Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567194 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2010 on: September 22, 2014, 05:38:33 pm »

Thus ends my first adventure with lucid dreaming I actually remember.
Welcome to the Matrix.
That red pill went down well, right?
Depends, was it supposed to be taken orally?

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: September 22, 2014, 05:52:18 pm »

Welcome to the Matrix.
Why oh why didn't I take the blue Pill?
---Seriously i take ablue pill before bed every night that helps me sleep easier, if i don't take it, Rainbow laser chainsaw butterflies and floating rainbow dog heads that moo occur.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: September 22, 2014, 07:37:37 pm »

Welcome to the Matrix.
---Seriously i take ablue pill before bed every night that helps me sleep easier, if i don't take it, Rainbow laser chainsaw butterflies and floating rainbow dog heads that moo occur.
..... There are people who take pills HOPING for that kind of stuff. (those pills tend to be illegal...)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: September 22, 2014, 08:02:41 pm »

Welcome to the Matrix.
..... There are people who take pills HOPING for that kind of stuff. (those pills tend to be illegal...)
I get that and feel for those guys, I truly do despite my condition: in addition to the Mooing floating heads and bizarre butterflies in my head is a bunch of NSFW stuff that's so vivid upon waking they become horrific nightmares as I realize that paradise was a farce.

I also get tortured by similar paradisaical dreams about playing a great video game, or even coming up with an awesome anime concept like that one time i dreamed of Leone the Phoneixian Tigerman who could save people by reversing time with a tuft of his fur and and roar. Sound slame but you should've seen the awesomeness it was.

Plus if in my dreams I would feel/taste/etc i actually register it in my brain. So drinking tea in my dreams, i can tell whether it's sweet or unsweet, black or green, hot or cold, etc.
My dreams are so immersive and often so paradisaical that they often winds out as nightmares, so this blue pill killing them off is the perfect Matrix for me, lol.
Did I mention my dream take on reality-style visuals? So if my favorite Sci-fi Game's vehicles appear in my dream, they look like they would IRL, which is why it's so freaking torturous to wake up if I'm dreaming.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2014 on: September 22, 2014, 08:14:05 pm »

That's pretty kickass. I have RL-interpretations of things, including physics-defying stuff (negative-mass/negative-space objects; like portable portals that you can carry like boxes, and walk/crawl through after placing). I also have full-sensory-perception dreams as well. Some rocking meals I had, even though some looked inedible as all hell. You'd never think a titanic mantis arm (about the size of a baseball bat) would taste like lobster. I think I have been witness to movies and such that never came out, like a proper Alien 3, as "What could have been", and it would have rocked.

A disability is only one if you choose it to be. I choose to reign over my own brand of insanity; and I invent and MacGuyver with it. How do you like getting a Fibonacci Bomb dropped on you (explodes in magnitudes of (up to 5 explosions) 1x-1x-2x-3x-5x; to as far as I want it to explode)?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:24:37 pm by Itnetlolor »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: September 22, 2014, 08:31:22 pm »

That's pretty kickass. I have RL-interpretations of things, including physics-defying stuff (negative-mass objects; like portable portals that you can carry like boxes, and walk/crawl through after placing). I also have full-sensory-perception dreams as well. Some rocking meals I had, even though some looked inedible as all hell. You'd never think a titanic mantis arm (about the size of a baseball bat) would taste like lobster. I think I have been witness to movies and such that never came out, like a proper Alien 3, as "What could have been", and it would have rocked.

A disability is only one if you choose it to be.
Well when your mind often fulfills your lifelong dreams using such realistic detail, and then bam your eyes open to find said dreams realized were nothing but subconscious mind betrayals, you get tired of dreaming entirely. You wake up, you scream, you're a grouch to the world because what you thought was real was all an illusion you'd rather live in.

As for dreaming of things I haven't seen/done yet, I dreamed of the end-chapters of ESO's Ebonheart pact and then two days later entered the city of Riften and saw the exact location my dream took place in, slightly prophetic nature, minus the fact this was the EP ending location in my dream. But I saw this locale like it was a real plce from RL, I could even smell the area too. One guard had some bacon-like cologne/or/perfume on...or was cooking bacon one of the two.

When it came out, I couldn't figure out what to do in TLOZ WW's first run of the Fortress, then one night I dreamed about sack racing a WW-style Moblin and getting the goal, then played WW the next day, and the exact course my in-dream Sack race took me on was the exact path I needed to clear that level truly bizarre. (with some minor changes like barrels instead of sacks, but w/e)

Back then though, my dreams were much more tame and often more focused on things I was into instead of things bestowing infinite pleasure upon me.
Now they're flat out torture.

Although nothing is funnier than seeing a Bunny randomly MOO (a few post back if you're wondering), I fear sleeping because even with my meds, I'm about 45% likely to have a NSFW or super-paradisaical dream of such immersive pleasure, waking up will make me A) Scream, B) Cry, C) Be Grumpy all day, or D) any possible combo of the previous three

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2016 on: September 22, 2014, 10:33:15 pm »

Sometimes you need guidance, sometimes you need sanctuary, other times, you just need an ego boost. That's the beauty of dreams. Basically, it's a mental/spiritual filter/defragmenter/decrapifier. Try to figure out what's causing blockage with the dreams, and make them miserable, or at least, less Heaven, more Purgatory. An overload of Heaven could make it turn into Hell; if I understand correctly.

