Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 33958 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Smiling as he felt his abilities grow, Thale got back to moving towards wherever he had to head to. Even without a set direction, he felt better, stronger and more capable than before. Either those were old skills flowing back into him or new ones being developed on the fly, he didn't know.

And he didn't mind not knowing. 

Remains of the last wave of blurred memories still hit his head now and then, mostly fragments of sounds and yelling, as well as the constant advising he had heard as his life slipped through his fingers.

Now that he was feeling better, though, it could be about time to check on the damage his equipment had suffered. While the mirror shield seemed flawless, the chainmail seemed to have received damage from the kitsune's brutal attack..

Keep walking, check the damage caused upon the armor and check for a way of fixing it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Speaking of mirror shields... why did I get a mirror shield identical to the one that Caellath has? Did I roll a five too? Did you mess up? Or do kite shield manufacturers only produce kite shields with mirrors?

I'm not complaining, just curious.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@Tarran: I imagine it was a mistake. Thale's mirror shield doesn't have a penalty to dodge and it also has a mysterious property.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

((@Tarran: I imagine it was a mistake. Thale's mirror shield doesn't have a penalty to dodge and it also has a mysterious property.))

Yes. You can call me Doctor Derp because I'm great at making mistakes. :P
Was using it as a template and failed to change the name.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

((Asdfgh, stop making me double post.  :())

Turn 11

The neko runs off behind a large tree, looking around herself to make sure the coast is clear, before changing into her Magical Flower Armorpiece.
After putting on her armor, Sunbeam returns to where the Demon-Angel landed.

(AS) After all this time you have spent since you have woken up in the wooden room, you just now realize that ripping your clothes of back then has, in fact, left you naked. Quickly running behind a tree and using the brush around it as cover, you begin to equip your new set of flower armor. After wearing the shorts and the jacket, you put on the hat and as soon as the set is complete, you start to feel invigorated, a sense of calmness and peace seemingly emanating from the flower armor. As you step back out into the clearing, the sun shining onto you appears to intensify the feeling, and as you enjoy the feeling, you barely even notice Lyri and Sigarial leave.

Knock on the door.

(2) Making your way over to the trunk, you notice a distinct lack of other houses. In fact, it seems that this is the only building in the entire area. You walk over to the door and knock on it. After waiting for a few seconds, you knock again, this time a bit harder. For about half a minute you repeat this process, mixing in the crossing of your arms and tapping your foot in an impatient manner. No answer is heard from the inside and, walking around the house, all the "windows" consist of two small doors on hinges, hanging on the outside of the house, which seem to be locked from the inside as well. You can still see the smoke rising out of the little cylinder on top of the house, but it seems like nobody is home.

Keep chopping! Maybe I can find a way into that...building...thing.

(5+1) You slash your way through the woods, expertly cutting through the thicket blocking your way. Emerging from the woods into the small area in front of the building, you notice that the ground seems to seamlessly pass from grass to stone bricks, creating the path leading to the entrance. Small columns made from several stone blocks piled on top of each other line the walkway, appearing to have been used as light sources according to the burn marks and ashes on top of them. As you walk down this path, you see that the giant head resembles some kind of a skull, though it still seems quite malformed in comparison to a standard human skull. Inside the mouth are two large stone doors, looking quite heavy, but knowing your strength you decide to give it a shot anyways. You step up in front of the gateway, slam your axe into the ground next to you, spit in your hands and then rub them in anticipation of this task. Putting one hand on each door, you ram your feet into the ground and push forward with all your might. The extreme weight of the doors gives even you troubles (1) and even after exerting all of your power upon the gates, they wouldn't move one inch. These things are more massive than you had anticipated, so you decide to attempt a different tactic. Completely ignoring all the warning lights in your brain that are telling you that what you are about to is a stupid idea, you go ahead and do it anyways. Walking back down the path until you reach its start, you turn to the doors. You half-kneel forward with your hands on the ground, waiting for the signal. Ready ... set ... GO! With the speed of a professional sprinter, you run towards the gate with all your might. Within a few seconds you reach the door, throwing your left shoulder forward and shielding your head with your arm. As you ram into the door, (1) all you hear is the sickening sound of cracking bones as the door does not move a single inch. (1) Smashing into the rock wall at full speed, your left arm is crushed between your body and the cold rock, dislocating the shoulder and fracturing your humerus. The impact also breaks both, your ulna and your radius, shattering the ulna into bone splinters in your arm and causing the radius to break the skin and stick out of your arm from a gaping wound. You immediately fall over from the pain, clinging at your left arm. That looks like it hurt, a lot.
Malfliction received: Left Arm: (Humerus: Transverse Fracture Ulna: Comminuted Fracture Radius: Compound Fracture) Left Shoulder: Dislocated

Lyri related to the two what she saw earlier from Derm's help and her own ventures.
Track Thale! Go in that general direction of where he is!

