Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86328 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - The Trials have Begun
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2012, 12:13:18 am »

Because you retracted the volunteering thing, yes. Saying shit like "I did volunteer, but reluctantly" and stuff like that sound very much like a scum screen. Plus you were near the top of my list anyway (after Deathsword), but I couldn't reconcile you volunteering and being scum at the same time. Then you removed that obstacle.

Deathsword is scummier, but I may be misreading newb-tells as scum-tells, so I'm less certain. IronyOwl's thing mentioned above really seemed suspicious, but in reality it's too late to investigate in detail and it's not a full case. That leaves you, and that "oh no, I take back the core of what I said the whole day". That's pretty bad, yes.
...You don't read the answers I give, do you?

I stated that I won't and provided reasons behind it. Just because I put up the idea of volunteering and then find someone elses actions scummy, then retract it make me scum regardless of any finds during the day? I don't follow how you come up with that conclusion.

PPE: ZU, do you see everything else there that is relevant? I can't even have fun the first time I get into a game where I can actually interact with the surroundings, can I? I'm scum because I ask those and...that's it? Are you daft to the questions that are right damn next to those you're highlighting? I do say such statements in what seems to be a joking manner, but I also ensure that relevance is included with the post therein!

Irony: I'm just stating what I see in relation to what I think in the spoiler there.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2012, 12:20:33 am »

PPE: ZU, do you see everything else there that is relevant? I can't even have fun the first time I get into a game where I can actually interact with the surroundings, can I? I'm scum because I ask those and...that's it? Are you daft to the questions that are right damn next to those you're highlighting? I do say such statements in what seems to be a joking manner, but I also ensure that relevance is included with the post therein!
This is an example of...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes I see those other questions. That doesn't excuse you for the stupid questions, like if Scelly(9) has a femur.

Toaster: who are your next picks?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2012, 12:45:33 am »

IronyOwl:
So you agree with what I have to say, but don't like it because I'm not the first one to do it?
Yes. I also don't like it because of the way you said it, and the fact that it happened before. You also seemed a bit more resolute than I had expected.

If it was word for word it'd be about eight or nine times as long, wouldn't it?
Heh. Probably. The point remains, though.

And to be blunt, I feel mine got answers out of him a lot better than yours did.
This is true.

So I'm your second pick after Tiruin?
No, Deathsword is still ahead. But your bandwagon vote seemed really fishy, and reminded me of your parroting-to-accuse-him-of-parroting earlier, which made that one seem less a coincidence and more mischievous intent.

I really wanted to hear you explain it, and now that you have it still sounds hollow. While what you are saying is essentially correct, your trepidation about being my second pick and your defensiveness about the arguments make me not entirely buy it. As I said, it's not a full case and there's not enough time to investigate fully, but I still have a notion that you are not being sincere -- my gut suspects you of bastarditude-related shenanigans more than anything else at this point, and I recommend people keep a close eye on you.

Tiruin:
Of course I do. But after making such a big deal about volunteering, what it comes down to at this point is that either you volunteer or we volunteer you.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2012, 12:51:50 am »

Of course I do. But after making such a big deal about volunteering, what it comes down to at this point is that either you volunteer or we volunteer you.

I didn't make a big deal about volunteering, people pressed the idea and I replied in turn. Just because I did state such mean that I was going to do it (read: The last statement of 'volunteering' and why I actually retracted volunteering)

So tell me, it's me and only me because you have the consensus of the rest here based on a shoddy principle?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2012, 07:13:32 am »

PPE: Oh yeah, you are scum. Tiruin. (But I'd still like to see IronyOwl respond to the above)
Lol my fucking ass. This is just ridiculous. I haven't seen a pure-r bandwagon in quite a while. You were voting DS for as long as I remember (I'm a goldfish) and now, once it became clear that he isn't going to be lynched, you suddenly switch your vote to Tiruin without any explanations. Yes, you gave a half-ass explanation several posts above. The question is: why didn't you vote him earlier, before the 'day end'? Did you expect that he was going to suddenly volunteer two minutes from the day end? Fuck you, Book.
Dariush:
TUNNEL TUNNEL CHUNNEL TUNNEL
This looks like a reeeeeeally weak attempt at trying to get me off you, especially since you didn't answer the question except with "we're not sure."
bizarre, suspicious wording
Oh yes, I answered the question in exactly that way. You know why? Because we're not sure. Also, of course defending against your bullshittastic attacks counts as 'trying to get you off me'. Obviously. That was sarcasm.

Saying 'survivor' to depict living people is biza-a-arre, suspi-i-icious wording. 'kay, got that.

You aren't even trying to disguise the fact that you're shamelessly trying to tunnel me without any reason whatsoever, scum.
This whole thing is a giant deflection. You can tell because you're cherry-picking parts of the post to respond to by way of vague sarcasm, rather than actually addressing anything.
I cherry-picked the only parts that were not pointless blather that had no purpose other than to show people what a glorious and not-at-all-tunneling-no-seriously scumhunter you are.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2012, 09:53:53 am »

Tiruin
Hapah: I don't know if votes even work at this stage, but if by "vote" you mean, who'll hold the skull then Tiruin because volunteer and all that.

If I can facepalm any more, I'd say you're an idiot. But that would be rude of me.

So you're aiming to fix the other dependent variable in this game other than finding scum? Mhmm, very nice of you Mr. Townie.

What do you exactly see with the skeleton. THinking it from your probable viewpoint, I'm guessing you think it'll be used as a weapon or some other bastardly thing? Could you explain how other than evade all my questions?
Tell me, how have I been evading your questions? From what I've seen, you're the one being accused of evading questions by giving vague answers.

