Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567345 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2475 on: April 20, 2015, 02:38:27 pm »

Probably not a new idea, no.

Fixing things is much harder than breaking them. I prefer breaking them in a constructive manner, or eliminating them completely, such that they can be replaced.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: April 29, 2015, 08:30:09 am »

I dreamed that I was at a Christmas something-or-other. I don't remember much, except that apparently it's Christmas canon that Santa has a pet porcupine.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: April 30, 2015, 07:54:25 am »

I swear I had a dream recently that involved an air-hockey table. And then I walk out of my home this morning and find the next-door neighbor has thrown one out.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: April 30, 2015, 11:54:09 am »

I've had a bunch of bad dreams recently, that's why I haven't posted much here. Last night, however I dreamed of something nicer. Me and some other people were building rooms made out of blue legos in a basement for some reason. I remember it was vaguely related to minecraft.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: April 30, 2015, 03:02:13 pm »

I dreamed that I was researching human genetics and identifying an assload of genes that could lead to certain diseases, but also a rediculous amount of genes that gave slight extrasensory abilities.

Firstly the genes that cause Alzheimers. Apparently there's 32 different locations in the genome they can show up, and there's up to 3 varieties of the gene per position, and most of them are recessive; this means there's 80 different Alzheimers genes. Apparently most people have 5-10 in their genotype, and 1-5 in their phenotype. Having 0, 1, or 2 Alzheimers genes in your pheotype basically means you won't get it. Having 3 or more means you will get it; 10 or more and you're gonna have early onset. And apparently Variants 12b, 16a, and 23c each count as two, Variants 4c and 19b count as three (guaranteeing Alzheimers if they're in your phenotype), and variant 29a counts as two as well, but as one while in the genotype but not the phenotype (unique in that way, since the others all HAVE to be in the phenotype to count). According to my dream and the research I did in the dream.

I also found the "IT Extrasensory Gene", which allows you to sense when something is ABOUT to happen, such as a power-surge or a rise in humidity in the server room, etc, as well as two seperate genes for the "IT Aura", which allows you to fix things by looking at them. Once I started discovering this kind of beneficial gene, I discovered certain markers in the genes that allowed me to locate and research other "borderline paranormal" genes, such as the "Sailor's Gene", which let you predict the weather and wind accurately, the "Gypsy Gene" which let you read a person's emotions and face much more accurately and leads to you seeming like you can read minds and see the future, and since there were 8 positions where that particular gene could show up having 4 or more actually let you predict the person well enough that you could alter their future with their actions and give what seems like "gypsy curses", hence the name of the gene. I also found genes that promoted memory retention, including photographic memory, ability to study both while under pressure and not (which can be trained but come easier when you have these genes), and the "prodigy gene", which was very uncommon but had lots of varieties.

Eventually I found so many extrasensory genes that I wrote a book on them, but the book was the size of a full back-pack. No, not a school back-pack, a hiking backpack, and fuller than that. Fuller. That's it. So I used cheap reprogrammed E-readers to distribute my book to university libraries; since the book took up the entire e-reader, I made it so that you couldn't change the contents and upload more books, but I also managed to make it very easy to go back and forth and stuff. Eventually I used my research to make a "GMO Human", with as many extrasensory and learning oriented genes as possible. Including all the varieties of the Prodigy Gene. All the genes used came from humans, no genes from other animals, but this elite human would be the best. Of course I left most of the visual genes (such as hair, eye, or skin color, or height or gender or stuff) up to random chance based on the parents, but I gave each and every one of them the best chance to be elite that I could.

Of course, I woke up before any of them could actually be born.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: May 01, 2015, 06:11:01 am »

I dreamed that I was playing a horror videogame that is so scary that as the plot develops I find myself wanting to play on but also dreading what I would find, and I ended up wussing out.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: May 01, 2015, 09:26:00 am »

Had another apocalyptic dream. I'm not sure why those keep happening, but they're interesting. This one involved a seemingly unstoppable army Orks or something in the relatively modern age.

...Warhammer? I've never actually played it or looked too far into it.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2482 on: May 01, 2015, 11:38:45 am »

I dreamed that I was playing a horror videogame that is so scary that as the plot develops I find myself wanting to play on but also dreading what I would find, and I ended up wussing out.
That reminds me of an Oculus Rift horror game demo I watched. You're in a game via VR, playing a game on a TV, and as you make progress with the game, the house you're playing in is also affected by it. So the creepier the game gets, the creepier your surroundings get, and eventually, a surprise happens. Definite paranoia fuel for a VR game. If I can find a link to it, I'll post it.

