Poll

So....

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!  (Read 39108 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2012, 11:35:28 am »

"12th Timber FINALLY A MONTH NOT BASED AROUND THOSE WHORE MATERIALS....107
I have just discovered something....troubling....while the single....its too horrible to say so I'll say OBJECT, blocking our barricade from being built has been dealt with, the OBJECTS that the OBJECT haulers have been assigned to stockpile....are being carried some unknown place on the far side of the mountain...this behavior is perplexing....AND HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS...my fellow dwarves....PLOTTING WITH THE STONE?? ARGGGG I SAID IT!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH IF THEY WANT TO WORSHIP THE STONE THEN THEIR GUTS WILL BE SPILT UPON IT BEFORE IT MEETS ITS OWN END AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....but I digress...I have begun stealthily observing them, carving their movements into the corpse of one of the OBJECTS...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(for reference, the fort entrance is about 2-3 levels down right about at the top left edge of the ground here, the haulers are randomly headed to the BOTTOM RIGHT....WTF HAULERS?)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2012, 01:12:53 pm »

i would enjoy being dwarfed. preferably engraver
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2012, 01:23:08 pm »

"13th Timber 107
I have been a FOOL! It appears the very reason all the haulers have been IGNORING THOSE DAMNABLE OBJECTS, is because they were hauling the OBJECTS to finish the floors....that I told them to build over the pools....that apparently didn't need to be drained...I THOUGHT THAT WAS DONE MONTHS AGO!!! WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED THAT SUCH USELESS WORK WAS STILL GOING ON? Ugh...these dwarves are SOOOOO useless. At least I have Battledigger and my Captain...."

(apparently all my problems are because work I designated AT THE START OF THE YEAR, was taking time away from important things....*facedesk* oh and yes apparently Dorf!Me and Captain Mountainhomes are bumping uglies...I did not realize this until afterward.)
EDIT: oh also no more food shortage...still no booze though....
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:26:52 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2012, 02:02:38 pm »

"24th Timber, One Oh Seven
HEHE THE TEMPORARY TRADE DEPOT IS UP AND THE MERCHANTS ARE UNLOADING THEIR GOODS FOR US HEHE"

"18th Moonstone, SAME YEAR HEHE
The traders have left, we got some nice booze from them and some plump helmets to make more, but I didnt get to buy my hubby a nice new steel shield, or even the bismuth bronze one (he likes bismuth bronze HEHE) cuz the stupid traders didnt bring their wagons with them and couldn't carry all the heavy crafts and mechanisms I wanted to give them for it...but I made my Captain a wood shield so its ok kindof HEHE WOOD...now the carpenter is making barrels to store more booze in so we can make more and thats about it HEHEHEHE so I should stop writing and go back to defiling the bodies of the unbelieving OBJECTS..."

(the traders arrived before the temp depot was up so I guess they had to leave their wagon somewhere randomly, damn I REALLY wanted to get him a quality shield, oh also made a one bed/room barracks for him to train in....yeah the next overseer should prob find some way to make a screw pump and train up his attributes, cuz hes kinda just rusting away now...its sads  :'()

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2012, 02:17:07 pm »

New Dorfs up:

Tal and NAV, sittin in the muck....you probly can figure out the rest ;)

For some reason despite me picking at random, Apiks got a pretty awesome dorf, it has nice stats and is a good marksdwarf with some armor skill... so yeah :P

EDIT: wait what the crap is up with the pics? anyone else see the double screen thing? WTF?

Indeed, I do this.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2012, 02:17:40 pm »

Lol, I'd forgotten about the flooring over. :P I thought you finished it already, but I guess not. Yeah, that would definitely do it. Tasks were already assigned to the job.
Next time you get weird stones like that, you can forbid them and then unforbid them. This'll cancel any tasks that people are trying to use them for, and free them up.

Don't despair about the wagon, though! They still bring plenty of goods even without the wagons. (later you may get huge chains of wagons, which looks awesome.)

