Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512659 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2550 on: June 02, 2015, 05:20:44 pm »

I dreamed that I am in a singing competition of some description. The contestants were all competent except me, who got in for some reasons despite even my dreamself knowing that I suck at these sort of things. I went up on stage and sang a bit and my dream mercifully skipped the rest of it, making things less awkward. I come to my senses a while later offstage and was subtly aware of the dream skip, commenting on that I didn't remember anything and one of my friend pointing out that I did look like I was sleepwalking towards the end.

A Thai girl told me I should find if somebody got a video of me singing so that I can edit the video and submit it for extra points. She showed me her video which is her in a traditional thai dress and with backgrounds of houses and wells behind her while she sing. I decided that I'm rubbish anyways and might as well forfeit the entire thing.

I dreamed that I am a police officer doing a house call on a guy. Because I was such a bro he decides that I must be a dirty cop and let me know that he kidnapped a kid and is waiting to sell her, and hints that there's money involved if I help him. Not wanting to get killed because I'm part of a conspiracy, I play along and we go on a road trip to discuss business. I get out of it by saying that I don't really want to deal with rambunctious kids and the guy understands. We stop by an electronics store so that I can buy him something as a show of my goodwill. I got sidetracked by a booth - no, a stand that has consoles that is advertising a video game. The guy came by and tells me to follow him before I could play the game and he go through a glass door. I realise at this point I am dreaming and try to walk through the glass. I thump into it lime an idiot. I try again with my eyes close and it works. We find a group of white people discussing things about race equality and the guy disappeared in the crowd. I find some of the people's opinion pretty bigoted and I transform into Jesus. I float up and call for attention and is a total bro and make the conservative white christian people uncomfortable by being a brown and liberal Jesus. I explain my ancestry and some Jesus things which I mostly made up on the spot. I then float away while the conservatives are in awe of my Jesushood.

I transform into Odin but as a kid at some point later and I shoot lightnings like a sith lord.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: June 02, 2015, 07:56:34 pm »

A couple nights ago I had a dream while at my grandma's. It starred Castiel from Supernatural. In it, he had a white, hardcover book about  the same thickness as a textbook. It was God's own book and since God was dead, Castiel could do anything that God could do by looking up the action in the book - something that was easy to do since that's how the book was designed.

Last night, I had an entirely unrelated dream. It was starring some random guy on a planet and he was with someone else. The elders of the alien race native to that planet just got into their ships and were off to another planet to go do something, raiding maybe. What was supposed to happen in the dream was my guy would find one of their transports and follow them but then a suddenly lucid me realised the alien's craft looked like the Vinama from Fate/Zero. So in my dream, a lucid me - not the random guy - started piloting the Vimana and followed the elders. The controls were crap because it's hard to control in a dream like touch controls (actually thought that while dreaming) but at one point I was going straight and it was AWESOME! I was going so freaking fast and I was sitting on the Vimana! It was a great dream.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:01:28 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: June 02, 2015, 09:17:39 pm »

I had a really bizarre dream last night. The first part of it was supposedly "the seventh Harry Potter book", except it wasn't. It was about my mom and I evading shotgun-toting hicks in a forest in the northeastern US. It dropped all pretense of that when I reached a cabin surrounded by palisades, only to meet a bunch of random people and take a nap on a couch while my mom confronted the hicks, who now had camo gear and ATVs. It then ended when I met my sister in a pigpen.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: June 05, 2015, 07:39:00 pm »

Near the end of last night's dream the Flanders family (from the Simpsons) moved to the area the dream was set in.
They lived in some tiny little cartoonish pink house. I don't remember quite what went on, but they didn't fit in at all. People disliked Ned, and his sons were picked on whenever they tried to socialize. The two boys became increasingly miserable and reclusive, until eventually they appeared to move out.

The camera panned slowly across, showing their house looking quite run-down and abandoned. The curtains were all closed and may have been boarded up, the grass around it was overgrown and there were cracks in the walls. We see Rod riding his bike along towards the house, and he looks displeased when he sees someone standing near the house, peering at it and seemingly trying to work out if the Flanders(es?) are gone for good.