EDIT:
Here we go: https://youtu.be/mYvewljW7Lg
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:46:01 am by Itnetlolor »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: May 02, 2015, 10:59:17 pm »

The other night I dreamed I had gone for a walk in the woods and got kidnapped by elves and taken to the faelands. There was only one elven village left in the entire world. It looked like your average small rural American town along the highway. Everybody used cars to get around, too. So, I was made to live with one particular family. The son was the one I interacted with mostly. He was supposed to keep an eye on me I guess. About 15-16 year old kid, kinda pudgy. While the parents were away I accompanied him to go pick up his sister named Deer. Just Deer. She had spent the night out with some guy, I figured he was her boyfriend or something. I was horribly wrong.

So this guy, he was a werewolf. Last night he'd transformed, and like every other month Deer, who was named Deer because she was a shapeshifter who could transform into a doe at will, would lead him on a merry chase through the woods so he wouldn't eat anybody. This was her sole job for the village, and obviously it was quite a dangerous one. When we arrived at a house on the edge of town Deer and he were wrapped in blankets and got in the car. We took the werewolf home, he didn't say anything that I recall, and Deer rode home with me and her brother.

I remember Deer was actually very sweet, we talked a lot (her brother liked to hide in his room, kinda like me I guess.) But other than that, I really don't remember much.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: May 03, 2015, 12:46:25 pm »

Last night I dreamed I was a wizard in a fantasy world with technology roughly on par with the early Napoleonic wars. An evil necromancer had taken power a small kingdom neighboring the large one I lived in. The necromancer had conquered his small neighbors in a matter of weeks but wasn't doing anything at all right now, and the king of my nation decided he had to be removed before he could invade us. It would have to be done very quickly, so it was decided that a small force would be carried by air in secret to the necromancer's capital to open enough of a hole in the city's defenses to let the rest of the army in.

I was chosen as a part of the vanguard. Myself and about two dozen others were carried into the middle of the city (and somehow went unnoticed) by hot air balloon, and landed in an empty plaza. Our target was a giant tree that was linked magically to a section of the city walls, and would diffuse any attack against it. The perspective shifted to a bird's eye view, and I saw the immediate area. The city had Italian renaissance style architecture, and was split down the middle by a major river. Our target was inside of a small military base with low brick walls on three sides and the river on the fourth. Still in a bird's eye view, I saw a few of our guys rush up and stab the guards at the gate, then everyone came up and pushed them open. Inside was a small barracks, a pier on the river, an ammunition dump, a couple cannons, and the tree. Abandoning any pretense of stealth, I blasted the tree to bits with a giant fireball as the rest of the team commandeered the cannons and blasted the barracks with them (they were loaded and ready to fire for some reason.)

It went back to first person as reinforcements arrived by hot air balloon, and other balloons carrying troops started landing all throughout the city. I heard a massive explosion that must have been the main army outside blasting the vulnerable section of wall open. The garrison was caught completely by surprise, and with all of the city except the necromancer's fortress was under our control in a matter of hours. We started blasting it with cannons, but the shot just blew to pieces without even scratching the fortress. We tried to use the balloons to get on top of the walls, but they were all shot down before they got close. I remember thinking it was weird that we hadn't seen any zombies. Seconds later the gate opened and a giant horde of zombies started spilling out. It was briefly pretty awesome, but our musketeers had fired several volleys and it had barely left a dent in the horde.

The infantry had no chance in melee and started to retreat while what little cavalry we had charged the horde to buy time, but they had to break off quickly. Our plan was to run back to a nearby bridge across the river and use it as a choke point, but I never made it. big shards of ice (presumably fired by the necromancer) started to shoot into the backs of the retreating army. I turned around to try to hit him, but got hit in the back as soon as I stopped running. I landed face down and got hit again, and dreamed about being a doctor giving a blind child a checkup for the rest of the night.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: May 03, 2015, 05:05:06 pm »

I'm so jealous of these cool dreams. My recent notable dreams are nightmares, like being a giant spider or getting chased by xenomorphs. And something about a giant orca-eating eagle.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: May 04, 2015, 01:06:20 am »

And something about a giant orca-eating eagle.

That's kinda cool at least.
I make Spellcrafts!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: May 04, 2015, 01:16:47 am »

Well, I saw this fuckhueg bald eagle eat a baby orca, then I went to go tell people about this giant murderbird, and no one would believe me, and all evidence of the carnage was gone, so people thought I was a liar. It was very frustrating.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: May 04, 2015, 01:25:29 am »

Oh. That's not so cool. I was hoping it was a dream about being a giant eagle and eating whatever the fuck you feel like. Those are pretty good dreams.
I make Spellcrafts!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: May 04, 2015, 01:27:22 am »

Only dream I've ever had about being something else that I can remember is the recent nightmare about turning into a giant spider.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 339