Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568092 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2775 on: September 29, 2015, 06:35:43 pm »

It just wanted to be your hat.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: September 30, 2015, 02:53:50 pm »

Had a dream where I went to Wal-Mart, of all places, to buy that Death Note video game adaptation, which was apparently released in The United Sleeps of Dreamerica instead of staying in Japan as it did in real life. But for no apparent reason basically all of the game boxes, instead of having the actual box art, had the Pokémon logo superimposed on the main characters' (and Watari's for some reason) faces with phrases underneath like "3DS Update" or "Pokédex Optimizer". I put every one in the store in my cart, along with a sweatshirt that I already own.

I then took them into what I think was a warehouse in the back of the store where I'd apparently set up a secret base or something and discovered that all of the boxes were, in fact, bootlegs (WHAT A TWEEST), because dream!me is apparently too dumb to realize that such a bizarre mismatch of titles and box art is suspicious.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 30, 2015, 05:00:48 pm »

More fucked up dreams during naps. Maybe I should just stop it and get a proper amount of sleep like a normal person. Anyway this happened yesterday, but it was memorable so I wrote it down.

I dreamed that I was sitting on the roof of my back porch on one of those white plastic lawn chairs, with my .30-06, a duck call, and a whistle sitting next to me and a two meter tall dry stone wall around the whole block, with a privacy hedge just as tall outside of that. I was keeping a very close eye on the street beyond, and I saw my neighbor Doug (not his real name) doing the same thing from a tree stand built up in an old walnut tree that doesn't exist in real life. He was facing so he could see what was behind me, and was watching the areas I couldn't. Inside the enclosure there was a well and water pump, surrounded by a fairly sizeable field where the three sisters were planted. My own house is at a higher elevation than the rest, with a retaining wall, and I saw that there were wooden stakes built up at the base of the wall. My dog was loose inside the area, running around trying to catch a butterfly, but I wasn't worried.

I spent a good deal of time just watching, and it had gone from late afternoon to sundown. My brother came out to bring the dog inside, waving at me and pointing at his watch as he did so. He was on the night shift today. I glanced back at Doug's tree stand, and saw he was gone. I grabbed the duck call and blew it. No response. I grabbed the whistle. Still no response. I was inhaling to blow the whistle when I heard the response. I blew the duck call again, expecting him to show himself. I waited a moment, but there was no movement around his post. I blew the whistle and picked up the rifle, checked that it was ready to fire, and started watching the area around Doug's post. Then I heard a shot, and another whistle blowing from somewhere behind the tree stand. My dog was barking, but he was inside and probably wouldn't get let back out.

Doug came running out of the trees a second later, rifle in hand, and something was clearly behind him but I couldn't see it yet. I drew a bead on the spot Doug came out from, and didn't have to wait long until what was nearby came tearing out of the trees. It was a woman, coming after him on all fours. Her limbs were facing downward but her torso and head were facing up. It didn't have a face, just a mouth, but I still felt like the thing was staring me in the eyes when I fired a shot at it. I got it in the leg and blew it right off, like it had only been held on by a thread. There was no blood and the thing didn't seem to care, but it did slow down. Doug turned around as soon as he heard my shot, and blew its head off. There was blood that time, and it stopped moving.

Doug turned to face me after firing two more shots into the thing, and gave me a smile and a wave. Then he got this weird look on his face, pointed at me and yelled something. I wheeled around just in time to see a thing like the one I'd just shot, this one a teenage boy, climbing down the side of the house like a spider. I pulled my rifle up to shoot at it, but I was panicking. It lunged in the same moment and my shot went wide. I tried to hit it with the stock, but it was far too strong for me to do anything. It pinned me on the ground and started choking me, with a grin on its not-face. I woke up a couple moments later.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: September 30, 2015, 07:28:12 pm »

Had at least a couple of interesting dreams last night, but the last one is the only one I remember a large chunk of.
(I'm not about to say "fully", since doubtless there was more to it before which I've forgotten.)

I was watching a funk band play live, possibly just a video of their show, not sure if I was actually there or not. I think the band may have actually been Gossip, who aren't really a funk band at all, but their funky song is the only one I remember so w/e. They were playing a really long set, and so took a break in the middle. Interestingly, during said break they started playing (recordings of) songs submitted by the audience.

