Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512698 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2760 on: September 21, 2015, 03:37:15 pm »

We must go deeper

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: September 22, 2015, 12:42:45 am »

Hugo, when you go to bed, you go to bed. Not sleep-text people on Skype whilst tripping balls.

I've had a dream recently where my family and all our pets were on a tropical island or something. Our ye olde sailing vessel was stuck in a reef, and I was supposed to go find something while dad fixed it. So I was then exploring a draugr ruin in the mountains, which may or may not have been freezing and snowy, and exited it at the top of a waterfall. This being a TES game suddenly, jumping into the pool at the bottom totally didn't hurt me at all. Then I found the locals, who as it turns out didn't like us at all.

Lots of running and I was back on the beach, the boat was ready and now moored to a lovely new dock in a lagoon, and we could launch. As soon as we got all the freaking cats inside. They kept finding holes in the deck/cabin walls to climb out of, we kept trying to box them back into a crawlspace. It didn't work.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: September 22, 2015, 01:06:25 am »

Yeah, person I texted said I should go to a hospital. I'll just chalk it up to exhaustion + too much caffeine for now, and save further action for if it happens again without being sleep deprived.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: September 23, 2015, 08:31:31 pm »

I had a dream that I was a vampire, and I sucked a few peoples blood, it was kind of amusing they shriveled up, later I was outside and hovering about 30 feet or so above the ground when suddenly a rhino starts chasing me, why I was worried about a rhino when I was hovering 30 feet in the air I'll never know, but I quickly went inside and barred the door with furniture that didn't even exist before I placed it and tried to hide. I was successful. Later in the dream I gave someone their blood back, somehow the person was alright.

I also remember another dream, I was working at a restaurant, my boss was a small woman with purple eyes, near the end of the dream I saw a black creature with a small body, it had long massive hairs that looked like wheat, and its "legs" looked like a belt in the shape of a wheel. I tried to crush it but my foot wouldn't move, before I could attempt to crush it again it moved away from me very quickly, I just stared at if for awhile before I work up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: September 23, 2015, 08:34:12 pm »

I remember something last night about... I think I went to a mall with a second-grader and his mom. While I was there, I bought a bunch of hats, including a cowboy hat and a green knit cap. Don't remember much else, though. :/
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: September 23, 2015, 11:14:33 pm »

It means you really need to find a snazzy new hat.

I can't even remember dreaming last night at all. Like usually I have a vague emotional impression of how the dream went if I can't remember anything directly, but tonight I'm utterly lost. Maybe I didn't.

edit - crazy dreams!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:20:13 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: September 25, 2015, 03:53:41 pm »

I had a dream where I got a new car that was as long as a van.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: September 26, 2015, 05:27:46 am »

I had a dream, I think I was living on some weird version of earth, Australia was located where Africa should be and Russia surrounded it.
I was at my house but instead of being in town it was in the middle of some plains/swamp region, only one other building in sight. I eventually realized it was a dream so I asked the person with me about it, we talked about the possibility that I'm not dreaming and that real life was the dream.

At the end of the dream things turned ASCII, I was viewing what looked like dwarf fortress, someone was in a coffin and they were trying to get out, the dream ended shortly after the person's escape from the coffin.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: September 26, 2015, 06:10:52 pm »

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: September 26, 2015, 09:00:19 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: September 27, 2015, 09:43:00 am »

I dreamed a dream. Not a silent dream, but it is interesting that I haven't actually figured out how ambient noise works when it comes to dreaming. But it was a lucid dream; one that I was finally able to trigger for myself after looong time.

Spoiler: Dream (click to show/hide)

So it was short. But I was able to learn a few small things. One, I can trigger Lucid Dreams while laying on my side. This is bigger than I had thought, since I had assumed that I would always fall asleep too quickly on my side and always attempted to trigger it from laying on my back instead. The second, is that I can judge the onset of a lucid dream by how shallow my breath is becoming. Once my body begins taking breaths that seem much too shallow for my waking body, it becomes apparent that now is the time that my body finally decides to give up the ghost.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: September 29, 2015, 08:47:00 am »

[...]It was a lucid dream; one that I was finally able to trigger for myself after looong time.[...]
Lucid dreamer high five ._.
Mine seems like I can do it in-part during the dream, every dream...or 'when I feel like it', though.

But I'll cross-post from the Terrified Thread.
Had a nightmare, where a really big spider was falling on my face, I dodged it and walked out of the room. There was a second spider there, which turned into a black cockroach and started flying around. I grabbed a glass cup and caught the monster under it. It turned into a plastic cup and promptly got shredded, at which point I woke up.
I've been noticing--through memories of years gone by--that in the recent...twenty months or so? I have had no 'nightmares' where the usual horror exists, but...more 'spider' filled "nightmares" and always spider-filled before waking up -_-

Details include very...strange spiders, not like the ones in reality (and the huge compendium of spider species...). Spider-like in shape, and able to spin webs. Never the jumping spider type (just able to...scuttle very fast). And usually always near me.

Of course, none tried to attack me...but just being near them and always being able to observe them (in very fine detail) gave me unease, at times, and at other times, just woke me up with the sense that there's webbing all around me.

...That isn't something I've learned to work with in dreams. -_-

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: September 29, 2015, 06:28:25 pm »

Use your brain powers to turn them into bunnies.

I had a dream night before last about me and a friend handling a giant tarantula that had spun a web between two parallel sticks. After putting it down, I started being chased by it all around the room. I tried to escape, I hid in the rafters, but it followed me up, and once up there, it leapt up onto my face, literally jumping 3+ feet like a headcrab, prompting me to wake up.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 339