Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567417 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2430 on: April 01, 2015, 12:59:21 pm »

Well I had some more of that same bullshit last night. Those kids were secretly spawn of Satan and once they realized this they went nuts with their super secret magical powers (and also repeated resurrection whenever they get killed) and tried to bring about the apocalypse. Their "dad" showed up at my place right after they did and explained his plan to save the world. The little girl was apparently an aspect of chaos and the boy had control issues. They couldn't get along, so capturing them one at a time was going to be easy enough, starting with the boy because it would be easy to trick his overinflated ego into falling for this guys trap. I don't actually know what the plan was...

Anyway, aside from that whole thing there were men in beesuits and jetpacks flying around out in the fields pollinating the plants because of the shortage of bees. Way to go brain, this would totally work.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: April 01, 2015, 01:01:58 pm »

I had this weird-ass dream last night about a Ninja Warrior-esque obstacle course in my biology classroom.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: April 01, 2015, 01:04:44 pm »

I almost never remember my dreams after I wake up (maybe 2-3 times a year, seriously very rare). Anyone have any advice on how to?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: April 01, 2015, 01:14:10 pm »

I only started remembering dreams regularly after I started taking my antidepressant meds... Not really applicable to others I guess.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: April 01, 2015, 01:44:31 pm »

Huh, my meds seem to just make me a cheap drunk.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: April 01, 2015, 08:53:26 pm »

I almost never remember my dreams after I wake up (maybe 2-3 times a year, seriously very rare). Anyone have any advice on how to?
Three things can really help you remember your dreams:
1) Write down any dreams you remember immediately after you wake up. Most dreams that you do actually remember you will forget within about 10 min of waking up due to the weirdness of how your brain works. It's totally possible for you to remember dreams right when you wake up, but then not remember them even a little while later.
2) If you are used to waking up at one specific time, try setting your alarm for 10-15 minutes before that. If you've been spending a long period of time waking up at one time your body gets used to that and adjusts your dream schedules so that you wake up gradually right before that point, which counts agains the "10 minutes of remembrance" that you get for your dreams (and so you can wake up not remembering them). Things that wake you up quickly can short circuit that cycle, meaning you will still remember your dream. (As a matter of fact they've done laboratory tests and 100% of people can tell you about their dreams if you wake them up quickly in the middle of their REM cycle).
3) Get a full night's rest. As you sleep longer your REM cycles get smaller and the actual REM part gets longer, making you more likely to wake up during one of them and leading to more vibrant dreams overall.

A final option (though I don't suggest it) is to make yourself somewhat sleep deprived, then go to sleep. When you are sleep deprived your REM cycles start smaller with longer REM periods then they do normally, meaning you have extra vibrant dreams the first time you go to sleep after being sleep deprived.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: April 01, 2015, 08:55:48 pm »

I dreamed that I was a magical person with an umbrella. I was applying for a job at some secret society and in order to qualify I must get to the other side of a glass. I tried to use dream magic to will the glass away (I'm usually semi-aware I'm dreaming) and, failing that, I tried to cut a hole in the glass without actually touching my umbrella to it. That didn't work either so I just teleported to the other side, but that resulted in my waking up as well as simultaneously still dreaming.

I'm not good at remembering dreams because most of the time I can't tell if I'm awake or not. I found myself trying to fly to the dining hall and jumping like an idiot before realizing I'm awake.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: April 01, 2015, 09:15:20 pm »

Yeah... Dreams suck for me nowadays.

I've been having dreams where either someone close to me gets shot and dies or I'm forced to shoot someone to prevent that...

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: April 01, 2015, 09:17:51 pm »

I dreamed that I was a magical person with an umbrella.

Objective confirmed for Mary Poppins.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: April 03, 2015, 02:15:27 am »

I dreamt that I was reading a thread on Bay12 about some interesting new game.
I don't actually remember much about the game... I think it was some sort of fantasy-ish RPG, but good.
Main thing I remember is a forumite posting a spoilered screenshot of a couple of whales swimming in the shallows of some beach, holding up a taxman (or maybe just a merchant?) and his guard/s with a crossbow. Not sure if I actually played the game myself or not, but at one point I saw that scene animated, as the lead whale (I believe they had little black burglar masks tied around them to go over the eyes) fired the crossbow to prove he wasn't to be messed with.

And then, I believe in the same setting, a couple of my favourite bands from my old city were loading their stuff onto a pirate ship along with another band, getting ready to make the journey south to the city I live in now. There were also- perhaps simultaneously and separately because dream logic- a group of actual pirate-types aboard, taking a haul of heroin, booze and other drugs in the hold.

