Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space Program - Logistics & Info  (Read 51938 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space Program - Logistics & Info
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2012, 11:23:49 pm »

Terrans put a high value on ethics. We need to at least TRY to act like nice people, or else they'll decide that our necrotic-poison-spewing kajju and weird surgically-photosynthetic beards and arguments as to if we should drop colonies or asteroids onto Earth* prove that we're evil. In that case, they'd keep sending would-be heroes to blow up our bases, which would be bad. Even on the off chance that none succeeded and the military stayed out, they'd cause a TON of damage.

*BTW, asteroids are much more cost-effective, less likely to make us look like monsters, make for easier comparisons to such things as the K-T event, and just as effective.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2012, 06:41:39 am »

i am the leader of the S.H.I.P and S.H.I.T projects .

also if we drop a regular asteroid on the terra , we can blame asteroid rains and other space shit .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2012, 06:44:43 am »

Terrans put a high value on ethics. We need to at least TRY to act like nice people, or else they'll decide that our necrotic-poison-spewing kajju and weird surgically-photosynthetic beards and arguments as to if we should drop colonies or asteroids onto Earth* prove that we're evil. In that case, they'd keep sending would-be heroes to blow up our bases, which would be bad. Even on the off chance that none succeeded and the military stayed out, they'd cause a TON of damage.

*BTW, asteroids are much more cost-effective, less likely to make us look like monsters, make for easier comparisons to such things as the K-T event, and just as effective.
About that, we've settled on middle-finger shaped asteroids filled with magma. It's called operation OPERATION METEOR (Obscene and Provocative Earth Restructuring Attack That Involves Orbiting Non-nuclear Meteors Evicted Towards the Earth. Obviously. Really.)

Send your thanks to the Ministry of Extra Terrestrial Affairs.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2012, 06:57:04 am »

i am self appointed leader of Department of Earth Agriculture and Testing of Hemp (D.E.A.T.H) .

i will need some test-tube seeds .
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:59:20 am by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2012, 08:02:14 am »

About that, we've settled on middle-finger shaped asteroids filled with magma. It's called operation OPERATION METEOR (Obscene and Provocative Earth Restructuring Attack That Involves Orbiting Non-nuclear Meteors Evicted Towards the Earth. Obviously. Really.)
A bit extravagant and needlessly provocative, not to mention wasteful of good magma, but I know where to cut my losses. Good idea, the magma's a nice touch. Let's make it big enough that we only need one.

Send your thanks to the Ministry of Extra Terrestrial Affairs.
I will, when they come up with a better acronym.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2012, 08:16:42 am »

I am signing up. My name is kingfisher and I am a highly trained doctor, and I will be head of the medical department. So many problems plague our astronauts. The solution? Magma. Say an astronaut suffers oxygen deprivation. Applied magma to the lungs. Please, I hope you will see my excellence.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2012, 04:55:50 pm »

I was going to criticize you for not being a mad scientist with world changing agenda's, but then I realized we're all mad and pretty much creating our own world anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2012, 05:42:32 pm »

I am signing up. My name is kingfisher and I am a highly trained doctor, and I will be head of the medical department. So many problems plague our astronauts. The solution? Magma. Say an astronaut suffers oxygen deprivation. Applied magma to the lungs. Please, I hope you will see my excellence.
As F.O.R.G.O.T.E.N.B.E.A.S.T. of the Fortresses of Space*, I can say that this test will probably prove detrimental to the astronaut. Please do not proceed with the suggested procedure until it can be tested on an expendable test subject. Given our limited population, I advise either the creation of expendable test subjects or, if the cost of getting test subjects outweighs negative P.R. and ethical issues, Terran prisoners.
*Or whatever we name our group...And what will we name the "fort?" Shuttlemurdered?

BTW, I've also started to plan a training program here.
Sig

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2012, 06:09:53 pm »

I've never seen so much effort put into one, insane, derail.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2012, 05:15:09 am »

this derail has derailed into space .

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2012, 02:06:53 pm »

PUNS
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2012, 02:12:02 pm »

what PUNS mean ?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2012, 02:39:55 pm »

THIS thread started[/i[ in space.
Sig

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2012, 03:52:40 pm »

oh yea , the open discussion was the badass one , this is just a waste of time !

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2012, 04:00:08 pm »

The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24