Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54145 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #255 on: September 01, 2012, 12:51:57 am »

Kat knelt down and examined the corpse with a trained eye.

Search Roll:
1d20+7 → [11,7] = (18)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3678351/

And she tried to be quiet, too.

Stealth Roll: (If needed)
1d20+7 → [12,7] = (19)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3678358/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:53:57 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2012, 01:12:50 am »

Stealth: Paprika attempts to be hard to see and hard to hear.
1d20+9=23,

1d20+1=9

Spot: She also tries to spot anything around the area.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 01, 2012, 01:15:16 am »

The corpse is pretty fucked up. His arm was almost pulled off, for one. A treat injury check will give you basic forensic information.

His sidearm lies a few feet away, in the shadow of a rock. A cursory examination shows it to be a 10mm Glock, popular for it's stopping power.

Paprika sees nothing more threatening than an odd tumbleweed, and a mutizard hanging on the wall a few feet away from the cave entrance. While as large as a small dog, they are known for their extremely laid back temprement, and are mostly content to sleep and enjoy the odd drink of morning dew.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 01, 2012, 01:19:22 am »

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2012, 01:27:03 am »

Troy walked over to the gun and picked it up, sliding out the magazine to check how many bullets were left.

"Hmm... 10 mil glock. Must have been ambushed, gun knocked out of his reach."

He waved Rain over quietly to the body and crouched next to her to whisper to her.

"Take a look at his body. I want to know as much as possible about whatever did this, including if he died from the obvious means or from something else."

He straightened and then took the moment to search the ground for spent bullet casings.

Search check to find spend casings (taking 10): 12

Inspect the pistol closely and check how many bullets are left.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2012, 01:35:08 am »

Ethan smirked a bit at Troy's antics before eyeing the cave.
"Let's go in when everyone is ready. And I'm checking the corpse already, by the way."

Check the Body.
Forensics Roll:
1d20+1 → [20,1] = (21)
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 01, 2012, 01:48:55 am »

4 spent casings, eleven rounds left in the gun. Bullet marks left in the rocks near the cave. His throat was bit out, very precisely, the other damage having been inflicted post mortem. The bite injuries are very deep in only a few places, notably over the jugular, consistent with injuries left by fangs. The injury is nearly bloodless, and none of the usual postmortem lividity is evident in the body. The spread on the bullet holes indicates he was firing haphazardly, as if he was taken by surprise. There are mild burns  evident in what's left of the chest.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2012, 01:51:47 am »

"His throat was bit out, very precisely, the other damage having been inflicted post mortem. The bite injuries are very deep in only a few places, notably over the jugular, consistent with injuries left by fangs. The injury is nearly bloodless, and none of the usual postmortem lividity is evident in the body. The spread on the bullet holes indicates he was firing as if he was taken by surprise. There are mild burns  evident in what's left of the chest." Ethan says, poking the remains of the man slightly.

"Well, we weren't exactly expecting a 'welcome home' doormat near the entrance of the cave anyway."
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2012, 01:55:24 am »

Troy looked around quickly before murmuring to Ethan in reply.

"Keep your voice down. Whatever could have done this is probably still around. We'll clear the barn first before we head into the cave."

Troy rubbed the gun with a thumb thoughtfully as he looked over the scene. Clearly, this man had been ambushed by something from the cave, judging from the bullet holes. The kill was quick and animal like, judging from the missing throat. As he walked back over to the body, something caught his eye and his curiosity.

"Burns... What do you think caused these?"

Search the corpse for useful stuff, including a holster for the gun and any spare ammo.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2012, 01:56:11 am »

"Were you a skier before this all happened, by any chance?"

Paprika sidles up to Troy and asks innocently.

She toyed with the idea of apprehending either the tumbleweed or the lizard, but decided both weren't worth the noise or effort required.

She searches the corpse for anything that might be in his pockets. Anything at all.

1d20+3=15

((Dammit, I got ninja'd twice. Then Zako beats me to searching. =_=))

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2012, 02:00:06 am »

Troy looked curiously at Paprika for a moment before murmuring a reply.

"No, there's not a lot of snow in the deserts. Why do you ask?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2012, 02:03:36 am »

"Keep your voice down. Whatever could have done this is probably still around. We'll clear the barn first before we head into the cave."
Ethan raises an eyebrow.
"I'm talking only loud enough for the people nearby to hear. And believe me, if they wake up because of someone, it's not me." Ethan says before frowning. "Looking around the corpse while trying to look professional and examining what was already found out hardly seems useful."

Search the corpse.
Search Roll on the corpse:
1d20+2 → [9,2] = (11)

((Bad Zako, using meta on that perfect forensics roll. :P))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:05:08 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2012, 02:04:18 am »

"Oh, just..."

She taps her head.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 01, 2012, 02:11:16 am »

The barn is clear. A more through search such as for supplies, would take some time, but you are confident nothing dangerous is there.

((And if you are unclear with the technical terms, it just means that his throat was ripped into, and his blood was drained. Lividity is caused by blood settling, and since there is no blood....))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 01, 2012, 02:16:57 am »

((Off for the night.))

"Are we ready?" Ethan asks, standing up and staring into the cave.

Get in when everyone else is ready to.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57