(4) You quickly relate information about the surrounding area and some things about what has happened so far on your journey to your new comrade while Sun seems to be doing something else. After a few minutes of explaining, you cut your story short as you notice that Thale's scent seems to be leaving the range of your senses, so after giving Sigarial a quick rundown, you start sprinting toward Thale, following your nose on the way there. After a short time of jumping around the tree-tops with your flash-step like some kind of anime ninja, you see him up ahead. Jumping down from the branch you're standing on, you walk over next to him and watch him as he appears to be collecting something from the ground.

Follow Lyri.

(4) Attentively listening to the fox girl as she tells you of the things that had happened in the short time before you got here and about the current situation, you notice that she seems to be a bit jumpy as she seems to want to go somewhere. Suddenly she starts speeding up her story and cutting it extremely short and after "finishing" tells you that she has to catch up with someone. As she sprints off at an astonishing speed, you think that you might as well follow her as it can only be better than staying near the creepy cat-lady who has been standing in the clearing with a weird grin on her face for a while now. Using the terrain to your advantage and getting an extra boost from your wings, you manage to somewhat keep up with her. You arrive momentarily later, seeing Lyri stand next to who you assume is the dog man she had been talking about.

Channel the forces of necromancy and summon flames of pure shadow to shroud me and clear all in my path as I delve on ahead using my trusty stick to clear a way.

(5) You've had enough of all these motherfucking trees in this motherfucking forest. So you decide to simply burn your way through the thicket. Calling upon a combination of the powers of necromancy and some form of pyromancy, you attempt to conjure up some shadow fires. Drawing a circle around yourself in the ground with your stick, you then ram your trusty branch in the middle of it and stand next to it. Concentrating, you call upon the unholy presences in the jungle, causing a red pentagram to emerge from the ground below you, its corners touching the ring you drew. Slowly you feel darkness envelop you as the world blacks out around you. Dark souls start emerging from the surrounding area, floating towards you and collecting on top of the branch. Shadows of trees around you begin to pull themselves towards the circle. Soon a ball of absolute blackness materialized from the absorbed energies, floating a few inches above your stick. Emerging from your trance, you pull your arm back wards and, aiming your palm towards the ball, slam your bony hand into it. For a second nothing happens, but then a blue circle explodes outwards of the ball and the sphere explodes forwards, dousing the area ahead in flames that quickly burn an extremely wide path for you. The flames themselves are completely black, absorbing all light falling onto them. The fire also doesn't seem to go out, even when there is nothing left to burn, it still lingers ahead of you. The ball that the flaming explosion emerged from is still floating above the branch, but it does seem to be a tiny bit smaller. You grab the branch, pulling it out of the ground. As you hold it in hand, it becomes apparent that it allows you to exact some control over the fire as you use it to extinguish the left over flames by simply waving the stick. Still examining your enhanced wooden implement, you also notice the book that you keep in your robe move around. Taking it out, you now that the cover is now labeled as "Elror's Grimoire". You open it and see that there seems to actually be writing in it now:
"Simple Rituals:
Ancient Summoning of Spirits ~ Conjures a Corinus, a spirit sphere, from surrounding souls and shadows

Simple Spells:
Shade Blaze ~ Creates a blast of shadow flames proportional to the energy used up from a Corinus

The book appears to be a spell book cataloging the spells you have learned. The simple spells list also contains a few more spell names, however, they seem to be lacking descriptions. A sentence is written at the bottom of the first page, saying: "A collection of souls is only as strong as its wielder, those who know how to use it can harness its true power. -Elror A."
Equipment changed: Elror's Grimoire, Corinus Catalyst

Keep walking, check the damage caused upon the armor and check for a way of fixing it.

