Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512615 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2715 on: September 03, 2015, 03:14:36 am »

I had a seriously messed up dream last night.
Actually it started off normally enough, I don't really remember it now but it was just standard-grade rambly dream nonsense... then all of a sudden BAM, weird shit happened and I realised things were going bad and tried to wake myself up, but was too late. It wasn't a nightmare, but this kind of dream upsets me far more than my actual nightmares. :-\
Yes, not to invoke TMI, but it abruptly became one of 'those dreams', the kind that necessitate a change of underpants. I hope I just have a nightmare tonight.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: September 03, 2015, 02:54:48 pm »

Yay, I had a nightmare last night! And an interesting one at that. :D

First part I remember involved me thinking about an old, long-lost friend I had named Brian in the first few grades of school. Wondering where he was now, that sort of thing. I'd never known his surname and so I was never able to track him down. I wound up looking through old papers and such from my earliest school days, though, and I found his last name on some sort of report card/school photo. It started with 'K' and was only a single syllable.

The next part I remember took place (seemingly) much later in the dream. I'm not even sure if it was part of the same dream. Anyway, I was with someone and was rummaging through a box of things from my childhood. The main things I was looking at (and discussing with my companion) were a collection of N64 games. Some of them I believe were actually real games that I once owned IRL, but for some reason in dream-world the cartridges were coloured black instead of grey. They brought back a lot of happy memories.
There were some PS1 games, too, and I believe they also had a different colour scheme.

As I started looking through the PS1 games, though, I found something disturbing- a polaroid photo of myself. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the first creepy occurrence of the dream, and I was instantly on guard. I may have found some other worrying things in the box, but there was nothing too extreme, I don't think.

I was sick of this, though, sick of being stalked and taunted by whoever the hell was after me. I said something to that effect to my companion, then walked over to one of the walls (we were under an old house, a Queenslander, built on high stumps with a lot of space below it, which was mostly encircled by wooden slats) and saw, with some surprise, a woman sitting on a seat a short distance away. That seemed suspicious to me, and I shouted at her, demanded that she come over here.

She stood up, quite calmly, and walked around to the door. She was, I saw now, stunningly attractive, and was wearing an unusual purple outfit that only made her more of a suspect. Not that I have anything against purple, you know, it's a great colour- but there was definitely something strange about her.
I can't remember our dialogue, unfortunately, but my fears were very quickly realized- she was the one (or maybe one of a team/group?) who were responsible for the weird shit going on, who had been following me, and she/they had decided to up the ante.

She placed an ice chest on the ground in front of me. I can't remember exactly what she said, something about my father, but I was horrified.
I hesitantly opened it and caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a human brain, lying in a mix of blood and water, lightly garnished with *shudder* olives. I looked away, looked back to her. There was more dialogue, but again, I can't remember it. I assume I demanded to know what she had done, etc. etc, whether that was my father's brain in the ice chest, you know, all the basic questions.

And then I grabbed her by the throat. As is normal in my dreams, I seemed far stronger than IRL. I could have snapped her neck with ease, and I was on the verge of doing so as I squeezed. Her face showed a brief moment of displeasure, but then her irritating, unnerving calm returned. She reminded me that, if I killed her, I would never know just what had happened, just what she'd done or where the bodies were. I believe she also insinuated that, even with her dead, the terrible events surrounding me would continue unabated, which lends credence to the 'more than one person involved' theory.

I wasn't entirely sure whether to believe that, though. It could easily have been a bluff.
And I wasn't sure I wanted to know what she had done. I knew that taking my revenge now and killing her would give me a great deal of satisfaction, but at the same time I hesitated- what if she was telling the truth? I'd probably already asked just why she was doing this, but I don't believe it got an answer. Any questions about who her conspirators were doubtless received the same response.

So I stood there, staring into her calm, beautiful face with my hands wrapped around her neck, tensed and ready.
...And then I woke up. Gg, brain. Gg. (This dream was very much influenced by the Nosleep stories I read before going to sleep, haha.)
Booze is Life for Yoink

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: September 05, 2015, 03:10:30 am »

Wow.

Last night I was part of a team sent into a seemingly normal urban environmemt to investigate a weird tunnel that made you forget what was up it whenever you walked down it. We had to collect some posters from the top which extended up into a warehouse which was hard enough, as we kept forgetting they were there, and couldn't see from the entrance. Then another team reached the bottom and the tunnel started flashing all different colours so I got the hell outta there, abandoning anyone outside.

I guess that's what happens if ER is the last thing on your mind before going to sleep.
One wheel short of a wagon

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: September 05, 2015, 11:22:08 am »

...And then I woke up. Gg, brain. Gg. (This dream was very much influenced by the Nosleep stories I read before going to sleep, haha.)

Just don't eat the orange, hehe.

Last night I dreamed I was commanded by an elderly Chinese man to collect the songs of birds, so people could enjoy them "as they were meant to be heard." That turned out to mean I was able to make out lyrics to birdsong, and talk to birds too. I'm pretty sure I heard more, but the only ones I even remember the gist of are a cardinal's song about a young couple he saw walking down the sidewalk earlier (it wasn't as boring as it sounds), and a pair of mockingbirds singing a lament for a stag shot by a hunter.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: September 05, 2015, 11:51:51 am »

Just don't eat the orange, hehe.

