Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568101 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2325 on: February 11, 2015, 07:00:48 pm »

So a civilization of water-breathing people exists, and I'm one of them. Our cities are much like real ones, and we eat what amounts to, uh... seaweed-like bundles of wires that are like super computers and are manufactured, but once made they grow like biological things, and they are our sole food source. Oh, and we can't make enough, because we're starving. We even developed a super-version that uses "primary" instead of "binary" (how does that make sense? I assume it means analog), which grows faster in much bigger bundles, and is cheaper to produce, but it's not enough. The ladies who live/work in the building I was in started a fund-raiser project to get enough food/primarycompweed to keep us from dying of hunger; the nature of the project cannot be said in thus thread, but I wasn't interested in that bit of my dream. And then I took a bath, while in an underwater city; it must have been a denser substance, or maybe the hotter water just didn't mix with the cool air-water. No... it couldn't have been water, since I couldn't breath it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: February 13, 2015, 07:09:55 pm »

Took a nap. Dreamed I was Batman, and I sneaked into people's houses to pet their cats. The cats were soft and fluffy.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: February 13, 2015, 07:14:16 pm »

Batman: Serial Cat Petter.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: February 14, 2015, 01:10:35 am »

The best dream I had in awhile. I was a fairy and I had to lead my people across the great pond to the promise land. Then after reaching the other side of the pond with only a handful of my fairy brethren, I was transported to a mobile conscription center/troop transport. I was getting my equipment ready (A plaid shirt, a gun that would shoot backwards, dress shoes, a school backpack, a wooden stick and a sombrero.) when my brain told me to assemble in a class room. The officer told us to get into eight man groups that would play board games till our inevitable drop. After that, the floor disappeared and we were free falling towards a Rapture (Bioshock) like city in the middle of a jungle surrounded by an ocean. The city buildings were made up of disappearing werewolves that were black and white ,and the inhabitants were spider-like dogs. Can't remember the rest of the dream but I remember that I was drowning by the end of it because of a mailman that stuck a crowbar in a whale.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: February 14, 2015, 02:43:34 am »

The most beautiful and best tasting pastry I've ever had was in a dream. I'll never forget you blue frosting, pink pastry.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: February 14, 2015, 03:17:13 am »

The best dream I had in awhile. I was a fairy and I had to lead my people across the great pond to the promise land. Then after reaching the other side of the pond with only a handful of my fairy brethren, I was transported to a mobile conscription center/troop transport. I was getting my equipment ready (A plaid shirt, a gun that would shoot backwards, dress shoes, a school backpack, a wooden stick and a sombrero.) when my brain told me to assemble in a class room. The officer told us to get into eight man groups that would play board games till our inevitable drop. After that, the floor disappeared and we were free falling towards a Rapture (Bioshock) like city in the middle of a jungle surrounded by an ocean. The city buildings were made up of disappearing werewolves that were black and white ,and the inhabitants were spider-like dogs. Can't remember the rest of the dream but I remember that I was drowning by the end of it because of a mailman that stuck a crowbar in a whale.
Wat.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: February 14, 2015, 08:16:09 am »

This is my first time in this thread and I already think I can't take on anything more than what Hooligan had posted.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: February 14, 2015, 11:46:36 am »

Taste my Paci-Fist

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: February 14, 2015, 11:54:02 am »

NO YOU FOOL!! NOT THE WHALE!!! gluggle-bugglee-glorp.

:P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2334 on: February 14, 2015, 12:35:05 pm »

Apparently I was running some kind of gauntlet/obstacle course ranging from playground-like setups to outright brutal obstacles like in Ninja Warrior, and by the time I reached the end of the course, per-level, there was this eldritch abomination I had to rip to shreds and kill (which, is odd, considering most of them were like some tentacled heart thing with a mean looking eye looking at me with bloodlust in mind). After the hell that was the obstacle course, I had no time to deal with these. So since we had to climb what amounted to a tower, I came up with rather anticlimactic ways to finish them off. Sure you're this heart-shaped demon... thing, and you're the designated enemy; but it doesn't mean I'm willing to fight fairly. So, off the tower you go. They make a satisfying *Splat* noise when they hit the ground that hard. Next challenge, getting down from the towers, that is, until a clear ball bounced my way and suddenly turned into a tunnel (perspective-based activation?) I could walk through back to ground level.

