Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92289 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #810 on: December 21, 2013, 09:25:15 am »

The Moderator(s)

"Um, a man by the name of Barack Obama...?" Dr. Weller responds, giving The Moderator a somewhat puzzled look. "You didn't know that? The Americans have been making quite a fuss about him and just about everything he does since the day he was elected. I'd figure even someone with no interest in politics whatsoever would know he was the United States President. I mean, they're about as bad as the English are with the Royal Family..."

Jorn Darkmane

As soon as Jorn runs over and snatches the photo up off the ground, the woman falls to the floor, her body covered in deep, bleeding scratch marks inflicted by her incorporeal attacker. She stares up at the Chosen One for but a second, before passing out from a likely mix of fear, exhaustion, and excruciating pain.
With a firm hold on the photograph, the warlock rushes to finish work on his binding circle...

Halfway through the circle's completion, a booming, rage-filled cry resounds through the house, and Jorn senses a dramatic increase in the intensity of the ghost's presence. Stubborn thing is truly hell-bent on staying in this home...though, considering the immediate alternative is a one-way trip to the underworld, one can't really blame it.

Estimated time passed: 5 minutes.

12:35 remain.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 21, 2013, 11:42:03 pm »

"So he's still in his first term?

I do know about Barack Obama is. I mean, I even met the guy once. It's just I have no general timeframe of which I am in."
The Moderator smiled. Holy crap it was good to see a friendly person.

Good times...

It had been a stormy day, and President Barack Obama returned to the oval office to deal with some late night Presidential issues, phone calls with other countries. Just as he sat down in the chair, and reached for the phone, A sound unlike any he had heard reached his ears and there was a new person in the room. He wasn't any of the Secret Service.

He was an intruder. He slowly reached for the button under the desk.

"Mr President, I have already.. Disabled that alarm system. No I am not here to assassinate you. I merely wish to... Talk.
"The USA does not negotiate with terro-"
"Oh please, don't give me that 'terrorist' horseshit, excuse my French. I have  personal issue with one of your organisations, namely the CIA...

The President looked at him, interested.
"go on then..."

"Now, I know you're aware of Operation Crimson Spear conducted in the 70's, No don't act all surprised. I was pulled there for whatever BS cosmic reasons. Don't believe me? Open up the file."
Obama reached for the folder in the locked drawer. He pulled out a NATO-stamped file that says CLASSIFIED: TOP SECRET. Inside was perhaps one of the greatest society-shattering piece of information.

"1973, Europe. a UFO is intercepted and shot down by prototype stealth fighters, and a multinational team of soldiers is sent in with state-of-the-art gear to bring in real, live aliens.Few copies exist of the team photo, but if you look at it, there I am."
Obama was worried about this... person. He looked down at the photo in his hand, and then back at the intruder. Same person.
"How did you..."
"Do you trust me now? The moderator asked.
"not as far as I can throw you." Obama replied, steel in his voice.
"good, good. I need CIA Black division's funding reduced drastically."
And why would you want the sole thing keeping us technologically updated, with promises of things that will keep us stable for the next hundred years? Not negotiable."
"Tell me, what have they promised you? I mean them working with DARPA. What technological devices will give them that advantage?"
"That is classified."
"How about powered armor? Plasma guns? Railguns, Bipedal Mechs that will obsolete most tanks, laser cannons for fighter use? Optical stealth like the one I used to get in here, that kind of stuff?"
Obama looked at this intruder like he was a mind-reader.
"They're going to get it all from one source... Me. I have all of this tech, and Black Division's sole purpose is to capture me and pedal this stuff to the military. With that kinda stuff in the USA's grasp, you could take over the world. I wouldn't like that to happen. So you'll reduce funding."
"I'll think about it."

Never did see a funding decrease.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 22, 2013, 04:17:45 am »

The Moderator(s)

"...You don't remember the point in history that you're living in? That can't be a good sign...a lapse in memory like that could be an indication of significant levels of brain damage..." The doctor says in a concerned tone. "Guess we should cut the chitchat and get on with what you actually came here for, huh?"

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 22, 2013, 06:11:05 am »

The Moderator(s)

"...You don't remember the point in history that you're living in? That can't be a good sign...a lapse in memory like that could be an indication of significant levels of brain damage..." The doctor says in a concerned tone. "Guess we should cut the chitchat and get on with what you actually came here for, huh?"

"Oh not like that. Think of it like I'm Marty McFly, except a bit crazy and I didn't choose the iconic 'run in and read a newspaper to tell what year it is' theme." The Moderator starts laughing.

Why must you reference your species' popular culture like that?
Screw you, that's why.
Why must I be consigned to this crazy cage I can't escape?

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 22, 2013, 06:51:13 am »

The Moderator(s)

"Ooh, so you're a time-traveler then?" She asks with an amused smile. "I suppose that would explain why the supervisors are still willing to keep you alive even after that little joyride in the Interceptor."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 22, 2013, 10:13:48 am »

The Moderator(s)

"Ooh, so you're a time-traveler then?" She asks with an amused smile. "I suppose that would explain why the supervisors are still willing to keep you alive even after that little joyride in the Interceptor."