Last night I dreamed I was commanded by an elderly Chinese man to collect the songs of birds, so people could enjoy them "as they were meant to be heard." That turned out to mean I was able to make out lyrics to birdsong, and talk to birds too. I'm pretty sure I heard more, but the only ones I even remember the gist of are a cardinal's song about a young couple he saw walking down the sidewalk earlier (it wasn't as boring as it sounds), and a pair of mockingbirds singing a lament for a stag shot by a hunter.
That sounds like a brilliant dream. Enchanting, even.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: September 07, 2015, 12:21:31 pm »

I had a dream where my father played with my sister's pet guinea pig atop an exercise ball while the Cyberdemon and I exchanged shots at each other directly overtop of his head.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: September 07, 2015, 12:24:32 pm »

Now that just screams Freudian.
One wheel short of a wagon

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: September 07, 2015, 01:08:38 pm »

...what?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: September 07, 2015, 03:44:05 pm »

"Sometimes a cyberdemon is just a cyberdemon."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: September 08, 2015, 12:04:06 am »

"Sometimes cocaine is just cocaine."

Oh Freud, you...
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: September 08, 2015, 12:43:08 am »

Last night I dreamed I'd showed up for work, but of course the building was completely different. Everything was out on the floor, there was hardly any room in the back and it was cramped as hell, and instead of selling huge quantities of tobacco, gas, junk food and booze we sold just random junk. I went out on the floor at one point and dug around for something, and found a customers' credit card, someone else's wallet, a drivers lisence, and I think a set of keys? And that was among things like balls of yarn, scrap metal, simple machine components like pipe fittings, boxes of books...

It was weird. There were also two stores I had to work at; the one described, and another smaller one that was pretty much a little hut at the top of a hill. I had a 45 minute shift scheduled there, and that was it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: September 11, 2015, 08:06:39 pm »

Wanted to post this morning, didn't have time. Memory hazy... but two dreams.

I was a guard in a prison. One of the prisoners had broken out of their cell, and was in the exercise yard and waving a pair of pistols at me and about 6 other guards, and we had our own guns aimed at him to keep him from doing anything else; but then the warden comes out, and says "Alright, <name forgotten>, put down the guns and go back to your cell". And surprisingly the prisoner just drops the guns on the ground, turns around, and walks to his cell. One of the younger guards (I'd say 15, 16 years old?) asks him, "How'd you DO that?", and even though I'm signalling him not to ask that question, it's too late and the warden answers "A well hypnotized prisoner is a cooperative prisoner. Shall I demonstrate? <Flabort>, give me your ID and bank card". And even though I don't want to, I reach into my pocket, and hand them to the warden, who hands them to the young guard. "You are <Flabort>, these are your ID and bank card". Frustrated, I try to grab the cards back, but now they seem to have the young guard's face on them. Once I get them back, I show them to him and say "It's an illusion, see?" I wave my fingers over the picture of his face and they revert to my face. He's surprised, and asks "But what about my name, if it's not <Flabort>?", and I have to sadly tell him because I never learned it before he went and foolishly got himself hypnotized, I couldn't remind him of what it was before to reverse the situation, so he'd have to be the fourth poor sap with my name.

Implications that I'd been hypnotized for a loooong time were strong.

Second dream... Dammit, I can't remember, sorry. Something about being at sea and nudity.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: September 12, 2015, 06:16:31 am »

I had a dream a while ago, it was pretty odd.
I was about 10 at the time, and in my dream I was a grown-up sapient snowman, and all the kids in this snowy town loved me, but then the grown-ups hated me, and I hid in an ice-cream freezer. Also, the sun was trying to get me as well.

I have weird dreams.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:50 am »

I had a dream a while ago, it was pretty odd.
I was about 10 at the time, and in my dream I was a grown-up sapient snowman, and all the kids in this snowy town loved me, but then the grown-ups hated me, and I hid in an ice-cream freezer. Also, the sun was trying to get me as well.

I have weird dreams.
F-frosty?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: September 12, 2015, 02:36:36 pm »

Wanted to post this morning, didn't have time. Memory hazy... but two dreams.

I was a guard in a prison. One of the prisoners had broken out of their cell, and was in the exercise yard and waving a pair of pistols at me and about 6 other guards, and we had our own guns aimed at him to keep him from doing anything else; but then the warden comes out, and says "Alright, <name forgotten>, put down the guns and go back to your cell". And surprisingly the prisoner just drops the guns on the ground, turns around, and walks to his cell. One of the younger guards (I'd say 15, 16 years old?) asks him, "How'd you DO that?", and even though I'm signalling him not to ask that question, it's too late and the warden answers "A well hypnotized prisoner is a cooperative prisoner. Shall I demonstrate? <Flabort>, give me your ID and bank card". And even though I don't want to, I reach into my pocket, and hand them to the warden, who hands them to the young guard. "You are <Flabort>, these are your ID and bank card". Frustrated, I try to grab the cards back, but now they seem to have the young guard's face on them. Once I get them back, I show them to him and say "It's an illusion, see?" I wave my fingers over the picture of his face and they revert to my face. He's surprised, and asks "But what about my name, if it's not <Flabort>?", and I have to sadly tell him because I never learned it before he went and foolishly got himself hypnotized, I couldn't remind him of what it was before to reverse the situation, so he'd have to be the fourth poor sap with my name.

Implications that I'd been hypnotized for a loooong time were strong.

Second dream... Dammit, I can't remember, sorry. Something about being at sea and nudity.
Wow, that is some trippy shit. Nice!

@DigitalDemon: that's a pretty cool dream, too. (Ha!)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 339