Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568112 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2745 on: September 17, 2015, 10:46:15 am »

I had a couple of dreams last night (I just woke up), but the one I remember was fascinating.

Really, I should give you a bit of backstory, but it's rather personal... well, not exactly personal, but I would feel weird telling my messed-up family history to whoever happens to read this post. So I'll just stick to the dream.

Whilst on this trip, I went to some place which I presume had special significance to my long-dead maternal grandfather, whose life, habits and death my mother and I have been trying to learn more about. There was nothing there now but some bland-looking concrete building on an empty lot, with dark glass windows and doors, and the whole thing was shadowed by an overpass, but as I reached the site the doors of the building were opening and closing as if by themselves; not violently but insistently.

There was a woman leaving the place as I got there. I think she was some sort of caretaker for the building and she warned me it was haunted, but somehow saw in me that I was meant to be there. She may have shown up again earlier or later in the dream.

Anyway, for whatever reason my grandfather's spirit was especially strong in this place, and I was uniquely attuned and able to see his ghost more than others. Well, not some cliche ghostly outline or anything, just the ways his ghost manifested. Things moving, shadows, changing air currents and stuff like that. It was weird.
He was signalling to me, first to enter the building, and then he directed me over to a wall.

I don't remember being afraid at all, I was just honoured to meet my grandfather and fascinated by the possibility of learning more about him.
At some point, I either received a vision or watched some recorded footage from his lifetime- given that he died in 1961 I'm assuming it was the former- and was struck by how much I could relate to him, in how he spoke and acted. Sadly I cannot really remember more, save that in that vision he was interacting with one of his brothers, who is still alive. I'm not sure why he chose to communicate with me, or why I alone was able to see and understand him so clearly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: September 17, 2015, 12:48:41 pm »

But seriously, those are a thing. :v You get weird creatures lurking in rainforests, viz.:

Spoiler: Arachnophobia, etc. (click to show/hide)

Lightning not currently visible.
I don't even like spideeers the things I do for a joke

I'm simultaneously pleased and disconcerted that apparently I'm a reliable enough source to be terrifying.

This is what happens when birds torture spiders by stealing their legs, then the helpless bastard gets caught on camera just to rub it in its terrifying little face.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2747 on: September 17, 2015, 01:52:06 pm »

But seriously, those are a thing. :v You get weird creatures lurking in rainforests, viz.:

Spoiler: Arachnophobia, etc. (click to show/hide)

Lightning not currently visible.
I don't even like spideeers the things I do for a joke

I'm simultaneously pleased and disconcerted that apparently I'm a reliable enough source to be terrifying.

This is what happens when birds torture spiders by stealing their legs, then the helpless bastard gets caught on camera just to rub it in its terrifying little face.

That's actually Bob the regrettably crippled tarantula. He escaped his cage and got stuck on a piece of fly paper (sweet irony), losing all but two of his legs; he lost the seventh some time later. Amazingly, his owner kept him alive until his next molt and he made a full recovery.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: September 17, 2015, 03:07:37 pm »

Ah, the joys of being able to ditch your old skin and all the crippling injuries you've accumulated.
Sounds like wereceatures in DF...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: September 17, 2015, 10:35:08 pm »

I never knew tarantulas can regrow limbs. Though, my knowledge on spiders apart from identifying their species is woefully small.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: September 18, 2015, 01:39:06 pm »

Just had a rather long and entertaining dream where my RL friend and I were both recruited (separately) into the same criminal organization.
They let him join because, as I was told, one of their main enforcers had been driving a carload of prostitutes somewhere, seen my friend on his fancy bicycle, and decided to threaten him and steal it. My friend responded by riding like crazy and outrunning them on the city streets, but still they managed to tail him back to the apartment he was living in. (In RL he lives in the same house as me.)

The guy had some of the women knock at the door, and sure enough my friend (always a sucker for an attractive female) let them in, only for the enforcer to step out from behind them and hold him at gunpoint. Still, they were impressed by my friend's fearlessness and, rather than shooting him, recruited him. Given how obsessed he is with bicycles I can actually believe this happening, haha.
I was recruited for some reason a short while later and was surprised to see him there, until the guy who recruited us told me the story.

The dream went on for quite a while after that- I even woke up when my alarm went off, shut it up and (I was super tired) went back to sleep and continued the dream- but I don't remember a whole lot of detail. I know there was a lot of cool stuff and at least one shootout. I vaguely remember running away from someone at one point, firing a gun wildly behind me, and at another point I shot a guy for some reason.

It was a cool dream, though. Even if it wasn't very restful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: September 18, 2015, 02:50:25 pm »

I was a security guard and I was guarding an underground parking lot for no particular reason with my African-American partner. Some guy with a womens' haircut runs at us out of nowhere and starts firing at us with an automatic handgun. He somehow misses us almost every time, except for the time his bullet grazes my left side; upon checking my shirt, it left something about as bad as a papercut. My partner took the guy down, and I grabbed his gun. I noticed the handle was about the size of a pineapple, and instead of having a box magazine there was a big bullet compartment which could be opened by a little door on the side. Upon opening the compartment, I find that it's full of AA batteries.

