Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371884 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Spoilers!
« Reply #1110 on: October 05, 2012, 01:27:21 am »

Well, we just killed a slimeblobcube, and I'd like to see if there's anything in here worth looting. If not, you may lead me into battle, and then stand behind me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 05, 2012, 01:29:10 am »

I would imagine just the halfa key the Gelatinous Cube was guarding. Plus the other half a key Nikita had. Which hopefully wasn't dissolved along with him.
But perhaps I am wrong and we got Monty Haul'd. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 05, 2012, 02:44:14 am »

Whoa, there, little fella. We're gonna explore in here first. When we're done here, we'll go that way.
Razdak shrugs, then puts his right paw above his eyes and pans around the room.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 05, 2012, 05:55:39 am »

I'm pretty sure I handed it over or like had it taken.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: More Fun than a Vat Full of Gelatinous Cube!
« Reply #1114 on: October 05, 2012, 09:16:16 am »

Investigate this end of the corridor.

After going forward for around eighty more feet the corridor abruptly ends in a blank wall.

[12 + 5] Or at least that's what Acererak wants you to believe, for in fact the blank wall is in reality just a blank wall. The hidden door is actually located 50 feet from the eastern edge of the pit, on the northern side of the hallway.

Hahah! Sweet sweet victory. This won't last long.
I secure the grappling end to something on the ceiling with my mage hand, give it a few quick test tugs, then assuming everything checks out, I toss the other end of the rope back over to the others.

[2] The Mage Hand fumbles the grappling hook, which quickly falls into the pit activating the trap narrowly avoiding triggering the trap. Welp.

Also, out of curiosity, why did you need to be on the other side of the pit to use the Mage Hand?

I climb along the walls across the pit. I remain clinging to the walls, because ground is overrated.

[20 + 5]

Well, it looks like you're never touching the ground ever again.

I climb along the walls across the pit.

[16 + 5] You easily climb across the pit, and add a little flair by doing some pull-ups halfway though.

Search the slime room thoroughly.

[12] The slime room has been searched five times over by now, but you look through the place anyway.

The other half of the golden key is in the pot that the slime was in, perfectly fine (if a little sticky). Gelatinous cubes can't eat through metals, you know.

Malaken attempt to scale the walls to get to the other side of the pit.

[9] You slowly scale the walls to reach the other side of the pit. You almost slip a couple of times, but you make it safely.

(I'll use this most of the time unless there's a reason for me to look like a human)

Rage over, cast Half Weight on self. Head to spike pit.
Wish I had brought Half Density too... Living balloons are funny.

[10] Having returned to your original weight, you head over the spike pit.

Carry Radzak on his head.

You carefully place Radzak on your head. D'aww, what a cute little mouse.

Name: Aroth MÜmgozzanor
Class: Royal Diplomatical Mage Unit

Items: Royal Magical Staff being no more then 10' in length but no less then 9' in length titled "Eknar Sholil" made of Ironwood and is engraved with an image of Est ìfid, Legendary Tankard "Est ìfid" made of mermaid bones and menaced with Sea Serpent teeth with an engraving of Eknar Sholil

Spells: Summon Alcoholic Beverage, Heal, Acid Splash, Summon Alcoholic Beverage, Telepathy

Upon arriving at the tomb Aroth uses telepathy to locate if anyone friendly is in the place and locates Midna first because he has so much practice finding dwarves (the manager in the mountain home seemed to actively avoid him whenever he arrived so he had too polish this skill to an unhealthy amount just to find out what they wanted the traders to bring next time) and upon arriving at her locations notices the lack of beer so summons her a supply of it with Summon Alcoholic Beverage, then with the most pressing matters attended to Heals her.

Aroth, having against all odds made it safely to the Tomb of Horrors, uses his telepathy to check for friends in the dungeon.

[8] He finds nothing, but successive waves of adventurers have left a well-marked path to follow, so he heads into the dungeon to investigate.

After having located Midna and her friends, Aroth attends to the most pressing matter of the party: It's lack of booze.

[15] Aroth quickly summons almost all types of booze imaginable. Whisky, vodka, beer, scrumple, you name it, he probably has it.

[20] He also heals Midna, but nobody really cares about that. 1 healing

Okay, then. Tarmik the Magnificent will swing back over the chasm to retrieve the polymorph scroll, the two pieces of key, which he will attempt to stick together, and introduce himself to this new arrival.

[16] Since the rope is currently just chilling in the pit, you just climb across.

With both halves of the key now found, you attempt to stick them together.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: More Fun than a Vat Full of Gelatinous Cube!
« Reply #1115 on: October 05, 2012, 09:21:00 am »

Follow the instructions of my new mouse guide and roguish lady companion.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1116 on: October 05, 2012, 09:28:24 am »

Aroth, having against all odds made it safely to the Tomb of Horrors, uses his telepathy to check for friends in the dungeon.

[8] He finds nothing, but successive waves of adventurers have left a well-marked path to follow, so he heads into the dungeon to investigate.
See? I told you he was bad at it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 05, 2012, 09:30:22 am »

See? I told you he was bad at it.

Just feel lucky that you didn't roll a one.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1118 on: October 05, 2012, 09:34:57 am »

But then Arath would never have gotten the chance to use his ugly stick! The RNG would not let such a tragedy though chances of any attack with said stick probably will back fire on him in a most final sort of way.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 05, 2012, 09:59:49 am »

Check that door for traps, climbing over to it if need be.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 05, 2012, 10:23:02 am »

Call Hans over to CAREFULLY search the next room with Cairn.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 05, 2012, 10:45:00 am »

Now that I think of it, that plan was actually kinda useless. At least, now that I know we can just climb over the pit. I'm gonna go ahead and climb back over the pit.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 05, 2012, 11:01:45 am »

Now that the immediate dangers are over, I'll thank the newcomer for the magically-summoned booze, take a bottle of whatever's strongest, and duck out of the dungeon briefly. With the help of the booze, I'll commune with nature to find a new animal companion. Whichever one makes the best first impression wins.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 05, 2012, 11:05:04 am »

Okay I'm not confused why is Cairn a "Rouge"? I thought I was careful NOT to spell it that way.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 05, 2012, 11:06:13 am »

Okay I'm not confused why is Cairn a "Rouge"? I thought I was careful NOT to spell it that way.

Because while you can spell, I cannot. I'll fix it next turn.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 134