(1) After having strengthened your body for a while, the wounds on your chest sting for a moment, reminding you of your recent involuntary clash with the kitsune. Remembering that you simply bandaged your entire upper body without taking your armor off, you wonder how well it is doing. Deciding to check on it, you carefully undo the bandage and ... your chest armor falls to the ground in several pieces. The clothing has been completely ripped apart, you don't think that there's any way that you'll be able to fix this, especially not with the lack of tools that comes with being in a forest. Thinking that you may be able to find some that you could use to at least temporarily hold it together, you start picking up the pieces of your former armor when you are joined by the fox and an interesting looking fellow whom you don't remember seeing before.

-------

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

=======

Sigh, been playing too much LoL lately. Anyways, yay for horrible self-mutilation through terrible rolls.
Also, finally someone has started testing out the magic system a bit. Now I get to do the really cool (and Fun) stuff. :P
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 11: Dark Arts, Jungle Racing and Orc VS Doors)
« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2012, 11:27:40 pm »

Jesus christ Greenstar is unlucky.

"I suppose this is one of your friends?" Sigarial says, while looking at Thale. He also looked at the seriously damaged armor and clothing laying on the ground.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2012, 11:30:48 pm »

Open door and examine contents. Eat anyone inside.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2012, 12:12:59 am »

Jesus christ Greenstar is unlucky.

((My GOD am I!))

"Ow. God, DAMMIT that hurts!"

Barmot makes a mental note of the location and tries to find the guy who made that evil mini plant thing earlier. He seemed like he could heal somehow.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2012, 12:45:25 am »

Lyri approached the dog-man along with her Angel-ally. She moved slowly and silently, hoping not to scare him as she noted him check on his man chest.

"Inu-san, it's Lyri. Came to check on you from earlier...Met one of the Tenshi just like Sariel." While waiting for Thale to notice her, she replied to him, "Yes he is, I...hurt him earlier and want to make compensations."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2012, 01:03:31 am »

"Ah, I see." Sigarial nodded, semi-listening to what Lyri said. "Pleased to meet you sir. I am Sigarial, and I've been sent by my father to help your group." Sigarial said, offering his hand to Thale for a handshake.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2012, 01:30:14 am »

"Thale Stiehl." he answered Sigarial, stopping getting the pieces of his broken armor back together and shaking the hand of the stranger. The massive scars on his torso were now quite obvious after he took off the bloodied bandages and his armor had broken.

The newcomer still had the benefit of doubt. The angel-like creature hadn't done anything harmful nor denied help so far, and would be granted a blank slate in which to impress its behavior judging from what would happen in the future. Thale could have been hurt, but he would not be unfair.
>Yes?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 15, 2012, 02:11:46 am »

Sigarial let go of the dogman's hand and returned back to a neutral stance. After an awkward silence lasting a few seconds, Sigarial decided to break the silence. "...I see your armor has taken significant damage." Sigarial said, unsure of what else to say.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2012, 02:25:31 am »

"Yes, it had sustained heavy damage. It was the same attack that caused this." he said, pointing towards his torso, where the scars moved from his shoulder to around his opposite side's hip.

"The kitsune caused it somehow." Thale completed simply, shrugging as if it was a matter of fact and getting back to gathering the pieces of his broken armor. "Now I'm trying to get the pieces back together."
>Yes?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 15, 2012, 02:42:52 am »

"...She caused that?" Sigarial said, amazed and confused. How do teammates hurt another so badly?

He decided that it wasn't really important, judging by the dogman's reaction. So he quickly changed the subject. "So... what exactly is your team doing? How can I help?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 15, 2012, 06:32:38 am »

Lyri rocked on her heels as she listened on. It sounded like the canine -- now really known as Thale was still hurt. His tone said it all, or...perhaps he (yes, a he) was sad?

She was glad that Sigarial changed the subject.

"We're trying to find a keystone that Sariel is looking for in this world known as a Chaos Faction. I've seen different places that may hold it, much like the big tree in that direction. The Illithid...squid-man went in another direction but I'm pretty sure that he's heading to the big tree soon. I mean it went to the lake over there and...

"Thale, I'm...sorry for really hurting you earlier. Can't I help atone for my wrong?"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25