Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86327 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - The Trials have Begun
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2012, 12:38:34 am »

Mod: Votecount?

Also, just because I volunteered (IC, you can see the contradiction in the same sentence) is why you want me, exactly, to test it out while you fervently go after vote > Skeleton? Second-in-line-for-votes seems to be the one to manipulate the skeleton.

I want you to do it because I think you're scum and want you dead. That you volunteered makes it all the better for me. If there's any danger involved, better someone I think is scum than anyone else, right?

I was referring to his not questioning the statue but attacking my questioning.

Hey, guy, I think your questions to other players are useless and scummy. You can talk to the Statue all you want.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2012, 01:08:48 am »

The Vote Tally
Dariush: Bookthras
IronyOwl: Dariush, Org
Org: zombie urist
Skeleton: Deathsword, Jim Groovester, Shakerag

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2012, 01:23:05 am »

Yeah.  Useless question, ahoy. Let's not question everything else, like the circumstances of the skeleton and judgement, but focus on how useless my questions are.
Deflection.
I was referring to his not questioning the statue but attacking my questioning.
Feeling guilty there, ZU? Who are your picks and basically, no response to the one you voted? Keeping it on Org like that.
And...did you just compliment Jim's necromancy point without anything else to add?
Still deflection. And also, the second part is also deflection.
Tiruin for deflection and asking useless questions.
Org for not scumhunting.
Yeah I dunno. Maybe someone should res him so we could question him? Maybe we should destroy him so no SK necromancers could res him? I don't know. It's a possibility I haven't considered before. However now I'm pretty sure voting the skelly does nothing since he was already judged.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2012, 02:16:03 am »

Yeah I dunno. Maybe someone should res him so we could question him? Maybe we should destroy him so no SK necromancers could res him? I don't know. It's a possibility I haven't considered before. However now I'm pretty sure voting the skelly does nothing since he was already judged.
So wait, Jim mentioned the possibility of necromancy and you immediatly decided that there is a necromant. And why do you care about SK necromants (which is a strange concept in itself) ressing our skeleton, anyway? Jimbots strike again? Or do you know something we don't, ZU?

The Vote Tally
It's the other way around. I'm voting Book and IO is voting me.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2012, 02:53:44 am »

Meph:
The Vote Tally
I voted Orb#3, which in this votecount seemed to be an unvote. I've not voted Dariush. Is this an error, or is there some vote weirdness going on?

Hmmm... Meph: Book looks around at the Orbs, and numbers them #1, #2, #3, #4, starting with the closest to the Statue's left arm and moving clockwise. Which Orb is the Skeleton closest to? Vote Orb #3. Votecount, please.
The Skeleton is next to Orb #2.
Book notices the skeleton position close to Orb #2, and addresses the Statue: "if this skeleton is selected for judgement, will it activate Orb #2, or a different Orb?"
Meph: at the end of day one, will Orb #1 will be activated? Or will Orb #2 be it? Can we change this selection in any way? Is there a way for us to choose Orb #4 to be activated at the end of D1?

Deathsword:
I think the skeleton might be the key to solving the puzzle since it can be voted, and thus lynched. I do not think there is anything to lose by making the skeleton touch the orb.
Tiruin:See answer above.
Hapah: Same thing. I think the skeleton is part of the puzzle.[...]
The other hypotesis, whomever makes the skeleton touch the orb dies, doens't leave much to speculate on.
Do you or do you not expect whoever makes the skeleton touch the orb to die?

Still haven't answered the very basic question: who should be lynched today and why?
Still not a single original thought. I continue to vote Deathsword until he can rub two neurons together to conjure a synapse. Also: are you avoiding Org? If not, please say your opinion on him and ask him a question.

Shakerag:
We can vote.  For something in the flavor.[...]
Bastard Paranormal 1 - No one figured out the mechanics, scum won.
Bastard Paranormal 2 - I was scum, and used the mechanics to scum victory.
Yeah, sure, but there was more than voting involved in both. BP1, you were supposed to find the hidden scum; BP2, you were supposed to find the other hidden scum. Where do you think the hidden scum is hiding now, or do you think the skeleton is scum, or how do you think voting it will out the hidden scum? Do you think it possible that the hidden scum is voting skeleton as an easy scapegoat?

