Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54171 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2012, 07:14:14 pm »

date=1345648252]
He noticed she was too...strange. Probably going to try and get his gun anyway, so instead of catching her in the act or having it subtracted by her hands, no problem in letting her check it already.
"No need to try slick fingers tricks on me." Ethan said while sighing and bonking her on the head with the revolver.
"Ow, ehehe." Paprika rubbed her head where Ethan had hit her and grinned slightly sheepishly.

The revolver is a bit heavy, but not exceedingly so. "Raging Judge Magnum" is written at the side of the barrel, along with the three types of ammo it can originally fire: .45, .454 Casull and .410.
"You won't be able to do much with it anyway. Only one bullet in cylinder." he pointed out. "It's heavy and solid because it is a heavy and solid revolver. It can work well in almost any situation, unlike most pistols."

"Why? What's wrong with a pistol?" Paprika looks curious, or perhaps more curious than before.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2012, 07:19:53 pm »

Kat watched her friend go. She had just sort of warned her to be careful around that guy, not to be alone with him.

She was truly a trusting soul, wasn't she?

Well-Once burned, twice shy. Rain hadn't been burned yet.

So when are you going to tell her who you really are?

"I'll get around to it." she says to no one in particular. Kat turns to watch the mutant knife juggler, his blades a steel blur.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2012, 07:30:04 pm »

"Why? What's wrong with a pistol?" Paprika looks curious, or perhaps more curious than before.
Judging from her reaction, Ethan deduced either she had a pistol herself or liked them.

"Revolvers are more rugged and resilient in general, and their action is simpler." he pointed out. "Pistols can have more problems with dirt in their mechanism or their magazine jamming the bullets inside, for example. Second-hand bullets are also less likely to be accepted without a measure of trouble by pistols."

He then decided to take a really good look at her, because something had been bugging him. Yeah, that unusual color, probably. It could be simply a matter of hair dye weren't her eyes colored the same way as her hair. Probably some kind of mutation, then.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2012, 08:00:00 pm »

She was truly a trusting soul, wasn't she?

((Wow, and I wasn't even roleplaying that... doh.))
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2012, 12:45:31 am »

((Gonna wait for wrex to do my action before I rp more.))

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2012, 12:52:29 am »

It is night, and most people are asleep, or drunk. Are you sure you want to go looking for a job at this hour?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2012, 01:12:41 am »

((Good point... I forgot about that part... >.>))

Troy is sitting up against a wall outside the pub and across the street, enjoying the fresh air and quiet. While he could appreciate civilization and company, he found a good deal of enjoyment came with a lack of noise. The relative silence was shattered when Rain ran out into the street looking for him. Recognizing her, he smiled slightly and waved her over.

"Looking for me? Come have a seat."[\color]

As she walked over he scratched his chin and raised an eyebrow quizzically.

"So, you talked it over? Come to a decision yet?"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2012, 04:27:24 am »

He then decided to take a really good look at her, because something had been bugging him. Yeah, that unusual color, probably. It could be simply a matter of hair dye weren't her eyes colored the same way as her hair. Probably some kind of mutation, then.

Paprika cradled her chin in her hand, and drew invisible spirals on the table.

She looked up, then down, the twirled a lock of her hair, before suddenly speaking,

"How long have you traveled? Are you going to travel much more?"

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2012, 04:37:47 am »

"How long have you traveled? Are you going to travel much more?"
"I have walked a little already, I guess." he said after taking his revolver back, not too keen on continuing the conversation but convinced it would take a fight to shake the girl off. "And I'll travel more, I suppose. I'll keep going at least until I die, isn't that how it works?"

He finally finished his mug of "Crucifixion" with a long swig and resumed crossing his arms. At least if he had managed to get drunk, things would be better by now. But he hadn't gotten drunk so far, and from the looks of it, he wouldn't.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2012, 04:49:56 am »

"Alone? That must have been lonely."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2012, 04:56:38 am »

"Nah. For example, do you travel with company as well?" he pointed out, doubting there was someone with her. Otherwise, they would have already appeared and dragged her away from the scene.
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2012, 05:02:45 am »

"I used to, but something happened to them. I've been by myself for a while."

She twirled her hair a bit more, then slapped the table while standing up.

"Okay, I've decided! Let's go wherever together! Two people are better than one, and holding up a piece of paper together is easier!"

Her face was radiant with the prospects, whatever they may be.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2012, 05:13:51 am »

"Yeah, sure, whatever." he answered, looking sideways and a bit distracted. That is, before he correctly processed the information.

"Uhh, what? Ugh." he winced as he saw her face. Oh no. "I think I have done fine alone so far, and how have you been surviving by yourself after something happened to your group?" He was wondering was she was so quick to trust, but then again he also let her examine his gun. Not exactly too careful either.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:16:38 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2012, 05:23:28 am »

"Ah, good! You agreed! I knew you would, Ethan."
She practically lunges across the table to hug him.

"Oh, well, I've been just wandering here and there, the odd job, and ... stuff. Stuff!"

She quickly assumes her seat and puts on a mock-serious expression, pats her pants, and knits her hands.

"Okay, now that we've created a group, we must find more members! I'd say maybe five or six would be the maximum that's both sustainable and effective. Don't quote me on that, by the way. Use your manly instict- who looks like the most useful in this bar?"
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:30:57 am by Skyrunner »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2012, 05:46:16 am »

Ethan was temporarily lost. Had he even agreed? Why was he being hugged?

"Wait, what are you"
He blushed furiously as he got hugged in a semi-lunge performed by the smaller woman across the table, promptly hidding his red face with his hand in a facepalm as soon as she got back to her seat.

"Manly instincts?" he was fully convinced she was a wacko. "If you are asking me who'd be useful in a group, I'd say the woman who was just singing. She seems to have a way with people and her friend has the looks of someone who handles machines."

He knew, he had seen some of those before in his community, messing with old cars. But most importantly, he needed some time to understand what was happening. That could just be an act from the woman, and even her name could be a fake. With that in mind, Ethan started to check his pockets discreetly. Maybe he had just been stolen.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57