Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54116 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #420 on: October 08, 2012, 06:33:05 pm »

Sure, why not?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #421 on: October 08, 2012, 06:38:37 pm »

Yey.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 08, 2012, 07:09:34 pm »

((Yeah, I don't want this to die.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 08, 2012, 07:39:34 pm »

Ok, give me a little time to ponder this new info over.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 08, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »

Initiative:
Ethan 19
Kat 15
Rain 13
Troy 12
Paprika 12
Spidy 11

-------------

"Oh shit, it's pissed!  Get back!"
The motley assembly of spelunkers hurriedly backpedals from the train car as the sound of metal being rent assaults their ears.  Most of them hold their fire for a moment as they wait for an opportunity but Rain fires early and sends a disk sailing through the air to the train car.  The disk jams into the metal of the car and quivers there for a moment.  Then a claw bursts through the metal where the disk landed, sending it tumbling away.  A moment later the end of the car is tossed aside like a door being opened and the creature charges...

The humans get the first proper look at this creature.  It is a spider, mutated to a size that it stands taller then any human.  It's head is bathed in a crown of fire from the bomb, making it look like a deamon from the old christian tales.  It drips of trail of some strange fluid as it runs.

Troy nearly repeats his words from before "Back up! Try to stay out of it's range!"
With steely nerves he draws his pistol and fires a the belly of the beast.  It lands true and causes the massive creature to stagger momentarily and change it's course, charging for Ethan instead...

Ethan let's loose with his bow again but the shot glances off the underbelly of the spider bouncing to the ground harmlessly.  The spider closes the distance before he can reload and then unexpectly leaps to pounce upon it's human prey.  With a triumphant skriek the fangs plunge downwards until suddenly a crossbow bolt slams into the side of the creatures head and causes the fangs to divert at the last moment.

The spider crashes down on top of Ethan awkwardly, sending him flat onto his back but leaving him otherwise unharmed.  It writhes it's head around in pain but plants it's feet and gives another chittering hiss in defiance.  Ethan looks upwards to stare into the very pissed off face of a monster that might as well be hellspawn for the way it looked.

-----------------

((Everyone get's another move before the beast gobbles Ethan up.  Skyrunner seems not to have posted last turn so Paprika can move twice.  She hid successfully so the spider is not aware of her.

The locations of everyone is as follows:
Ethan: underneath the spider, prone, grappled
Paprika, 30 feet behind the spider, hidden by the train car
Troy, 10 feet to the spider's right
Kat, 10 feet to the spiders right/front
Rain, 30 feet in front of the spider

Do not feel the need to wait to make your posts in order.  I will be flexible about initiative to make this work.))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:08:53 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 08, 2012, 09:46:18 pm »

((Nice to see the game going. ;)

Expending one of my action points to activate Point Blank Shot feat for this combat. Now at 4/5))

Kat's breathing became more rapid as her adrenaline began to flow-she saw the angle of descent, the arc needed to strike a vital spot of the arachnid beast with a razor tipped bolt...now only if her body could catch up to her mind...

Attack
1d20+4 → [14,4] = (18)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3726790/

Damage
1d10+1 → [9,1] = (10)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3726792/
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 08, 2012, 09:55:57 pm »

Troy quickly switched weapons, snapping his baton out with a flick of his wrist. He couldn't risk shooting Ethan, so he had to do this the old fashioned way.

Wait until the others have fired, then switch weapons to baton and charge, trying to bash the creature off!

Attack: 1d20+3+1 → [19,3,1] = (23)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3726803/

Damage: 1d6+3 → [1,3] = (4) x 2 = (8)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3726806/

((Dammit, I get a crit and I flunk out on damage!))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 08, 2012, 09:59:42 pm »

((You have to confirm the crit Zako :P Roll your attack again, if it hits, it crits.

Also, I'm hoping the size difference/placement is enough to negate the normal shooting into melee penalties here.))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:01:37 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 08, 2012, 10:02:11 pm »

"I said it once" Ethan groaned, highly displeased for being tackled for the second time in the day, grasping the beast's fangs with his gloved hands. "And I'll say it again: you are fucking ugly."