One guy submitted this really long, abstract noise/relaxation track, and as I saw the band's singer get bored, scrub through the song only to find it was all the same, and then make a disgusted face to her bandmembers, I decided to submit something myself.
First I thought of Parliament, but of course any funk band would already know them. Then I hit on the idea of playing an Australian funk band, to broaden some horizons and give the band some exposure... problem is, I only really know one Australian funk band. So I looked up Pocketlove on Youtube.

The first video I watched was just a song without video and I was really liking it until the vocals started- it was their old vocalist! Nothing wrong with the guy's singing, but it wouldn't to to play such an outdated song. So I clicked on another video, which turned out to be live, and it did have the current singer.
A little while into the video some woman walked up to/onto the stage and kissed the (also female) singer, who laughed and said "You only come here to kiss me, don't you," before launching back into the song.

At this point the dream was entirely distracted, and all of a sudden I was sitting in the back of the band's (Pocketlove's) car as they drove away from some big show or other. Sitting next to me (or perhaps at first I was only a 'fly on the wall' kind of deal) was the singer, her apparent girlfriend, and (seated closest to me) some weird-looking dude with a blond 'short back and sides' haircut, which would be lame except he also had a centre part.

Anyway, there was some boring conversation where the two announced their engagement and the other guy congratulated them (he had a funny voice, too) and gave the singer a hug. There was a bit more discussion and then the guy in the passenger seat reached over and handed a plastic cup of water to the blond guy.

He took a sip, said, "Yucky, water," and then went to throw it out the window. He hesitated, seeing that the street was lined with crowds of people (even after driving for this long!), and asked if there were any friends or family in the crowd. The singer assured him there weren't and he let fly, spraying a bunch of people with water.
Amusingly enough, they immediately gave chase, shouting angrily as they ran after the car (which couldn't go very fast, there being quite a bit of traffic and a lot of pedestrians on this two-lane road). The driver managed to speed up a bit and escape them for a moment, but shortly they caught up again, seemingly intent on attacking the car and/or causing those inside grievous bodily harm. The driver freaked out and floored it, driving at an insane speed and somehow managing to weave in between cars on this narrow road.

He maintained that speed for ages, despite most likely having left our pursuers behind long ago. This upset me, seeing as there were so many pedestrians crossing the road more-or-less at random, and so I told him to slow down. He refused, still panicking.

I said, "Slow down or I'll blow your brains out," pulling out my gun and placing it to his head.
Some smartass casually remarked "Yeah, let's put a gun to the driver's head, that's always a great idea," but I was determined. Unfortunately my method of persuasion just panicked the driver even more and he froze up.
We careened forwards, miraculously avoiding any collisions, until the road curved slightly to the right and we went straight ahead, smashing into the light forest that lined the road, the car (possibly flipping at least once) eventually coming to rest, upright, next to a creek.

I had taken a terrible blow to the head during the crash, but my sense of comedy kept me sensible long enough to say, "Thanks, [DRIVER'S NAME], that's all I asked," before losing consciousness. Or perhaps pretending to, for dramatic effect? I'm not sure. There was a bit more silliness after that, but RL-me was slowly waking up so the dream was beginning to deteriorate and make less sense. I woke up in the driver's seat, for one thing. Someone put me in the back whilst someone else got ready to drive... which seems odd, given how damaged the car was. Then I woke up.

There was at least one earlier dream, too. One I remember was kind of cool, but I can't remember enough to make writing it down worthwhile.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: October 01, 2015, 05:33:36 am »

when youre depressed and your dreams are of rape (elaboration denied) two times in a row, you need psychological guidance.

that man is me. i need help
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2780 on: October 01, 2015, 05:57:10 am »

Find a trained, qualified therapist. It's hard (one of the hardest things I've ever done), but it's worth it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: October 02, 2015, 09:26:40 am »

Well my dreams were a bit different today, I don't remember much of the first one but what I do remember was someone cutting my arm off, ripping bits of flesh off of my head and basically removing nearly all of the flesh on my torso, none of the injuries were fatal of though, I go into a room and sit down and the room is partially filled with liquid, then all my flesh is restored, except my army I think, not a 100% on that one.

Then I was in some weird dream were I was a girl that was being chased by a crazy overweight woman with a weed-eater, I was however much faster then her and I was able to leap over fences nearly effortlessly, but one fence was too tall, couldn't get over in time, I was stuck. She caught up with me and put the weed eater close to me, I told her I'd do anything and give her anything she wanted if she would just stop. She tells me she wants to rip my flesh from my body with a weed-eater. I woke up after that.

