Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86341 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - The Trials have Begun
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2012, 11:14:31 am »

The Tally Sheet
Bookthras: Dariush
Dariush: IronyOwl, Tiruin
IronyOwl: Org
Org: zombie urist
Skeleton: Deathsword, Jim Groovester, Shakerag

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There is 1 Vote to Extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Monday. 3 Votes total needed to Extend.

Hmmm... Meph: Book looks around at the Orbs, and numbers them #1, #2, #3, #4, starting with the closest to the Statue's left arm and moving clockwise. Which Orb is the Skeleton closest to? Vote Orb #3. Votecount, please.

The Skeleton is next to Orb #2.

Orbs are not valid lynch Targets.

Meph: one more: if two players are tied with most votes at the end of day, is there a nolynch? do both activate the orb? one orb or two? or is one of them somehow selected? Does this answer change if the skeleton has majority votes and two players are tied for second place?

You do not know.

Statue: How do we Activate the Orbs?

Meph: Is anything else a valid vote target? Would My Left Shoe show up in the votecount?

The Statue Speaks "When you have chosen who will activate the Orb then I shall give them their Instructions."
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2012, 11:27:38 am »

Also, you didn't answer my question about why Tiruin's vote of the statue is beneath your notice, despite claiming otherwise.
It wasn't, I noticed it just fine.
Are you intentionally being an idiot? Moreso than usual, I mean. You didn't answer my question, you lied about answering it, now you intentionally missed the point and you're being a hypocrite by making a dumbfuckstupid vote for an orb (even though the rules specifically say that the lynch target will touch the orb) after accusing Jim of doing so.

Also extend.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2012, 11:40:50 am »

Org:
IronyOwl and Deathsword, what are your thoughts on the Skeleton?

I think the skeleton might be the key to solving the puzzle since it can be voted, and thus lynched. I do not think there is anything to lose by making the skeleton touch the orb.

Now for the question to get it out of the way: What do you think will occur if the skeleton is lynched and the person making the skeleton touch the orb doesn't die?

Tiruin:
So you point out that Book's complaining about the Skeleton and Mine on the surrounding details, then continue to vote the skeleton...Um, why? I'm seeing that skeleton as a no-lynch option (and if not, I'm making it touch that orb anyway) so why do you want to see the skeleton dead other than anyone here primarily?
See answer above.

Hapah: Same thing. I think the skeleton is part of the puzzle.

That said, a question for you: What do you think will happen when all orbs have been used (if they even can be used)?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2012, 11:48:04 am »

Sorry, all.  RL has been busier lately than normal, so I've been more lax than I'd like to be across all games.  I am trying to keep up and post when possible.

DS, Jim, Shake: Especially you three. Can you make a case for keeping your vote on the skeleton?
I think Jim put it best, frankly.  We can vote.  For something in the flavor.  Why is hardly anyone catching on to the significance of this?  Exactly how often does such a thing happen?  I'll grant that there may be a small chance it's a red herring, but I stand by my belief that this is a (semi) bastard game, so figuring out the mechanics is integral to winning. 

Bastard Paranormal 1 - No one figured out the mechanics, scum won.
Bastard Paranormal 2 - I was scum, and used the mechanics to scum victory.

So, yes, I'm voting for the skeleton today.  And I'm going to continue to do so because I don't want the scum to steamroll the town again because we were all too afraid to try something different which could lead to us figuring out the bastardness of the game.

zombie urist:  A bandwagon?  On the skeleton?  Seriously? 

A development!  Statue responds!

Statue:  What defines majesty?  What kind of sacrifice would find one worthy?  What happened to the person who is now a skeleton here?  By what standard is the orb activator being judged by?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2012, 12:17:33 pm »

Statue: Can the Dead be Judged? What happens if the Dead are Judged?

-----

I wonder if we can judge dead people and bring them back to life or something?

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2012, 12:30:54 pm »

Now for the question to get it out of the way: What do you think will occur if the skeleton is lynched and the person making the skeleton touch the orb doesn't die?
Am I correctly understanding that you are expecting the person who uses the skeleton to die?

I wonder if we can judge dead people and bring them back to life or something?
That's... really far-fetched. Why do you think that may happen?

Bastard Paranormal 1 - No one figured out the mechanics, scum won.
Wrong. I figured out the mechanics, but by the time of that game I was playing too badly to use that to my advantage. >_> Also, thanks to my noobishness, no blood was spilled. :D

Also, that reminds me. IO, Tiruin. If the extension doesn't go through, the day ends in several hours. Can you please reiterate your cases on me, which currently look to me like, respectively, 'wrong usage of the word 'survivor'' and 'nothing at all'?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2012, 12:51:49 pm »

PFP

Dar: The fact that we can apparently lynch the dead at all is nuts. I want to hear the statue's reply to my last question.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2012, 01:28:16 pm »

Am I correctly understanding that you are expecting the person who uses the skeleton to die?
You misunderstood. It's a hypotetical situation. The other hypotesis, whomever makes the skeleton touch the orb dies, doens't leave much to speculate on.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2012, 02:05:05 pm »

Extend because I'm not going to be able to contribute anything meaningful until tonight.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2012, 03:11:09 pm »

Extend, didn't think I'd be filled with this much busy-ness. Sorry if this post seems bungled up, early morning working on another literary project that I was informed of...very lately.

unvote also, upon re-read, seeing how Dariush said his statement (that survivor thing), it makes better sense in the way he stated it other than seeming to know more information.

