Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371469 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Shit gets serious
« Reply #855 on: September 27, 2012, 05:48:23 am »

I shall start breaking lich bones with duel maces hopefully the mace the lich hates is holy and he is confused by my mace of confusing
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 27, 2012, 07:38:34 am »

Let's skip the bits where you wander to/into the dungeon, and get to the good bits, shall we? Only Javier's body got turned into dust, so you attempt to take the Trueseeing Gem with your mage hand.

[1] The gem scatters into some godforsaken corner of the room, probably because you put seven spells in your spellbook instead of five. Shame on you.
Whoops. Must have missed that rule. Uh... Just forget fireball and Dispel Magic.
In that case, Magic Missile the Lich.

You magic missile the lich.

[3] Sadly Magic Missile doesn't automatically hit in this game. Or maybe you just lost concentration or something. I dunno.

Having picked up some mundane goggles, a fresh skin of brandy, a now-lit torch, a bundle of smokesticks, the shiniest and most reflective shield I can find, and some metagame knowledge, I'll catch up to the rest of the gang in the lich room, avoiding the noxious fumes and all that.

"Hey guys, I'm back from Badend. Took me forever to find another yellow cloak, and figure out where you all went but... gods below, it's that dead guy! The dead guy whose pelvis I'm going to kick for building this exhibitionist deathtrap! POWER ATTACK GO!"

I'll drop the torch, ready my mirror shield, and hurl a handaxe at the crown on his skull. Here's hoping that's important to his magics or whatever. If not, I hope it hurts.

Midna (why do I still remember that name?) returns to the Tomb of Horrors after finally getting a cloak with just the right shade of yellow.

[AUTOSUCCESS] She also managed to get some fancy new handaxes, which she puts to good use by chucking one at Acererak's head. 1 damage

"SUPER MEGA COMBO ATTACK, GUYS!"

Get everyone to do the SUPER MEGA COMBO ATTACKTM

Nobody else wants to do a SUPER MEGA COMBO ATTACKTM, so you attempt one yourself.

[8] Needless to say, you can't do a combo attack with only one person.

A lich! Not only that, but the lich who built this hellhole!

It's time to give the lich a taste of Furious Anger and Burning Hatred.

[7] The lich quite enjoys the taste of Furious Anger and Burning Hatred, but concludes that it contains too much salt for its diet.

I lied earlier! Attack the Lich with my bow!

[8] You attempt to attack the Lich with your bow, but the shot goes wild and hits the wall behind him.

Name: Razdak
Class: Shaman (Mage)
Race: Awakened Mouse

Weapons: Cuteness?
Armour: Head Feather, Body Paint

Spells: Create Anvil, Anchor Objects, Animate Object, Gust of Wind, Dumbfire Magic Missile

Items: Cheese

Is this okay? If so I will make my way to the lich and start casting Create Anvil to create as many anvils as I can.

Radzak, Meshach, and Abednego wanders into the dungeon and into the crypt of Acererak.

[20] Acererak didn't know what hit him (it was an anvil, if you're wondering). 1 damage

Corvus shall relocate himself to the room with NotAcererak and utilize his wand to summon pointy implements at high velocities in the general direction of the Lich.

[19] You use your wand of summon pointy implements to tear Acererak a new one. Several new ones, in fact. 1 damage

I shall start breaking lich bones with duel maces hopefully the mace the lich hates is holy and he is confused by my mace of confusing

You run up to the lich and start swinging with your new mace.

[1 + 5] ...

And you miss horribly. Way to go.

Acererak is not impressed by your horrible attack, and starts chanting another spell.

[15] The air in front of his outstretched finger suddenly develops ice crystals, and the temperature of the room quickly drops. Everyone except Maximum, GHM and Karas are far enough away to avoid this cone of magical coldness (don't ask me how).

[REFLEX: 7 + 5] Maximum manages to dodge the magical attack, but doesn't manage to avoid the entire blast. 1 damage

[REFLEX: 4 + 2] The GHM... well squishy mages shouldn't have tried to melee the lich anyways. 10 damage

[REFLEX: 6 + 5] Karas, still disappointed that nobody joined his SUPER MEGA COMBO ATTACKTM, doesn't manage to avoid the blast in time. 10 damage

Welp. At least the magical glowy mace is fine.

Get a hold of myself and investigate the chemical lab. Wrap a wet cloth around my nose and mouth before I go in first though.

You go into the chemical lab after scrounging up a wet cloth from somewhere. It smells only marginally better than the chemical lab.

