Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567310 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2520 on: May 12, 2015, 05:37:51 pm »

A weird/unpleasant one.

Family and I were on a roadtrip, passing through Utah. We all were out of the car, going to a store or something, and had to leave the dogs behind. When we got back, they were dead. Then for some reason they reanimated. So for several miles, we were just going along through Utah, trying to make sure the dogs sat under the AC so they wouldn't decompose. I wanted to text friends for support about the situation. Then for some reason the smaller one (though they're both pretty big) started getting all mean, tearing up my brother's arm, and that made the big one get all defensive, and I tried to intervene but my hand got fucked up, and then it turned out they'd become contagious in some way, and I woke myself up before it could all go to hell. Had trouble getting back to sleep for the rest of the night.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: May 13, 2015, 07:27:53 am »

I had a really weird dream in which I was in a dating sim and the only date options were round windows, like those on a ship. The worse part is that they weren't even dating: They were only interested in arguing with each other. Really the weirdest dream I ever had.

Tactile Sleep Start, with association towards medical personnel.
Did it work?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: May 13, 2015, 10:00:38 am »

I don't think I've ever had a religious dream before last night, and I think I'm grateful for that after this one. I dreamed I was on a road trip with some English guy I've never met in real life. We were driving down a dirt road through farm country, late enough in the day that the sun was only just showing over the top of the farmers' woodlots. We drove for a very short time before we had to stop for gas, at a little station at the intersection of our dirt road with another. My friend pumped gas while I went in to get us some snacks. I got us $10 worth of soda, chips, and Starbucks Frappuccinos, and paid with a $20. The clerk, a bored looking teenage girl, gave me $20 in change by mistake. I said nothing, but asked her if the station had a bathroom. She pointed me in the right direction.

So I walked into the bathroom, which was off to the side of a room they were using to store stock, but when I went through the door I only ended up on a different side of the stockroom. There was no door behind me, but I could still see my foot holding the bathroom door open, and feel the weight on it. At about the same time I saw my friend talking to the clerk (who was very excited to be meeting a foreigner) and I tried to call out to them. They didn't hear me. I tried to rush out to them, but I simply couldn't bring myself to step through the empty doorjamb. Everything went black.

I found myself in the passenger seat of the car we'd been driving. In the driver seat was a horribly burned person with bulging, all-white eyes. It didn't actually do anything besides look terrifying; it only spoke to me in a voice that was gravelly and rasping -objectively horrible- yet oddly compelling, even beautiful. This unnerved me almost as much as its appearance.

It told me about how I'd heard all about the fires of hell and eternal damnation, but it never sunk in and rarely did with my kind. Not that it was complaining. It laughed at its own joke, and even though objectively it wasn't remotely funny it took significant willpower not to join it. I could feel that something very bad would happen if I did. It told me that since I hadn't got the message before it was going to try something a bit more direct. On the path I'm going, the two of us would be seeing "a lot more of each other" and it didn't want to look at my disgusting face any more than I wanted to be around its. My life is on the knife edge, it said, and it couldn't comprehend how I could be so short sighted. Everything went black again, and I appeared back in the stockroom. My friend asked me if I was good to go, I said yes, and the dream road trip went as normal from there on out, though I don't remember much of that.

Edit: jeez, I always throw up a wall of text when I post in this thread, don't I?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: May 13, 2015, 10:29:34 am »

What's with horrific road trip dreams lately?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: May 13, 2015, 12:55:53 pm »

Or with the heavily religious symbolism... you sons-of-abraham, atheist, etc?
One wheel short of a wagon

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: May 13, 2015, 04:50:15 pm »

I had a dream that I was a woman with the power of thermokinesis and I could fly around using my rocket boots, I was working with someone to catch some people for some assuredly nefarious purpose. Never did catch them woke up too soon. I also was fairly well known due to various reasons, one that I seen was destruction of property. Amusing dream. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: May 14, 2015, 02:58:39 pm »

I don't know why I keep getting worked up about my dream, but this shit happen so often that I'm starting to wonder if dream-me is just so desperate that they don't realize it's a dream when the motif of me snuggling up to a dream-boyfriend and getting a cold reception crops up. Like, seriously, I would be pissed the fuck off if it happens in real life and yet in my dream I act like it's totally okay for him to ignore me. If he was that way we won't even be dating. Fuck off, dream.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: May 17, 2015, 12:03:18 pm »

Last night was fun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: May 17, 2015, 01:29:22 pm »

I had a zombie apocalypse dream two days ago. I had some kind of magic powers, which allowed me to do some weak spells like magic missiles, weak lasers and some kind of super jump and fall damage protection. Anyways, I found a group of survivors after abusing my jump power to navigate a mess of broken highways and bridges in the middle of what appeared to be a somewhat poor section of the city. They gladly took me as one of their own, but didn't seem to find my magical powers strange or unusual. We moved with our vehicles, which included maybe one or two cheap cars and some kind of bus/rv in which most of us slept. I had no problem killing anything that I could see in time, but I was particularly vulnerable to sneak attacks and ambush, which seemed to be the zombie's favorite approach. I remember one of these ambush happened when we were sleeping in some vacant spot in which we had made fires in trash cans for better visibility. For some reason the only people here were me and some woman, the others were probably in some kind of raiding mission. The zombies (there were probably two or three) were all chasing the woman, while I was shooting them with extremely weak white lasers (I don't know why I was using the lasers when my magic missiles could kill them in about a single hit). I couldn't kill them quick enough, and she was bitten. I know something happened after that, but I don't remember any of it.