Jim, Shakerag: One question, why not try to save the Skeleton for tomorrow? The current standing obstacle are four orbs. Four days with the use of one orb each day. I don't think Meph said that the same orb can be used twice or something.
You shall confer amongst yourselves, and one of you shall be selected to Activate an Orb. That one shall be Judged."

Now if we select the skeleton, someone should still utilize it to activate the orb...refer @spoiler below to what speculation I have on it.

ZU: Umm, why are you concerned about bandwagoning an NPC? Does it play a vital role for you or did you just mess up your wording there?
And on that note (speculation in advance, trying to think rationally here):
I think he wants to see someone alive getting lynched other than the skeleton-who-seems-to-do-absolutely-nothing-or-act-as-a-channeling rod type.

Spoiler: Whuh? Channeling rod?! (click to show/hide)

Hey statue! You're speaking, eh? You're not speaking to me though. By what kind of measure will you judge the person who utilizes those orbs?

Will there be any difference between orbs, or are they all the same? Will the toucher-of-orbs be judged on the spot at the moment of touching? If we pile up our votes on that long dead cadaver over yonder mound, will the person to utilize it be chosen perfectly voluntarily?

In accordance to my companion's question. Can the undead be judged? Can the spirits be judged? Can those who have already been judged, be judged again? Can those who aren't human be judged? And excuse my trespass on total question limit, but is judgement limited to specie, gender or race at all?

@Jim: Tiruin is stupid post. Part of the question asked (@ZU) was standard RVS, part joke-type. Know that this is practically my first Bastard game which I can comprehend fully and one where the puzzle stimulates much thought. Now, you've a vote on that skeleton because...it can be voted? Hmm. Well, since you're the pioneer of skeleton-voting, why aren't you pressing your target for information, or the secondary target [statue//Mod-related] for answers? Seemed like you were just goading me there for...giving off questions.

Quote from: What we know
Meph cannot be voted.
The Statue cannot be voted.
Them four orbs can be voted

Each one of us present can be voted.
The Upper-torso Skeleton with Shimmering stuff that seems to be it's lower body can be voted.

Tentative:
Judgement of the dead.
Judgement of those who are already dead.
Judgement of anything else but humans//vice versa
Usage of the same orb more than once.
What would happen after four days.

DS:
-snip-
You ask for more speculation on what people think would happen on skeleton-lynch when you're the one putting the vote on the skeleton?

Also, key to what now? We have four days of trials. That dude got half his bloody body 'judged', or so it seems.

If the skeleton seems to be the key in your eyes, and essential to the puzzle, why use it now when other danger variables could be eliminated?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2012, 03:49:09 pm »

The Tally Sheet
Bookthras: Dariush
Dariush: IronyOwl
IronyOwl: Org
Org: zombie urist
Skeleton: Deathsword, Jim Groovester, Shakerag

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Monday.

The statue move a hand, and gestures to the four Orbs that flank it.

"All those who wish to leave this Room will be Judged."

"These Orbs shall test you. The Trial shall last 4 Days, and on each day One Orb may be used. You shall confer amongst yourselves, and one of you shall be selected to Activate an Orb. That one shall be Judged."

"Only one of true Majesty will be allowed to pass into the Tomb."

The statue falls silent once again.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2012, 05:53:44 pm »

DEATHSWORD:
Deathsword:
Toaster and Bookthras: I do not currently have a real suspect (as in: enough to warrant a vote), but from what I've gathered, Book tends to consider experimentation in bastards importat, yet he attacks Jim for voting the skeleton while completly ignoring Tiruin voting the statue. This seems a bit strange. Book, why complain about Jim's vote and not Tiruin's?

That said, I'm very curious to see what happens when The Skeleton touches the orb. I guess whomever has the most votes (skeleton aside) should be the one to make it's hand touch the orb.
Meph didn't say specifically that the one with the most votes will be the one to make the skeleton touch it. He also suggested that someone may volunteer to handle the skeleton even if they are not about to be lynched. I was simply stating my opinion that I think it's best if whomever has the most votes should handle the skeleton.
Why are you so lazy?

You have no suspicions and no intention of scumhunting, and your only contributions are a verbatim parrot of someone else's already answered questions and suggesting whoever we lynch should use the skeleton. Did you completely miss Bookthras' answers (both times), or were they unsatisfactory in some way? Did you know you were asking exactly what someone else asked at the time?