[9 + 5] You find nothing new or interesting.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Seriously this is the Tomb of Horrors you will never be done due to the traps upon traps upon traps. Seriously if this was the real tomb of horrors every single room would be trapped :3 regardless I'm very very tempted to join in on this if I may be allowed.

You can join in at any time, and probably should be everybody is getting their asses kicked.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 27, 2012, 07:47:56 am »

Name: Cairn
Class: Ranger (Rogue)
Race: Human

Weapons: Dagger and Throwing Knives
Armour: Leather Jerkin.

Items: 10 foot pole

Edit: I head to the lich's chamber to "Survey the room"
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:24:39 am by zacen299 »
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 27, 2012, 08:15:12 am »

Search again, there must be something here of value! Also check for secret doors and traps.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 27, 2012, 08:19:05 am »

More pointy implements!

Also, it's Corvus, not Crovus.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 27, 2012, 08:41:20 am »

I'll send Rupert the Raven to fetch the Mace and try to drop it on Acerak. He seems to be worried about whoever's wielding it, which probably means it makes him explode or something.

Meanwhile, I'll hurl another handaxe at his head to distract him. It worked well enough last time.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 27, 2012, 09:00:07 am »

Well, damn.

Name: Karas Sirenna UNIT-003
Class: Rogue
Weapons: Rapier, Hand crossbow
Items: Rope

Karas 003, knowing precisely where his tank-mate fell, heads there

"Die, Lich scum!"

Attack Acerak
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 27, 2012, 09:20:02 am »

Name: Cairn
Class: Ranger (Rogue)
Race: Human

Weapons: Dagger and Throwing Knives
Armour: Leather Jerkin.

Items: 10 foot pole

Edit: I head to the lich's chamber to "Survey the room"

Cairn, dressed like a wild frontiersman, enters the lich's chamber to "Survey the room".

[17] Yep. That's a room alright. Maybe you'll actually find something once the horrible lich stops flinging his spells around.

More pointy implements!

[19] Your pointy implements point the hell out of Acererak. 1 damage

Well, damn.

Name: Karas Sirenna UNIT-003
Class: Rogue
Weapons: Rapier, Hand crossbow
Items: Rope

Karas 003, knowing precisely where his tank-mate fell, heads there

"Die, Lich scum!"

Attack Acerak

[1] Your attack goes wide, probably because you're too out of breath from running all the way here.

I'll send Rupert the Raven to fetch the Mace and try to drop it on Acerak. He seems to be worried about whoever's wielding it, which probably means it makes him explode or something.

Meanwhile, I'll hurl another handaxe at his head to distract him. It worked well enough last time.

[AUTOSUCCESS] Your handaxes distract Acererak while Rupert the Raven goes for the mace. Any by distract I mean smash. 1 damage

The thought of a raven killing the all-powerful Acererak amuses me greatly, so I'm going to allow Rupert to attack with the mace.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Search again, there must be something here of value! Also check for secret doors and traps.

[2 + 5] You find no secret doors, treasure or trap. You do find the mummy hand, but Malaken left that out in case somebody else wanted to see or use it.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 27, 2012, 09:23:53 am »

((Dude, I seem to have no luck in these rolls...))

Keep trying multiple times. Is there any other ways out of here while I'm looking?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 27, 2012, 09:26:32 am »

((Dude, I seem to have no luck in these rolls...))

Keep trying multiple times. Is there any other ways out of here while I'm looking?

None that you can see right now, but you keep searching anyways.

[11 + 5] You still find nothing. You find a secret door in the southwestern corner of the room.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 27, 2012, 09:37:13 am »

Rush up to the lich, scoop the mace off the ground without stopping, and bash the lich's unholy face in, while screaming like a maniac.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 27, 2012, 09:58:48 am »

Cover MZ's charge, with lots of arrows! At least two!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 27, 2012, 10:12:21 am »

was getting bored of tiptoeing around
name: tank
race: minotaur
class:fighter
wepons: battle axe (nichnamed the key), throwing axes
armor: orkish steal armor, dwarven shield
items: a steak, spare axes, rope, torch's
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 27, 2012, 10:30:05 am »

Another Magic Missile. Hopefully this one hits.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 27, 2012, 12:49:25 pm »

((So kind of the lich to leave a weapon that he's weak to lying next to him... Not at all suspicious...))

Inspect this secret door closely. Is it trapped? How do I open this one?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 134