Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567414 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2460 on: April 14, 2015, 11:27:52 am »

I've been having very vivid dreams for a while now for god knows what reason, which is weird because I'm quite shitty at sleeping. I usualy wake up at least once during the night, sometimes for no apparent reason even.

Also, I've got an habit of watching youtube videos like letsplays and other things right before sleeping, sometimes even sleeping while the video is still playing and with the laptop on. I imagine the sounds comming from the laptop as I sleep likely stimulates more vivid dreams.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2461 on: April 15, 2015, 04:29:27 am »

This one was rather odd; a giant, GIANT man walked into a cafeteria where I was, alongside two of my friends. David Cameron was getting some coffee when the giant started throwing roses at him, violently, with thorns in full splendour. And the thorns were covered in plague, because there was a plague going on. Cue the security detail going ultraviolent, trying to seize everyone who could have been a part of this; I leg it out of a fire exit and take a right, where the only way out is up or back where the plague rats and police are. I begin climbing with some hardkor parkaw, only it's not fantastical uber altair ninja shit, it's realistic "oh fuck if I can't do three pull ups here I'm going to fall 5 stories to my death." Pull myself into some alcove where there's evidence of a homeless man having been there, rest a bit, call one of my friends who's really confused as to why I ran. After resting, make the final story climb over the side, pulling my legs over after a grueling few minutes, only to find people playing football on the top of a collapsing car park. Concrete and tarmac, bending and flexing this way and that - it seemed to add to their thrill. Walked along the unstable edge to solid ground, with tense moments where the ground tilted under my weight, reached solid ground and legged it.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: April 16, 2015, 02:34:35 pm »

@Loud Whispers: Using roses as a weapon? Interesting...

Anyways I had two interesting dreams last night. In the first one, it was somehow my duty to go save another universe according to a metal face/ancient robot inside a weird spherical pod because I think I used to be a hero of legend a while ago, but I kept delaying this mission because I wanted to take care of a dog I had just adopted. I wanted to teach him everything, because he was apparently able to understand me. The only thing I remember telling him was that all form of advertisement is evil. Not too long before I went to do that quest I was supposed to do, my dog vomited milk in my bowl of cereals. When I went back to the pod, I requested that I could bring my two IRL dogs (at this point it was like my previous dog had never existed), my entire family and some random person I never saw before. I think he was a lizardman. The pod moved outside the universe, and everything was extremely weird. There were massive... things. Kinda like structures, I'm not quite sure how to describe it. Eventually we moved to some kind of city, which acted as a hub between multiple different universes. In it I visited a church that worshiped cheese and considered sausages as the devil. They had a religious ritual which involved pressing a series of keys on a poorly designed piano thing. It's layout was such a pain to use that it took me hours to figure how to position my fingers so I could play the sequence.

In my second dream I was some kind of evil overlord ruling in a tower and I was at war with a good aligned tower nearby. I was making ice golems to fight the opposing army, until one of them felt in my lava moat and became some sort of overpowered hybrid golem. After this, I started secretly making an new army of these golems, which I upgraded further with some sort of lightning power and unleashed them as the enemy was almost at my door. It was a massive success for a while. In the meantime, I improved my golem recipe by adding burnt corpses (not sure how that would make them better, but it did work somehow). At some point I got into trouble because I could not produce enough uniforms for my witches (I assume it was witches, because the uniform looked like witches clothes). I kept affirming that my tower was self-sustaining and that everything would be fine but a woman said I would eventually fail (she said it like it was an ominous prophecy). At some point, two young women appeared out of nowhere and where very confused about the situation. It was at this point that I woke up.

(Sorry for the massive wall of text :v)
Edit: Ok, it's not a wall of text but it's still pretty big.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:14:51 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2463 on: April 16, 2015, 06:36:01 pm »

That's a neat 2 paragraphs, no wall of text m9

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2464 on: April 16, 2015, 10:04:17 pm »

After doing quite the building project, and not realizing how late it was before sleeping, I had a Minecraft dream, which actually rendered the Minecraft version of the environment I was at to it's real-life counterpart. The Sand Castle may have not been complete, but it was awesome. Add to it, I had some fellow dream-people fill the place a bit, and throw a party. It was fun.

