Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!  (Read 85124 times)

markressler

• Bay Watcher
  • WHAT IS THIS, WHAT I AM DOI--
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 1, Judgement in the Archaic Fane - Replacement needed!
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2012, 07:49:11 am »

Re-reading things, Wrex did more questions than you, king, your reason to vote him is a bit suspicious.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2012, 09:49:30 am »

I have school. And sleep. And things like that. Then again, you seem to have been fairly reactionary, instead of asking questions. But, Wrex seems suspicious.
Nerjin: Please answer the question.
Wsoxfan: Please rank your top three scumpicks.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2012, 09:57:32 am »

I have school, too. And sleep. And things like that, and I'm even asking more questions than you, despite it being 'reactionary', as you claim.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2012, 09:59:27 am »

Half of your posts seem to be reactions to accusations, and unfortunately most things happen at around midnight here.

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2012, 10:03:25 am »

And more than half of your posts seem to be evading questions and don't asking anything. I see your lack of activity, your evasion and your excuses really suspicious. The reasons you are giving are a bit hypocrite.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2012, 10:10:02 am »

Evading questions. Evading. Questions. Accuse me of something, you're probably right. But I have not evaded questions. You are really starting to set off my scumdar. Getting in a reread now.

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:50 am »

My fault, Wrex was the one evading questions. Regardless of that, I think all the other reasons are still valid.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 1, Judgement in the Archaic Fane
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2012, 10:17:25 am »

@Kamin Um, what? I tried to say that I fell newbier than you, not less newbie than you, sorry if I was misunderstood. King said 'OMGUS' and yet you are only questioning me. I'm used to face to face mafia, and in my own language. Because of my sometimes rusty english, is easy to spot me when I'm scum. I think that you are being a little evil with me, maybe it has a reason. Luckily, we are in the RVS, so I will vote you now. Kamin.
Alright. This little gem REALLY set me off. Really. This post is incredibly scummy. This says to me " You nasty man, I have no reason to vote you. Oh wait, it's RVS. VOTE VOTE VOTE. "  How in the hell does RVS give a legitimate reason to vote? And you say luckily which REALLY sets off all kinds of alarms.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2012, 10:20:13 am »

-snip-
Nerjin: To answer your question on page 4. Those are dangerous and difficult questions to answer, and I think it gleans good information more so then " Do you like turtles" It's heavy shit. Asking " What would you do in X situation" again does little.
-snip-

-snip-
Nerjin: If you were mafia, who would you kill?
-snip-

Fair enough. I do like turtles by the way. But I suppose if I had to pick right this second who I would lynch as mafia it would be you. Mainly because you keep asking me questions so I'd want to avoid attention as much as possible. Now kingfisher who is your top suspect right now? Who would you be most afraid of if you were mafia?
Sorry this slipped my net. I would be most afraid of the IC's and the most suspicious person is markressler.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2012, 10:21:09 am »

@Jim, I'm used to Mafiascum games, not because I've played there, because I've read a lot of games there. They play a bit different, because they have longer deadlines. They start the day asking dumb questions and such, they don't jump straight to ask questions like king's. I was mistaken to think that mafiascum and bay12 played the same, so I was a bit surprised with king's questions, and that was my reaction, ask him to answer his own questions.

And yeah, Wrex, you are asking less questions than me. Why?

Also, King, you are not asking a lot of questions neither, why do you jump against Wrex?
You need to jump on people, or nothing gets done.

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2012, 10:24:21 am »

I've already agreed that the counter-vote was stupid of me. I said that we were 'luckily' in the RVS because we have the chance to be mistaken, and still pull it off. I don't think I'd vote this happily if we are in D4 or something.

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2012, 10:25:47 am »

Yes, you need to jump on people to get things started, but you weren't the best example of someone that can jump on somebody without being suspicious.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2012, 10:33:25 am »

Everything is suspicious in mafia.

vodot

• Bay Watcher
  • I am here for the status
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2012, 12:38:01 pm »

Kamin, you're voting mark.  What do you think of Mark and King's ongoing argument? Is it changing your mind?

Jim, Another question: You're scum and your noobly partner has basically bungled up D1, OMGUSing and WIFOMing all over heaven.  What advice do you give him?  How badly does he have to eff the scum game up before you simply bus him and move on?

I first tell him to stay calm, because staying calm is the single best thing a scum player can do. And then I tell him to stop being paranoid, that if he answers questions well he can totally salvage his situation, and then I tell him he needs to start looking like he's hunting, but not in a way that looks like it's in reaction to external pressure.

Then I tell him to take my advice on how to scumhunt and such.

Since it's Day 1 in a Beginner's Mafia, I can probably avoid bussing him, and if it's possible to avoid bussing without giving myself away then that's what I would do. In any other game, he'd be dead.

Wrex: In your opinion, do you see any players that seem to be conforming to the above scenario? (lurking, OMGUSing and WIFOMing, then getting suddenly calm/quiet or abruptly starting to scum hunt "unsuspiciously")? I'll suggest one for you, if you're having a hard time.

Nerjin: You're scum with Wrex. Looking at how he's playing, what advice do you give him?

And Vodot, How is this information you are gathering going to benefit the town?

It's information. It forces people to commit. It exposes lies. It exposes weakness. It informs the uninformed majority. It makes educated use of our only weapon: the lynch.

The only piece of information that I think is NOT helpful to the town is: "Game over, the town loses". I know that you're having a hard time relating, Wrex, but we members of the town are feeling pretty in the dark right now— except about your continued scummy behavior and questions.
Is there any reason why all your questions directed towards me are from the scum perspective?

Because I think you're scum, Jim, and I want our noobly town to think of you that way. I know this is BM, but my priority is still winning. And honestly?  I don't like your role and the idea of the "playing IC". I think it unfairly swamps the noob town with a whole extra dynamic they shouldn't have to deal with, namely a super-experienced player that will have absolutely no difficulty in shoving opinion around with his reputation alone.  How is that fair?  How can that be trusted? I think it's just a carrot to get IC's to participate.

Additionally, I ask you scum questions because I'd rather ask an excellent player I know is required to give me good answers and information about how he would play the scum side, since I am otherwise going to acquire exactly zero first-hand information about playing the scum side this game, until i read the scum chat and discuss the game with everyone afterward.

Shakerag, if you think I'm one iota less suspicious of you than I am of Jim, you're wrong. How does your mafia philosophy differ from Jim's? How would you pick a great player like Jim apart if you suspected he was scum?

Jim, who is playing the most like bad newbie scum right now?  Who is playing the most like good newbie scum right now?

markressler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2012, 12:43:24 pm »

@vodot, you thought the possibility that we may think you prefer Jim off the game because you are scum and he is townie?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28