Poll

So....

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!  (Read 39130 times)

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
Re: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2012, 07:05:01 am »

There's got to be a way to introduce our supersoldier to an Iron man (and possibly Batman). :D

Also, please dorf me as Sus, any crafting profession except carpeter or woodcrafter.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2012, 07:41:55 am »

Fanart you say?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.S. I have no idea why the last 2 turned red.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2012, 08:46:33 am »

Yeah, I took a quick look at the save. You're in the middle of a war with the goblins, and the dwarven civ isn't quite as dead as you think. :P It looks pretty far-reaching, actually. The elves have spread throughout most of the world, which is unusual...

I can't figure out how you wound up with so much stone, though. :-\
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2012, 12:25:29 pm »

Haha well Tal, I think those values that said 6 dwarves were refering just to the end of worldgen. I starteda few test forts. 2 of which died from meltyfaces and 1 that was doing really well. Thats why the year is 108 now instead of the 100 I killed worldgen at. And just because the dwarves constructions are far reaching doesnt mean theirs anyone left to use them :P Oh and the elves are doing so well cuz 90% of the world is randomly a forest...despite the entire world being hot enough to melt people, let alone trees. And when AREN'T dwarves at war with goblins? XD
The stone was just starting on a volcano/mountain thing. I mean there was literally stone scattered on the surface so yeah it was pretty crazy.
I know I didn't really do too much background on the world during my turn (seeing how I was obsessed with the stone) I'll try and remedy that during the coming turns through the Journal of Captain Mountainhomes. Basically him talking about the dwarves dying out, the royal line dying out and how his hopes for the future of dwarfdom rest in TrialFires. Also his love for magma XD
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2012, 01:25:21 pm »

I'm sorry, but are you using legacy or sdl?
BTW, a little OT, what is the difference?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2012, 02:13:13 pm »

Wait....what?

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2012, 02:43:20 pm »

So is Melkor playing or has he forgotten?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2012, 02:47:58 pm »

ONE THOUSAND VIEWS!!!! YAY!!!!!!
Also I don't know if Melkor is playing, I sent him a PM but he either didn't get it or completely ignored it. Most succession forts I've seen seem to give players a week long grace period....but then he hasn't even posted any responses to anything after his first one, and after searching his profile he has a list of games he was SUPPOSED to play in, but quit before his turn....I kinda wanna give him the benefit of the doubt just to...you know not be a dick, but what do you guys think?

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2012, 02:55:38 pm »

i think we should wait one more day, but no point wasting more time on someone we know isn't going to participate.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2012, 03:18:54 pm »

Well if he doesnt show then its up to Apiks to lead us to glory...and possibly magma/metal :P
oh and we ARE still gonna try to do the veterans suggestions I.E. the waterfall in the dining hall and the minecart....thing... I wanted to do the waterfall one myself (with captain mountainhomes on the pump to train his attributes) but I was distracted with the you know ROCKS...also not starving to death XD
So assuming no more fort threatening stones/botched work designations pop up then I would suggest trying to do those things I just suggested that actually someone else suggested first. Yeah. That.

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2012, 03:23:15 pm »

Wonderful. Time to find out how to make waterfalls and magma forges. This'll be interesting.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2012, 04:32:45 pm »

Wonderful. Time to find out how to make waterfalls and magma forges. This'll be !FUN!.

Fixed it for you

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2012, 04:38:17 pm »

Ah. Much thanks. What'd you think about my fanart? It took me about 20 minutes after all (7 min searching for the damn pencils and lists lol).
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2012, 05:48:14 pm »

I loled at it :D but what exactly are the engravings in the last one?

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2012, 06:00:15 pm »

apiks is a better engraver than me... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that's my job

lol jk the more fanart the better
anyone remember that pic of a baby throwing a soother at a troll? from the beginning of the thread
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30