Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92346 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #600 on: January 15, 2013, 07:38:46 pm »

Do you know where I can find those that desecrated this holy place?

See if the monk can tell me about anything I can do to avenge the misdeeds done to the shrine, and if he knows where the stolen relics might have been whisked away to. Ask if there is anything else he needs to be done.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 16, 2013, 01:18:22 pm »

Take the books the cellphone and the two wallets. Head back to Gadsden.

(Somehow I doubt my poor boggart can carry the bag all the way.

Don't ask me how any of this stuff is useful in a demon summoning ritual though...)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 18, 2013, 09:16:39 pm »

Hisir Namedene

Hisir quietly exits the basement and does a quick sweep of the household in order to locate Shade and the fugitives. Once all of his companions are rounded up, the group sneaks unnoticed out the front door. Now if only all plans could go that smoothly...

Zanzetkuken the Great

Zanzetkuken skillfully manages to get in a couple precise slashes to an elite soldier's power armor without leaving himself too open to retaliation. And although most of the damage done to the armor ends up being largely superficial, it still serves to make a very important point to all nearby Black Maple forces; that the Chosen One's blade is capable of slicing through their advanced gear as if it were constructed of wet cardboard.
While this newly revealed fact causes the elite soldiers to be more wary of the Chosen One and thus keep their distance, it also causes them to call upon the help of a few other squads in the area. In a matter of seconds, the Planeswalker is completely surrounded.

The Moderator(s)

"What was that? It's hard to hear you through all that thick, bulletproof armor you're wearing." The soldier scoffs. Apparently having had enough chitchat, he then prepares to attack...

The soldier lunges ferociously at The Moderator, yet ends up missing completely when the Chosen One avoids the lunge with a simple sidestep. The soldier is thrown off balance by all of the force put behind his failed attack, and crashes to the ground. Though not before grabbing onto the Chosen One mid-fall and pulling him down as well.
The two spend the next couple minutes wrestling with each other on the floor. And while, luckily, the soldier loses hold of his knife in the scuffle, he eventually gains the upper hand, and yet again finds himself on top of The Moderator.

"Heh...guess I'll just have to kill you with my bare hands." The soldier murmurs, as he struggles to keep the Chosen One down long enough to remove his darksteel helmet.

Other-Moderator

"Damn it! It seems so obvious now!" The soldier exclaims, as his comrades express their disappointment through facepalms and long-winded sighs. 

Sir Havel the Unyielding

"I recall them setting up an encampment not far from here shortly after they had discovered our location, though I wouldn't expect it to still be inhabited after all this time. Not after they were unable find anything else to take from the shrine, at least.
Unfortunately, we never did figure out where it was they originally came from. Not that it matters all that much anymore...

I'm afraid that at this point, it's more than likely that everything they stole was sold off to private collectors and the like long ago, undoubtedly for only a small fraction of the sacred objects' true worth; I can't think of any reason why they would have gone through all the trouble of taking the items in the first place if not to make money from them."

With a defeated look in his eyes, the shrinekeeper continues. "I believe there is still much you can do in this world to help lift the followers of Lunus from these dark times, but none of it involves the recommissioning of this shrine. We abandoned the lunar goddess, and allowed Her holy temple to be defiled by greedy fools...I am all that remains of our shattered order, and fear that even my actions are beyond redemption. That is why I must ask you, noble warrior, to deliver the precious few artifacts still here to the archival shrine in Sri Lanka, and request of Lunus that She collapse this sacred structure, so that it may be returned to the Earth from which it came, and cleansed of its troubled history."

Jorn Darkmane

Jorn places the desired items back into the laundry bag, and peacefully sets out on the roughly one-and-a-half hour walk back to Gadsden...

Estimated time passed: 5 minutes.

15:45 remain.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:22:20 pm by King DZA »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 18, 2013, 09:43:33 pm »

HNNNG 1:45 LEFT TO GO
Nice job with the Canadians, though I think you'll have to kill a few to get out.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 18, 2013, 10:02:43 pm »

I think TorZon will have absorbed enough matter by the time it's finished to make the wait worthwhile.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 18, 2013, 10:04:22 pm »

I think TorZon will have absorbed enough matter by the time it's finished to make the wait worthwhile.
...I am pleased. Then again there WAS at least 10 corpses in there, so...
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #606 on: January 18, 2013, 10:09:11 pm »

Very well.. But….what will you do?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 18, 2013, 10:31:47 pm »

>Have mana begin to swirl around the blade, visibly.
"Don't make me have to kill any of you to get my point across."
>With a glance, throw the moderator's attacker off of him using telepathy.
"I really don't want to have to.  Especially since I am trying to unify humanity."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 18, 2013, 10:43:21 pm »

Exactly 10 corpses, as a matter of fact. Was that a really good guess, or did I already mention that somewhere and simply forget?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 18, 2013, 10:44:22 pm »

Exactly 10 corpses, as a matter of fact. Was that a really good guess, or did I already mention that somewhere and simply forget?
I guessed and extrapolated by my estimation of the size of the room.
Sig! Onol

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 20, 2013, 08:32:29 am »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

"I plan to remain down here, and allow my life to be removed from these lands along with Her shrine. I am certain that the artifacts shall be safe once taken to the archival shrine; they will no longer be in need of my safeguarding, and I will no longer have any reason or obligation to continue on with my existence in this world..."

Zanzetkuken the Great

Faint wisps of mana begin to circle around the blade of Zanzetkuken's adamantine short sword as he addresses the Black Maple forces.
Briefly, the Chosen One looks past the many soldiers surrounding him, and spots The Moderator being aggressively held down by one of their opponents. Not prepared to let all of the effort put into his rescue attempt be in vain, he tries to throw off The Moderator's assailant using the power of telepathy. Unfortunately, the wrathful soldier doesn't appear to be very responsive to any telepathic message the Chosen One tries to send.

A tense silence is shared between the Planeswalker and the surrounding soldiers once he finishes speaking; it doesn't appear that they intend to back down, yet they seem very hesitant to actually attack.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 20, 2013, 04:11:11 pm »

>Wait for one of them to make a move.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #612 on: January 27, 2013, 12:06:33 am »

(Wish someone had PM'd me sooner, I didn't know I was holding up the game! D: Thanks Xantolos! :C )
Gather the artefacts and do as the priest asks.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 27, 2013, 12:08:57 am »

(Wish someone had PM'd me sooner, I didn't know I was holding up the game! D: Thanks Xantolos! :C )
Gather the artefacts and do as the priest asks.
Xantalos, Xantalos, friendly neighborhood Eldritch being!
Sig! Onol

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 27, 2013, 04:22:46 am »

Try to locate a Ythilien base, a sanctuary of something by trying to sense any shadow activity
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:53:31 am by Child of Armok »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 61