I was reminded of What Dreams May Come. I may not have been dead, but I had a good idea of how my Heaven would be. Or at least, my Home Dimension-Heaven. Hell, teleporters are fun, and my shrines looked even more badass. I love when my dreams can up the resolution/detail from the abstract I make in the waking world.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:12:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 17, 2015, 01:34:29 pm »

I had a mustache. Not just any mustache too, a legendary, vogue for a thousand years bushy mustache that extended from my upper lip to cover my mouth. This mustache was massive. Beautiful. Absolutely the pinnacle of facial hair.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 17, 2015, 01:50:01 pm »

I had a mustache. Not just any mustache too, a legendary, vogue for a thousand years bushy mustache that extended from my upper lip to cover my mouth. This mustache was massive. Beautiful. Absolutely the pinnacle of facial hair.

sounds dwarfy af
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: April 17, 2015, 02:00:00 pm »

sounds dwarfy af

*twirls facial protuberance* why thank you.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 18, 2015, 11:17:32 am »

I dreamed that I turned into a giant white spider. I could barely see anything and I kept getting lost when I tried to go outside. There was something about trying to go out to dinner but finding it impossible to get into the car with the folks.

Well, whatever I was eating/doing before I went to sleep last night, I must endeavor not to do it again.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: April 19, 2015, 04:32:00 pm »

Last night I had what amounts to a nightmare, or more a series of nightmares, for me anymore.
First off I was at some villa/small town, trying to catch the evil wizard that was doing something or other. This guy could take any miscellaneous object and turn it into a personal portal to move between that one and another somewhere else. This included playing cards. Not only could we not keep track of this guy because of that, but he could use it to stalk us. He was inescapable and untouchable.
This seemed to segue through unknown means into a dream about being hunted by a bull elk. Seriously. This elk was lurking about, specifically hunting for me. If anyone got in the way, it would run them through on its antlers and continue after me. I tried to run and hide in an elementary school, but the elk can apparently use doors. There were many impaled children involved. I tried jumping off the roof, and it seemed by the time I had started running, this elk was already out then doors and right behind me again. I dont recall if I actually got away from it.
Next thing I remember is some cross between GTA and Garrysmod. We had to stop an alien invasion of a city, and inevitably failed. The aliens took over and enslaved the populace, and hunted me and the other fighters down one by one. I tried hiding under the ocean, which turned the dream into something like minecraft with evil alien submarines and search drones. I only managed to survive a while by hiding inside the rock. There was no escaping the seven star rating if an alien got even a brief glimpse of me. The ride never ends.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 20, 2015, 08:12:22 am »

Weird dream last night.

Some time in the near future an (unsuccessful) assassination attempt on the US president is made by an unwilling duo of criminals, one who's a thief who got caught up and blamed for everything, the other is a mad traitor on the inside. Shenanigans ensue. Including the release of a brain controlling parasite in a quarantine/ bio-weapon test facility in Zimbabwe which can make crocodiles eat raw pieces of wood. And the 3 human "patients zero" of the parasite are convinced that the parasite they've been saved from is a part of them and rather than live on without it they choose to reinfect themselves, then commit suicide so they don't infect anyone else but they still die together with their beloved parasite headmate. Also the patients zero were a family.