Jim:
I don't know what the next step is because I don't know what voting the fucking skeleton is going to do. If it does nothing, whatever. If it does something, cool, ask me the question again. If the skeleton stands up and does a jig and pulls a 6-pack out of his rib cage, even better.

But I don't know what's going to happen until the skeleton gets fucking lynched.
But it can only be lynched if people vote skeleton instead of scum. Do you think people should not vote for whoever they think is scummiest? Should they vote skeleton instead?

Mephansteras never said for certain that the person second highest in votes would be the one to help the skeleton activate the Orb, he merely presented it as one option, so I think it's ultimately up to us how we decide who helps the skeleton along. I say Tiruin do it, because he already volunteered. And I think he's scum, so if the Orb fries him, I get everything I want out of Day 1.
This is extremely disingenuous. Yes, Meph left open the option of a volunteer, who is very likely to die doing it. Do you really think a scum is going to do that? (say if you do). If no volunteers, then Meph clearly has stated that the second-most voted will be it (lynched/activate it/puppet the skeleton to activate it). Whoever has move votes (non-skeleton) can do that too. So, the second-most voted after skeleton will be (effectively) lynched... therefore voting skeleton is failing to vote for whoever is scummiest.

Who do you think should be lynched today and why? If your choice was between Skeleton or that person actually being lynched, who would you choose and why?

Since it bears repeating, the skeleton is the only flavor exploration that actually did anything. I don't know why so many of you are shitting on the only thing that showed any results.
I think you got sort of a hard-on about your half-assed exploration actually hitting gold, and that's why you won't regard it objectively. Yeah, it's good, but it's not so good that people should vote it instead of scum!

Toaster:
I still disagree that it was wasted time in the first place- it's not like he did it exclusively.
Give it up. At the time, I thought he was not sincere, so I questioned it. Shouldn't I have? At this point I have to wonder what you have to gain from bringing it up again. Are you trying to make a big deal of it so people battle about it rather than focus on your very limited, lurky, noncommittal contributions so far?

Would you vote skeleton? Who should be lynched and why? What do you think of Hapah, Deathsword and Tiruin? less than 24hrs from day end, why aren't you voting?

Summary: Deathsword is scummiest for lack of hunting and jumping on others' arguments without an original thought, as scum would try to do D1; Tiruin is being suspiciously addle-minded; Jim is scummy for his love affair with the skeleton; Org, Toaster & Shakerag are suspect for being (active)lurky noncommittal non-opinion scum.

All those bolded above: who do you think should be lynched and why? What would your second choice be?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2012, 03:02:14 am »

Meph: Extension requested again, and updated vote count, please.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2012, 04:59:05 am »

The Vote Tally
Org: zombie urist

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

I see that Tiruin is voting Deathsword in this post and hasn't changed it yet as far as I can tell.

3 AM, need sleep, have school.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2012, 09:47:36 am »

Hapah:
Quote from: Toaster
Hapah:  What value do you expect from judging a dead player?  Do you think their judgement would change?

(That said, it's probably a good idea to see if they are valid vote targets.)
I don't think their Judgment would change, no. But there's probably some sort of NK floating around, yeah?

I assume there is.  Does your team have one?

Dariush:
So wait, Jim mentioned the possibility of necromancy and you immediatly decided that there is a necromant. And why do you care about SK necromants (which is a strange concept in itself) ressing our skeleton, anyway? Jimbots strike again? Or do you know something we don't, ZU?

Actually, the only necromancer (as opposed to priest) I can recall from Supernatural was, indeed, a SK, so this is a totally fair assumption.

Book:
Toaster:
I still disagree that it was wasted time in the first place- it's not like he did it exclusively.
Give it up. At the time, I thought he was not sincere, so I questioned it. Shouldn't I have? At this point I have to wonder what you have to gain from bringing it up again. Are you trying to make a big deal of it so people battle about it rather than focus on your very limited, lurky, noncommittal contributions so far?

