Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54141 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #270 on: September 01, 2012, 02:19:42 am »

"One more thing...later, we'll give a proper burial after we've avenged him."

Kat shifted around at that, uncomfortable even in these times, at looting the dead. Not that it would have stopped her, or anyone of them-your justification didn't matter. You took what you needed to survive. But she couldn't just see it as a corpse to be picked clean-Kat wasn't built like that. Gifted, or cursed, with an imagination that allowed her a great many things, but it made the shades of life a trifle more painful.

She wondered what his name was. Why he was out here alone. What adventures and dangers he had faced in his life. If he was a good man, a bad one-or neither. Did he have anyone he loved-and who loved him back?

Was someone waiting for him to come home to them?

She considered these, head bowed.

Action: After everyone is done looting, Kat checks the man for any identification, personal effects or marks-ways I might be able to describe him later. They leave when everyone is ready.

OOC: This is sort of an RP action, so I'm not sure we need another search roll from me for it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 01, 2012, 02:22:16 am »

((The dude's throat is torn out, I'd say that even without a roll that he can notice that, and it makes sense for him to have seen animal attacks like this in the past. Plus, the bullet holes aren't exactly hidden and match up to the number of bullets missing in the gun. The only thing that might be counted as meta is him noticing the burns, which doesn't count since you handily pointed them out. No meta here!

Also, Wrex, do I need to roll a search roll to look through the corpse for gear and stuff?))

Troy glanced over to Ethan, feeling a bit annoyed.

"It's useful to know what killed him. Before we took a look, this could have been set up to look like an animal attack to cover the signs of a bandit ambush, which is far more dangerous. And bullet casings can be reused to make bullets again, not to mention finding a good gun like this one. But feel free to skip over information that could save your life."

He turned to look at Paprika again.

"My hat is themed after nomad hearwear. It's made to help go through dust and sand storms, but helps in snow storms too. Satisfied?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 01, 2012, 02:28:56 am »

((The dude's throat is torn out, I'd say that even without a roll that he can notice that, and it makes sense for him to have seen animal attacks like this in the past. Plus, the bullet holes aren't exactly hidden and match up to the number of bullets missing in the gun. The only thing that might be counted as meta is him noticing the burns, which doesn't count since you handily pointed them out. No meta here!))
((I'd normally say that too, but to get a description of the wounds, we needed the roll. The description before the roll was way simpler. Admit it. Meta. :P))

"Knowing what killed him, like using the information that was just provided? Sure, sure." Ethan calmly answers while still staring at the cave, waving a hand dismissively as if he wasn't in the mood for arguing with the bank robber-attired man.

"Pretty aggressive sky man you got here, where did you find him?" he commented to Kat.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:31:32 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #273 on: September 01, 2012, 02:30:36 am »

((To be exact? Noticing the bullet marks match with the bullets missing, that his throat is ripped out by an animal instead of being, say, a bullet exit wound, and others are all part of the Forensics, Treat Injury, or Spot roll. Per d20 rules.))

"Nope!" She grins and adds, "It still looks like a ski mask to me!"

((What about the corpse-searching rolls? xD))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 01, 2012, 02:37:34 am »

((I honestly thought that the results applied to both of us since I did a search roll when looking for casings, which I thought would have made me notice the bullet holes and body injuries. If I was using meta, I did it unintentionally.))

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 01, 2012, 02:42:19 am »

(( The body has nothing on him. his clothing is to torn up to be useful, and it looks like something tried to eat the leather holster. also, you may want to chill out a little bit, I don't mind accidental meta, and even that is debateable, since Ethan announced the results of his rolls.))

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 01, 2012, 02:48:18 am »

(( The body has nothing on him. his clothing is to torn up to be useful, and it looks like something tried to eat the leather holster. also, you may want to chill out a little bit, I don't mind accidental meta, and even that is debateable, since Ethan announced the results of his rolls.))
((I'm mostly teasing him since Ethan announced what he saw already. It is just that Zako's character seemed to be getting his own conclusions without any roll, instead of basing it on what Ethan had just told him. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 01, 2012, 02:50:32 am »

((Exactly, no meta here! Also, my mistake if I came across as using meta knowledge.))

