Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567279 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2535 on: May 23, 2015, 10:28:54 pm »

Heh. In the dream I did witness some kids unpacking and repacking the balloons so that there was triple the powder in one balloon, and then scattering the triple-balloons across the ground as "water landmines". Stepping on one would activate the wax and a mere moment later it would pop in a glorious shower that got you unless you were running REALLY fast.

Those were my best customers that week.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: May 24, 2015, 08:07:25 pm »

Last night's dream was stranger than usual. It was split in a bunch of semi-related sequences, but there was a few themes that stayed during the whole thing. One of those themes was that I was a massively egoist villain, I was doing all I could to become more powerful, even (and especially) if that meant the death of others. During the first part, I was in a world similar to GTA. I was standing on a plane which was surrounded by other planes. I believe I wanted to get rich in some way, and it involved crashing a lot of these planes on buildings. I don't remember much else from that part.

Later I managed to reach some kind of glitch world, which I believed would allow me to access some reality breaking superpowers. I was somewhat right, because I had learned three abilities, one of which was to cast big fiery explosions, the other being a summon ability which allowed me to summon tons of robots and the last one was some kind of buff. I tested these abilities against someone else who had managed to reach this place, but none of these powers were able to harm him. On the other side, he had an ability which allowed him to throw spoon-like projectiles in rapid succession, and each of them would deal a massive amount of damage. After realizing that I wasn't strong enough yet, I decided to practice chemistry instead. I managed to create two substance. One I think could easily melt most metals, while the other would neutralize the first one. For some reason I wasn't able to find any use for these so instead I kept bluffing by saying that these mixtures were extremely dangerous.

Later again I was in some kind of restaurant/cafe, and it seems I was successful at reaching absurd levels of powers at this point. That power came from some kind of demonic entity which inhabited my body. It wasn't possessing me, instead we were living in some sort of symbiotic relation. It granted me all sorts of powers and I guess in exchange I allowed it to manifest itself on earth. Anyways, there were a bunch of cops trying to arrest me, probably because I had turned into some kind of horrific abomination, some kind of transparent purple jelly shaped like a maggot with multiple tendrils at its base and some kind of creepy mask shaped like the face of a baby as a head. Getting rid of these cops was easy for me, all of them were quickly entangled in my tendrils except for one which I sectioned in two by making a floor tile fly at extreme speed upwards with the help of some kind of pressure thingy I could do to the ground.

Despite the fact that no one could reach me I somehow ended in jail, this time as myself but with one eye red. The warden told me that I would never get out, to which I replied that I would outlive him (I think I was immortal at this point) and convince his successor to free me. I also told him that "the sleeper had awoken"(That was the name of the demon I mentioned earlier). Not sure what it was supposed to mean, but it was meant to be extremely ominous. I also had a brief glimpse of the future where I was about to be released. At this point I was as black as the night and had two malicious red eyes.

The sadistic joy I felt when I caused suffering in this dream was pretty disturbing. Not sure what to think of it.

Edit: To avoid double-posting, I'll put my latest dream in this post:

Last night's dream was surprisingly pleasant compared to the last one. I had received a robot and I wanted to teach it all sort of things. The only problem was that it was more interested in playing than in learning anything. It had the personality of a child, and even had a high pitched voice to add to it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:02:18 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: May 26, 2015, 08:05:14 pm »

I am starting a impromptu dream journal this morning i had 2ish dreams last night

the first one involve the game monster hunter

Spoiler: dream 1/2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dream 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dream 2 (click to show/hide)
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: May 26, 2015, 08:35:09 pm »

Last night I dreamt that I and several other people were trekking through this large, possibly haunted property.
It was all bushland, Australian flora from what I remember, and for the part I remember we were following a small, windy creek.
We had had a small, brown rowboat to begin with, but one guy had gone off on his own and for whatever reason we let him take the boat.

Now the interesting part about this dream (apart from the house in the middle of the property, which in hindsight may have been based off one of my childhood homes, and seemed to be really creepy in the dream) was the dinosaurs. Yeah I'm not really sure how or why, but there were dinosaurs around for some reason. It was basically like Jurassic Park in the Australian outback. I don't remember seeing many dinosaurs, but I'm pretty sure there was an ever-present danger of one finding us.