Would you vote skeleton? Who should be lynched and why? What do you think of Hapah, Deathsword and Tiruin? less than 24hrs from day end, why aren't you voting?

I'm still on it because it was out of character from you and inconsistent, which is worthy of attention.  I suppose this line of questioning isn't going anywhere, but I'm still keeping an eye on you.

Only if I thought it was a good idea- right now I don't think it is (but not so much as to find people who are voting it scummy.) 

Hapah:  Notably lost track of a question he asked me, which is a sign he didn't really care about it in the first place.  Possibly delaying hunting by futzing around with the skeleton.  Watchworthy.

Deathsword:  He's trying to solve the puzzle.  Otherwise, he is going through the motions like he doesn't fully grasp their meaning and intent.  I read newbie.

Tiruin:  Not much to note- fine as far as I can tell.  His dispute with Jim is dumb on both sides.

I wasn't voting because my time's been limited lately, and Mafia has been getting the short stick repeatedly.  The person currently most voteworthy is...

Org:  Do you intend to actually hunt scum at any point?  All you've done of note is put an extremely fake vote on Irony.

Hapah:  How much time do you intend to spend dancing with the skeleton before you get around to drawing a conclusion? 
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2012, 10:11:07 am »

Book:
Deathsword:
I think the skeleton might be the key to solving the puzzle since it can be voted, and thus lynched. I do not think there is anything to lose by making the skeleton touch the orb.
Tiruin:See answer above.
Hapah: Same thing. I think the skeleton is part of the puzzle.[...]
The other hypotesis, whomever makes the skeleton touch the orb dies, doens't leave much to speculate on.
Do you or do you not expect whoever makes the skeleton touch the orb to die?

Still haven't answered the very basic question: who should be lynched today and why?
Still not a single original thought. I continue to vote Deathsword until he can rub two neurons together to conjure a synapse. Also: are you avoiding Org? If not, please say your opinion on him and ask him a question.
Who should be lynched? As I said before, the fucking skeleton. Why? Because it's a dead guy and we can vote him. Now you are going to say I'm parroting again, but whatever. I do not know what'll happen to whomever handles the skeleton. The only way to find out is by doing it. Don't you want to find out? Or do you already know what'll happen? If you do, please do tell us.

Also, about the Org question, take a look at this:
Org:
IronyOwl and Deathsword, what are your thoughts on the Skeleton?

Now for the question to get it out of the way: What do you think will occur if the skeleton is lynched and the person making the skeleton touch the orb doesn't die?
Totally not a question to Org.

Everyone who is voting the skelly, who are your second picks?
Dariush for over-reacting whenever someone asks him a question and Book for falsely accusing me of not fulfilling his question-asking demands and being strangely opposed to seeing what'll happen with a skeleton-lynch.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2012, 10:31:32 am »

You know, I hate it when people outright ignore what I'm asking them. Deathsword and zombie urist, precisely.

Meph: Jim points out that I am voting Deathsword, unless I somehow lost my vote or something.

So let me address this first:
Hey, guy, I think your questions to other players are useless and scummy. You can talk to the Statue all you want.
Tiruin is being suspiciously addle-minded
bluh bluh...
Tiruin for deflection and asking useless questions.

So first thought, I was thinking only Jim was being suspicious of my from his viewpoint, but it seems the opinion stands that I'm being generally stupid. What do you (except Jim) find useless about my questions? All I try to do is ask on that statue, it's correlation with the skeleton, and ideas about the post-mortem facts on the skeleton and what not. Book, how?

zombie urist for one, needs to start explaining what is useless to him, and why I seem to be deflecting aside from my explanation. You seem to be parroting off Jim and forgetting to answer my own question to you that is totally relevant, not hand-waving it off as useless, Mr. Scumbag.

Wut.

SK Necromancers? What gave you that idea? And exactly why you chose necromancer in relation to a Serial Killer type?

Anyway, Toaster, so SKs can have a different role other than what is listed on the OP?

Alright statue, despite what these people say, do we have a choice in picking the orb of judgement or does it matter at all?

Do all orbs carry the same type of judgement, or is the orb effect the same in general?

. . .

