Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567217 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1995 on: September 19, 2014, 03:25:43 pm »

Dang it, you crossed the dimensional barrier too.

Should've taken Gate instead of Dominate Monster... :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 19, 2014, 10:11:25 pm »

I had a dream that I was explaining the process of baking bread to an honestly clueless girl who looked like she'd go to my school.
I was interrupted halfway through by my alarm clock and I called it out for being rude and interrupting me when this girl needed to learn how to make BREAD, as if it were something as important as explaining to a theoretical daughter how her body would change.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 19, 2014, 10:37:45 pm »

wot
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1998 on: September 19, 2014, 10:52:06 pm »

I taught the Queen how to wave.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 20, 2014, 08:58:43 am »

I dreamed that I made a forum game called "Samurai GUNIN", which was a direct tipoff of the storyline of Samurai Jack, only you played as GUNINANRUNIN.

I don't know.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 20, 2014, 09:01:35 am »

This needs to be a thing.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: September 21, 2014, 08:10:59 am »

I was running time trails on a wooden dock with re-spawning zombies and odd mechanisms.  Then I got bored and went to the mall.  I robbed the Bank of America and remember thinking, 'I'm going to jail, but I wonder if I'll be able to spend all the money before I am caught.  Its way too far for the cops to respond before I get out of here with the money'.

And then a mallcop shot me as I waited patiently for the escalator to reach its top so I could run again.

Weird dream for a weird night.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2002 on: September 21, 2014, 11:05:11 am »

Kudos to the low pressure system having still been hitting my town lately, I had another "beat down your ego" kind of depressing dream; except in this dream, I had enough of this thing's crap. I was basically continuing the previous dream, and this mysterious entity of indescribable form was berating me, insulting me, and basically announcing that it took everything from me, I am nothing without them, and I am nothing, and etc.

Apparently, that's when I dropped a logic bomb on them, and responded with something like, "If I'm nothing, then I divide myself by zero."; all kinds of crap went down (like reality shattering, and then converging into itself; and maybe a ROM Check Fail (reality glitching the fuck out) occurring in the process), apparently killing the thing, and keeping me alive at ground zero (maybe I equaled 1, or everything, as a result, and became something?), and my old crew got some sense back in them and returned as if it was a separate timeline (unaware; or a pod-people scenario). Now the real question, were they mind-screwed, or was I? Either which way, I'm rather ballsy and crafty when I feel I have nothing (left) to lose. Beware my suicidal tendencies, because I usually aim to have fun with what I know has a chance of killing me (I'm more a suicidally confident daredevil, than the depressed kind. Or if I fall too deep into depression, I roll-over the ticker until I am joyfully suicidal. I perform far better that way, and I oddly enough, have a high survival rate doing that. Couldn't say the same for the opponent/bystanders.). My wits remind me of how calm and confident I play certain games that yield insurmountable odds, and I still score pretty decently, despite it all. It's like charging after a bunker filled with machine guns, with a sword, and having the better odds of winning, regardless how utterly impractical it is to do (and no grenades either).

On the weather front, high pressures have returned, and I'm cheerful as ever again. I hate how the weather screws with my moods like that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:26:43 am by Itnetlolor »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 21, 2014, 09:04:23 pm »

Successfully Lucid dreamed last night/this morning.

Was actually rather uneventful. The moment I "woke up", I decided to try to look at my hands in high definition. Needless to say that failed, but I realized I was dreaming. Success! I was in a hallway, sort of like a dorm hallway. A handful of a girls, about possibly three were just sort of walking through as if to solidify that idea. I recall wanting to change the scene, so I walked down the hallway and tried to imagine myself somewhere else. I failed. So I walked down another one or two corners and found myself in an area like my Library on campus to my surprise. I was on the second floor, and the first floor was just down below so I decided to jump with the knowledge I was dreaming without really thinking.

I fell a tad slower than normal, but when I hit the ground I kind of crumpled and my mind said no, you're waking up now. And so I did. Thus ends my first adventure with lucid dreaming I actually remember.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 21, 2014, 09:13:31 pm »

Something something. Nicolas Cage. Girl about to be kidnapped. Farmhouse in the middle of buttfuck nowhere. Taking watch as a guard-type thing. Maybe some shooting.

I didn't remember this one too well even though it definitely went on for multiple hours, and recollection hasn't got any better through the day.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 21, 2014, 09:16:55 pm »

Perhaps Nicolas Cage doesn't want you to remember.

Perhaps there are some things that Nicolas Cage would prefer if you forgot.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 21, 2014, 11:23:21 pm »

Thus ends my first adventure with lucid dreaming I actually remember.
Welcome to the Matrix.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 22, 2014, 03:10:12 am »

My dreaming brain invented something called "Amigo Car". 

I was at work and someone I used to work with was using my PC, kept telling me they'd be done soon, so I was using a different PC than usual and found some sort of movie editing software on it.  For some reason I was trying to find that image trail effect you get in 80s music videos and found an option whose icon made me think it might be just that. 

Clicking the preview button resulted in the software generating an entire video: It started out kind of artsy, with the camera panning over a wooden surface, probably a table, in closeup.  It was very dark, with pools of light around certain objects as the camera moved around - some marbles, a candle, a pencil, a cup of coffee, etc.  Then it got to the preview of the effect I'd selected, which instead of trails was an emboss effect as words rose out of the wood, "<something> presents:" (not sure if I've forgotten the <something> or my brain just couldn't read/create it), then the image of a classic car rises out of the wood and the words "AMIGO CAR" appear.

Intro over, the actual movie started, which involved a robot the size of a house fighting a regular size robot in a Streetfighter-esque scene.  The robot the size of a house won in the space of a few seconds.

There was a whole lot more to the dream, work turned out to be my mum & dad's house, my dad had witnessed something disturbing while out for a run, there was some sort of market involving exotic spices and creatures and a basket of kittens... but Amigo Car is the part I can remember most vividly and coherently.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 22, 2014, 08:28:22 am »

This has been several weeks ago, but I had a vivid dream that my daughter now wants to develop into a illustrated kids book (which is pretty awesome).

This young girl named Milly wakes up in an old Victorian-style hotel, and quickly finds out that it's where everyone in the world goes when they're sleeping. They check into the hotel when they start dreaming, and check out when they wake up. Once they check in, their room morphs into whatever their dream is.

Milly, however, isn't in a room. Somehow she got "unstuck" and never checked out (I think this means she's in a coma in the real world.) This is against the rules, so the proprietor (a large, green, hunchbacked goblin-like thing in a tattered suit) is hunting for her, mostly with his Minions. The Minions are shriveled, blackened things like voodoo dolls with oversized heads and sightless eyes. They are the souls of those who died while asleep, and they form the workforce at the hotel -- porters, cooks, housekeeping, etc. If they bite a dreamer, the dreamer turns into one of them (i.e. they die in their sleep).

At some point, Milly falls asleep in the Dream Hotel, and wakes up in a "purified" version which is made of crystal and light and encounters a group of others like her, that got "unstuck" and are also hiding in various places in the Dream Hotel. This astral meta-hotel is sort of a secret HQ for them to meet and plan and exchange information to help stay safe.

That was about all I remember, but it's definitely fertile ground. I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter flesh out the details and come up with illustrations. :)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 22, 2014, 05:10:57 pm »

"A mi-go Car".
FTFY
Thus ends my first adventure with lucid dreaming I actually remember.
Welcome to the Matrix.
That red pill went down well, right?
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 339