Also, yes, the skeleton is an unknown variable. Would you want a potential threat to just lie around for the rest of the game?

Oh, and if you don't want to volunteer, don't volunteer at all.

IronyOwl:
I was gonna vote Dariush but now I'm voting Deathsword for rampant indifference to who gets lynched and an obvious bandwagon.
Bandwagon me for bandwagonning.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2012, 10:09:47 am »

Jim, Shakerag: One question, why not try to save the Skeleton for tomorrow? The current standing obstacle are four orbs. Four days with the use of one orb each day. I don't think Meph said that the same orb can be used twice or something.
Because, and this is my personal opinion, it's better in (semi-)bastard games to work out the mechanics as early as possible.  Once we understand how the game deviates from normal (or at least agree that we have no idea and can't figure it out at that point in time) then we stand a much better chance of winning.

Shakerag:
We can vote.  For something in the flavor.[...]
Bastard Paranormal 1 - No one figured out the mechanics, scum won.
Bastard Paranormal 2 - I was scum, and used the mechanics to scum victory.
Yeah, sure, but there was more than voting involved in both. BP1, you were supposed to find the hidden scum; BP2, you were supposed to find the other hidden scum. Where do you think the hidden scum is hiding now, or do you think the skeleton is scum, or how do you think voting it will out the hidden scum? Do you think it possible that the hidden scum is voting skeleton as an easy scapegoat?
There may not necessarily be a "hidden" scum in this game.  Hell, for all we know it could be something crazy like ... the entire scumteam counts as "majesty" and town wins by outnumbering scum after all four orbs are activated, but lose if all scum are dead.  But, to answer your question I'm just going to repeat what I've been saying:  We don't know what the fuck is going on, but I'm trying to figure it out.  I'm not sure what voting the skeleton is going to do, per se, but since it can be voted, it's absolutely worth a shot. 

As far as a lynch target, I'd say anyone who seems to be actively against trying to figure out the mechanics of the game.  Possibly Tiruin, since I recall him repeatedly wanting to delay messing with the skeleton.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2012, 10:41:36 am »

Deathsword: Stop obfuscating what I'm trying to point out. I already stated what I wanted to in the post with the spoiler. You deflect back onto me for evading, when you say that you've seen me do such (and in essence, read my posts).

You missed the question in the first link and proceeded as if it didn't exist.

Still, which answers are those? I've been answering everything the whole day and directly on what I've been thinking. I've already stated on what I think about that unknown variable in this post, scroll down.

I never said I don't want to volunteer, but I also said I won't volunteer blindly (in the wording of my post there).

And, hell. You're doing that just because I volunteered, and because you want to solve the skeleton before hunting any scum?

What are your readings on everyone in this game?

Also on a general note:
So...by picked up you mean we can't utilize the skeleton at all? Do the orbs need to be in physical contact with anyone to work?

You may attempt to use the Skeleton, but it would fragment into bones when disturbed. What effect using the various bones on an Orb would have is unknown.

You have not been told how to activate an Orb. [See below]
You must now choose who shall use the Skeleton's skull.[...]

Alright statue, how do I, or anyone else here use the skeleton who's bones are too brittle to be manipulated? How do I use it's cranium, or is it detached from the brain stem alone?...Err, meaning it is not connected at all to the body and useable?

. . .

Is the skull durable enough to be grasped and held?

PPE: Shakerag

I've stated my case on the skeleton basing it from a realistic viewpoint here. Like I said before, and shall say again, seems like a total waste (and then skeleton was lynched)

Possibly Tiruin, since I recall him repeatedly wanting to delay messing with the skeleton.
Also, delay? Where did you see me wanting to delay messing with the skeleton precisely?

How does a skeleton factor into the mechanics of this game?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2012, 10:44:40 am »

DS there is almost no OC in post 230.
Shake why that over someone who is scummy?
pfp

ppe,d ttiruin

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2012, 11:31:07 am »

The skull should be easy enough to pick up and place upon an Orb.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2012, 11:45:51 am »

Tiruin: Looking at all the links in your last post, I am quite sure I answered your question. If you are not satisfied with it, that's another thing entirely. You asked how the skeleton was important, I answered that to IO and in one of my most recent posts, I also proceeded to question you claim that the skeleton had already been judged, since we only learned that from the statue after your statement.

ZU[/b: OC?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2012, 12:07:56 pm »

Holy shit I can't fucking read

Org because he hasn't done a thing.
Yes, you are right. Unvote.
I've been having trouble with a certain IRL thing that took up the past few days.
I'm going to have to go with Dariush on this one, what's with that bandwagon there Book?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2012, 12:18:26 pm »

Tell me, how have I been evading your questions? From what I've seen, you're the one being accused of evading questions by giving vague answers.
Also, yes, the skeleton is an unknown variable. Would you want a potential threat to just lie around for the rest of the game?
Oh, and if you don't want to volunteer, don't volunteer at all.
Bandwagon me for bandwagonning.
OC is original content. I've bolded the parts that have been said before.

Mod: votecount?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2012, 12:36:31 pm »

The Tally Sheet
Bookthras: Dariush, Org
Deathsword: Hapah, IronyOwl, Tiruin
Org: Toaster
Tiruin: Bookthras, Deathsword, Jim Groovester, zombie urist

You have until ~5pm Pacific Today to decide who will use the Skull.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »

Org:
Org because he hasn't done a thing.
Yes, you are right. Unvote.
I've been having trouble with a certain IRL thing that took up the past few days.
I'm going to have to go with Dariush on this one, what's with that bandwagon there Book?

Parroting someone isn't the best way to impress others with your activity.

ZU:  Hapah seems a bit on edge and jumpy- example I noted.  Book is on my watch list for his extreme inconsistency with Jim. 
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31