Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371434 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Now the title makes sense
« Reply #1545 on: November 24, 2012, 10:31:07 pm »

Well, if it isn't far too late already, I will be joining the game.
Name: Karnii
Class: Mage
Inventory: Robe, Staff, a poisinous cloud throwing potion, and a fire throwing potion.
Spells: Wild magic, because why not?
Fireball
Detect Magic
Magic Missile
Push (A made-up spell; think limited form of the Force)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 24, 2012, 10:39:47 pm »

Well, if it isn't far too late already, I will be joining the game.
Name: Karnii
Class: Mage
Inventory: Robe, Staff, a poisinous cloud throwing potion, and a fire throwing potion.
Spells: Wild magic, because why not?
Fireball
Detect Magic
Magic Missile
Push (A made-up spell; think limited form of the Force)

I HATE YOU!

Now to business. Search the newly revealed hallway checking the doors. (I'm totally going to get killed by something like a boulder won't I?)
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 25, 2012, 02:40:54 am »

Okay, same thing I did before. Check the new hall for traps, check the new door for traps, if there are no traps, open the new door. If there are traps, or anything even remotely resembling a trap, I bolt for the secret manhole thingy.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1548 on: November 25, 2012, 03:29:28 am »

Huzzah! finally a foe who can take me on, surely this means a rock off! (saying so Claw gets off of his rock) There we go and now for another! (Claw picks up a stick and starts beating a beat on his rock and singing something loud and shouty about geology or something trying to out do the enemy band)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:43:25 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 25, 2012, 09:41:23 am »

MOAR FIREBALL

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 25, 2012, 10:26:13 am »

"I don't like the looks of this..."

Tap everywhere as far as I can reach from the door with my pole to check for traps, then let someone else go first while I check the manhole for traps again. If I'm sure there's no traps, open it with some strong, meatshieldy help and jump away from possible danger.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 25, 2012, 04:01:56 pm »

"Nothing's better than a heart full of hope and a mug full of booze... and I got both right here!

Pommel strike the ghosts, hoping that some of the cold-bone has enough magical whatever to hit the ghosts.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 26, 2012, 11:52:36 pm »

"I don't like the looks of this..."

Tap everywhere as far as I can reach from the door with my pole to check for traps, then let someone else go first while I check the manhole for traps again. If I'm sure there's no traps, open it with some strong, meatshieldy help and jump away from possible danger.

Open what? Isn't the manhole open already?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 27, 2012, 12:50:42 pm »

No, the door at the end of the corridor is open. Not the manhole. Right?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 27, 2012, 01:15:00 pm »

No one has investigated the manhole yet, besides checking to see if it doesn't have any traps. Hint: It does not.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 27, 2012, 07:36:34 pm »

No one has investigated the manhole yet, besides checking to see if it doesn't have any traps. Hint: It does not.

Or in other words when the DM tells you there are no traps be extra suspicious because he will kill us all if we trust him.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 27, 2012, 07:53:58 pm »

Or in other words when the DM tells you there are no traps be extra suspicious because he will kill us all if we trust him.

Correction: No obvious traps that can be found with a search roll.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1557 on: November 27, 2012, 11:54:16 pm »

Or in other words when the DM tells you there are no traps your search roll found it means you didn't roll high enough and there are some really deadly ones, be extra suspicious because he will kill us all if we trust him.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 28, 2012, 12:03:02 am »

Or in other words when the DM tells you there are no traps your search roll found it means you didn't roll high enough and there are some really deadly ones, be extra suspicious because he will kill us all if we trust him.

Or he's trying to make you paranoid. I've DM'd things before, and my favorite phrase was always "No traps... that you can find." Thing is, I only used it for untrapped doors, so my players would panic, freak out, take 20, open the door with a 10 foot pole, etc.
They still haven't figured it out.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1559 on: November 28, 2012, 12:08:13 am »

Yes that is true, I actually somewhat believe him on this, I was just making jokes by copying the previous statements wording but changed to fit his new declaration.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 134