Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371423 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Now the title makes sense
« Reply #1575 on: January 09, 2013, 03:27:54 am »

Can i haz join please??

Character:

Name: Kira
Class:Valkyrie (Fighter)
Weapons and armour: Steel hand + half sword, Steel round shield, Steel plated Battle Lingerie
Items: Lamp+Lamp oil, flint + tinder, a rope of average length, Rations and water for 1 week.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Has Achieved Lichdom
« Reply #1576 on: January 12, 2013, 01:11:51 am »

Razdak shoots some Dumbfire Magic Missiles at the ghosts. Let's see them phase through force damage!

[13] You blast the Dumbfire Magic Missile at the ghost guitarist! It indeed can't phase through force damage. 1 force

You know, it's been so long since the last update I can't remember how much HP they both have... Hmm... Definitively more than enough to absorb several more hits at least.

Huzzah! finally a foe who can take me on, surely this means a rock off! (saying so Claw gets off of his rock) There we go and now for another! (Claw picks up a stick and starts beating a beat on his rock and singing something loud and shouty about geology or something trying to out do the enemy band)

[AUTOSUC- [PHASE: SUCCESS!]

The ghost guitarist phases through Claw's enthusiastic, yet ineffectual, attack. Damn it.

MOAR FIREBALL

[16] [4] You can never go wrong with MOAR FIREBALL, as the ghost guitarist gets caught in the horrible, burny flames. 1 fire

"Nothing's better than a heart full of hope and a mug full of booze... and I got both right here!

Pommel strike the ghosts, hoping that some of the cold-bone has enough magical whatever to hit the ghosts.

[AUTOSUCCESS] The cold-bone lacks enough magical ability to hit those bloody spirits, but it doesn't really matter too much. 1 damage

Suddenly develop a taste for classical music, then because shenanigans, WILD MAGIC!

You being to cast WILD MAGIC, but then you realize something truly horrible! The document is no longer free You've forgotten it completely! Curses, foiled again.

"I don't like the looks of this..."

Tap everywhere as far as I can reach from the door with my pole to check for traps, then let someone else go first while I check the manhole for traps again. If I'm sure there's no traps, open it with some strong, meatshieldy help and jump away from possible danger.

[2 + 5] Finding nothing of note, you head back to the manhole to confirm its lack of trapiness. Seeing no convenient meatshields, you go back to check on Wall II and Cairn...

Now to business. Search the newly revealed hallway checking the doors. (I'm totally going to get killed by something like a boulder won't I?)

[7 + 5] You find... absolutely nothing. Well, the doors have weird double-hinges but that seems standard in this little section. Maybe Acererak liked parades or something. Who am I to say?

Okay, same thing I did before. Check the new hall for traps, check the new door for traps, if there are no traps, open the new door. If there are traps, or anything even remotely resembling a trap, I bolt for the secret manhole thingy.

[14 + 5] Finding no traps you open the new doors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, if it isn't far too late already, I will be joining the game.
Name: Karnii
Class: Mage
Inventory: Robe, Staff, a poisinous cloud throwing potion, and a fire throwing potion.
Spells: Wild magic, because why not?
Fireball
Detect Magic
Magic Missile
Push (A made-up spell; think limited form of the Force)

Name: Only known as the Sea-Wolf
Class:Pirate(Fighter)
Weapons and armor: Cutlass with ivory handle, fancy clothes and a over-sized tricorn.
Items: flint and tinder, ten-foot rope, a bottle of booze and a parrot named Beaky.

Name: Kira
Class:Valkyrie (Fighter)
Weapons and armour: Steel hand + half sword, Steel round shield, Steel plated Battle Lingerie
Items: Lamp+Lamp oil, flint + tinder, a rope of average length, Rations and water for 1 week.

Hearing that the thread is open again, Karnii, Sea-Wolf and Kira all arrive to the entrance to the tomb. Karnii on a last piece of Wild Magic, Sea-Wolf on a boat manned by slaves, on Kira on a slightly over-weight pony. With Wild Magic no longer readable by the DM in this world, Karnii is unceremoniously dropped on his ass. Meanwhile Sea-Wolf's slaves quickly drop the boat and make a bid for freedom. The tomb is completely surrounded by land, after all. Oh, and Kira's pony quickly returns back to Valhalla, not wanting to spend more time near the Tomb then it has to.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Just came back after emergency GMing a D&D session and was inspired to do the turn despite being late and sleep deprived and stuff. Wooooooo.

The session contained a pyromaniac, kleptomaniac, sociopath and a pervert. The only normal person was the two-metre tall bug person with four arms, who absolutely creamed almost every encounter. The first two encounters were demolished at 2 levels above the party's average, but the third and final one almost killed them. It contained a super-powerful, meatshield Oni who could do a blast 5 attack that dealt 5d6 + 12 and recharged once it was bloodied, for twice the pain. The Human Thur- Thau- Thuthingy had a blast 2 in 5 that did 2d10 + something damage and shifted everybody towards the power Oni. Throw in a knife fighter who could blitz around the field at will doing 2d8 + 7 twice in a row, and a large chuck of expendable and deadly minions and you have yourself a TPK. Well, the party ran instead of staying to die, even after I threw them a couple bones. Heh.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go crash. And possibly burn.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Has Achieved Lichdom
« Reply #1577 on: January 12, 2013, 03:47:35 am »

Er... Where am I? Am I currently outside the tomb, or with the guys fighting the ghost rockers?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: January 12, 2013, 05:52:23 am »

Razdak creates a Gust of Wind behind himself to perform a flying headbutt on the ghost guitarist.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 12, 2013, 09:38:29 am »

Fireball those douchebags, they were created by wild magic and they shall die by true magic
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1580 on: January 12, 2013, 09:47:17 am »

Hmm, they seem most unimpressed with my rock music. Oh well guess I will search the room they are in for stuff.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 12, 2013, 10:29:46 am »

Er... Where am I? Am I currently outside the tomb, or with the guys fighting the ghost rockers?

Right outside the tomb (where all new characters go), though with PC Powerstm, you can attack the ghosts this turn.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 12, 2013, 11:31:06 am »

MOAR FIREBALL. AGAIN

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 12, 2013, 01:31:26 pm »

Magic missile some ghost-rockers in the face! Let's see how badly you can give me a headache NOW!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 12, 2013, 02:29:18 pm »

Being unconscious, I'll use my action to snore and maybe drool a little. I'm pretty much reliant on the other members of the party to save me from certain doom, now...
I'm boned, aren't I?
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1585 on: January 12, 2013, 02:31:43 pm »

If this was a RTD I would advise something with lucid dreaming and unlocking the powers of your mind and hope for a 6 for Fun but yeah. Barring others being lucky your boned.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 12, 2013, 03:04:30 pm »

BITE GHOSTS. HUNGER FOR THE UNFLESH OF THE SPIRITS.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 12, 2013, 04:47:50 pm »

Grab Wall II and book it to the nearest safe place
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 12, 2013, 05:31:55 pm »

I keep reading the title as "Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Has Achieved Lincoln".
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!
« Reply #1589 on: January 12, 2013, 05:43:49 pm »

Better now?
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 134