Troy straightened up from the body and looked around a bit.

"Ski maks provide complete facial coverage, my head covering has just one big hole for my face. It's not a ski mask. Stay here for a second, I need to see if I can find something I can use to make a torch or two."

Look around for something that I can use to make torches out of by combining the shreds of the man's clothing and some kind of pole or stick.

Search roll (Take 10): 12

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 01, 2012, 07:41:29 am »

((Taking 10 on treat injury to be able to use basic knowledge about post-mortem bloodflow.))

When they'd first discovered the body the others had crowded around so Rain stayed back, not eager to throw any elbows and just rolled her eyes for Kat's benefit while listening to the others quickly descend into argument.  Well, if they were bickering then they weren't crowding the corpse at least.  Rain retrieved her hatchet from the saddlepack and kneeled down by the deceased.  She gave him a quick check for body temprature but expected he'd have cooled down long ago then got to the main bloody business of the day and started wrenching a finger outwards.  Hatchet comes down with a steady chop and off comes the finger.  Rain leans back with a wince and gives an unhappy sigh at what she's done.  But then she picks up the severed digit for inspection.  Noticing that Kat is giving her a look as if she's going psycho Rain stands and takes a step over an explains herself.

"In Badwater there was this old myth about a mystical creature from Romania.  It was like a human but it had fangs that it would bite into people's neck with and suck out all their blood.  It was called a dracula.  Now dracula's don't exist but I'm guessing that these mutants probably heard the same myth and got funny ideas in their heads.  That's what I'm checking for here." Rain held up the finger to illustrate her point and inspected it closely as she continued.
"Back when we slaughtered pig we'd slit the throats and hang them up by their hind legs to drain out the blood.  Now looking at the way this guy is lying they probably didn't do that to him but I just want to check to make sure.  If they drained him by gravity then this finger will be either bloated with blood from the hands hanging down or drained of blood from them holding the hands at his side and draining him too.  But if they tried to do a dracula impression then the fingers should have normal pooling going on, no different then if they had just shot him and let him bleed out.  So let's find out if we have a bona-fide bloodsucker on our hands..."

((I'm figuring that knowledge of vampire myths is common knowledge but Rain's village got a distorted version because someone garbled the story three generations ago. :p

I may or may not be able to post very much for the next 3-4 days.  If I don't post then please don't wait around for my posts.  If I make short posts with bad grammer then I am posting from my smartphone, not suffering a stroke.))
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 01, 2012, 08:37:20 am »

As Troy looked around for things, he spoke over his shoulder to Rain.

"How big do you think they are? Can you give a rough guess of physical size and ability? Have they got claws or just fangs? Details would help."

As he looked, he got the idea to check to see if the attackers left any tracks he could show to Rain to help her give size guesses.

While looking for torch materials, search for tracks of the mutants to show to Rain.

Survival roll (take 10): 15

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #280 on: September 01, 2012, 08:47:34 am »

Paprika sticks his tongue out at Troy's back and mutters "ski-mask" just loud enough for him to hear, then sits down and checks that her 12-bullet clip was in her pistol, and the 6-bullet clip in her pack.

She removes the illuminator that was in one of her pack's pockets and fits it to the pistol.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 01, 2012, 08:48:28 am »

((I'm watching this.  :D))

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 01, 2012, 04:26:20 pm »

(( a DC 10 craft mechanical check, and one unit of Mechanicall parts in addition to the stick will get you the torch. You need a solvent of some kind for a reliable burn time, or a greasy rag or something. A chemical component would also work.))

Spoiler: For Troy (click to show/hide)

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 02, 2012, 12:22:21 am »

Troy looked at the tracks thoughtfully. The humanoid looking marks with longer nails said mutants, but what was more interesting was that they moved on all fours and seemed to have leaped at the poor man. No wonder he was suprised...

"Hey Rain. Come have a look at these tracks. Can you give me a rough guess on how big these things are based on their footprints or something? Also, a torch would be pretty useful to have right about now and you said that you had spare ethanol on you. Can you make a torch or two?"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 02, 2012, 08:15:33 am »

Make torch from mechanical and chemicals and checking tracks for troy
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57