Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568110 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2730 on: September 12, 2015, 02:54:51 pm »

Last night, I dreamed I went to a firing range to practice with my rifle. Forgot my magazine, loaded every round directly through the breach. Eventually, other people walked out into the middle of the range without my noticing (it was indoors. There are no indoor ranges I'm aware of here. Why shoot indoors when you can shoot outdoors into the side of a hill, ya know?)

I shot one of them, and panicked. I realized the manager at the range was also dead behind his desk. Everyone else had gone completely still like statues, they would just stare straight ahead. I couldn't get ahold of emergency services. I tried dragging this girl out and gave up and left her in a closet, she still wasn't responding, and was heavy. The one I'd shot was thoroughly dead, I guess. I did eventually find living people to help, but then they froze up too.

Just... Ugh. No. Wtf?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: September 13, 2015, 03:34:39 pm »

you can't run from your crimes forever eric
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: September 13, 2015, 11:29:13 pm »

Had two dreams I remember.

First one was all in shades of yellow-tinged black and grey, which looked cool as hell. There was a wizard and his elven apprentice travelling along a twilight road with their horse and wagon when they met a dark elf and a wyvern; the dark elf threatened them and proceeded to attack violently in the name of his clan. How did they defeat these threats, might you ask?

Yelling so hard they disintegrated, that's how.

Then the wizard said he'd leave for a while and let the apprentice travel alone. Then the wizard leveled up and the damage his shouty spell did increased to 6d8; the RPG elements were not hinted to at all before this.

The other dream was about Spongebob becoming a master tennis player by learning how to stretch his arms before travelling to the 8-bit United States to compete in the world championships. Which was about par for the course, really.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: September 13, 2015, 11:49:59 pm »

Hey I forget, is not dreaming a good thing or a bad thing? I haven't had a dream in ages.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: September 14, 2015, 12:29:42 am »

Depends on if more than half of your dreams are about going to work.

Last night I dreamed about filling out a huge order for a customer. Then screwing up all the organization in the storeroom. Then I couldn't find something another customer wanted. It went on like that for literally hours.

Couple nights ago I had a dream about a cooperative fps game which involved me and a handful of others trying to infiltrate some huge facility. The first few sections were devoid of any activity. Spooky, even. First firefight happened after crossing a bridge. Shortly thereafter we got into yet another fight in a tight hallway, whole squad was wiped by some big tanky thing and company. Didn't throw enough explody dakka at it.

Second attempt, survived that firefight, took some of the little folks prisoner. Scrawny pale humanoids in one piece suits, no armor. Move onto next room, interrupt a firefight between these guys and man-bear-pig things (really, pig-headed ass whipping humanoids). Man-bear-pigs had a hotrod with a gun on it. Charged down hall and wiped whole squad again.

I woke up thinking that was an awesome game that I'd want to play.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: September 14, 2015, 09:27:32 am »

Oh no I'm having boring dreams in between the cool ones ;_;
I had a dream about installing a pc case fan. A case fan. This is the most relevant thing I have to process in my sleep.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: September 14, 2015, 09:51:14 am »

Sorry to hear that. I myself had a cool dream on a similar subject, but instead of just a boring old case fan, I was designing and installing a CPU chip that was physically 3x3x3 times the size of a top end CPU, 1/4 the cost of the top-ender, and capable of 10x the pflops and 4x the maximum calculation size per operation, while operating at 1/2 the temperature at the same % load.

This being highly unrealistic, it was entertaining to me, so I'm sorry your dream was so mundane. Actually, I also envy that when you dream of work you get to dream of computers like that. I get computer dreams only rarely, 9/10 of my dreams are pouring coffee and burning myself when it spills.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2737 on: September 14, 2015, 02:35:20 pm »

My nightmares are just soul-crushingly realistic nightmares about exams. Anything else is like an action movie.

Even my dreams are about exams. Send help.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: September 14, 2015, 06:19:08 pm »

I stopped remembering my dreams, which is a shame because edgy reason it has a nice escapist feel to it, if anything.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: September 14, 2015, 06:59:33 pm »

I dreamt that Roger Federer hit Andy Murray in the head with a high-speed tennis ball whilst warming up his serve pre-match. ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: September 15, 2015, 09:21:08 pm »

I had this hella weird dream about these giant[Think bird-eating] spiders. These spiders had only one leg, but they could control electricity with that leg. The electricity was enough to crumple a human face, which looked really weird in-dream. And, if they installed themselves in a human brain cavity, they could use their electroleg to crudely control the body by sending signals down the nerves or something weird. But they could only control the vocal cords badly and could speak precisely two sentences: "This is part of my religion" and "Respect me more dammit". They used these two sentences to try to disguise their murderous nature while piloting a human shell. And then I dreamed I posted about this on Bay12 in the dream thread and then someone quoted something from Arx in 2014 that said that these spiders actually existed. Then I sort of woke up, but still fervently believed the spider things were real for the next hourish.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: September 15, 2015, 09:28:30 pm »

You haven't heard about the spiders? They use electrical impulses to control the world around them, I think. It's creepy, but thankfully they only live in Canada.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2742 on: September 16, 2015, 03:21:48 am »

But seriously, those are a thing. :v You get weird creatures lurking in rainforests, viz.:

Spoiler: Arachnophobia, etc. (click to show/hide)

Lightning not currently visible.
I don't even like spideeers the things I do for a joke

I'm simultaneously pleased and disconcerted that apparently I'm a reliable enough source to be terrifying.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: September 16, 2015, 05:44:24 am »

Spider enthusiast here and I still think those mind control spiders sound creepy as hell.

Now don't mind me while I go adopt 20 cats.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: September 17, 2015, 06:29:02 am »

I had a dream where Rhenium was a competitor in "Total Drama All-Stars." I searched up "Rhenium's elimination" in the search box.

Also, it was that Rhenium was not in "Total Drama Action" and "Total Drama World Tour," but in "Total Drama Island."

Spoiler: and there's rhenium (click to show/hide)
Rubidium has RETURNED!
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 339