Weird-ass dream.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: April 20, 2015, 08:32:47 am »

I remember years ago having a dream, around the end of it I found a giant sea creature frozen in ice, and I mean GIANT HUGE even, anyway I had fallen asleep in the living room, and someone was watching tv, I could hear what was on tv in my dream. It was rather odd.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: April 20, 2015, 12:16:31 pm »

I had a dystopian dream last night :/
Everyone lived on a massive man made structure floating in the ocean. The place was circular and divided in sections, each cut in a bunch of different stripes shaped territories. I lived on the edge near the center and our area had the color green assigned to it, which meant that the place was a grassland. next to us was a blue area, which was permanently flooded. Everyone was supposed to be at war with each other area. At some point I wanted to do peace with the blue side, but one of the overseer of the place told me it was forbidden and that we had to be permanently at war. I was able to meet with someone from their side in secret and create a peace treaty in secret. Our new alliance proceeded to have every other territories in our section join us. It was at this point that I learned that each territory had progressively worse living conditions as they were further away from the center. I remember that the last one was pitch black and that everyone was hanged by meat hooks above an endless void. They had became albinos, blind and feral from this treatment but decided to join us anyways. The territory next to them was a volcanic wasteland filled with seas of lava. We proceeded to declare war against the overseer who lived in the core of the structure and we were joined by the other sectors. I don't know how they were arranged but I expect that they were divided in territories like in my sector. I woke up before I any side had won.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: April 20, 2015, 02:00:28 pm »

That' like the opposite of John Lockes' concept of keeping politicians in conflict with one another to prevent them from forming coherent strategies of rebelling against the people and turning the organization dedicated to the preservation of the state of nature and representation of the interests of the public into a self-interested ruling body. You were basically in a federally-enforced civil war to prevent the people rebelling and working in their own self interest.

I suppose I remember enough of last nights' bullshit to post it.

Dream started off playing dwarf fortress adventure mode, except instead of being the party leader I was one of a dozen or so party meatshields. Strange mixture of navigating in ASCII and first person melee fights as one would see in Mount & Blade. I had an iron spear, but we were fighting in a sewer system/keep's catacombs so the close quarters made me largely useless. After clearing a decent sized room of bandits, we stepped out onto the open field, and continued through a narrow trench. We were joined by the town militia, fighting an invasion of giant four-legged harvestman-like monsters. Enormous 200 foot diameter ones were bursting up from the ground in the distance, thankfully ignoring the puny mortals fighting in the trench against the meager grizzly-bear sized ones, who were tearing us to shreds. I managed to kill maybe one or two in the rear before I realized the rest of the party and allies were all dead. I was overwhelmed and eaten alive.

But I savescummed and tried again. Again, the party was eventually overwhelmed and killed. One more try, and this time we were fighting with modern firearms. The bugs kept coming, could absorb hundreds of rounds, and were supported by a tall, lanky variety wielding plasma rifles that were setting us on fire. Again, it was a complete route.

So next up I was a spy infiltrating the bugs' headquarters, where I learned that they were artificial, human-made. Literally. In order to grow them, captured women would be impregnated with their spawn and kept bound to a bench for a week until they burst out from their gut like chestbursters. And then you'd be sewn back together and go through another pregnancy, and another... Of course these were all prisoners of war/civilian prisoners kept in that one facility. The rest of the compound was divided into specific buildings. Administrative, storage, laboratories, etc... I pickpocketed a keycard from a woman who was trying to use a terminal and came to learn that each keycard gives you access to only one building and the mess hall. So I had to set about collecting key cards to get into other structures, while doing the job I was assigned, which was to haul shit around. Oh, and the keycard I jacked was useless to me because it was associated with a woman. Couldn't even collect rations with hers because it was associated with her face and other information.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:37:08 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: April 20, 2015, 02:27:02 pm »

That' like the opposite of John Lockes' concept of keeping politicians in conflict with one another to prevent them from forming coherent strategies of rebelling against the people and turning the organization dedicated to the preservation of the state of nature and representation of the interests of the public into a self-interested ruling body. You were basically in a federally-enforced civil war to prevent the people rebelling and working in their own self interest.

So basically my subconscious just invented a whole new form of mass control for totalitarian regimes O_0. Now if only I could find solutions to the world's problems that easily instead of inventing ways to make it a worse place to live in.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 339