"Didn't I tell you? We're gone, we don't live here anymore and you should stop coming here," he grumbles as he gets off the bike.
At that moment, however, the side wall of the house crumbles open revealing a boarded-up door, which Ned's forces his way through with some effort. After a brief struggle he manages to pop his head out through the bottom couple of boards, looking ever-cheerfully up at the visitor and saying "Hi-diddly-ho, neighbourino!"
Rod just facepalms.

After that Rod and Tod began wearing increasing amounts of black clothing in order to be less uncool, with their father busting out the sewing machine in order to help them, but nothing worked. No-one would leave them alone and eventually they stopped leaving the house.

Flanders becomes increasingly depressed at his sons' unhappiness. At one point, both brothers clad in these weird fully-black, onesie-like outfits (one of which even covered the face like a ski mask), one brother asked, "Daddy, Rod was born white. How can we wear more black?"
Flanders, who is acting quite unstable at this point, suggests spraying their insides with black spraypaint. And then demonstrates by spraying a bunch of it in his mouth. His sons are less than impressed. Later Ned begins dreaming of ending all their troubles in some sort of suicide pact whilst slumped back on the couch. His dream is interrupted by Rod, who asks if  he's been taking "that stuff" again. Ned looks guiltily to a medicine bottle on the couch next to him. It's marked 'Adderall'. 

Ned spent pretty much the rest of the dream dosed up on adderall, which, possibly due to me being ignorant of its effects, mellowed him out and made everything reallly sllllllooowwww. Also he was tripping balls. At one point he had Rod driving the car somewhere because he was too fucked up, just slumped back in the passenger seat staring at the strange sights and shifting colours ahead. His sons worried about him as his condition and mental health deteriorated. I've forgotten the end of the dream, but I don't think it was a happy one.

Tl;dr: Ned Flanders and sons move to new place, are ostracized by community due to weirdness, sons become sad and reclusive after their varied attempts to fit in fail, which makes Ned full-on depressed. He begins abusing subscription drugs and tripping out all the time.

...That got dark fast. :o I don't even remember the earlier parts of the dream, before the Flanders showed up.
All I remember was much, much earlier (I think it was entirely a separate dream) where I was sitting on a verandah in some sort of outback setting and saw a possum climb down from the roof of a building opposite me.
The people I was with commented on it lazily, watching it. Then it was hanging off the side of the building for a moment, and I realized what a strange-looking possum it was. I joked, "It looks almost like a cat from this angle," and then it looked up towards us and we saw it had the face of a (very scruffy, messed up-looking) cat. This weirded us out quite a bit, we'd never seen such a strange looking possum. Then it meowed.

This was the last straw, we realized it was some sort of mutant possum-cat hybrid and we freaked out.
I was scrambling to get the poor, wretched-looking thing a drink of milk when I woke up. And then went back to sleep and had the dream that ended with Flanders.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: June 06, 2015, 07:26:15 am »

I had this bizarre dream last night where there was some imaginary video game I was playing.

This game had an artstyle that looked like something you'd find on an 8th-gen gaming console and early-2000s RuneScape at the same time. Like, some of the buildings and things had textures bad enough to make a roguelike addict shudder, but my character had this boomerang-shaped sword-thing with incredibly realistic lighting effects on it. The thing was also fantasy anachronism stew incarnate. For example, my character had a blazer, dress pants, and a cravat, but also had a shield made of crystal and aforementioned boomerangsword. There were, additionally, knights and wizards eating in modern-day restaurants, and there was a police force that also had the boomerangswords and modern semi-automatic handguns. At the same time.

The plot of the game involved something like the main character meeting an alchemist or a witch or something, who appeared to be about ten years old. She then had you go rob peoples' houses for some unclear reason. There was also going to restaurants for more unclear reasons, and there was a detective in a white coat with sunglasses trying (unsuccessfully) to catch the main character.

