Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567244 times)

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2565 on: June 11, 2015, 11:41:00 am »

I had a dream, where I wrestle my very good friend. After some wrestling I accidentally hurt him badly and I even worried that he is going to die.

It was very short, and by the end of the dream he starts recovering, but it was very intense.

In real life, we two friendly wrestled and funny thing is he is hundred times stronger than me, he is winner of many sports and can probably kill me with one punch...

Anyway it was confusing and it scared me a little bit.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: June 11, 2015, 02:08:17 pm »

I dreamed that I was leading a space agency, Kerbal Space Program style. I was in control of a solar array car thingy on mars which was going to be used as the main power source for a permanent colony. Suddenly, two vehicles landed nearby and I received a communication from them. They were aliens from a planet that was located roughly where the asteroid belt should've been. The planet looked like a blue gas giant, but it had a rocky core submerged under a massive ocean, with a few continent sized icebergs of the dark side and a few weird ice island formations shaped like a ring with a massively high ice mountain in the middle. They lived somewhere at the bottom of the ocean on the dark side, where the temperature was the absolute lowest temperature possible (0k), even though there was liquid water everywhere. These aliens were also significantly more advanced than us, having replaced their previous bodies for robotic ones, which required an extremely low temperature to survive and so, whenever they left their homeland they needed special suits that would keep them cold. They were extremely arrogant and seemed to dislike us. They also wanted to settle on mars, on the dark side where my solar array was set up (every planet in my dream seemed to be tidally locked, and also there seemed to be nothing wrong with setting solar panels on the dark side). They wanted the entire half of the planet for themselves and started firing lasers at me until I moved my vehicle on the bright side. I also remember hearing them laugh at the size of our mountains.

Later during the same night, I had another dream in which I was helping a old lady carry a heavy rug she had won in some sort of lottery at a general store. When I finally finished my job, she rewarded me by sending me back in time, in an era where there was no corruption and scientists were seen as heroes (It looked like it was vaguely based on the cold war era, with the scientists having a good reputation from the NASA). These scientists had been waiting for someone to come from the future to tell them if global warming would be solved by the human species without having to alter the timeline. I told them that corruption made any change impossible, and so they sent me far into the future to find technology that could help us solve the problem. I was immediately greeted by intelligent robots that were apparently waiting for me. They gave me the instructions needed to replicate pretty much everything that was invented in this timeline. One thing I noticed is that we were in some kind of abandoned city, which was filled with dust. Everything was also in sepia except the robots, me and their technology. After that I went back to the present to change the world with the help of this new technology. I don't remember anything else after that.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: June 11, 2015, 03:34:10 pm »

I dreamed I got a puppy that followed me around in school. His name is Atticus. :3
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: June 11, 2015, 03:35:52 pm »

Like Atticus the Storyteller :)?

You guys read that?
One wheel short of a wagon

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: June 11, 2015, 03:39:31 pm »

I think I was thinking of Atticus Finch when I named him. He doesn't act like a lawyer though, unless wandering off and pooping everywhere is what lawyers do.

E: apparently there's a book named Following Atticus about a dog named Atticus. The author's Atticus looks nothing like my Atticus though.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:41:39 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: June 11, 2015, 03:41:10 pm »

I was thinking more Atticus Finch.

Dang it, Objective! I was supposed to be the one interpreting your dreams! :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: June 13, 2015, 11:58:18 am »

I prided myself in tricking The Joker, but I realized soon after I woke up that if I was driving a car with his explosives in it, they were probably going to explode as soon as I got there... Damn you Joker!

And that would have been hilarious.

Winner: The Joker.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: June 14, 2015, 09:16:36 pm »

I had an incredibly bizarre dream last night about playing Ace Attorney. Except it wasn't Ace Attorney, because it was Metroid, but instead of Samus there was Phoenix.  The final boss was the judge, who was around eighteen feet tall, morbidly obese, and summoned little bailiff mooks to fight you.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: June 15, 2015, 05:00:25 am »

I had some weird ass dream and for some reason i did not forget it

so the sun went out for unexplained reasons and was replaced buy a giant banana (during the dream the banana changed states from peeled to unpeeled to half peeled between scenes at random),normally this is where everybody dies, but for some reason i was the new sun. and in my dream this was a casual occurrence. i then walked to my house, which i wasn't in anymore for no reason, and just walked up the wall as if it was meant to be like that. then i randomly turned around and urinated on the sky turning the clouds yellow, then it rained piss (it was really pissing down). i then walked into the wall and sat down to read a book the book then ripped me in half and told me to fuck off. At this point i was angry so i burned the book and then joined the army. then i looked up at the sky to see myself eating the banana sun. at this point i jumped at the banana and then absorbed the universe through the sun. then i opened my eyes and i was awake...
except i wasn't and then the sun walked into my room and told me that i was a strange bastard and that i should wake up. i then opened my toast and played angry birds on it and there was this beeping drone. i then woke up and the beep was my alarm.

Tl;Dr
I'm fucked up
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: June 15, 2015, 07:35:51 am »

Had a bizarre dream in which I was a ghost haunting an abadoned school in which five or so abandoned children apparently lived in. I remember finding each of them alone in certain rooms and scaring the hell out of them, with two of them fainting from how much I scared them. It wasn't fun doing this, but something compelled me to do it. Whats strange is that the whole town seemed deserted as disheveled as well, as in some kind of post apoc setting. I never found a mirror so I never found out how I looked like or how exactly I was scaring these children so much, since basically the only thing I did was keep approaching them and following them around.

