Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 328220 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #285 on: September 04, 2012, 03:46:13 pm »

I just had a Forgotten Beast made of steam show up in the caverns. My dwarves dispatched it rather easily of course, but then decided they should dump the leftover piles of steam on the surface. They had no problem with that, which confuses me, but I'm sure you can figure out how it looks...

How the hell do you dump steam... That makes no sense! AAAAUGH!

Splint cancels function: Brain asploded trying to comprehend that.

Ok, I'm done now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #286 on: September 04, 2012, 04:11:27 pm »

:D :D :D

"Don't worry Urist, now all we need to do is stitch the teeth back together with adamantine strands..."

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 04, 2012, 04:54:11 pm »

:D :D :D

"Don't worry Urist, now all we need to do is stitch the teeth back together with adamantine strands..."
%$&%&%^*!!!! They've all been forbidden -- MY teeth!

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #288 on: September 04, 2012, 06:44:55 pm »

I just had a Forgotten Beast made of steam show up in the caverns. My dwarves dispatched it rather easily of course, but then decided they should dump the leftover piles of steam on the surface. They had no problem with that, which confuses me, but I'm sure you can figure out how it looks...

That's sorta like the time when my soap makers were claiming there was no lye when there was. So in annoyance I ordered all the lye dumped since they wouldn't use it anyway. So they took the lye out of the barrels and carried it to the dump in their hands.

(A) wha...how?
(B) No chemical burns?
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 04, 2012, 06:52:29 pm »

That's sorta like the time when my soap makers were claiming there was no lye when there was. So in annoyance I ordered all the lye dumped since they wouldn't use it anyway. So they took the lye out of the barrels and carried it to the dump in their hands.

(A) wha...how?
(B) No chemical burns?

It's Dwarf Fortress. Stop asking questions.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 04, 2012, 07:07:24 pm »

But missing out the beards of Dwarves is like missing out a head or a leg for the sake of simplicity.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 04, 2012, 07:22:19 pm »

I take it that body has been strung up with fishing line.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 04, 2012, 08:00:49 pm »

Didn't save a battle report or anything, but I had this elven caravan in my fortress, and they were bitching. I went along with their demands because I didn't want to lose trade with them (Half my fucking fortress was addicted to strawberry wine and other such nonsense.), so I finished up the meeting, and sent my broker to the Trade Depot. There, he found a few rope reeds sprinkled with prickle berries.
Murder.
I send a squad to take them out. The elves die easy, (This is an experienced squad with multiple weapon types.) and my squad moves on to their pack animals. This goes just as easily, except for one pesky yak who just refused to die. While I'm distracted in the mining sector, he basically takes out the whole squad. I come back up to see how everything's going, and I see a field of bodies covered in Yak Vomit, and a named Yak prouncing away happily to the edge of the map, where I like to think he took a massive dump before exitting.

tl;dr - Yak slaughtered my army, and then proceeded to regurgitate on them.

Edit: I think the Yak escaped with just a messed up stomach and some various cuts and bruises, btw. Don't remember. Something like that.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:53:07 pm by Ki11aGhost »

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #293 on: September 04, 2012, 08:38:06 pm »

I have another involving Yak Barf

My mama yak decided she didn't have enough pasture space and started attacking her baby, and kicked it in the stomach.  Cue three pages of baby yak barfing, even after it was re-pastured.  One of my dorfs got barf on him I think as well.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 04, 2012, 09:15:56 pm »

It was awhile ago so no screncap, but I do remember the fight (paraphrased):

The Hammerdwarf bites the Thrips woman in the left foot, breaking the skin and bruising the muscle!
The Hammerdwarf latches on firmly!
The Hammerdwarf shakes the Thrips woman vigorously by the left foot, and the part breaks off!
The Hammerdwarf keeps his hold on the severed part.

So, basically, hammerdworf ignored ignored his hammer and promptly bit a Thrips woman on the foot, at which point he shook his head vigorously and ripped it off, and he proceeded to carry it around in his mouth.  (There were no injuries or other obstacles to using his hammer, he just bit down and went for it.)

This raises some questions if you're one of those science fact people.
- Natural gas is colourless in real life. However, this stuff has impurities, and more importantly it is impossible to do a sight gag with no sight.
- The air is magic. Shut up.

(A) wha...how?
(B) No chemical burns?

EXPLANATION GIVEN
Didn't save a battle report or anything, but I had this elven caravan in my fortress, and they were bitching. I went along with their demands because I didn't want to lose trade with them (Half my fucking fortress was addicted to strawberry wine and other such nonsense.), so I finished up the meeting, and sent my broker to the Trade Depot. There, he found a few rope reeds sprinkled with prickle berries.
Murder.
I send a squad to take them out. The elves die easy, (This is an experienced squad with multiple weapon types.) and my squad moves on to their pack animals. This goes just as easily, except for one pesky yak who just refused to die. While I'm distracted in the mining sector, he basically takes out the whole squad. I come back up to see how everything's going, and I see a field of bodies covered in Yak Vomit, and a named Yak prouncing away happily to the edge of the map, where I like to think he took a massive dump before exitting.

Edit: I think the Yak escaped with just a messed up stomach and some various cuts and bruises, btw. Don't remember. Something like that.

I have another involving Yak Barf

My mama yak decided she didn't have enough pasture space and started attacking her baby, and kicked it in the stomach.  Cue three pages of baby yak barfing, even after it was re-pastured.  One of my dorfs got barf on him I think as well.

Making it look sitting down took some annoying tweaks that don't look right.

On the other hand, Dwarven Childcare: It isn't just for dwarves anymore.
My wooden badge was delicious.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 04, 2012, 11:14:24 pm »

I don't have a report, perse, but rather one of my axedwarves is walking around in medium quality iron armor with a pig tail sock that is dyed blue and is adorned with hanging rings of kaolinite...
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 04, 2012, 11:16:01 pm »

So.... One bitchin' sock then.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 04, 2012, 11:23:36 pm »

So.... One bitchin' sock then.
It is only *150, though. His cloak is worth more...

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 05, 2012, 12:53:06 am »

The great fight between a dragon and a zombie duck that doesen't stay dead
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 05, 2012, 03:55:52 am »

This:

This just showed up. 2-year-old fort, etc etc, fairly standard, and I have no idea what in the name of Armok's left testicle this thing does.

I still have no idea.

This made me lol.

It also left behind "lower body water" and "water laced with water, water, water, water, water, water, and water"

Water no longer looks like a word.
simply must be drawn.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 84