I immediately decided that this meant his gun shot batteries, although I suppose in hindsight he might've been smuggling the batteries or something.

All of a sudden I found myself going on a tour with a few other people in a game corporation's skyscraper headquarters. The CEO of the corporation, who bears a suspicious resemblance to my sister's chorus instructor, walked up to us and greeted us. We went into an elevator that was about thirty feet long by five feet wide and shaped like half an oval; the CEO showed us a secret compartment in the back wall that was actually a second elevator that went up to their secret lab on the top floor. The lab was black with a bunch of TRON-style green lines all over the walls, and the room was full of computers and lasers (along with, seemingly... cloning vats or something?)

One of the scientists in the lab showed one of the guys going on the tour a video game; I forget what it was called, but I think it was something like "Blade" or "Fang". The game was apparently about designing dinosaurs and making them fight each other to try and create "the ultimate dinosaur" or something like that.

Suddenly the CEO told us to get out and we were instantaneously outside the building. Moments later, it blew up.

I have not yet decided if the CEO was a jerk and the building exploding was his comeuppance or if he knew the building was going to explode and told us to get out so we wouldn't die.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: September 20, 2015, 11:25:37 am »

Last night I had some ridiculous dream about going for a bike ride out of town, and getting horribly, irrevocably lost almost immediately. I tried desperately going every which way down the highways to find a sign pointing me in the right direction. There were none. Nobody could give me directions, of those who bothered to stop. I eventually came back to a cycle park where this one guy was going in circles like he was equally lost. He suggested going down a dirt rode and across a bridge over a river. When I did so I took a path lower than he intended, he stood at the fork and called out that I was going the wrong way. However, after I'd gotten down there, three baby elephants had come out of the brush between us. If I tried to go back up where he was pointing their mother would surely come out and trample me. So I crossed the stream on the rickety little planks submerged under the water. On the other side, I couldn't find a way back up onto the main road. But there was a wooden platform of some sort, a bunch of mishmashed scaffolding. I decided I'd try to climb up that to get to the road. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a stairwell that led to the top that wasn't guarded by vicious wild dogs. Eventually one of them spotted me and raised the alarm, and then I was woken up by kittens.
I make Spellcrafts!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: September 20, 2015, 02:23:08 pm »

Dreamed I was playing a really strange and realistic game about being lost in a snowy mountain range or something, so large that it would take whole week of walking to get from one edge of the map to another. The game was absurdly weird though. The sky was mostly covered with thick clouds except for a certain part of it that was completely clear, and during the day, a colossal and really creepy and decrepit looking white fox with an elongated body floated in the sky, about the same distance as the moon, but larger, and its left eye focused on me CONSTANTLY while shining a light as bright as the sun. The day and night cycled was regulated by the presence and absence of this creature in that clear bit of sky.

The gameplay was kinda survival horror-ey in an open world. You had to wander around while hiding from the extremely agressive mutated fauna, searching for a way to escape. The mutants were kinda scary but a bit cartoonish at times. I remember being attacked by a kung fu snow ferret or something. The game had a save system, but enforced perma death, and considering how damn large the world was, it was pretty hard to finish it.

I also remember that, in order to get the true ending, you had to find and kill certain dangerous mutated animals, then cut their bodies apart untill you found a small object that looked like a bunch of hooks welded/fused togheder inside each of them. I remember somehow killing a fucking bear and then having to realistically and slowly cut into his body to pull out the object.

Brain pls.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2754 on: September 20, 2015, 02:28:11 pm »

I'd play that game. Sounds trippy as all get out, but fun.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: September 20, 2015, 04:05:25 pm »

Ceiling fox watches you masturbate?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2756 on: September 20, 2015, 05:07:38 pm »

So I had that dream where I'm watching an awesome jackie chan movie when suddenly loads of jewish scientists appear and then russians begin assassinating everyone and I go to sleep in the dream having another dream where I watch the jackie chan movie again. Should not fall to sleep watching 31337 mlg dorito quickscoping. Jackie Chan remains solid though

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: September 20, 2015, 05:09:39 pm »

Who doesn't have that dream from time to time?
One wheel short of a wagon

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: September 20, 2015, 05:14:53 pm »

I also dreamed I had to go to a pharmacy during the night in some city full of barred gates and closed streets and for some reason I kept falling asleep while on my way there, but it wasn't nearly as absurd as the previous one :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: September 21, 2015, 02:10:51 am »

Had a bit of an episode where I was unable to determine dreams from reality. I'd arrived back at my apartment, completely exhausted, crashed on the couch, and sometime after that the WTFery began.

I could not tell for sure where I was, if I was awake or not, whether or not I was speaking to someone (the same person throughout most of the experience) out loud or by text, whether or not they were replying (seemed like they were but I couldn't understand them), or, at times, what I was. It was a very disconcerting experience. Perhaps worst of all, it seems that conversation was partly real, as evidenced by my message history on Skype, though it was one-sided.

:o  ???  :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 339