Brain pls.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: June 16, 2015, 03:46:23 pm »

Me and by fictional twin brother and dad (he definitely isn't my real dad) flew a small spaceship to a planet. Its name is unpronounceable so I dubbed it 'Citra'. The inhabitants of the planet are humanoid but I recall them being distinctly nonhuman in appearance, with a tinged skin depending on caste and an elongated, fish-like body. The land-citrans have a yellowish shade to their skin, not like an asian, more like someone with a severe case of jaundice and slightly reptilian-looking. The underwater-citrans are pretty much like Lovecraft's fish-men, except less human and less ugly.

The two castes are at war with each other, since the land-citrans refuse to be subservient to Empress Citra, the monarch of the planet's oceans. Humans naturally allied with the land-citrans because we can't breath water and the land-citrans are democratic or something.

For some reason my dad randomly beamed me and my twin down onto a swamp without warning and flew away to explore like a dick he is. At first we were fascinated by the unique alien wildlife and the fact we can breath Citra's air, but we ended up getting ill and our dad never showed up for weeks until we found him in a nearby village. He cheerfully greeted us and acted like he didn't attempt to murder us. Apparently while we were gone he ran some spying jobs for the Empress and got two slaves to help around in the ship. I was appalled. The slaves don't move around. They look like extremely emaciated humans. Hell, they're probably humans. They just sit still in their chairs while their arms extend indefinitely like some freaky tendrils to do things. They also apparently have telekinesis.

From the fact that I haven't seen any female citrans and the Empress is the only female citran I have heard of, I assume the underwater ones reproduce like ants. I have no idea how the land citrans reproduce. Homosexually, probably.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:50:41 pm by Cinder »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: June 17, 2015, 01:37:12 am »

Would technically be referred to as hermaphroditic. Hermaphroditism occurs in some fish species like parrot fish which go through male and female stages at different parts of their life cycle, say born female and transition to male later in life. Simultaneous hermaphroditism though is where an individual possesses reproductive structures for both male and female. Like earthworms and snails. Or hamlets.

Could also be asexual. Tons of different forms of asexual reproduction.

Could also be totally alien. You'd think 3 billion years of fucking would give life on earth a pretty good encyclopedia for every worthwhile reproductive strategy, but nothing says that book is all-inclusive.

Fun fact; my phones autocorrect thinks "hermaphroditic" should be "her map horrific." :P
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:00:30 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: June 17, 2015, 04:34:45 am »

Had the first thing akin to a nightmare for the first time in a long time last night.

It started as a normal, 'feeling of no control driving dream'. Basically, the dream goes like this. I'm driving down the road, but I have a distinct feeling that I really should not be on the road. I'm tired and usually driving at fairly low speeds to compensate, or I'm in the back seat and the car is driving itself. Overall, I feel a great deal of anxiety, but I don't actually suffer any real mental trauma.

Last night on the other hand was this dream kicked into overdrive. I was in the driver's seat and the dream starts off as normal. All at once however, my eyes close and I put my foot down onto the gas. I start speeding up and my vision goes black as if I'm losing consciousness. My mind realizes what is happening and starts screaming at itself to wake up before I run into something. I attempt to scream, but sleep paralysis is a thing and the only thing that happens is that my body tenses up and chokes it out before it can be uttered. This lasts for about ten seconds until I actually wake up. I wasn't in a cold sweat or anything like that, but I was still distinctly bothered by the sensation.

This is probably the second time my dreams have reflected reality, though this round is a bit more cryptic. I just hope I don't have that dream again.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2578 on: June 17, 2015, 05:29:42 am »

I had a really short, weird dream. It was purely textual in format.

"Humanity is divided into two factions.
The allelists, who believe that there is no such thing as an allele.
The re-allele-ityists, who believe that since there is such a thing as an allele there must be such a thing as an allele.

Even the normally bivalent metal scene has divided on this point."

Yeah.

Also a really trippy one wherein after running around the streets brandishing a sharpened ruler I went spelunking with some of my friends. One of them decided to push a rock the size of my torso down a cliff, and tried to jump off it himself when I stopped him. I caught him, but he still broke both his legs. It then cut to an Earthbound/Pokémon style walkaround thing wherein it was revealed that he was crippled for the rest of his life and needed crutches. That was mildly horrifying.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:43:09 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: June 17, 2015, 12:28:29 pm »

Last night I had a dream about trying to paint the interior of a house. Think it was a basement/half-sunken floor, supposed to paint everything white (might have been a primer coat)

This one hallway/room was giving me shit, because the walls were coated in water or something. Trying to roll on the paint, it couldn't adhere to the surface because it couldn't mix through the water coating. It was separating out similar to sour cream that's been left out; chunks of paint stuck among a thin, milky-yellow fluid.

edit; ok, last night was a fun one.

In it, I was playing some version of what must have been Dragon's Dogma, wandering through a bleak, cold hilly area inundated with water. Me and the pawns encountered an... ogre I think it was, from the speed, and before we could kill it it ran off to a nearby cave/overhang and started attacking some poor woman. The ogre finished her off before we could kill it, but then as soon as it was dead, a seven story tall werewolf or some bullshit jumped down off a cliff nearby, and started attacking us. At that point, i woke up to being licked senseless by the dogs, who all wanted to be let out. Note: exposure to puppy may induce dreams about being eaten by werewolves.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:57:22 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 339