I made it halfway through another course before I decided to wake up. Considering the anatomically-accurate heart-shaped demons, and that today is Valentine's Day, I wonder what that's supposed to represent? Furthermore, I've come to notice this myself, why do I keep fighting these weird-ass things; and for those that can talk, how come I can relate better with them than with other people?

EDIT:
The portal-ball was pretty cool. The lensing effect caused by the clear ball was actually distorted space going inward (along the inside and outside edges of the ball; like how a black hole distorts light). So it always looked like a crystal ball, until decided to walk through it (when it then expands to a size to fit a person), the same lensing was also the inner walls of the tunnel it formed (rather seamless transition from positive-space to negative-space. I think it was a portable 4-dimensional gate made of negative space. Essentially, it literally was a ball of nothing that led somewhere when you enter it. So a portable portal. Funny enough, after walking through, you can carry the portal like a ball again.

I think I was in a live-action classic arcade game made by Taito (brutal levels, and wierd-ass alien monsters all over the place); that's the best way to describe the dream.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:13:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: February 14, 2015, 03:10:45 pm »

Hey, atleast you didn't have to endure drowning in your dream because of a mailman beating a whale. And black and white disappearing werewolves, that was freaky.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: February 14, 2015, 03:55:57 pm »

I'm still trying to fathom what a building made out of werewolves even looks like.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2337 on: February 14, 2015, 05:53:57 pm »

I'm still trying to fathom what a building made out of werewolves even looks like.
Either bundled together like Legion, or atomically structured like linked carbon atoms (the tail counts as a 6th point of contact). Either way, would make for a hell of a sight to see.

Now the crazier sight would be when the full moon (or whatever causes transformation) is no longer in play. Does the building also change, besides the material (from werewolf to creature of origin; usually human, in these cases)?

This is actually an interesting subject to study.

EDIT:
On the subject of were-creatures: Are there any that transform during, let's say, a solar or lunar eclipse? What if a world has more than 1 moon? What conditions are also in play? For example, the tri-moons featured in Coneheads, and how it brings out the Garthak (which one must "Gnarfle" in a coliseum).

EDIT EDIT:
I find it oddly amusing how casual I am about anything horror-related lately.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
As far as I can imagine, a building made of werewolves would likely have alpha werewolves used as the main load-bearing structure, with the lesser were-pups making up the more aesthetic portions of the structure, like bricks. There may be variations of flexibility and strength according to breed and base species and their unique genetic makeup; so good knowledge of their biology would be required (similar could be said aesthetically of the fur). On that note, silver will react to the were-structure like gallium interacting with aluminum. The structure will crumble if sufficient coverage of the structure is made, along with a fair amount of pressure (which buildings seem to have in abundance via gravity). Bio-architecture is a field I'm not quite familiar with, but this was my shot at it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:31:18 am by Itnetlolor »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: February 14, 2015, 11:00:19 pm »

Saw my (forum) obsession/crush posting in a thread, flirting with someone else. My crush was doing things I usually do myself, almost like they were me. What does this mean doctor?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 11:07:13 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: February 15, 2015, 03:20:46 am »

It means you should be going on a date with yourself.

My dream the other night was stupid. I borrowed the family car and drove down the highway to watch a bunch of birds fly off into the distance, see which one flew fastest. So some small bird was up first, then an eagle, then a condor or something, and finally a crows. By the end of the dream, the crow caught up to the condor and stole its dinner. The others had a good headstart and were over the horizon by that point but apparently the crow would have caught up to them eventually.

This was supposed to be an important scientific experiment, apparently. So important I ignored my family calling to ask for the car back.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 339