At one point we disturbed a nasty pool of stagnant water, and I was bitten several times by mosquitoes and was quite worried that I'd caught malaria, which I believe we'd lost someone to earlier. I didn't have time to ponder that, though, because a shout drew my attention, and one of my companions was pointing to something.
It was the boat. But oddly enough it was lying several meters out of the creek and was badly damaged.
I couldn't see any sign of the guy who'd taken it, either, or any signs of him dragging the boat there.

Suddenly there was a great deal of loud noises, and we looked up to see some huge, terrifying rhinoceros-like creature lumbering past a... tennis court? Something like that. It was around this point that the dream stopped making very much sense at all. Perhaps my alarm started going off IRL or something. The 'dinosaur' that was menacing us (and had apparently killed that other guy) stopped charging and stood up on its hind legs, revealing that it was actually surprisingly humanoid.

There were a few other of these weird rhino-things in the distance but this one decided to attack us (or me, specifically) and the dream couldn't seem to decide if it had a rhino head or some weird hybrid of an elephant and a triceratops.
Anyway, it got back on all fours and charged terrifyingly at me, so I thought quickly and jumped into a nearby tree.

It was a fairly low-lying sorta tree, its boughs spread far apart, so I was easily able to hop up into the middle of it and hide behind a trunk/branch. I don't know what sort of tree it was, it looked like a mutant combination of several familiar kinds of tree. Whatever it was, the elephantasauras didn't want to crash headlong into it, so it swerved at the last moment and stood up, turning its head to scowl at me as it jogged to a standstill.

Then it turned around and I got back out of the tree and it charged me again, and as before I hid in the tree.
I don't know what the hell the others were doing, but I'm assuming they got the heck out of dodge and were immensely grateful for my distraction.
And then I woke up.

It was all very confusing, and earlier on there were other plotlines of varying levels of drama.
Unfortunately I barely remember any of it now. I actually went back to sleep and had another, similar dream, of traveling through a large space being hunted by some sort of large creatures, but I don't remember it at all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: May 27, 2015, 04:54:18 am »

There was a pelican outside in huddled up in the snow, and another one holed up in the kitchen sink of my house. I didn't get near either of them and went back upstairs. Upon returning downstairs, sink pelican was being inspected what I can only assume were veterinarians.

It was kind of odd.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: May 27, 2015, 12:32:21 pm »

I had a dream where I had this awesome futuristic shower, it had this handpiece that made some kind of water-laser and it could get you completely clean in like 15 seconds.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: May 28, 2015, 06:44:16 pm »

I had a dream where I had this awesome futuristic shower, it had this handpiece that made some kind of water-laser and it could get you completely clean in like 15 seconds.
Rather than a laser could it have been sonic? Because that's a reasonably common SF thing. Star Trek does it, for one notable example.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: May 29, 2015, 07:42:52 pm »

Nope, beam of wateriness. Dream logic vOv
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: May 30, 2015, 08:16:18 am »

...like a pressure washer?
Or a water cutter?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: May 30, 2015, 02:06:45 pm »

Nope, beam of wateriness. Dream logic vOv
So a more powerful version of this.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: May 31, 2015, 12:54:40 pm »

Last night I dreamed of going grocery shopping with my mother. She was having trouble making up her mind, and kept sending me back to the produce section for something, but eventually we got out of there with a cart full of stuff, including icecream for the family.
Once we were home, I had to help my brother unwrap a couple of large ancient Egyptian statues, you know posed with arms crossed, standing perfectly straight. They were gilded, and wrapped in black and white transparent sheets. We took the gold covering off, and they were made of wood underneath. Somehow we didn't take the sheets off, and after struggling to unwrap them... They turned into a pair of dead horses, one male and one female, just like the statues. Oh, and the platforms they were on was mine and my brothers beds, so now we had to flip the horses off. It wasn't difficult, as they were slimy and half rotten and just kind of slid off.
Afterwards, however, my brother took my matress, walked it down the hill and started dunking it in a puddle of muddy, manure-filled water repeatedly. I told him to knock it off, but he just kept doing it. There was nothing I could do without starting a fight, and I would lose. Fucking pissed at this point. Nobody else but me cared that my bed was being abused, that I would have to sleep in the chair again.
But then the dream decided it was mid winter and something to do with sledding and trying o get a car out of the edge of a frozen pond, and the dogs not listening to me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: June 01, 2015, 09:53:30 am »

Had my most hated dream last night.

Pretty sure it's the same school dream I've been having for years.

