Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54144 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #285 on: September 02, 2012, 05:02:24 pm »

You now have an unlit torch.

They are about human sized, if a bit skinny.

What do you do?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2012, 07:31:09 pm »

Share info, follow others, light torch with electric kit before going in dark, leave donkey outside
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2012, 10:14:18 pm »

"I guess it is time." Ethan says, looking into the darkness beyond.

Move with the team into the cave.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 02, 2012, 10:31:32 pm »

"Stay close to me, Rain." Kat said, adjusting the brim of her hat with with predetermination.

Action: Move in. Let Troy lead ahead, and keep Rain in front of me, between us.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2012, 11:44:10 pm »

Troy took the moment to take the torch from Rain and tape it to her shoulder and lighting it with his lighter.

"If they are sensitive to light, this should help protect you to some extent and help Kat and I find you."

He then approached Ethan and gave him 3 of his own arrows from his quiver.

"Take these. Can't have you running out too quickly. Just make sure to watch our backs, alright?"

Putting the safety on the gun and sliding it under his belt, he turned to the group as he unslung his bow and notched an arrow.

"Ok, here's how we're gonna do this. These critters are mutants, about human sized that run on all fours and are strong enough to wrestle a man to the ground. They probably move fast and they jump at you when they get within a decent distance, I'd say 10 to 15 feet to be safe. They've got claws and fangs, so we shouldn't have to worry about long range attacks but they will probably rush us or try to snag us in ambush. Watch the ceilings and walls as well as where you put your feet and you should be fine if we all work together.

We should go in about this order: Paprika on point with her light, then me supporting her, then Rain in the middle, followed by Kat and then Ethan on rearguard. If you are getting overwhelmed or need to reload, the people on the ends fall back behind those behind them. Protect your neck, don't shoot into melee unless you're sure you can hit, watch each other's backs and stay together and we should be alright. The one we're looking for is probably at the bottom of the network where it's darkest. Stay alert and keep your eyes and ears open. Let's go."

Head inside following the marching order.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2012, 11:52:15 pm »

"I actually think you should stay closer to your employers." Ethan comments. "I know the girl has the flashlight, but both you and her have similar body builds." he points out, motioning to the fact both Paprika and Troy have smaller and frailer bodies than him.

"If you in the front fall back, the chances are that Rain and Kat will be more vulnerable to danger. I'd rather take the front with the girl, since I can take a bit more punishment than you and support a retreat if needed since I still have a gun if I get out of ammo."

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 03, 2012, 12:25:07 am »

Troy looked at Ethan closely for a moment, feeling a little suspicious.

"Just trying to balance out the muscle in our group to both ends. Kat doesn't seem the tough type, and these things seem to favor ambushes which would mean that attacks from behind are more likely. Still, if you are sure about it, then we can switch places."

Let Ethan switch if he wants.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 03, 2012, 12:48:21 am »

"Sure." Ethan answers, smirking and wondering if Troy hasn't realized he isn't part of the group's muscles.

Take position up front with Paprika.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 03, 2012, 12:57:12 am »

"...Kat doesn't seem the tough type..."

"Your concern is appreciated-but I'm not an eggshell, boys. This isn't the first time I've crawled in the dark with monsters." Kat responded evenly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 03, 2012, 01:02:47 am »

Troy held up his hands helplessly.

"Sorry, wasn't trying to tick you off or anything. I'm just making guesses on what I know. Consider this a chance to show us what you got. Let's just get moving and focus on the task at hand."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #295 on: September 03, 2012, 01:43:58 am »

Paprika touches the illuminator on and follows Ethan up. Her expression is slightly different from that when she was outside, taut and trying to not show that she's afraid.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 04, 2012, 01:48:18 pm »

Kat faced with the darkness ahead with mild apprehension. It didn't scare her. Not much did.

She really had been in place like this before, though no-one here could have guessed. It was before Rain...before she found her guitar. She had hunted. Did what she had to do to survive. Ran with the wolves, howled at the moon-taken her share of the kill. All things she wanted to forget, honestly. But she was marked. One day, they would find her. And she would make another choice.

Yes, even the brightest light cast the darkest shadow-and the shadow behind Kat was a mile deep. But all of that wasn't in the front of her mind-for today, she would just be content to fight hard, and live to breath fresh air once more.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 04, 2012, 02:12:04 pm »

You enter the cavern

It is dark. The scattered beams of your flashlights illuminate dripping stones, and old bloodstains. The air seeths with the scent of carrion, both old and new, filling your nostrils with the hellish scent of a carnivore's lair. About ten feet ahead is a smaller chamber. Light pours in, and you see something gray. A gray hoodie. Sleeves ripped off by clumsy talons. Wicked claws. Diseased, reddened flesh, riddled with boils and cysts. exposed feet, splayed out for better balance. It turns, hissing, then makes the most godawful scream you have ever heard. You notice it's teeth are sharp, ripping fangs.

Roll For initiative

Malkavian: 1d20+2=18

((You want the first ten seconds of that youtube video by the way.))

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 04, 2012, 02:19:41 pm »

Initiative Roll
1d20+3 → [20,3] = (23)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3681985/

Kat reacts instantly, undeterred by the disgust, horror and fury of the thing-with not a moments hesitation, she brings her weapon to bear.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 04, 2012, 03:08:35 pm »

Initiative Roll:
1d20+4 → [14,4] = (18)

Ethan springs into action immediately, raising his composite bow at the mutants.
"Attention."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57