Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 33951 times)

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 9: Rocket Science, Kung Fu Dogman and Sonic The Fox)
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2012, 05:17:32 pm »

Turn 10

Use branch and begin using it to clear a way down the incline

(3) Remembering that you still have that large branch with you from back at the temple, you take it out from who-knows-where. Thinking that you might be able to get through the woven vines with this, you start making your way through the woods again, this time using the it as an improvised, headless axe. You slowly make your way down the hill, snapping through the branches (and small animals) blocking your path. Progress is slow and the openings you manage to make are barely enough for your bones to fit through. However, you something in the distance, but it may still take a while to get there with the speed you're going at.

Barmot gives up his search for herbs, and chops a path deeper into the forest, forging ahead in a random direction that could very well be the right way.

(2+1) Frustrated at the lack of things to enchant your axe with, you decide to put your weapon to use in another way. You turn your head, looking for a good entry way into the forest. Making your way over there, you pull back your mighty battleaxe and start chopping away at the vines ... only to have your axe bounce back. These things seem to be a lot more resilient than you originally expected. However, the sharp tool does come in handy and you soon find yourself getting a ways into the jungle. As you march over the fallen leaves, partially throwing tree trunks aside as need be, you see something in the distance that seems to be man-made.

Lyri called out to her allies on their position at the moment.

(4) Deciding to be helpful to your allies, you call out about your own position to your allies and then ask them to yell back. Using your animalistic senses, you wait for their responses with your extraordinary hearing and then, using some kind of fox-bat echolocation determine their exact location. After hearing two shouts, you wait and presume that no one else will answer. You quickly make your way up the tree again with your flash-step and, looking at the areas the voices came from, search for anything near them. From the area Barmot's voice emerged, you see a small clearing with something that seems to resemble a stone temple, the entrance looking like a large, deformed face of a human being, the eyes being replaced by what seems to be huge gemstones. You can't see what the skeleton is approaching as your view is blocked by some trees, so you get down again to report what you saw.

Head smokewards.

(4) Knowing that the locals might be able to be of some help, either as guides or brain-supplies, you start heading towards the rising smoke. Unlike your team-mates, you make steady progress through the woods, finding paths through the thick brushes and large vine entanglements. Even when there doesn't seem to be a way to get through, you manage to squeeze through small gaps as if you were a giant octopus. As you make your way into the forest, you hear the sounds of splashing water and you can see something sparkling in the distance. Presuming that you must be nearing the body of water, you continue on and soon find yourself at the end of the woods. Emerging from the thicket, you stand in front of the water, crashing onto the sand next to you. The fact that there's a beach and that you can't seem to see the end of the water, you assume that this is an large ocean. Off to the side, you see the smoke rising relatively close to you, a small hut seemingly made out of a tree trunk being the source.

Sunbeam puts a flower in her hair, and then starts creating "armor" for her team out of flowers.

(6) Flowers are so pretty, you can't believe how nice they are! Not wanting to waste this opportunity, you tuck a particularly nice one into your hair and, seeing that there are so many of them left, you decide to do your team a favor and make some armor for them. You sit up and start weaving the flowers together expertly, somehow managing to not rip them apart and creating a relatively stable material. After about half an hour, you make a full set of plant armor, including a short-sleeved jacket, some short pants and a cute boater hat. Glistening with little water drops on the flower pads that cover it, the set is somehow solid enough to not only deflect blows, but also seems to be giving off live energy as if from the very forest itself. However, your little construction seems to have used up all the flowers in the clearing, leaving you with only one set.
Equipment gained: Flower Armor Set

Keep moving down the path. Examine the possibility of moving with more agility.

(5) Deciding that you might as well continue your training in martial arts, you decide that being more resilient is nice and all, but you'll have to be able to dodge and attack quickly as well. With this in mind, you head into the jungle, hoping to find a way to improve your agility on the way. As you walk through the woods, you spot a four-legged creature almost as tall as you. It lifts its head and, upon wittering your scent, starts running away. Seeing your opportunity, you once again clear your mind and, with full concentration, sprint after the animal. The wild creature hops over the vines and logs as if they weren't even an obstacle, always finding a way through. You find yourself having trouble keeping up, but you know that in order to become stronger you must be able to overcome challenges such as this. The veins start popping out from your skin as you strain your body to its limits, somehow managing not to reopen your wound. You inch closer and closer to your prey, eventually seeing a chance as you jump over a large tree trunk and jumping onto the beast, tackling it to the ground. After a few seconds of dizziness, you get up and, noticing this, the animal takes off. You don't mind, however, as you can feel your body having improved from the experience. You think you'll be able to release a burst of adrenalin like this whenever you want, though it seems like it would take a while to recover your power after doing so.
Ability gained: Martial Arts: Adrenaline Boost