Always a good environment to use for zeroing-out your dreams: I call it "Endless Beach". A personal Purgatory. Neutral, basic, weather and such can adjust according to mood (think hurricanes, unless you're like me and actually enjoy them). It would help to carry emotively-reactive devices to serve like a mood ring (hell, those things actually fucking work in dreamscapes; same with x-ray glasses and such). I suggest you stop by the Lucid Dreaming thread. Take control over your dreams, especially if they're causing you problems. In the meantime, check Life Advice for any other help to further blur the lines between worlds and have some peace of mind again. At least, in this case, the blurring is a good thing.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:36:31 pm by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: September 22, 2014, 10:36:11 pm »

I'm probably the most knowledgeable person on lucid dreaming who can't lucid dream for squat.

I mean, seriously, I'm really close to spending half my life on achieving ability to LD reliably.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2018 on: September 22, 2014, 10:38:32 pm »

I'm probably the most knowledgeable person on lucid dreaming who can't lucid dream for squat.

I mean, seriously, I'm really close to spending half my life on achieving ability to LD reliably.
My best advice there would be to relax, and stop trying too hard. It's best to unlearn, relax, and relearn as you fall into place. It'll hit you when you least expect it. Not expecting it is part of how to get it. At least, that's how it usually worked for me. Have a child-like mind when you dream. Think about it, our imaginations have been most vivid when we were kids. Remember how you were back then at it's most potent, and now you've got a path to follow (A supernatural compass, if you will). If you can find and hang out with your inner child, learn from them. Shouldn't be too hard to find or communicate with; after all, they are you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:42:06 pm by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: September 22, 2014, 10:42:19 pm »

The main problem for me is that I tend to lack clarity of thought in my dream.

Years of practicing LD has made my skepticism pretty honed though. I'm pretty sure I make wry comments on the fact that I am dreaming 90% of the time in a dream. I'm just not lucid enough to take advantage of that knowledge.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2020 on: September 22, 2014, 10:47:18 pm »

Then argue with someone or a mirror reflection. Once you both argue like separate people, that's one sign. A word of caution, know your strength; you could be a better fighter than you think (if a mirror match occurs). Almost killed myself a few times before I realized what I was doing. Thank goodness injuries don't transfer. There's a reason I choose not to fight.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:54:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: September 22, 2014, 10:48:30 pm »

Last night I dreamed that I had a series of conversations with people I know very closely. In each one the person criticized me on one of my insecurities. It was unpleasant.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: September 22, 2014, 10:56:04 pm »

Hrmm... So in a way, it's probably best if I don't go in with an investigatory/calculated mind and start hopping off of ledges if I want to retain the dream. Just... Let things flow.

I'll keep some of that in mind. I suppose in a way that I'm lucky, I don't really have particularly odd dreams often. Most of my own dreams are about latent control issues, such as not being able to drive a car in the midst of darkness or chronically arriving at places either late or extraordinarily early. I did write one particularly odd dream back down during the summer. I wrote it down and elaborated on it as sort of a short story... Thing... It's kind of corny really, and eventually waking Birdy started writing things to complete the story. A majority of the major events, did happen, but I sort of fluffed the ending as I'm not sure if I ever dreamt the ending or not anymore.

But perhaps it's worth sharing as my other dream was sort lame.

Edit: Just as I was about to go into a dreamstate, I heard a few voices inside my room. Apparently, two classmates of mine snuck in drunk, so I had to get up and usher them out only to discover the door lock was broken. I briefly tell my roommate that the door can't lock and head back to bed. Moments later I realize that this entire sequence was in fact a dream and I wake up. Blasted mind! OBEY!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:58:53 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 23, 2014, 06:18:53 am »

I suggest you stop by the Lucid Dreaming thread. Take control over your dreams, especially if they're causing you problems. In the meantime, check Life Advice for any other help to further blur the lines between worlds and have some peace of mind again. At least, in this case, the blurring is a good thing.
I've actually been working on achieving lucid dreams for quite a while, have had very minor success but any success has had certainly mixed results.
But yeah, Purgatory, good way to describes my dreams: a chunk of paradise so intoxicating, that once you awaken from it, it's a living nightmare.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2024 on: September 23, 2014, 03:16:15 pm »

I suggest you stop by the Lucid Dreaming thread. Take control over your dreams, especially if they're causing you problems. In the meantime, check Life Advice for any other help to further blur the lines between worlds and have some peace of mind again. At least, in this case, the blurring is a good thing.
I've actually been working on achieving lucid dreams for quite a while, have had very minor success but any success has had certainly mixed results.
But yeah, Purgatory, good way to describes my dreams: a chunk of paradise so intoxicating, that once you awaken from it, it's a living nightmare.
My interpretation of Purgatory is just that, a neutral environment to balance out everything; or clear some crap out; it's in the name. Essentially, I assign a Ph scale to environmental hostility; so Purgatory (To purge; unlike Limbo, where you see how low you can go) would rate as 6-8 Ph, so basically, it's the water of environments. Heaven can get too intoxicating (or so sweet, looking into it causes diabetes) to the point of causing issues. Or being rather caustic; so, kinda like Bleach, anywhere around 9-14 Ph Base; and Hell is a rather corrosive environment; so naturally, it would rate as rather acidic, so 1-5 Ph Acid. Some knowledge in chemistry helps for scaling stuff like this. At least, makes for a good reference chart. So yeah, Hell = Acid, Limbo and Purgatory are neutrals, and Heaven = Base. Like anything else, too much of any could be fatal; all things best in moderation.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:21:36 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 339