Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568066 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2790 on: October 05, 2015, 03:43:16 pm »

This last one... made even less sense than last time.

My chemistry teacher bought a gigantic green glass hamster wheel. It was too slippery to use. He then randomly began debating with some people about what kind of wheels would work best on a pirate ship.

All of a sudden, I was in a park, eating lunch. There was a sign and a modified traffic light; the sign informed me that when the traffic light was white, nobody was allowed to play on the playground. My subconscious instinctively knew this was somehow  Donald Trump's doing.

I was suddenly on a swingset. A strange, recurring motif in my dreams is this thing where I'm on a swingset, and it's going so fast that if I let go I would go flying into the air at about fifty miles per hour. I let go for some reason, and warped dream-physics cause me to have inertia with the swingset and not catapult into the stratosphere. I get off the swingset, and see a guy I've seen around occasionally walking into a building behind me. I had previously been under the impression that the building behind me was a public school, but it was actually a ranch-style house.

I then woke up.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: October 16, 2015, 08:19:56 pm »

I had a few dreams last night.

All I really remember, though, is that earlier on in all this dreaming there was a clutch of vulture eggs laid outside whatever house/room/apartment thing I was living in in the dream. I thought this was quite exciting, since I'd have cute little vultures flapping about later on. I can't remember if I actually saw the adult vultures or not, perhaps the eggs were abandoned and somehow being incubated.

But anyway, much later in another dream, the eggs hatched, the vultures grew, and they started causing all sorts of trouble.
I remember towards the end of the dreams, shortly before I woke up, I was sitting and talking to someone when two of the vultures flew up to me. They were terrifying, with scruffy, jagged feathers, gleaming little eyes filled with mischief and these horrifying, misshapen blade-like beaks.

They landed on my shoulders and I froze in fear.
They started rummaging around in my hair, running the tips of their beaks down my scalp as though searching for something. They were quite slow and gentle, but I could still feel how sharp their beaks were and I knew they could tear me to ribbons if I moved or pissed them off somehow.

I'm pretty sure that's when I woke up.
It was kind of interesting, having the set-up for that scene from an earlier dream finally come to fruition in (what I'm pretty sure was) a completely seperate one.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: October 17, 2015, 12:41:58 pm »

Last night was a silly one. I was with my brother, nephew, and niece, trying to get across a college campus to our parking lot. Everywhere was children. For whatever reason we had to wait for everyone else to start walking up a sidewalk, despite that we weren't going to the same place. We followed them up a road with overhanging branches that kept hitting me in the face and other people on foot or on bikes that demanded everyone get out of their way. Whenever we would miss the parking lot, the day would revert back to the point at which we were leaving the building and we'd try again. After five or six attempts the entire group spontaneously went off into a different path and we all descended into the basement of another building.
    In this building there was some sort of dance competition. A girl I had some sort of relationship with was involved, I spectated. It was ridiculous, and I have no idea if there was even a winner. Next thing I know everyone is boarding a train, my brother and family have occupied an entire room all for themselves plus one of my brother's friends, so I have to sit outside, behind a wood board. The train is made of bricks or insulation blocks, apparently, and a couple uniformed dudes come in and start removing every single one, and find in some of them boxes of smuggled cigars which they confiscate. There are two hidden in the boards next to me. Then they're finally content the train can depart.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 01:03:42 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: October 18, 2015, 08:18:38 am »

I had a dream recently where I met my (online) best friend in person and kept snuggling with her. I don't think either of us would actually approve of that in real life (due to personal space issues).

Also, ever since my dog was put down, I've been having recurring dreams of her getting reincarnated somehow. These are much more pleasant and I would like to keep having them.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: October 18, 2015, 08:31:36 am »

One wheel short of a wagon

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: October 18, 2015, 08:45:35 am »

Relevant

...I'm going to hell for laughing at this.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: October 18, 2015, 06:17:05 pm »

Took a nap today. Dreamed that I took a nap today and had a dream that was so hard to wake up from that I had to physically struggle to wake up and get out of bed, because I was so entangled in my bedsheets and so sleepy that I had to mentally try to stay awake.

Then my alarm went off and I woke up for real from a dream about it being hard to wake up from a dream. Meta.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: October 18, 2015, 07:42:58 pm »

I fever dreamed that I failed my math class.