The dream followed the journey for a while, with the various strange fantasy-type obstacles they had to overcome, and the captain and first mate being quite surprised that their crew managed to mostly control themselves and not burn quickly through the drugs they were smuggling.

And then I woke up. Funnily enough a friend told me the two bands in question are actually touring down this way pretty soon.
I'm guessing that's what inspired that bit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: April 04, 2015, 03:53:41 am »

Odysseus- heavy metal pirate who just wants to get home so he can sell heroin to the other hero(in)s
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: April 04, 2015, 10:11:03 am »

I was drafted into the military. The base was situated both in Australia and on the Afghanistan border, and the interior of it looked simultaneously like a convenience store and a library. There was an old lady who went around giving people books, and when I went to ask how long we'd be situated here, my superior gave me a long rant about patriotism that had nothing to do with my question. There was also a room next door that kept filling up with sea-blue water, then emptying, then filling again.

That was a weird dream.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: April 04, 2015, 10:35:04 am »

Great. More psychic dreams about DF.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: April 04, 2015, 03:06:12 pm »

I had an honest-to-goodness lucid dream last night/this morning.

I was with my parents and mostly lucid. I don't remember where I was but we had a table. I discussed how eating foods in dream is great because you don't get fat. I and my parents conjured up foods. My mom got what seemed like black truffles soup and I also got a cream of the mushroom soup. I think I also tried to make spicy stir-fried mushrooms but I woke up briefly.

I was with Jade (from the webcomic Homestuck) and we were walking through a garden which is similar to the Singaporean orchid garden I went to. I became lucid at some point as we walk through some art exhibitions in a row of rooms in the front of the garden. We went through an open fish tank on the floor of the room with a small orca in it and we played it with a little. We went through some drawings where people are grey-skinned, horned humanoids and I mentioned that this must have been drawn by a troll (a race of humanoid alien in Homestuck), namely Eridan Ampora. I told her I'm lucid and I have to go do my thing, but she said I should at least tag along for a bit. We went to two cylinders with doors into them, like some rocket pod minus the other parts. Jade went into one and I went I to another. For some reasons I panicked and got out, then I remembered my dream goal and opened the pod door again, but this time on the other side is the Nexus train's interiors. (The Nexus train was an idea by me. Basically, it's a gigantic train moving through a snowy planet, and its cabin doors were portals into other worlds. I can enter it through a certain door which manifest in my dream.)

I found myself in a large hallway as I stepped through the door. I rubbed my hands together to stabilize my dream a bit but I'm still in the verge of waking up. I must have forgotten I'm in a special train because I found myself in a normal skytrain with other people, some of which I think I'm supposed to know. They asked me about a person and if I had seen them, but I said I don't know which one they meant because there are many people with that name. One of them said "Dude he probably doesn't even know him."

I got out of the skytrain on some sort of modern bazaar. I walked by a store selling jade figurines and I nicked a green rag on the counter while the owner wasn't looking. I decided to pull out a sliver of the rag and eat it. It was a bad idea because the rag taste like stale sweat and got stuck in my braces. I try to take it off to no avail. I recall walking towards a walkway with parrots sitting on top of wooden bridges, and nature on the other side while I stand on the bazaar side. I spun around hoping to stabilize my dream but that woke me up.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: April 05, 2015, 09:04:08 am »

I was hanging out on the street where my parents' house is. There was a little girl trapped inside the house next door or something so I go in.

I wander around the house for a while. It's somewhere I've been in a dream before. It's a very old house, with two floors and an unfinished basement. I don't recall much being in the basement except I think a secret passage to a higher floor.

Eventually I don't find anything and leave. I'm back on the street again, but my mom keeps bothering me to go back in the house. Eventually I do, except this time when I get inside it's an empty version of my high school. I look for the girl but a boy is here too this time, and I decide he can't see me.

I follow them around, trying to avoid the boy and get to the girl, but he sees me. I'm at the top floor. The lights shut off and the whole building becomes pitch black (I think this I did this somehow), so I run down the stairs to try to get away. I remember brushing past a lot of helium balloons on my way down. Not sure why they were there.

I get to the bottom and he's there too. I don't see him but I think I feel him. After that I'm outside again.

Pretty quickly I decide I need to go back, so I try to get back in. But the house/school is a high security prison now, with huge sand-colored walls. I remember walking around the base of the wall with an explosive of some sort, planning on blowing up some concrete and digging my way inside. That's the last thing I remember before waking up.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:06:41 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 339