Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54107 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #480 on: October 11, 2012, 06:53:28 am »

Troy silently motions that the five of them step back from the edge, signals 3, 2, 1 and lets a shot fly loose, followed by a hail of fire from the others.

Troy's shot lands true, sailing straight into a mutants neck, it gives out an awkward noise and crumples.  Ethan's fly high and sails off into the wall.  Rain's shot fly's low and glances off the edge of the platform.  The bolt from Kat's crossbow embeds itself in the side of another mutant.

While the humans reload, the surviving two mutants bolt in opposite directions, lowering their profiles and denying their attackers another easy shot.  A scream goes out and echos through the tunnels.  A moment later, a scream comes back in reply, then another scream.  One scream came from the way the humans entered while the second came from the tunnel opposite that direction.

Paprika spots a mutant through crumbling in the platform and has a snapshot opportunity before they attack.

---------

Initiative:
Paprika 20
Baddies 14
Rain 13
Troy 12
Ethan 9
Kat 8

Waiting for Skyrunner to make an action for the surprise round.  Skyrunner also get's to make an action in the first round while the mutants are still flatfooted.  All shots against standing opponents on the platform suffer a %20 miss chance due to concealment/cover.  Shots against crouching opponents are not practical.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 11, 2012, 07:25:04 am »

Kat cursed as her sleeve got caught in the crossbows mechanism-she was pretty slow to react today!

Eventually, she cleared it, taking aim...

Attack
1d20+3 → [19,3] = (22)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3730128/

Confirm Crit
1d20+3 → [16,3] = (19)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3730129/

Damage
1d10 → [8] = (8 )
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3730130/

Miss chance against 20%
1d100 → [64] = (64)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3730126/

After her shot, Kat declined to reload at that moment-there was a mutant behind them! She scurried forward so as not to be caught alone.

((Shooting the Center Mutant again-the one I just hit-unless he's already dead, then just choose the closest one to us, priority being the one coming up behind us in the tunnel))

Also, first to post, last in init again :P I hope I get to attack this time.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 11, 2012, 07:49:57 am »

((You might want to wait until after the mutant's turn to move.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 11, 2012, 07:59:28 am »

((Awright, I suppose I jumped the gun. Slow morning at work.

Can I still use that roll when my turn comes up, or what?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 11, 2012, 08:23:38 am »

Rolling for Pap's attacks since Sky is unable to at the moment:
1st Attack:
1d20+4;2d6 → [6,4] = (10)
1d20+4;2d6 → [3,3] = (6)

Opportunity:
1d20+4;2d6 → [13,4] = (17)
1d20+4;2d6 → [1,3] = (4)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 11, 2012, 04:21:29 pm »

((Can I still use that roll when my turn comes up, or what?))

((Alright but let's try to avoid having prior knowledge of rolls open the door to meta-gaming.  Fair warning, if everyone meta-games too much then I'll start meta-DM'ing to put some of the danger back in.   ;D

Gonna give Skyrunner a few more hours to get online before making her move for her to keep things going.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 11, 2012, 04:47:09 pm »

((Caellath has informed me that Skyrunner told him to move for her.))

Amid the volley Paprika launched a shot that tagged a mutant in the chest, wounding it but not taking it down.  Unlike the others though she didn't lose track of the mutants while reloading.  Spotting an opportunity against the mutant she hit the first time she launches another shot and hits it again.  This time it falls to the ground.

With the other two mutants gone the third mutant vanishes.  It flees away and disappears somewhere on the platform.  A few moments later it lets loose a scream and the other mutants scream in reply.

The five humans are left standing alone... but not for long.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 11, 2012, 05:03:58 pm »

((I suppose you'll roll Spot checks for us when appropriate?))

Ethan sighs, stowing his composite bow away and drawing his longsword, staring at the platform, which is around his height.
"Cover's blown, anyone wants to take the high ground?"
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:10:20 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 11, 2012, 05:05:53 pm »

((Yeah, do not roll spot checks and search checks, I will continue to roll those.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 11, 2012, 08:33:58 pm »

Kat nodded and scrambled up onto the platform, taking time to meld into the corner where she wouldn't be seen, and readying her crossbow. She knew they were coming...she could smell them.

Stealth Roll
1d20+9 → [6,9] = (15)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3730793/

((I can't wait till I actually get attacked by something. 14 AC and 6 HP ftw...I live as long as the GM ignores me.))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 11, 2012, 09:41:04 pm »

((It's not the GMs fault that you guys have been tearing through the baddies like tissue paper in a jizz factory.  Try missing an attack roll sometime and you might end up with a scar with a cool story.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 11, 2012, 09:56:38 pm »

((Speaking of scars, actually it's not related at all, how close are we to leveling up? Are we using XP or just mission/chapter reward level ups?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 11, 2012, 10:06:43 pm »

Noticing Kat would try to get to high ground, Ethan also climbed the platform a little away from her, intent on presenting a bigger, tastier target to the enemies. It was what he did best anyway.

Stealth Roll:
1d20+4 → [2,4] = (6)

His lack of use to moving sneakily proves its worth and he manages to be as attractive to the enemies as a lighthouse blasting loud music and with tasty, tasty sausages hanging from it.
>Yes?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 11, 2012, 10:17:04 pm »

((Speaking of scars, actually it's not related at all, how close are we to leveling up? Are we using XP or just mission/chapter reward level ups?))

End of mission probs but don't holde suber me to drunk me promises.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 12, 2012, 09:44:19 am »

((Bump!  Give me a couple rounds of actions so I can have the muties reappear.  Also leveling up will be on a by adventure basis.  There will be a level up after this episode wraps up but further adventures might be a bit longer.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57