Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54118 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #450 on: October 09, 2012, 11:15:23 pm »

Ethan stepped to Troy's side and tried to get an angle from which to strike the mutant. Although he had seen a longsword before, he had only been using machetes so far - the same basic drill, anyways, he supposed.
"Let's see..."
Ethan attacks with the longsword.
1d20+3;1d8+3 → [9,3] = (12)
1d20+3;1d8+3 → [7,3] = (10)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 09, 2012, 11:24:50 pm »

Ethan stepped to Troy's side and tried to get an angle from which to strike the mutant. Although he had seen a longsword before, he had only been using machetes so far - the same basic drill, anyways, he supposed.
"Let's see..."
Ethan attacks with the longsword.
1d20+3;1d8+3 → [9,3] = (12)
1d20+3;1d8+3 → [7,3] = (10)

The mutant reels back in surprise and opens it's mouth as if to scream.  It doesn't even see Ethan coming.  His sword slices into it's torso and it crumples like a sack of meat.  The creature falls to the ground and coughs up blood... it's not yet dead but it's not long for this world.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 09, 2012, 11:37:17 pm »

((In case it wasn't clear, the mutant failed to act during its turn so you can feel free to take actions.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 10, 2012, 03:24:44 am »

((Troy gives over the three casings you wanted. I'm gonna wait for Sky to roll an attack cause if he hits, the thing will probably be dead and I won't have to do anything.

And I approve of Rain staying. She's too useful to leave behind, having points in multiple useful skills, and RPwise, neither Kat nor Troy would leave her behind. If we get another player, they can take control over her and save their time from making a fresh sheet.

Also, if Troy dies, I'm totally making a robot. Gotta try it out just once.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2012, 04:42:55 am »

((Actually, not really. People tend to have affection towards their own sheet and character, so I don't really foresee someone taking over someone else's character.))

((also, I can't roll until I get home. Quite a while.))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 10, 2012, 07:11:34 am »

((Alright, I guess I'll make an attack just in case.))

Troy's hand whips out his baton once again and he charges towards the creature before it can recover.

Attack roll:1d20+3+1 → [3,3,1] = (7)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3728875/

Damage roll:1d6+3 → [3,3] = (6)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3728877/

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 10, 2012, 07:47:46 am »

Troy's baton slams into the mutant's neck with an unpleasant crunching sound... then everything is silent. 

Troy peaks around the curve in the tunner and sees no signs of other enemies on their way.  The rubble strewn tracks continue to stretch out before them but there is another light source up ahead.  Judging by the flickering coming from another platform about 30 yards away.  The walls closer to the platform block the line of sight on the fire itself but the shadows it casts are visible.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 10, 2012, 07:53:58 am »

((Kill steal, kill steal! No, seriously, Paprika was up on the init order. :P

And isn't basic defense 10? How could an attack roll of 7 get through it, by the way?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 10, 2012, 08:31:45 am »

((Couldn't be bothered waiting. I guess maniac felt the same...

Also, maybe the mutant was helpless and prone at the same time after you hit him? He WAS pretty messed up...))

Troy held a finger up to his lips for silence, pointing down the corridor at the light. Without a word, he scouted ahead, sticking to the shadows.

Stealth roll: 1d20+9 → [17,9] = (26)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3728964/

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #459 on: October 10, 2012, 08:49:57 am »

((... Paprika was actually going to pester Zako into giving her ALL the casings he picked up. Including other people's. But it's passed already, due to timezones -_-;))

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 10, 2012, 08:54:01 am »

((Lolno, those are my casings! Same caliber as my gun too, so definately keeping them for later.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #461 on: October 10, 2012, 08:59:16 am »

((That's the point of pestering.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 10, 2012, 12:24:05 pm »

Ethan nonchalantly cleaned the longsword and got back to walking forward, not exactly following Troy - who seemed intent in scouting ahead. The man was already satisfied with his lot of being pounced upon in the that day, moving with someone ahead to discover dangers before they were found didn't see too bad a possibility.

That also didn't mean he would make an effort to stay silent. After all of their fighting had caused enough noise to awake everything in a 3-mile radius, keeping their mouth shut wouldn't really help their case.

"I noticed you had disappeared..." he says, indirectly addressing it to Paprika as he hides his headphones away in his jacket's collar.

Onwards.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 10, 2012, 01:12:53 pm »

Kat decides to hang back in the shadows, trailing the party by about 10 ft. If anything leaps out, she'll be ready...

Stealth Roll
1d20+9 → [15,9] = (24)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3729241/
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 10, 2012, 03:48:05 pm »

Also, maybe the mutant was helpless and prone at the same time after you hit him? He WAS pretty messed up...))

((This, defenseless enemies are even easier to hit then flat footed ones.))

That also didn't mean he would make an effort to stay silent.

((He might not have made an effort but my RNG seems to have taken a liking to 1s and 20s all of a sudden.  Guess which one the mutants rolled for detection?))

Troy slips further along the tracks stealthily.  Ethan nonchalantly swaggers behind him but is stopped short by Rain grabbing him by the scruff of his neck.  She stares at him quizzically for a second.  "Keep it down" she hisses in a low whisper.

Troy slips ahead while Rain detains Ethan and comes right up to the edge of the concrete platform without any shouts of alarm.  He hears the mutants jabbering sporadically but they don't seem to be moving or giving shouts of intimidation.  Troy glances over the edge of the barrier and sees them; three mutants huddled around a fire, jabbering at each other.  They seem to be in the middle of some sort of scuffle, pushing each other around and completely oblivious to the outside world.

ASCII map:
Code: [Select]
#####.##################################
#####.##################################
#####..#################################
##......################################
#..........#############################
....m^.........|########################
....mm.........|########################
...............|########################
_______________|###.@#####...............
..............@.....@.@#@...............
=======================================
..........................##............
========================================
.......#####............................
########################################

# walls and rubble
= train tracks
- and | are the edges of the platform.  The platform is 6 feet high
. empty terrain
@ party members, from left to right: Troy, Ethan, Rain, Paprika, Kat
m mutants

Right is the direction the party came from.  The tunnel curves but that's kind of hard to show on an ASCII map.  Left the tunnel is more rubble strewn and possibly collapsed but it's not clear in the darkness.  Top of the map has a small entrance/egress that you can't make out well.  Empty space near rubble is rubble strewn but walkable.

Mutants are currently oblivious.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57