In it, I've got my backpack on, it weighs literally a ton of dream weight, from all the books I used to carry around in it. In these dreams I'm always going places related to school, carrying this thing around. In this dream, I was missing an assignment from weeks ago that I couldn't find a copy of. So I was running all over the "school" (it's not always a school) looking for a computer or...something I could use to track down this assignment I was missing. Meanwhile my back feels like it's breaking, my feet drag like they're made of lead, and for some reason, all the bathrooms I encounter are like something out of your worst poop nightmare.

I haven't been in school for like 8 goddamn years. ><
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:34:26 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: June 01, 2015, 04:33:10 pm »

I had a weird dream I cant remember except for trying to advance within an imperial court.

I had a sister, who was like or actually a queen.  Towards the end of the dream she had sexual intercourse with a crab face, and I couldn't tell if seeing a crab and my made-up sister in coitus was hot or repulsive, but thats okay, because I took a 3rd person poop after.  :/
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: June 01, 2015, 07:25:32 pm »

Last night was horrifying. I was waiting for a final exam to start. My art teacher was there, but the exam was on rocket science, quite literally. KSP rocket science. So as I was waiting I was explaining to another student who didn't understand what a gravity turn was how to use less than 50dv of fuel (without using the term "delta-v" because that confused him even more) to make a transit between eve and duna when they entered one-anothers sphere of influence. Their orbits crossed at like a 30 degree inclination at eve's apoapsis and duna's periapsis, and further how this could be exploited to make a single trip touring both systems and getting all the sciences. Playing ksp with all the planets/moons in the wrong places is the tune my dreams dance to, but I digrss.

After failing to help him with that, someone brought up that part of our final grade was a "research project" where we were supposed to... Identify terminology of vessels and astronomy, and then provide 12 quotes relevant to each of those items. And then present it to the class. I didn't have the quotes part done, so I panicked and started frantically writing down a few. Then when the first presentation started, I blacked out. When I came to, everyone was done, and it was time to unload my locker and go home for the summer. Except my parents were there to chastise me for doing horribly in the class and having a messy locker and shit.

And then I got lost trying to drive off campus or some shit. That part gets a little fuzzy...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:27:19 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: June 01, 2015, 08:26:49 pm »

Last few nights I had some interesting dreams, mostly related to video games. In the most recent one I was in some kind of old zelda game (with majora's mask level of graphics. The old one, not the remake). Anyways, I had to complete some kind of underground dungeon, which seemed to only be a hole leading to the boss room. The boss was some kind of huge red fire pig man thingy, which had to be defeated by shielding his charges to knock him over, light him on fire with a huge lantern and whacking him with a sword from behind. There was also another guy similar to the boss behind a cage. I think I was supposed to kill it after, but he seemed to spontaneously combust and die each time I started the fight. I was savescuming each time because I thought that it was a bug of some kind, but I couldn't seem to do anything to prevent it from happening.

I seem to have forgotten the other video game dream while I was writing the first one. I'll post it later if I remember it.

The other dream I had involved a whole lot of space travel, but mostly rocket launches. I was part of a space agency of some kind in the future and we were planning a very important mission to mars. I think we were supposed to move the entire human species there because earth was no longer habitable or something. Anyways, We launched a lot of rockets, some of which I boarded while being at the space center at the same time, and all this activity seemed to have brought the attention of an alien species. They were physically identical to us but seemed to be made of bluish white light, probably the result of some kind of brain uploading they did before. They shared to us the tech to become like them and we quickly started using it on ourselves. At this point there was a lot of pressure going on about taking too much time. I believe the world was just about to become uninhabitable, something that shouldn't have been a problem now that we were all energy beings at this point. At some point we sent a probe to some kind of desert planet and found life. It was some kind of black levitating thing vaguely shaped like a giant calamari without tentacle or eyes. I decided to cut one in horizontal layers with the probe to analyze it's internal structure. Another of these thing was nearby and "watching". I'm not sure how I knew that since it didn't have any eyes. At this moment I felt an immense fear of the supposedly dead thing, whose layers were slowly distancing themselves from each other while still levitating, revealing a hollow body. I also felt a large amount of paranoia and guilt afterwards, I'm not sure why I felt that. Maybe it was some kind of natural deterrent for predators? I remember seeing images of me being rejected and hunted down by everyone else, probably another effect of that thing. That was the first dream since my early childhood in which I've been genuinely scared.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 339