Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371670 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Spoilers!
« Reply #960 on: September 29, 2012, 10:17:45 pm »

Fine grab everything I can carry that is valuable and run but stop about halfway to the entrance. (I have my reasons) Also don't grab the map.

Unfortunately, in all the confusion everyone seems to have carried the rest of the loot off. Oh well, at least you move halfway to the entrance.

Deciding that enough was enough for now, Kazard books it for the exit.

You book it to the exit post-haste.

Loot while the lootin's good. I'll go for that fancy crown, then the jade coffer. I'll try for the map too, if no one gets it, and throw them in my bag. Then make it toward the exit.

If things look like they'll fall before we get out, I'll toss my bag out the entryway, grab the nearest beam or strut, and support the ceiling with the strength of the mountains!

You chuck the fancy crown, the jade coffer and the map into your pack running towards the exit. You manage to get out of the tomb without having to do any heroics. I hear they terribly bad for your health...

Flee! I mean join up with Kazard swiftly.

You flee meet up with Kazard who conveniently happens to be outside of the tomb.

Leave the dungeon as quickly as possible and grab ANYTHING you can carry that looks valuable.

You pick up the gem-encrusted collar and lift the golden couch over your head before exiting stage right.

Redd hears the rumbling, grabs the nearest loot, and RUNS LIKE HELL!

The nearest loot turns out to be two magical scrolls, so you grab them and then run through the dungeon as fast as you can.

loooooooooooooot time  :D I grab the scrolls and carry them for any of the mages that want me pack horse as well as every thing unclaimed in the room then GTFO I was hoping for a longer more loot filled dongeon but life is better then loot

Hot on your heels is Tank, who is carrying the final two scrolls from the lich's room.

Razdak scurries as fast as he can to the exit, occasionally casting some gust of wind behind him for extra speed.

Moving as swiftly as possible, you run down the corridors of the tomb, using gusts of wind to stay ahead of the collapsing dungeon. You manage to leap spectacularly out of the tomb the exact second that its entrance closes behind you.

Malaken refuses to fall for the rumbling. He stays where he is, also grabbing the crown and putting it on. He also crosses his arm and gives the ceiling a stern look.

As Midna runs past you you grab the crown from her hands and ram it on top of your head, tilted at an angle to make you look incredibly badass. Suitably attired, you give the ceiling a stern look, with steely resolve in your eyes. Well, right up until the point where the stones collapse on you...

Why would he attempt to disbelieve, unless...
I use the Trueseeing gem! If the collapsing room is real, I run for it, careful to hold my breath in the misty hallway.
If it's not, I call the other adventurers back to this room and make politely ask them to carry my loot.

Amidst all the confusion and chaos, you calmly take out your gem of true-seeing and look through it. A wide grin spreads across your face, and you laugh merrily.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Also, remain chill y'all. He's a busy man, and all the hilarity that is no doubt ensuing takes time to write.

Edit: Also should someone PM USEC to see if he's even here?

Mid-Terms, what are they good for?

Has anyone else read through the Graveyard of Fallen Heroes at the bottom of the OP? Everyone gets an appropriate epitaph, even Rupert.

I try my best. In fact, how about a little excerpt for everyone who hasn't read it yet?

Does it matter if I have some knowledge about how terrible the Tomb of Horrors is?

Depends on how much we’re talking about here. If you’ve already played through the Tomb of Horrors, have read the module or something like that, then you probably shouldn’t be joining (crackling and rubbing your hands in glee is perfectly fine though). As long as you don’t have knowledge about every single trap and terror, I don’t really care. Listening to a couple of rumours or reading Order of the Stick is fine. Just make sure not to ruin the FUN for everyone else.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Spoilers!
« Reply #961 on: September 29, 2012, 10:23:57 pm »

Leave the Area. "No way I'm gonna die from this gods forsaken place."

I'm sorry but, I just somehow get close to my characters. Even the ones without backstory, or the ones designed to be expendable, like Redd was originally designed to be. Good luck, though.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 29, 2012, 10:24:19 pm »

BAAAAHAHAHAHA!

Inspect the illusion affected area for ways out.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 29, 2012, 10:26:38 pm »

Leave the Area. "No way I'm gonna die from this gods forsaken place."

I'm sorry but, I just somehow get close to my characters. Even the ones without backstory, or the ones designed to be expendable, like Redd was originally designed to be. Good luck, though.

Feeling considerate (and because they might will need those scrolls later), you drop the scrolls you found in the tomb and then walk away into the sunset, looking for more adventures. Or loot. Either one would work.

BAAAAHAHAHAHA!

Inspect the illusion affected area for ways out.

Well it was an illusion, so the dungeon hasn't changed at all.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 29, 2012, 10:32:51 pm »

((I thought as much. He's a sneaky fellow that Acererak, for those who didn't know the illusion wasn't fake, they might have had a panic attack or something as they thought it was real. Nasty shit dude.))

See if I can get back inside and head back the way I came.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 29, 2012, 10:38:26 pm »

I shall take the scrolls(having dropped my components as unnecessary flavor) and proceed to the vats room.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 29, 2012, 10:39:54 pm »

Run back to the lich's room and search for a way deeper into the Tomb. Also I've mainly only read the TvTropes page I simple don't know anyone who plays D&D sadly. I'd play if I knew anyone but nooooooo.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 29, 2012, 10:56:30 pm »

I'll take a moment of silence for Rupert.

...alright, moment of silence over. So, who wants to check this Jade Coffer for traps and/or locks? And anyone good with maps?

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 29, 2012, 11:03:12 pm »

I probably know my way around maps. May I?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 29, 2012, 11:05:21 pm »

Go for it! I'mma go back into the illusion room and fetch my axes. I'll leave the coffer here for whoever wants to take a look. Also, someone want to take a Detect Magic/Trueseeing gander at some of this loot?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 29, 2012, 11:08:10 pm »

Well, i saved myself some feet of walking...

Stroll on back like nothing ever happened.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 29, 2012, 11:15:00 pm »

I check the map and use detect magic on the loot to look for anything... magic I suppose.
Also, anyone want a handy dandy gem of trueseeing? It's pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:16:34 pm by greymountain_Sage »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 29, 2012, 11:21:26 pm »

I'll take it! I'm looking for traps all the time anyway, so I could definately use something like that!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 29, 2012, 11:21:55 pm »

Check the staircase that was previously spiderwebbed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 29, 2012, 11:32:53 pm »

I'll take it! I'm looking for traps all the time anyway, so I could definately use something like that!
All yours. Use it well.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 134