Back at the clearing that the party originally arrived at, a sort of whizzing sound could be heard. Sunbeam and Lyri turn their heads, looking for the source, as they spot something in the sky. At first a small dot, it seems to be quickly approaching, growing in size. Before either of them can react to it, a loud sound is heard, akin to an explosion, as a wave of dust emerges from the point of its impact. The entrance of this thing, very much reminding you of Sariel's, becomes clear as the cloud of dirt settles. Standing in the small crater is, what doesn't seem to be a human, as it has angel wings. But "he" doesn't quite seem to be an angel either as he has small horns poking from his head and a long, pointy tail as well. The being starts to speak and introduces itself as Sigarial, as Tyri and Sunbeam still look on, not quite sure what to make of its appearance.

------

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

======

Sorry that took so long, had some family issues. At least Tarran is in now, one down one to go.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:38:25 am by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Yay I'm in!

"Ah, I suppose you two are the people I'm supposed to help? The ones trying to save everything?" Sigarial said, looking around for others of the group. Surely there wasn't just two of them?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Knock on the door.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Keep chopping! Maybe I can find a way into that...building...thing.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 9: Rocket Science, Kung Fu Dogman and Sonic The Fox)
« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2012, 09:12:25 pm »

[...]The being starts to speak and introduces itself as Sigarial, as Tyri and Sunbeam still look on, not quite sure what to make of its appearance.
[....]
((Thanks you for mixing my name with Lyri  :P I really like it! Also, color text code is by sextuple sixes? Woah.))

"Ah, I suppose you two are the people I'm supposed to help? The ones trying to save everything?" Sigarial said, looking around for others of the group. Surely there wasn't just two of them?

"Hello Tenshi-san! You're one of Sariel's friends, yes? We're all here, but dispersed through the forest.

"I'm Lyri! That one with the armor is Sunbeam, a good friend of mine. What's your name?"
Lyri chirped. It was nice to see another Angel with them at the time.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Eeep!" Sunbeam, for some spontaneous reason, decides to cover her body with her paws and newly crafted armor. "Don't look at me, I'm nekkid!" The neko runs off behind a large tree, looking around herself to make sure the coast is clear, before changing into her Magical Flower Armorpiece.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sigarial watched as Sunbeam ran away, slightly amused, slightly confused, and slightly upset.

"My name is Sigarial. I... guess you could call me one of Sarel's friends. Though I don't know him all that much. Nice to meet you, Lyri."

"Now, why are all your friends dispersed throughout the forest instead of all of you staying together?"
Sigarial queried.

Also, color text code is by sextuple sixes? Woah.))
Are you talking to me?

If so, yeah. The forum can handle custom hex color codes. Here are some examples.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

[...]The being starts to speak and introduces itself as Sigarial, as Tyri and Sunbeam still look on, not quite sure what to make of its appearance.
[....]
((Thanks you for mixing my name with Lyri  :P I really like it! Also, color text code is by sextuple sixes? Woah.))

Glad you like it, I enjoy accidentally creating new names. :P

Also, color text code is by sextuple sixes? Woah.))
Are you talking to me?

If so, yeah. The forum can handle custom hex color codes. Here are some examples.

My mind is blown. I'm gonna abuse this to hell and back.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My mind is blown. I'm gonna abuse this to hell and back.
Just as long as you don't use colors that are unreadable in one of the two main themes (Core and Darkling) too much.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After putting on her armor, Sunbeam returns to where the Demon-Angel landed. "Hi. You're a thing. I'm a cat. You want to see the dance of my people?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sigarial looks at Sunbeam utterly confused.

"Uhhhh... not really, but I won't stop you if you really want to."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"I'm sure to cover more ground. I guess our main objective is in that way, and my squid friend...wait no, Illithid friend decided to check on the lake nearby that had lots of smoke in that direction. I also saw some more..."

Lyri related to the two what she saw earlier from Derm's help and her own ventures.

"And I've to run off...I've another friend that I want to meat."

Track Thale! Go in that general direction of where he is!

((Disclaimer: Whenever I speak as Lyri, there are no typos.))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deciding that staying around with a weird cat lady wasn't exactly the best sounding thing in the world, Sigarial decided that he would follow the Kitsune.

"Hey, wait, let me come with you."

Follow Lyri.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ul-cZyuYq4

This is how I feel about my actions.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Channel the forces of necromancy and summon flames of pure shadow to shroud me and clear all in my path as I delve on ahead using my trusty stick to clear a way.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25