I would totally play this if it existed, might I add.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: June 06, 2015, 12:08:17 pm »

Last night I dreamed that I was in a school trip to a fair. At some point a random demon appeared and decided that I was his friend, and then I had to explain him how pretty much everything worked because he had no clue on how things worked here. The weirdest part of that dream was when I thought that I hoped it wasn't a dream and I could find out if it was one if I suddenly became unable to stand up (something that happen frequently in my dreams). One second later I was on the ground unable to stand up, which made me a bit pissed off that it wasn't real, but at the same time I didn't really realize that it was a dream.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: June 07, 2015, 09:57:50 am »

Guh, had a bad dream last night. I came home and found all my stuff was gone, and one of my roommates told me he had kicked me out. He had moved all my stuff out onto the curb (and for some reason I didn't notice it on the way in, but I remember looking outside after this and seeing it there). I was so pissed I tried to fight him, but no matter how hard I swung my punches were ignorably weak when they connected. Also we were living in my parents' house instead of our apartment for some reason. I think I woke up before this got any resolution, but I was feeling pretty anxious and betrayed so I'm glad it didn't go on for longer.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:59:43 am by penguinofhonor »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: June 08, 2015, 05:01:12 pm »

Had a weird-ass dream early this morning. Was having dinner with my SO out somewhere (big open dining room with large windows) and suddenly there was this large snake-remora thing stuck to the window with its round suckermouth. Then another. Then another. Then suddenly the ceiling caves way and there are hundreds of these things (of all sizes), with more falling from the sky. Panic ensues and most of the dream is about rounding people into a safe area and going "oh god don't let it eat me/bite me/etc".

Then after a bit we notice that these things aren't interested in people at all, they're just headed for the nearest body of water. Across the planet the same thing happens. I even saw a headline in a tabloid: "Snakes on a Plane-t".

Everyone just seems to forget about them, shrugs and goes back to business as usual. Then some indeterminate amount of time later.....they came back. As sea serpents. Ranging from like large water snake size to "Godzilla who?" kaiju-class monstrosities. That's when I woke up.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: June 09, 2015, 01:33:39 am »

I had an awesome dream last night/this morning, about two rival groups of costumed superheroes/villains.
As usual I don't remember as much of the dream as I would like (it was kind of one of those 'stayed awake being sad at my computer until I passed out' evenings), but even the very premise was amazing.

Both the heroes and villains were incredibly secretive. From what I remember they were very far-flung and rather loose knit groups. The younger members were generally more interested in fighting their foes at any chance they got, whereas the older hands in both groups placed far more value in remaining hidden from everyday folk.

One 'plotline' that I remember was a young boy being initiated into the family secret- both of his parents were members of the superhero organization. I think he had lived with them for all/some of his life, but they had kept as much of the details of their organization secret from him actually no, I think he had been well aware of the 'guild', he just wasn't allowed to hear any sensitive information and they did their best to keep him out of danger.
Either way, this night he was trusted more fully, having spent years in early training.
Now he had a costume of his own, basic fighting skills and knowledge, a secret identity and what-not.
Now the guild would take a more hands-off approach to his training, keeping a distant eye on him whilst he honed his abilities and fought opponents that they considered a match for his skill level. The first such opponent was a member of the villains guild, also young and recently-initiated. As a twist, he was also the son of a villain the main guy's parents had killed (probably unintentionally, you know how these good guys are- but I can't say for sure) in a fierce battle some time in the past.

So our protagonist decided not to waste any time. He knew where his unwitting opponent was: at a dingy nightclub.
He also understood the need to be at least somewhat subtle, so as much as he wanted to show off his new costume, he dressed in mundane, if somewhat dramatic, clothes. Very light, loose-fit black jeans, sneakers of some kind, a thin black jacket and a black t-shirt with the logo of his father's super identity printed on the front.

Some time later he arrived at the club, looked around, and then made a beeline for the bar.
His target was seated there, so he leaned on the bar next to him and immediately began taunting him, because why not?
Can't remember the details of the conversation but he was quite aggressively poking fun at the guy without immediately giving away his identity/purpose. The guy- around the same age as himself- began to get annoyed, but kept his temper due to not wanting to bring attention to himself and, by extension, the villains guild.