Wow, ninja'd by an update.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2012, 02:19:38 pm »

Lol yeah im pretty awesome about updating huh? I probly still need to slow down, I took a day off this fort just so people could adjust to the rapid-fire pacing :P

EDIT: Hey is Melkor still following this? He's supposed to take his turn after me but he hasn't posted anything in awhile...if he bails then this goes straight to Apiks I believe.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:45:28 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2012, 02:50:04 pm »

lol i bet i have the stupidest dorf in the fort. thanks for that

time to draw some pretty pictures!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2012, 03:33:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BFEL surrounded by rocks looking terrified

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BFEL with his new invention

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2012, 03:44:54 pm »

"6th Obsidian, 107
NAV's engravings have reminded me of the new invention we have recently....invented...and the realization that in fact I told everyone not to use them when I was making everyone do nothing but MOVE THE DAMN DIRTY BLASPHEMERS....HEHEHE I DID FINALLY GET THE TRADE DEPOT DONE INSIDE THOUGH HEHEHE YAY"

"Its so pretty, being made of the unbelievers remains and all, but not as pretty as what I'm having the miners dig out will be HEHEHE"

"The Temple to Sorek Cobaltgems the Silvery Depths will soon be dug out, and then I shall have it smoothed and engraved, as well as putting in all the nice statues I had the mason carve out of the ROCKFLESH HEHEHEHE I LOVE MAKING THEM SERVE ME IN THEIR ETERNAL UNDEATH HEHEHEHE, The mason says that STONES ARGGGGGH dont have feelings so I cant hurt them but I told him I hear them screaming in my dreams so now he knows better HEHEHEHE"

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2012, 04:14:53 pm »

OH MY GOD, POST 100=END 1ST TURN o.O

A Dog Leather bound journal, of mediocre quality litters the floor of the fortress known as TrialFires. On the front is scrawled "Journal of Captain Mountainhomes" accompanied by an image assumed to be said dwarf, in adamantine armor and shield. On the helm and shield are images of a dwarf, the symbol of the Banner of Abbeys.

"1st Granite, 108
Well its finally happened. I saw the signs, just like everyone else here, but I'm no psychedwarf, I'm a soldier, and a damn good one. My beloved has finally, totally, irrevocably snapped. She just lays around the quarters and the craftshop, muttering to herself and making trinkets she claims to be "corpses" of the rocks that litter the fort. Well I saw this coming and its kinda why I jumped her anyway, shes crazy in bed too hehe...oh armok dont let me start doing the crazy laugh she does now. Well anyway spring has arrived and we've already sent for a new overseer to look after this crazy mess. Just wish I had a better shield, crappy chestnut thing fit for elves not a true dwarf like m'self. But thats not really important, hard to get my thoughts straight in this stupid thing, but I heard before that writin things down helps keep ya sane, so I figure what the hell, why not. Supposedly the newbies supposed to arive sometime today, if his face isn't out in the wastes somewheres that is. Well I took enough of a break from training, but I better jot down some of the important details for the next guy in case hes one o' them weirdo's what goes readin peoples personal thoughts...get alot of those in these positions for some reason I hear."

"Well heres the state of affairs here, as far as food n' such is concerned."

"Lever on the left raises the outside bridge, havent had reason to use it yet, so next guy'll have to assign some decent burrows to keep everyone from hurtlin 'emselves outside in case theres a siege or something. You can also see the volcano in this sketch o' mine, still don't know why we aint dug in and made a decent magma forge yet, or any forge at all really, poor BFEL got so caught up in the rocks she neglected to get us any metal. But that should really cover all the important, not obvious parts of the fort, exceptin that the farms are up one level from everything else, over by the little hovels we call our residential district...such as it is."

(well i'm gonna go look into converting this save back to the non-graphics pack thing so I can pass it along to Melkor...or Apiks if M doesnt show.)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:39:13 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2012, 04:30:38 pm »

Ok, so I was lookin around the game files to try and figure out how to pass the save on sans graphic set and I came across a bombshell in the region files

Civilized World Population

6 Dwarves
   6159 Humans
   4444 Elves
   2394 Goblins
   561 Kobolds

Total: 13564

Thats right, apparently the entire world before we started consisted of SIX DWARVES...HOLY FUCK...TrialFires is the last vestige of Dwarven civilization IT MUST NOT FALL! THIS IS WHY WE HAVE CAPTAIN MOUNTAINHOMES CUZ DAMN...

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2012, 04:44:15 pm »

Ok I'm having issues figuring out so much as how to share the save WITH the graphics stuff...I know i'm supposed to make it a zipped folder or something...just dont know how to do that....crap

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2012, 04:50:16 pm »

Err, get Winrar and then right click on the folder and "archive". That'll make it into a rar file. Then you upload somewhere on the internet and voala.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2012, 05:03:45 pm »

well I managed to put it in a zipped folder...where would I upload? I tried rapidshare, that wouldnt let me upload, know any good places to do that?

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30