Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371443 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Has Achieved Lichdom
« Reply #1590 on: January 12, 2013, 05:45:18 pm »

Map, por favor?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!
« Reply #1591 on: January 12, 2013, 05:47:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's the most updated map, as far as I can tell.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 12, 2013, 06:54:10 pm »

Sorry if this was asked recently, but where exactly are we getting our faces smashed in by the ghost-rockers?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 12, 2013, 06:59:46 pm »

Better now?
Yes, now I am imagining Lincoln: Vampire Hunter trying to take on Acererak.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 12, 2013, 07:06:15 pm »

Sorry if this was asked recently, but where exactly are we getting our faces smashed in by the ghost-rockers?

Number 22, the large cavern to the south-east. And it's not a problem, seeing how long it has been since the last update.

Better now?
Yes, now I am imagining Lincoln: Vampire Hunter trying to take on Acererak.
Excellent. Just as planned.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 12, 2013, 07:51:50 pm »

I will have Beaky attack while I swing at one of the ghosts with my cutlass.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 14, 2013, 03:26:18 am »

Charge in like a woman on speed to the rest of the party and start attacking the ghost rockers!

only the Norse can make proper metal music!!!!

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 14, 2013, 09:27:13 am »

Well this is going to go so well isn't it? Cairn is going to be dead within five minutes I just know it. (and not by my own hand for once)
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Has Achieved Lichdom
« Reply #1598 on: January 14, 2013, 11:54:29 am »

Razdak creates a Gust of Wind behind himself to perform a flying headbutt on the ghost guitarist.

[11] With a mighty blast of wind, Razdak quickly propels himself forward at blinding speeds towards the guitarist! Now while chucking a mouse at an enemy would normally be as effective as, well, chucking a mouse at an enemy, ectoplasm has the same consistency as cotton candy. Thus the ghost guitarist soon finds himself with a mouse-sized hole in his chest. 1 damage

Fireball those douchebags, they were created by wild magic and they shall die by true magic

[20]

Well, I guess that we don't have any critical rules, seeing as Fighters always hit and thus never roll for criticals. Still, a 20 is going to bring the pain...

Kadvega Montalka  reaches into his Chest Plate Armour and pulls out two things. The first is a glowing red ball of magical energy, which he calmly chucks at the feet of the ghosts. The second is a pair of sunglasses, which he uses to look really cool while the !@#$%^&* huge explosion tears the ghosts a new one. 1 fire 1 fire

The ghost guitarist having taken enough damage knowing that he'll ever be as cool as Kadvega, unleashes an unearthly wail and returns back to whatever plane it spawned from. Probably one with demons and hellfire.

Hmm, they seem most unimpressed with my rock music. Oh well guess I will search the room they are in for stuff.

Unfortunately Acererak wasn't nice enough to add any loot in the chamber, so... hold on a second...

[10] You find exactly enough healing potions to bring the party's total healing potions up to ten. Yes, it is exactly the number you are thinking about. The one that when added to the number of healing potions the party has is equal to ten. I totally did not forget how many healing potions the party has. Definitively not.

MOAR FIREBALL. AGAIN

[4] You start to cast Fireball, but Kadvega beats you to it and, well, it really takes the wind out of your sails, you know? Knowing that your fireball will never be as cool or awesome as Kadvega's. Maybe next turn, when you don't feel so unsure of yourself.

Magic missile some ghost-rockers in the face! Let's see how badly you can give me a headache NOW!

[19] The ghost bassist, being the only ghost-rocker left, gets a magic missile to the face. I'm not entirely certain how he gave you a headache, but he definitively has one now. 1 force

Being unconscious, I'll use my action to snore and maybe drool a little. I'm pretty much reliant on the other members of the party to save me from certain doom, now...
I'm boned, aren't I?

No clue, but...

[8] Never mind, you're still asleep. Maybe once an ally pulls you from danger s/he can assist you on this whole 'waking up' thing.

You know, I never did say what was behind the set of double doors. Let's just do it now.

Once the horrible sleep-inducing smoke disperses, the corridor beyond the double doors is revealed. It's... exactly identical to the previous corridor. It extends to the north for about 40 feet before ending in another set of double doors on its western side.

BITE GHOSTS. HUNGER FOR THE UNFLESH OF THE SPIRITS.

[AUTOSUCCESS] You hunger for the unflesh of spirits and- [PHASE] once more the ghost manages to phase through your attack. I have no clue why it only seems to happen to you.

Grab Wall II and book it to the nearest safe place

[3] You got to grab Wall II and book it, but the sight of the golem (slowly) charging down to kill you all quickly mesmerises you. Plus Wall II seems to weight a ton, and you don't want to pull something.

I will have Beaky attack while I swing at one of the ghosts with my cutlass.

Beaky is no Ganderson Thugsley, so it merely just flies around annoyingly squawking all the time. Stupid bird.

[AUTOSUCCESS] With a mighty roar you swing your cutlass at the bassist and... actually manage to hit it. Go you! 1 damage

I believe... yes, the ghost bassist is finally dead! With an unearthly wail it disappears in a puff of smoke. Judging from the smell, it's from some kind of fantasy drug. Probably Skooma.

Charge in like a woman on speed to the rest of the party and start attacking the ghost rockers!

only the Norse can make proper metal music!!!!

With a terrible roar you charge in and Oh, the ghosts are already dead. Yeah. Okay then. Never mind.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Potion Coffer (click to show/hide)

The sleeping gas trap would be 10 times more deadly if we playing D&D so that the entire party could trigger it. Only two people? Yeah...

Well this is going to go so well isn't it? Cairn is going to be dead within five minutes I just know it. (and not by my own hand for once)

To be honest I'd be surprised if you actually died, especially since the rocker ghosts have now been dealt with. 40 feet a turn is pretty damn slow.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 14, 2013, 12:04:46 pm »

"Yeah, I'm a badass."
Continue to stand heroically,if i can get to the steam roller doom guys and then hold my breath long enough to pull one o them out, do that.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 14, 2013, 12:25:37 pm »

Inspect the room, trying to find any doors, chests, traps, etc. Probably a better job for a rouge, but I haven't got much else better to do. Also, the headache thing is because I'm prone to headaches and rock songs always trigger them for me.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 14, 2013, 01:40:30 pm »

INHALE THE DRUGS.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 14, 2013, 02:08:23 pm »

Kick Wall II in the nuts for falling asleep and forcing me to reincarnate AGAIN!
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 14, 2013, 03:38:03 pm »

CONTINUE TO GNAW AT UNFLESH, FOR I CRAVE IT'S ETHEREAL FLAVOR!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 14, 2013, 03:53:06 pm »

I'm going to try and wake up. Hopefully, being kicked in the nuts will help.
If I wake up, I run for that manhole thingy.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 134