Finally the main character grew bored of this and said, "I'm trying to pick a fight with you, can't you take a hint?"
The other guy looked at him somewhat suspiciously and demanded to know who he was. In response he pulled open his jacket, revealing his father's logo- a stylized red mask- and said, "Someone you used to know."
This got the desired reaction. He jumped back and prepared to defend himself as the guy sprang away from the bar, and then they fought for a while in the nightclub, neither really being tellingly defeated as far as I can remember.
I don't believe the superpowers of either combatant were particularly powerful or combat-oriented.
I believe both of them did have some form of special ability, though.

After that fight I don't remember much of anything for a while, until the dream ended with a clash between two higher-up members of the two societies. I don't remember much of that, either, except that it culminated at a dramatic mansion sometime late at night with the villain coming out on top and fleeing the scene, but there was at least one normal human witness left alive. The villain belatedly realised this (I believe there were cop cars approaching with lights and sirens) and set up on a hill above the house with a sniper rifle, but he was too late to take them out before the cops arrived.

This was a terrible thing for both sides of the conflict. Neither of them wanted information about them getting out, not even the half-dead hero who was dying in their mansion. A large group of high-ranking members from both societies wound up converging on the place, encircling the small band of cops (who were ecstatic to finally be getting some concrete info on these superpowered nutjobs) and trying to decide how to handle the situation.
Most of the villains would have simply killed the cops and any witnesses and been done with it.
The heroes couldn't very well do that and still be 'good guys, but some of them said it was preferable to having their secrets get out. Weapons were drawn. Tensions were rising. Members of both sides attempted to talk their way to a solution. It seemed violence was inevitable, only I didn't know just who would end up fighting who.

...And then I woke up. ::)
Tl;Dr: Costumed societies of superheroes and supervillains wage a secretive war all around the world.
The only thing more important than defeating their opponents and foiling their plans? Keeping it all a secret from mundane society. In this dream we see a young, inexperienced hero, born into the society, honing his skills in battle against an equally-young member of the villains, and later a confrontation between higher-ranked, more experienced members of each group, torn between killing their enemies and keeping their deeds a secret from the police.
Booze is Life for Yoink

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: June 09, 2015, 09:45:23 am »

that tl;dr was too long so i didn't read it
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: June 09, 2015, 10:14:10 am »

Very meta dream: I was watching some security tapes and flicked back through to an older tape, and instead of a recording of the place I was watching, it was a recording of the dream I'd had on that (real-life) day. Which makes sense -- the place I was "watching" didn't exist until this dream. Its space was taken up by other dreams!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: June 09, 2015, 11:31:39 am »

that tl;dr was too long so i didn't read it
...Yeah it kinda was. :-\
I ramble a lot when I've just crawled out of bed and am trying to record my awesome dream before I forget it completely.
It's probably better to write them down in a book at that point, and only try to share them once I'm more awake.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: June 09, 2015, 05:27:48 pm »

I have been plagued by dreams of missing/failing classes or assignments I'm not signed up for the last few nights. I've woken up panicking more than once about that essay I needed to write that's due today, only to realize it was all a dream.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: June 11, 2015, 04:32:29 am »

I dreamed that I outsmarted the Joker.

I was a sleeper agent for some kind of law enforcement group and I found their base. I pretended to join their band, being told to drive back and go blow up our headquarters with a bomb that the Joker assembled in front of me. He's good at making bombs. The sociopathic façade that I was pretending to have slipped a little bit as I got into my car, so they sent someone to follow me. So, I drove to a swanky high class sushi restaurant to lose their tail so I could go let my headquarters know what was up. I found a group of my old friends and sat down with them, when suddenly my tail, who was another person who I had known popped and asked what I was doing here. I said I was there to eat dinner with them as he began to panic and said that we needed to talk in private. I told him I'd give him my number, or that I'd ask for his. He gave me two digits, 72 and stopped.

My last thought before waking up was how terrible that phone number was. I prided myself in tricking The Joker, but I realized soon after I woke up that if I was driving a car with his explosives in it, they were probably going to explode as soon as I got there... Damn you Joker!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: June 11, 2015, 09:05:04 am »

Dreamt that I was being like, blackmailed. Someone kept sending me ransom-style notes letting me know they were watching me, sent as text message pictures of the ransom notes and audio of some dopey 15 year old kid laughing. It wasn't a bad dream so much as frustrating, as I busted my brain trying to think how they were spying on me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 339