Ethan tries to break free from the monster: Grapple check.
1d20+3 → [13,3] = (16)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 08, 2012, 10:20:07 pm »

((damn, I forgot about that. I can't post rolls right now since I'm on my phone...))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 08, 2012, 10:31:33 pm »

((I rolled for you, it confirmed.  I'm waiting for Skyrunner to post before giving the roundup.  But she's offline so I'll do that in the morning.))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:35:36 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #431 on: October 08, 2012, 11:52:28 pm »

((I would mov up and shoot twice,  but I can't roll right now.))

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 09, 2012, 07:07:00 am »

The spider locks it's thousand eyes with Ethan's two for a moment, preparing for a sudden lunge but never gets it's chance.  Kst reloads and fires her crossbow in one fluid motion and lands another bolt in the side of the creatures head before it strikes.  The spider spastically shakes it's head from side to side and Ethan see's his chance to move.  Shaking himself some wiggle room he slips out from underneath the creatures weight and onto his stomach.  Then he scrablems up and away, knocking the spiders massive front left legs out of his way.  Ethan turns to face the beast and wipes some of the spiders bloodlike fluid that had splashed on his face during the escape.  The disgusting green fluid felt like it had been trying to digest his face!

Not wanting to give the creature a chance to eat Ethan again, Troy whips out his baton and steps up to the beastie.  A love tap on it's leg causes it to reel around in fury whereupon he deals a massive uppercut to the creatures face.  An awkward crunching sound ensues and the bolt that Kat had lodged in the head earlier falls out from the power of the blow.

Paprika stops creeping up behind the monster now that it's turned and fires two shots with her pistol.  They strike the unaware creature side by side where the legs connect to the torso.  The front leg comes off in a shower of spider goo and the spider goes down.

The legs flail spasmatically in the air for a moment then go still and fall to the earth.  A torrent of green spider-blood pours out from the spiders varoius wounds.  It hits the ground and eats away at the soil, giving off a unpleasant looking colored smoke.  Ethan and Troy fall back, covering their faces and are alright but Kat is so busy reloading her bow for another shot the she inhales the strange fumes.

"KAT!" Rain's voice screams out in terror as she she's her friend coughing amid the fumes.  Racing forward she grabs the woman and practically throws her away from the dangerous substance.  Kat falls to the earth and Rain crouches by her side in worry, checking her vitals.  "Come on baby, don't do this, don't do this!"  Kat gives a cough and a groan and her eyes open up to the sight of Rain's distraught face hovering over her.  "Kat!  Oh, you be more careful, okay?"

Kat get's to her feet again, weakened by the strange fumes but not injured.  The five of them stand about the giant spider corpse, illuminated by the flames on the beast's body and the flickers of the torch that Rain dropped on the ground when Kat fell.  The train car that was the creatures lair is 30 feet away from where the corpse lies.  The tunnel stretches onwards past that point.

((Kat takes 3 constitution damage))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #433 on: October 09, 2012, 07:35:49 am »

Spoiler: Minor grammar nitpick (click to show/hide)

Paprika dashes to Ethan's side and touches his back carefully.
"Are you okay? Still in a mostly humanoid shape?" she asks.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 09, 2012, 08:00:13 am »

Kat put a hand to her stomach-it felt like her lungs were burning-she coughed again. She felt...nauseous and weak. She wasn't sure how much of more of this she could take. Kat didn't want to die down here...though in truth, she was more afraid of her voice being damaged than anything else. Maybe it was ultimately vanity, but her self expression was her life. She needed it to live.

These thoughts she did not allow to gain traction.

Kat gave Rain a smile and a thumbs up as she reloaded her crossbow. "I'm fine-just a bit woozy. I'll keep my voice down for a bit." She said quietly, straightening herself up. She pointed to the spiders lair with her free hand, walking toward it carefully. Maybe there would be something they could scavenge from the spiders past victims? Kat assumed the Vampyres had to have used it as a sort of guard dog if they expected to pass through here often-they probably even fed it whatever or whoever they didn't want to eat.

She momentarily considered going after her spent crossbow bolts, but between the acid and the fog, she could only assume they were lost-her lighter quiver only had a scant 10 left.

Search Check, Taking 10 (Searching the Spiders Nest)

((OOC: Also just realized I'm missing a feat on my char sheet. I got SWP for free...editing))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:58:44 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57