Then after falling back asleep I had a fairly interesting dream, I think the nazis were launching an attack at my grandmas house and I was trying to stop them, eventually I gained the ability to make a shield come from my arm, it was kinda weird. After awhile I was at my other grandmas house and I noticed something a bit odd, 4 suns all on a different side of the sky, and I noticed that there was a skybox and all the clouds were weird and stuff. I realized it was a dream and went to the side of the skybox, I think I forgot it was a dream at this point and went through a set of doors that appeared and I thought I was going into other peoples dreams. not much else happened I just woke up after a short time.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: October 03, 2015, 12:28:10 am »

Well, last night I had two possibly a related dreams. First up, I was working in some bizzare building of multiple domes, overall ridiculously hard to navigate architecture. I was planning to blow the place up and started setting out some propane cylinders in strategic locations... Before getting bored or occupied or something and deciding to put them back where they belonged. I actually lost track of one of them and spent some time trying to figure out where I'd put it. At that point I think I was woken up by the damn wolves howling outside.

After getting back to sleep, I had another dream wherein I was working with mercenaries on a boat, fishing. Using our assault rifles and grenades to get fish, because hey whatever lots of booze to go around. That boat then turned into a building. We were on a balcony overlooking a quarry/construction site, supposed to assassinate some family that owned this place. They arrived in a pickup that seemed ridiculously massive, like, literally big as a house. So we shot it with a railgun for massive damage, through the cabin at such an angle we assumed everyone would be killed. It apparently didn't work, and the boss was quite upset we failed to eliminate the targets. I mentioned something like "well, it is a pretty big truck..." And right as we got up to it, it the truck was only a tiny compact vehicle. The passengers we missed must have been in the back, because the cabin could only fit half a dozen clowns. So, another assassination attempt thwarted by spacetime shenanigans!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: October 03, 2015, 11:21:57 am »

So, the entire dream was apparently a video I sent to my girlfriend about the occurences in the dream. A bunch of people I knew, myself included, were in the forest with a dog I don't own and I don't think any of them own either. I forget exactly what happened, but eventually it turned out like some kind of RPG; the forest started to have gigantic glowing mushrooms and crap like that in it, and eventually we found some cave that looked like somebody took it right out of a dungeon in Chrono Trigger or something.

While there, we set a trap for, for no apparent reason, the Black Knight from the 9th and 10th Fire Emblem games, at a choke point separating two rooms in the cave. However, he then came at us from behind and, er, knocked us out or something? I think?

All of a sudden I was at a public school, but the school looked suspiciously like my grandmother's house. The same people from last time (along with Sabin from FFVI, because my brain is weird like that) were there with me, and apparently we had to write the word "Toy"  all along the perimeter of the garden wall for some shady company or something. But we only had one can of spray paint, so we gave it to one of the guys and I used a dry-erase marker to write it on the rest of the wall. We didn't finish before the company showed up, though, and they made threatening statements and gestures until I woke up.

Wh... what the hell was that?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: October 03, 2015, 11:02:18 pm »

Ugh, death dreams.

Went to China for some reason, there was a mixup with cargo or something so they thought I was smuggling drugs and sentenced me to death. Gave me a lethal injection, which apparently didn't work right away, and they just let me go because it was supposed to kill me eventually (and there was no antidote). So while I was in the hospital afterwards, feeling all weak and expecting to die, I kept sending "Goodbye forever" to all my contacts.

However, I went home (somehow) and there was hope because perhaps I could make it to 24 hours since the injection (and if I wasn't dead by then I wasn't going to die), and folks at home were being super accommodating because of the brush with death. We went to a fancy restaurant, and some kind of amusement park, and it looked good but then I started weakening again at the park and woke up just when I thought I died.

Also, there was some kind of university founded by LEGO on an asteroid out in space, but I have no idea how or where that figured in.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: October 04, 2015, 07:14:35 am »

I had the weirdest dream ever.

I wanted more Just Dance 3 songs, and I wanted to buy them...so I looked into the "Buy a Just Dance 3 Song" section. It turns out there was a preview... involving a shrimp gun... in 3d. It didn't look Just Dance 3 style at all.

Then, I was on YouTube. I saw a clip of someone escaping quicksand with a girl, and apparently the name of the person's channel was "Erbium." It was also the same channel that created the same Just Dance 3 song that involved shrimp guns in it, except more in Just Dance 3 style.

That's all.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: October 04, 2015, 09:59:07 pm »

Two dreams last night; don't remember the topic of the second one and I'm not sure I want to.