Also, what happens after all four orbs are done with the judgement? Is there a case wherein people with the same number of votes on them are judged at the same time?

Again, is an orb exclusively for a single candidate per day?

@Bookthras: First comes to mind is Deathsword, followed by ZU for his...quick shift in vote to me, ignoring Org (who was his previous target) without pressing him after he replied, then Jim. Though, Jim seems to be hugging the notion of the skeleton's usage well. It seems like an external variable in the puzzle, therefore it goes last until we see some action done (meaning reconsidering it after N1)

Lastly, Deathsword. For one who really wants to lynch the dead, I wonder why you vote him just because. Does that skeleton look scummy to you, or do you want to solve the fact that the skeleton can be voted in the first place?

[...]I do not know what'll happen to whomever handles the skeleton. The only way to find out is by doing it. Don't you want to find out? Or do you already know what'll happen? If you do, please do tell us.
Next...you volunteer to do it then, judging by the second sentence in the quote?

@Jim: I did volunteer, but as an aside, I also stated reluctance both IC.

Meph: How do you determine the one to use the skeleton? Which over the other: Second-in-votes, or a willing volunteer? Or something else?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2012, 10:47:10 am »

Tiruin:
Lastly, Deathsword. For one who really wants to lynch the dead, I wonder why you vote him just because. Does that skeleton look scummy to you, or do you want to solve the fact that the skeleton can be voted in the first place?
I want to know what the skeleton has to do with the puzzle, since, after all, it can be voted. The only way to know is, surprise, lynching it.

[...]I do not know what'll happen to whomever handles the skeleton. The only way to find out is by doing it. Don't you want to find out? Or do you already know what'll happen? If you do, please do tell us.
Next...you volunteer to do it then, judging by the second sentence in the quote?

If I had volunteered, I'd have stated it outright.

You say it's best to deal with the skeleton in D2, but what guarantee do we have that on D2 you won't go and say: "Oh hey, let's leave the skeleton for D3 instead." Are you trying to simply keep delaying dealing with the skeleton forever?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2012, 10:56:43 am »

pfp. "are you the skeleton?" pretty useless question to me. sk necromancer was in super3.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2012, 11:05:56 am »

Tiruin:
SK Necromancers? What gave you that idea? And exactly why you chose necromancer in relation to a Serial Killer type?

Anyway, Toaster, so SKs can have a different role other than what is listed on the OP?

...Where are you seeing a list of SK roles?

ZU:
pfp. "are you the skeleton?" pretty useless question to me. sk necromancer was in super3.

Is there an echo in here?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2012, 11:28:04 am »

The Tally Sheet
Bookthras: Dariush
Dariush: IronyOwl
Deathsword: Bookthras, Tiruin
IronyOwl: Org
Org: Toaster
Tiruin: zombie urist

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There is 1 Vote to Extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday. 3 Votes total needed to Extend.

Sorry about the votecount issues. This home/work split of my game accounting messed me up, apparently. I'll have to make sure I'm more careful about that in the future.

The Statue Speaks "There are Four Orbs. One shall be Activated each Day. Instructions to the one to Activate the Orb shall happen when that one is chosen."
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2012, 11:47:49 am »

You say it's best to deal with the skeleton in D2, but what guarantee do we have that on D2 you won't go and say: "Oh hey, let's leave the skeleton for D3 instead." Are you trying to simply keep delaying dealing with the skeleton forever?
The skeleton is an inert object, I doubt it could just go up and live or act without outside manipulation. And no, I'm not delaying on dealing with the skeleton but the reasoning stands, Meph stated that the skeleton will be used as a lynch//judgement device thing with someone to utilize it. Thanks for assuming while evading my question again or seeing what I just stated on the skeleton in my previous posts, that's really kind of you.

...You did see that I stated it was half of my real post? I usually put those in but also put in relevant questions along with it which was the second thing in that darned post.

And, that's it?

Tiruin:

...Where are you seeing a list of SK roles?
There's an actual list somewhere? Link please. I'm just wondering how there is a necromancer as there is no role in the OP, then and now so I'm wondering on that point.

...How'd you conclude that I'm seeing a list of SK roles?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31