Also, doesn't it seem extremely lazy and passive to vote for "whoever we decide as scum should use the skeleton" rather than, you know, an actual target?
In addition to this, I want to know why you missed it the first time. Did you skip over my post entirely? How much attention are you paying to this game?

Org:
Org:
IronyOwl and Deathsword, what are your thoughts on the Skeleton?
Tentatively think it's a waste of time; I sort of doubt touching an orb with it will be any different from just touching it yourself. Also, thinking about this has given me a thought.

In the meantime though, why aren't you scumhunting more? You've been fairly free with bastard speculation, but I haven't really seen any suspects out of you yet.
I spontaneously made up that theory.
My vote was for Irony to make sure he answered the question.
I'm not sure yet on the last bit, because I'm not sure to the full extent of what happens to somewhen after they are Judged.
So you voted me to make sure I answered, then didn't bother reading said answer enough to notice there was a question in there for you?

Jim:
It shows up in the fucking votecount!

Something from the flavor environment shows up in the votecount. This is unprecedented in a Meph game and especially in a bastard Meph game.

Why aren't any of you more interested in seeing what happens?

Do any of you have any reason not to vote for it that isn't just speculation? Anyone? Anyone?

Huh. Because you know what isn't speculation? That it shows up in the vote count. You know. Something that's never happened before.
When? When do we see what happens? When enough people vote it? When someone votes it for long enough? When it's lynched? Meph has said somebody will need to touch it to the orb if it's lynched anyway, and I believe he's said that whoever's lynched can choose to touch it with the skelly as well, so it seems unlikely that it'll do anything except lynch the toucher. Do you have any reason to vote it that isn't speculation?

Also, isn't flavor working at all unprecedented? I didn't notice any in the last bastard Para. Why not focus on conjuring shoes for ourselves or examining the environment more?

Bookthras I think answered satisfactorily about jumping on you for the skeleton but not Tiruin for the statue. My read on him is fairly neutral otherwise.

So Bookthras oddly opposing experimentation in a bastard game isn't cause for concern for you at all?
It was, but he seems to have explained it well; he thought you, specifically, were being lazy in that instance, specifically. See DS for a more valid example.

Dariush:
No, we were not exposed and no, it wouldn't be like saying that. Where did you even get that from? I explained what I meant by 'survivors' in detail in my previoud post.
Why not? This guy probably died of more or less being lynched, didn't he? So wouldn't it be exactly like that?

I wanted to contrast the fact that we survived until now with the fact that this guy didn't. So, 'everyone else who isn't this guy take this guy and touches the orb with his hand instead of somehow making him touch the orb on his own'.
But okay, let's use your more elaborate quote.

Why? Why did you want to contrast the fact that we're alive and he isn't? What made that significant and important in your mind?

Also, something occurred to me regarding "Majesty." Supposing it's vote-related? Having everyone or no one in the game voting for you could arguably be fairly Majestic, right?
No. I don't see how that would be majestic.
Well, Majestic more or less means "King-like," right? Having the unanimous support of your people or being above reproach could mean that.

That said, I'm beginning to think that's unlikely.

Examine Bookthras' orb. Pull out my statuette and examine it. Examine the statue's face with more scrutiny.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2012, 06:13:24 pm »

Examine Bookthras' orb. Pull out my statuette and examine it. Examine the statue's face with more scrutiny.

His orb is small and looks to be made of silver. It is dented and a little tarnished.

Your favorite statuette! It's ivory and depicts the Lady of the Moon lifting her hands to the sky. It is much newer than anything that was in this room when you got here. You got it at a festival a few years ago.

The Statue's face is quite stoic. The stone does not look particularly weathered or effected by time.
Come play Mafia with us!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2012, 06:37:37 pm »

IO: I thought your questions were rhetorical. Since apparently they are not, I'll try to answer them: With this many players, it's impossible for more than one person not to think the same thing. Would you have preferred if I stayed completely silent because someone said what I wanted to say already? Also, how can we know if there is even a scum team on a bastard game?

Tiruin: How can you know the dead can't be judged?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2012, 06:59:25 pm »

Yes.

Well, Majestic more or less means "King-like," right? Having the unanimous support of your people or being above reproach could mean that.
That said, I'm beginning to think that's unlikely.
Maybe having unanimous support. Having no votes is too common to be majestic.

Hmm... what if there's a kingmaker type role? And if the "kinged" guy touches the orbs he wins?

Quote from: What we know
Meph cannot be voted.
The Statue cannot be voted.
Them four orbs can NOT be voted

Each one of us present can be voted.
The Upper-torso Skeleton with Shimmering stuff that seems to be it's lower body can be voted.
Tentative:
Judgement of the dead.
Judgement of those who are already dead.
Judgement of anything else but humans//vice versa
Usage of the same orb more than once.
What would happen after four days.
Fixd
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31