The first one, though, was... strange, to say the least. I was working with Bernie Sanders for some reason, and he, a couple body guards, and I pulled up to a public elementary school in an economy-class sedan to make a speech. We all had on black suits, but for some reason I was also wearing a baseball cap. When we got to the building, the "school" looked suspiciously looked like the entryway to a stereotypical prison; everything was grey, dimly-lit, and squarish. There were some little kids standing and sitting around, and occasionally one would walk up to Bernie and introduce themselves. They would then talk about some random topic the little kid was interested in for a few minutes before another kid introduced themselves.

Growing a bit bored, I went up a flight of stairs and discovered that the upper floor of the prison!elementary-school was actually the top floor of my house.

Then I woke up. Needless to say, Bernie never made his speech.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: October 05, 2015, 07:34:25 am »

Came back from girlfriendland yesterday, and slept in my own room for the first time in 4 days, and had a rather interesting dream/nightmare thingy.

I had a rather realistic dream in which some sort of huge intergalactical wave of ~mystery energy~ hit the earth. It didn't mess with our electronics at all, but rather, it messed up with people's brainwaves in weird ways, causing pretty much everyone on earth to go batshit insane for about 24 hours.

The wave caused different kinds of madness on different people. Some just became absurdly uninhibited and started running around naked on the streets humping anyone they could find and eating trash, and some families that locked themselves inside their houses ended up having huge incestous orgies. Other people became absurdly smart and invented awesome things, but also suffered from absurdly vivid hallucinations, while some others became completely apathetic lethargic, just standing around all day, and many others became suicidal.

There were also people that started acting like fast zombies, becoming extremely agressive and psychotic, attacking anyone on sight and fighting to death with eachother. A whole bunch of other people just kind of disappeared, and nobody has any idea of what happened to them. Also, apparently some people just weren't affected and either ran away to protect themselves or started capturing everything on camera.

Most of the dream took place in the aftermath, a day after the whole madness, in which the news was full of the videos and photos the few sane people took during the event. I seemed to be fine, but I was kinda scared of what I may have done a day before :v, thankfuly I seemed to be alone, so no absurd orgies for me.

Brain pls, you're starting to get more creative.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: October 05, 2015, 07:34:39 am »

I had yet MORE weird dreams...

This one... I was back as a middle schooler.

I took the wrong bus, and I got dropped off at a weird house.

I was let into it... and WHOA! There was a GRAVITY CONTROL THING in the house!

I could fly!
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: October 05, 2015, 09:02:58 am »

I had a dream about a horrifying zombie apocalypse... After it began I went to go scrounge a jacket, because we were about to evacuate and I knew it would be getting colder when city-wide sirens went off, letting us know the infected had reach the outskirts of wherever we were, a monotone administrator came over the PA to tell the citizens to keep calm, but was cut off and replaced with the horrifying screams of the infected. I sprinted like hell through the chaos back to some bus I knew was working and hid under the seats. I was terrified and when I got the courage to peep out, a group of survivors had commandeered the bus and driven us to a safe zone. In this case, Copenhagen--The city had been replanned and the city center fortified with massive plexiglass walls. We were back in the queue for miles, so we decided to hike the rest of the way. We approached one of the entrances of the city--this one happened to be elevated about another one nearby--and watched as lines of military transport trucks freely entered and exited below, a wave of infected swept towards the city, chasing a number of survivors trying to get in the wrong way. They were brought down mostly by unseen gunfire and toxic gas which was lethal to the infected, the trucks didn't slow down, but entered an airlock system where all the infected inside were killed and disposed of before entering the city. A few infected and survivors survived and tried to climb up a series of fences with little success to reach us. Eventually we made it inside the teeming metropolis, where life went on more-or-less normally, except that all the job were directly related to the survival of the city. Most citizen worked in manufacturing, well-payed volunteers were sent far north to Sweden and Norway where the infection had not really spread to work in mines to keep the supply of iron and coal flowing, and other volunteers entered the military--many as drivers and guards for the vitally important caravans. I never knew where the trucks went or where they came from, only that the city depended on them. City life too, was not free of fear. Multiple times outer sections were breached and temporality quarantined (with little to no loss of human life) terrifyingly enough.

The zombies were more jogging zombies than sprinting zombies... Not quite to levels of the terrible World War Z movie, but much faster and scarier than The Walking Dead
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:06:03 am by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 339