"Kinda" The moderator began with an amused tone

"Only the second time. Neither were by choice. Can you tell me a specific date?"
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:57:08 am by Kestrel_6 »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 24, 2013, 06:21:59 am »

Jorn Darkmane

Although far from his best work, Jorn trusts the near-completed binding circle will be of sufficient quality to successfully trap and hold the ghost long enough for him to show it precisely why, when confronted by an accomplished warlock, the dead would be wise to flee back to their graves...

As he goes about making a few finishing touches to the ritual circle, the Chosen One takes notice of a disheveled teenage girl standing over him with a long steak knife, whom he concludes right away must be none other than the lovely daughter of the now unconscious woman lying on the other side of the living room.
Given the trying circumstances this family has had to put up with for almost a year, one could quite easily understand why she may not look her most refined at the moment. But even so, silently approaching someone while holding a dangerous piece of cutlery is simply no way to make a good first impression. That cold, vacant stare she has isn't exactly helping any, either...

The Moderator(s)

"August of 2012. The...8th, I believe. What point in time were you originally from?" She curiously inquires.

Estimated time passed: 5 minutes.

12:30 remain.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 06:35:44 am by King DZA »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 24, 2013, 10:38:06 am »

"October 15th, 2014. A mere five months before the invasion..." The Moderator's voice trails off.

STOP TELLING HER EVERYTHING, GODDAMN! Common sense screamed into his mental-ear. The Moderator turned to see his sensibly-dressed counterpart.
We need to be honest to win their trust. Chances are she can also read minds- making the finger-at-temple motion, Or she knows when I lie.
Still ain't gonna help your chances... Cynicism chimed in, acting like a mope as usual
Oh quiet you.

"but I ain't gotta worry about that right now. Bigger fish to fry. Godly fish" he makes an arms apart gesture.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 25, 2013, 08:55:28 pm »

The Moderator(s)

"Well then, let's see to it that you make a full and speedy recovery." Dr. Weller says with a warm grin, apparently rather entertained by the Chosen One's eccentric demeanor. "Shall we get started?"

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 25, 2013, 09:08:09 pm »

The Moderator(s)

"Well then, let's see to it that you make a full and speedy recovery." Dr. Weller says with a warm grin, apparently rather entertained by the Chosen One's eccentric demeanor. "Shall we get started?"

"Sure."

Here we go...

Get Started

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 25, 2013, 10:48:37 pm »

Begin the ritual to bind the ghost.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 27, 2013, 11:37:58 pm »

The Moderator(s)

"Alright. First, we'll have to get you out of that jumpsuit, then run through some extensive testing and examination. After we've done full assessment of your physical and mental condition, I can get to work on setting you up with an appropriate treatment plan. The first step of which will probably be getting those burns of yours taken care of. Before you know it, we'll have you all fixed up and ready fry as many metaphorical fish of godly proportions as you see fit." She states with assuring confidence.

Jorn Darkmane

With everything now in order to finally put this troublesome specter in its place, Jorn drops the photograph into the center of the finished binding circle, and begins reciting a short incantation to commence what should be a relatively quick and straightforward ritual. Unfortunately, for reasons as of yet unclear, this seems to provoke the steak knife-wielding teenage girl to impetuously assail the warlock. Without warning, she lunges clumsily at the Chosen One, attempting to carve into him like a freshly-cooked and magically gifted holiday roast.

Demonstrating surprising reflexive ability, Jorn catches the girl's wrist as he continues to utter the incantation without skipping a beat, sparing himself a nasty knife wound while simultaneously preventing her from potentially falling flat onto his binding circle and undoing all of his careful work.
Once fully declaimed, the incantation invokes a dark and inescapable force that pulls and locks the ghost's presence into the middle of the circle. Something that the ghost is evidently not at all appreciative of. The Chosen One watches as the ghastly apparition of a young man appears in the circle before him, his face twisted into an expression of pure, ineffable hatred. He screams and roars at the warlock with a voice of such fury that it wakes the gaunt woman from her unconscious state, and causes the Chosen One himself to grow a bit wary that the binding circle may not be able to hold the wrathful entity for as long as he had initially expected.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 28, 2013, 02:16:33 am »

Jorn frowns at the girl.

"I'm only trying to help you know."

Jorn looks at the ghost.

"Exactly what is it that you want spirit?"

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 28, 2013, 03:54:39 am »

"Alright..."

As the Moderator uneasily removes his jumpsuit, among the most recent burns and other injuries is a variety of scars, some appeared caused by animals, others by blades, with many more caused by projectiles. Most interestingly was his entire right arm and shoulder, which looks like someone had shredded the outside with a multitude of smaller blades. It was quite a sight.

comply with the Doctor

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 28, 2013, 06:35:34 pm »

Jorn Darkmane

"GET OOOOUUUT!!!" The ghost responds with a thunderous shout.

As the girl slowly begins to regain some vague sense of self-awareness (something she only seconds ago seemed completely devoid of), she looks up at the robed stranger gripping her wrist, and then to the now—hopefully—securely bound apparition. "He told me to aim for your heart, but I thought it would be easier to go for the neck..."

The Moderator(s)

Dr. Weller's eyes widen as she takes in The Moderator's startling collection of bodily scars. "Well, at least I don't have to worry about this being your first medical visit..."

Under the watchful eyes of the elite guards, Dr. Weller begins the potentially lengthy process of meticulously inspecting and identifying all of the The Moderator's present injuries...
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 61