I also had two other dreams last night, the first one was set in a forested area full of rivers and lakes right next to an ocean (there was no beach, the forest directly cut to the ocean). I was seeing things from the perspective of a group of people camping on a hill right next to the forest. There was something about forest fires happening every nights there, which scared everyone, but particularly the children because someone told them a spooky story about them. A little girl in particular was extremely scared, and was determined to find the source of these fires, so she went on an expedition at night with another child, maybe her older brother or a friend. She was very scared to die, to the point that she was persuaded that she wouldn't survive the night, while the other guy didn't seem to care. They did see a fire, but never found anything. When the morning arrived, the were on a gravel road and met with the owner of a rv who was parked next to a lake. For some reason I suddenly became myself and the other guy became an adult, while the rv owner went for a swim. After that I became some kind of dark thing with red eyes, taller than a human, but I wasn't hostile. Rather, I was some kind of nature spirit/being, bound to this place and also immortal. At this point, the dream was set a long time in the past, before the colonization of the continent. Some other being, looking similar to me but smaller and with a slightly brighter skin color arrived in wooden ships from the ocean. They wanted to colonize the area. I used this opportunity to become their eternal ruler, all I needed was for a small section of the forest and a lake to be spared.

The other dream involved some kind of space mission. At some point a small part of the spaceship crew was stranded outside in a smaller ship for years. I was the leader of this ship, and had to make sure we had enough  fuel and resources to survive. I don't remember much from this dream, other than we eventually found the main ship and arrived while it was invaded by giant bees. I easily killed them all and announced the leader of the ship that we had returned. After this I secretly became a robot. They weren't happy when they learned, but it was too late for them to do anything.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: May 18, 2015, 10:57:07 am »

I was with my girlfriend, travelling north through an icy wasteland. We stopped in a small wooden cabin, where she found a bug. It was like a cross between a grub and cockroach, but giant and disgusting.
She was like "You have to eat this bug."
I was like "No that looks disgusting."
She was like "But you have to eat it if we want to keep going."
I was like "Okay fine."
So I bit off half of the giant grub thing and chewed and swallowed it. Then I popped the other half, which was still wiggling, into my mouth and ate it too.
Then we left the cabin and kept travelling north.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: May 23, 2015, 09:45:44 am »

Had two incidents of sleep paralysis last night.

The first time, I woke up, unable to move except for rapid blinking. Extremely rapid blinking.  And I had the feeling there was someone else in the room, watching me. And I thought I saw a tall dark figure, although in retrospect I think this was just me seeing the silhouette of my chair. Still freaked me out badly. Lasted a few seconds, then snapped out of it. This was at 1 in the morning.

Then I go back to sleep. Wake up again 2 hours later. This time I had rolled over on my belly so my face was in the pillow and I couldn't see. Couldn't move. Start panicking. think maybe there's someone in the room again. Then I hear snarling of some monster. Literally loud bestial snarls, coming closer and closer to me. I panic even more and try to scream or whimper but I can't move. Lasts a few seconds again, then I snap out of it and can move, so I roll out of bed, snap my lamp light on, and look up quickly to see what was snarling at me. Time is 3:45. This creeped me out a bit, it was only 12 minutes past 3:33 AM, which is supposed to be the time when spirits and demons and stuff are most active.

At this point I realize I probably forgot to take my anti-depressant med before going to sleep, so I pop the pill and go back to sleep. No weird dreams or sleep paralysis. Didn't get eaten.

So, remember kids, always take your drugs.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: May 23, 2015, 02:46:37 pm »

Good moral. I'll try to remember it (I have a 'take in the morning' anti-depressant, though).

My dream last night....
I dreamed of two substances, both solid powders, which the molecules composing them contained a lot of H2O (water) held in place within their structure. As both were solids, they failed to react with each other, so were safe to mix. But adding more water than was trapped within them (even a single droplet) caused them to dissolve and react; the products of the reaction were sugar, carbon-dioxide, and LOTS of water (which perpetuated the reaction as long as there were more reactants); and it was endothermic, meaning it cooled down the water. The result was that adding a drop of water to a tablespoon of this mix of powders is a full cup of cold sparkling water.

Once I realized this, I went to work mass-producing it. Also producing low-sugar flavored syrups in squirt-bottles. By adding a squirt of syrup to a cup with powdered drink base, I could make soft-drinks and sell them for cheap. And since I had decided on the concentration of flavor in each syrup, I had made it so that it was two squirts of syrup for one cup, allowing customers to pick up to two flavors out of my 30-flavor collection (out of which four had caffeine in the syrups; I made sure to make note of that on the sign).

I also sold another product. It was a water-balloon, packed with about a table-spoon and a half of the powder and a single wax bead with a drop of water inside it. The balloons were tied shut and advertised as self-filling water balloons. All one had to do was squeeze it to break open the wax bead and the balloon would fill up with (sparkling) water. No need to run to a hose or designated fill station in a water-fight anymore.

So of course my stall was super popular at summer camps. To the point that after only 4 months I had made enough money off of this business to retire for life. And had several companies offering me big bucks for rights to the patent for the powdered base.

Damn I wish I was that filthy rich in real life.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: May 23, 2015, 04:24:32 pm »

Aha! You made money from the WATER OF CRYSTALLISATION, if I understood it correctly! :D

Sorry, exam season. Hope it doesn't get into my dreams...
One wheel short of a wagon

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: May 23, 2015, 04:53:14 pm »

Yeah, something like that. I think the compound the water was in was an organic chemical, for the byproducts to be possible, but it looked something like
Xa•6H2OS + Xb•4H2OS + 2H2OL + energy --> nCO2G + 2C6H12O6S + 18H2OL + slightly less energy
Where Xa, Xb, and n are unknowns.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: May 23, 2015, 09:56:25 pm »

I would totally buy that if I could.

Although, I think overfilling one of those water balloons and including iron shavings would make for a nice hand grenade. Well... A hand grenade would be fun at least.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 339