Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512640 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1170 on: October 23, 2013, 11:33:55 pm »

Had another oddball reality shuffle dream occur, and the same girl (from my last posts) appeared again. Funny enough, she decided to take her last message ("I'm near (or "I'm here"), come look for me.") and gave it a twist; instead of it being a message for real life, she instead ran off leaving a portal in the dream, and instead of reality-hopping, we were time-hopping through my memories; and in some cases, she hid herself by changing her age to a relevant age according to the memory. All the places, I remembered their layouts to (of course, they're memories I was navigating).

In a strange way, it was like living out Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind mixed with a bit of Inception, except my memories weren't being removed, rather than recovered in some lost sectors, and modified in others with notes as to where the dream interacted with as to not make them actual permanent memories. As far as I can consider, this girl is smart and courteous about my personal space, as in my mind/soul (And for that, you rock.).

I think at a halfway mark, I was back at kindergarten, and she added herself into the memories as part of some of the recess games and even chatted with me (back in the lunch room and such, but with far better food than what was actually served, or what I had in a lunch bag at the time), sometimes about said memories, and others just about general bullshit (kinda funny when you go back to a 5-year old me speaking like an adult with the voice to match the age of the era); sometimes, even my siblings at that age had their child-like commentary to include, based on their adult selves' present-day knowledge, as far as I observed (pretty funny, because at times, we still do that; I don't think any of us actually grew up at all, besides our physical bodies). Come and think of it, it felt like her interactions with different parts of my memories, the ones we went through, that is, was repairing what has affected me in my present day (all over my life; like where I wasn't as successful with others, she filled in. She was like my wingman, partner in crime, side-kick when I needed one (but never had)). It was comforting to see throughout the dream that she clearly liked me a whole lot.

I think she even made a 'memory' block of a date to fill in another void, or to get me to know her better (or have my turn at least). I'll try to remember it next time I dream, and see if it's a portal to her memories. This yields me to do some ‼science‼ with my dreams; or at least, of a different category, other than mindless destruction, barnstorming my town with flying battleships, and messing around in my old school with all kinds of zany crap like driving my old car through the halls, making a race track out of it.

All this considered, I really do wish psychics are real, and this was more than a dream, and was more like an extremely elaborate way to flirt with someone. And as a note to her, give me some freaking coordinates or something easier than these cryptic freaking clues to find with. And that also reminded me of something else...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:45:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 24, 2013, 01:27:51 am »

Damn, Itnetlolor, that is some fascinating stuff. :)
Mainly the way the dream incorporated so many memories. Were all of those memories that you had already remembered clearly when awake, or did it really delve through your subconscious for memories your conscious mind had forgotten?

It's always nice reading people's dreams in this thread. I've enjoyed quite a few of them over the last few pages.
I myself have been dreaming a lot lately, but sadly most of them are forgotten by the time I wake up. I had an interesting dream last night that I remembered part of when I awoke, but I was pretty tired and ended up just lying there 'til I'd forgotten it completely.
All I remember was that at least part of it involved a bunch of cockney gangsters. It was probably quite exciting.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1172 on: October 24, 2013, 01:48:34 am »

Damn, Itnetlolor, that is some fascinating stuff. :)
Mainly the way the dream incorporated so many memories. Were all of those memories that you had already remembered clearly when awake, or did it really delve through your subconscious for memories your conscious mind had forgotten?
A bit of both. The primary memories being the activities (although I still remember the social hierarchy at the time (I was clearly not at the top; and yes, she consoled some of those issues as well)), but it did delve through my subconscious reminding me of things I forgot since eons ago. I think the farthest I have recalled through a temporal-relapse via dream was as far back as being 2 years old. In fact, I've been using some of these memories to find some classic gaming material (Commodore 64, FTW); but interestingly enough, my mom found old tapes some time ago, and I was able to recall what I was thinking at the time of the recording, and my mind even reconstructed the scene; all 5 senses even remembering how the scene felt.

How trippy is that? By watching a video that old, my mind filled in the blanks, including and especially the unseen portions of the video, including the camera being pointed at me at the time (I recall it being rather large and bulky; then again, it was a VHS tape everything was being recorded on). I've been reliving portions of my life again through dreams lately; I'm curious what that's supposed to mean? I hope if I run into that girl again, she'll provide me some answers about that.

Overall, I'm proud to say that I have a knack for remembering details of my dreams, in full color. Not to mention, some of my art ideas and such had to come from somewhere. The real mindbreaker is trying to draw up the schematics for some of them since some of them can be non-euclidean in nature (Don't ask how you can access every room in a building with only downward slides, even with rooms just above said slide; including arriving where you just departed from), or are built in multiple dimensions, or in a way that would make physicists cry, and in some cases, make God himself facepalm.