My life is so boring that my fever dreams constitute on living on earth, with my parents, and failing my math class.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: October 19, 2015, 12:05:17 am »

I dreamed I was working in Walmart stocking things. Still had the same manager as I do in my present job. He told me I had to sort out and price all of the clothes hangars. There were a lot of different varieties of clothes hangars. A lot. It took hours. And this was after showing up late, the HR manager glaring at me like she always does (it is the creepiest stare, and it is the only one she ever seems to use. Like I've disappointed her, she's angry but trying to hide it.)

Eventually I went home, got the dogs, and went for a walk down the highway by the Columbia River. We kept going until I found some large supermarket. Walmart again I guess. The dogs were not allowed inside, I had to go inside, they weren't on leashes, so I was struggling to keep their attention long enough to get them into... A car shaped like a weiner. Because apparently that belonged to some friends or something? I failed. And while trying to do that a pterosaur flew by overhead and screamed at us. I actually immediately thought "dragon" from the sound but no, seeing a pterosaur is perfectly normal too.

Also, molly, I've had dreams about my cat and her brother being with us still. Im always disappointed when I wake up without them. They were good kitties.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:06:52 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: October 19, 2015, 12:30:58 am »

Took a nap today. Dreamed that I took a nap today and had a dream that was so hard to wake up from that I had to physically struggle to wake up and get out of bed, because I was so entangled in my bedsheets and so sleepy that I had to mentally try to stay awake.

Then my alarm went off and I woke up for real from a dream about it being hard to wake up from a dream. Meta.
My every morning, except the dream is about waking up easily and real life is...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: October 19, 2015, 07:10:38 am »

I had a dream where another one of my quotes made it to the quotes thread.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: October 19, 2015, 07:44:19 am »

Last night I dreamed I was a commander of some kind of war. Waves of reinforcing soldiers would arrive, whom I would order to the battlefront to die.

In between the arrival of these reinforcements I would pass the time by stabbing holes into the palm of my hand with some kind of hollow spike. My hands looked like a trypophobe's worst nightmare.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: October 19, 2015, 08:29:24 am »

Also, molly, I've had dreams about my cat and her brother being with us still. Im always disappointed when I wake up without them. They were good kitties.

=(
Yeah, it really sucks losing a pet. I'm hoping I can get another doggy someday, but nothing will be able to replace Cocoa.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: October 19, 2015, 09:01:41 am »

Came back from girlfriendland yesterday, and slept in my own room for the first time in 4 days, and had a rather interesting dream/nightmare thingy.

I had a rather realistic dream in which some sort of huge intergalactical wave of ~mystery energy~ hit the earth. It didn't mess with our electronics at all, but rather, it messed up with people's brainwaves in weird ways, causing pretty much everyone on earth to go batshit insane for about 24 hours.

The wave caused different kinds of madness on different people. Some just became absurdly uninhibited and started running around naked on the streets humping anyone they could find and eating trash, and some families that locked themselves inside their houses ended up having huge incestous orgies. Other people became absurdly smart and invented awesome things, but also suffered from absurdly vivid hallucinations, while some others became completely apathetic lethargic, just standing around all day, and many others became suicidal.

There were also people that started acting like fast zombies, becoming extremely agressive and psychotic, attacking anyone on sight and fighting to death with eachother. A whole bunch of other people just kind of disappeared, and nobody has any idea of what happened to them. Also, apparently some people just weren't affected and either ran away to protect themselves or started capturing everything on camera.

Most of the dream took place in the aftermath, a day after the whole madness, in which the news was full of the videos and photos the few sane people took during the event. I seemed to be fine, but I was kinda scared of what I may have done a day before :v, thankfuly I seemed to be alone, so no absurd orgies for me.

Brain pls, you're starting to get more creative.

That could be an interesting short story! Get writing, TempAcc.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: October 19, 2015, 12:12:29 pm »

So in a class I sit with a dude who is targeted by everyone, constantly getting mocked and I see him struggling to get into the collective but his nerdiness just does not allow him (he has no social awarness)

Now randomly in a dream, I end up bullying him and dragging him out of school in an attempt to beat him up.
I do not understand this at all.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 339