had him roboticized. This caused the time-travel dad to travel to the past. Second part of the ep was the alien bishie overlord wrecking a military base chasing the gay teen son and the anti-hero; by the end the anti-hero was all beaten up and the gay teen son caught in the slimy tentacles of the alien overlord who declared that the teen will have his tentacle kids.

...and then I woke up .<'
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: August 16, 2016, 06:56:36 am »

My brother and I were on mission to reach someone. We were on a motorbike. I distinctly remember flying off buildings on said motorbike.

There was a lot more "plot" but I've forgotten nearly all of it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 339