Having navigated non-euclidean mazes long enough, no wonder I took Anti-Chamber and others like it (e.g.- The Stanley Parable) like a duck to water. Maybe I should contribute to the schizo- thread.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:57:07 am by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 25, 2013, 05:53:55 am »

I dreamed that I was some kind of astronaut working alone in an almost fully automatic space capsule thingamajigger. For some reasons Tiruin (yes, OUR Tiruin) was something like my personal Earth operator or something (I do not know how NASA works) and for some reason apparently somebody hacked into the system, sending me onto a random planet which luckily support life and is almost like Earth except that it's a hell world a la After Earth. I don't remember much but apparently I got to be Tiruin's perspective for a while and it turns out she was the one who sent me to the hell planet because she is annoyed with seeing me, which is kind of dumb since she's still contacting me in hell-world, or maybe she's just ensuring I die or something.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 25, 2013, 06:13:41 am »

Dreamt I was in some sort of old-school FPS, minus the shooting part. Kept getting lost in some cave tunnels.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 26, 2013, 02:05:39 pm »

I've had a string of long, awesome and incredibly coherent (internally consistent, plot that makes sense) dreams lately and, well... I'm not gonna write them out, but man, I love my subconscious with a burning, inappropriate passion. The latest one was, I guess, a steampunk thriller with elements liberally borrowed from Terry Pratchett's and someone's The Long War, which I've just finished. Waking up was so disappointing, although I managed to smother myself back to sleep twice after the initial waking.

The main point is... dreams are amazing and beautiful and I love my brain.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 28, 2013, 06:52:16 am »

Don't give moons to apples; all they do is fight
If you have a moon parochial apple, my parochial apple tastes better

-- What the blazes is this, why in the hell is it in my head, and why in Zeus's name was it being said to be the primary chorus for lyrics to a pipe organ rendition of the doom soundtrack? It wasn't even an actual track! There's not an "he3" level! That's not even the proper format for doom levels! Gwaarrrggggh

It sounded freaking terrible, too. All of it, from the singing (it was high school class-forced-to-sing level, and fairly strident) to the music (painful pipe organ, not good, and not actually recognizable as a doom remix). Why you do this, dream brain? Why?

I don't even remember what the hell parochial means, though google has rectified that
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 28, 2013, 07:01:54 am »

Don't give moons to apples; all they do is fight
If you have a moon parochial apple, my parochial apple tastes better

-- What the blazes is this, why in the hell is it in my head, and why in Zeus's name was it being said to be the primary chorus for lyrics to a pipe organ rendition of the doom soundtrack? It wasn't even an actual track! There's not an "he3" level! That's not even the proper format for doom levels! Gwaarrrggggh

It sounded freaking terrible, too. All of it, from the singing (it was high school class-forced-to-sing level, and fairly strident) to the music (painful pipe organ, not good, and not actually recognizable as a doom remix). Why you do this, dream brain? Why?

I don't even remember what the hell parochial means, though google has rectified that

You could try to decode it's meaning?
Switch around a few letters, see what number the letters are, do some math, then turn them into letters again.
Become an overly obsessed conspiracy theorist. :p
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:42:04 pm by Ultimuh »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 03, 2013, 11:20:28 pm »

Had a dream where I was involved with a big band concert that was a really big music event. Tons of different bands all lined up to play, one after another, with a huge variety of genres and stuff, including progressive, experimental, techno, and pretty much everything.

I don't really remember any specific bands, except that there was one that was basically a copy of Paramore. Dunno why, I wouldn't consider them a favorite of mine or anything.

I was having a helluva good time in the audience. An event that spends entire days just playing quality live music for everyone to just sit back and listen to? All of my yes. Probably one of the happiest dreams I've had in a while. Most of my dreams are just absurd nonsense that leave me feeling full of wat.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 04, 2013, 10:21:34 am »

I had a dream where I was hiding in a wardrobe from what I don't remember, but I remember I was eating bite-sized pizzas.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 05, 2013, 01:53:45 pm »

A goat disguised as a human tried to seduce me in my dream.

I woke up with a hearty WTF.
SexualLobster material right there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 06, 2013, 05:23:46 am »

A goat disguised as a human tried to seduce me in my dream.

I woke up with a hearty WTF.
SexualLobster material right there.
It's that guy who make flashes about Fernando, right?

I still have weird dreams about that guy.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 06, 2013, 10:07:57 am »

Had the most bizarre dream last night. I made a delivery in my truck, right? And when it was done, my dispatcher told me to sit tight and wait.

I waited. And waited. And waited. For several years. They knew I was still there because they kept paying me layover money, but I wasn't allowed to move the truck somewhere else or abandon it even for a day. And for some reason, dream-self went along with it instead of demanding to know what was going on or even simply quitting and finding a new job.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:11 am »

I had a dream where I was hiding in a wardrobe from what I don't remember, but I remember I was eating bite-sized pizzas.
You can't get back to Narnia. Stop trying. :P

Edit:

I dreamed I went skying and fell. I kept rolling down the mountain for what seemed like hours trying to avoid hitting trees until I woke up.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:52:05 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 07, 2013, 08:08:11 am »

I remember 2 dreams i had during my early (about 4 years old) childhood.
And one from when i was a teen.

Childhood

1 - I was lying in my parents bed (along with said parents) when i heard a weird sound.
So i looked around and on the far end of the bed there was... a clockwork rooster (with key and all) slowly walking my way.
I remeber i was simply terrified of that thing.

2 - I was home alone looking for things to do when i noticed... a tissue box.
Its empty but i feel the urge to put my finger into it and take a peek inside...
And then MOLD starting to grow from that box at a very fast pace EVERYWHERE.
I decided its a good idea to get out via a window but theni  noticed my house is flyinf in SPACE. Literally stars everywhere and no ground what so ever.

Teen

1 - Barely remember this one... it was about some sewer people from "The Tick" kidnaping people all over hte place and taking them into the severs for one reason or another.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 339