Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92348 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #570 on: December 26, 2012, 12:35:38 pm »

"What a wonderful turn of events! A Planeswalker, I presume?"

"Who else?"

>use the mana that would've been used to summon the dragon, to summon a suit of darksteel plate armor for the moderator.

"Put that on, I got these in my travels.  The stuff it is made from cannot be manipulated, it can only be formed from raw energy, after that, nothing can get past it.  Worst that could happen is that you are thrown backwards."

>If some mana can be stocked up quickly, get it and store it in the blade.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:17:23 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 26, 2012, 01:35:44 pm »

(i have no idee what is happening...)

Search for anything unusual in the basement, something that points to any connection to shadowbeings

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 26, 2012, 09:08:57 pm »

Jorn Darkmane

The demon lowers its head as it concentrates, clearly struggling to form a coherent sentence in English...

"You're still ALIVE. Not powerful enough..." it says in a loud, piercing voice. It pauses to think about the Chosen One's second question, before continuing, "Name? NAME? Yxchuithiatkxcli!"...That's probably gonna take some practice to pronounce with any sort of fluency.
Jorn sits down and attempts to meditate, but 'Yxchuithiatkxcli' refuses to let him focus. The demon erupts into another bout of fell screeching, enraged by the fact that it has yet to be released despite its cooperation.

The Moderator(s)

A full suit of darksteel plate armor appears beside The Moderator, courtesy of his planeswalking pal.

Other-Moderator

"Is it edible?" The next soldier inquires.

Zanzetkuken the Great

Zanzetkuken draws his blade and uses roughly half of the imbued mana to summon up some darksteel armor for his fellow Chosen One.
He considers trying to replenish his mana stores a bit, but after sensing a multitude reinforcements for the opposition rapidly closing in, concludes that he would be unable to pool together any significant quantity in a reasonable amount of time.

Hisir Namedene

((Hisir was hiding in the basement. He heard someone leave the room he had previously tried to enter (the one with the soft humming noise), and walk down the hallway. Hisir peeked out of the basement and saw a woman enter the room across from him (a bedroom) and close the door.

If you're still confused about anything, let me know.))

Hisir heads down the basement staircase, and begins to dig through the contents of the dusty boxes for anything related to ShadowBeings (or otherwise out of the ordinary)...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 09:12:36 pm by King DZA »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 26, 2012, 09:15:17 pm »

>Get in a position on the wall next to the door that they will not hit me when they open the door.
>Grab the first guy to come in's gun and toss it to the moderator if he is unarmed.
>Disarm and knock-out anyone who tries to enter.
>Stall time for the moderator to get the armor on, if he doesn't have it on by that point.
>Fight our way out of there.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 26, 2012, 09:30:26 pm »

"Gotta love Darksteel"

put on the armour, one of the guards' holsters with pistol, and pick up his rifle and spare ammo

other-me

"If you are a certain kind of psycho, then yes."
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 26, 2012, 09:41:06 pm »

"Calm yourself great Yxchuithiatkxcli!"  release the demon. "Now, you two go kick someone out of their house or something. We need a place to stay." resume meditating.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 28, 2012, 05:48:51 am »

Zanzetkuken the Great

With the Black Maple forces only seconds away, Zanzetkuken rushes over to the door and stands against the wall directly beside it. As the door slides open, the Planeswalker prepares to attack. However, the first thing to come through the doorway turns out not to be a person, but several small, metal canisters. Having been set off just before being thrown into the room, the canisters roll across the floor, very quickly filling much of the area with thick clouds of gas. A second or two later, a large number of gas mask-equipped soldiers attempt to storm inside...

The Chosen One grabs hold of the first soldier to enter's rifle, but due to all of the gas clouds and commotion, he is unable to tell where exactly The Moderator is standing, or if has already managed to get himself a weapon.
With not a moment to waste, Zanzetkuken turns his attention over to preventing the entry of any more Black Maple forces. Sadly, he is only able to hold them off for a short time before getting too overwhelmed to stop the rest of their squads from pouring in.
While their comrades spread throughout the room, four of the well-trained men try to grapple the Chosen One to the ground...

The Moderator(s)

The Moderator watches several high-potency tear gas canisters fly into the room as he works on outfitting himself with the suit of armor.
While he is able to get the armor fully equipped with surprising speed, it is not before the irritation caused by the tear gas greatly impairs his vision and ability to breath. Nevertheless, despite the tremendous discomfort, the Chosen One hastily searches around, and successfully obtains the pistol and assault rifle of one of the subdued guards.

Other-Moderator

"Hmm...is there more than one of it?"

Jorn Darkmane

Jorn displaces some of the salt used to make the summoning circle, breaking the magical barrier confining Yxchuithiatkxcli. Once free to move about, the demon becomes a little more at ease...at least until a certain curious boggart sneaks up behind it and plucks a feather from one of its wings.
Yxchuithiatkxcli snaps and claws at the boggart, which seems to spook it, considering how quickly it runs away and hides behind its master.

For a moment, it looks as if the demon is going to enter another screeching fit. Until all of a sudden, something in the trees to the north catches its attention. "...Who is he?"
Jorn gazes across the field, and soon notices something moving behind the trees as well. Could someone be watching them? Yxchuithiatkxcli must have some fantastic eyesight to be able to spot something like that so easily at such a distance.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 28, 2012, 11:21:23 am »

kick the tear-gas canisters out of the room, and lay down suppressing fire. After they are driven back, obtain a soldiers' gas mask.

other me

"Thankfully, no."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 28, 2012, 12:39:08 pm »

>Summon 4 Memnites.  (Artifact Creatures that cost 0 mana.  I'm serious, look it up.)
>Break free using telekinesis (Blue mana represents the mind, by being able to use it, my mental abilities are increased enough to use telekinesis)
>Get my blade in one hand, with a pistol in another.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 28, 2012, 01:41:45 pm »

"Come on. Let's see who it is."

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 30, 2012, 11:25:39 pm »

The Moderator(s)

The Moderator kicks away the nearby gas canisters and blindly opens fire with the assault rifle. Yet, rather than having the desired effect of suppressing the opposition, the tactic seems to backfire when it instead ends up attracting a hail of gunfire toward him from several different directions...guess it didn't take very long for the soldiers to locate and surround him after getting past the Planeswalker. Still, nothing quite like being showered in bullets to make you thankful for magical suits of indestructible armor.

Other-Moderator

"Is it a celebrity?"

Zanzetkuken the Great
((That would have been something useful to mention beforehand. Any other mana-related superpowers I should be aware of?))

As Zanzetkuken continues to struggle against the four men, he thinks fast, and successfully calls four Memnites to his aid. Utilizing his mana-enhanced mental capabilities, he then concentrates, and sends out a telekinetic blast that causes the soldiers around him to stumble back slightly. Maybe not the most impressive telekinetic feat ever preformed, but focusing tends to be a lot more difficult when you're being manhandled by a gang of Canadian military personnel.
Luckily, the unannounced arrival of the Memnites does a fine job of distracting the soldiers before they have the chance to go another round with the Chosen One. "What the fuck are those things??"

Taken aback by the otherworldly beings summoned forth by the Planeswalker, the nearby Black Maple forces open fire upon them; keeping conveniently occupied long enough for the Chosen One to snatch a pistol from one of their holsters...

Jorn Darkmane

Jorn gets up and walks across the field toward the area of suspicious movement, his two summoned companions following closely behind. Once only a couple yards away, a middle-aged man with a hunting rifle steps out from behind one of the trees and takes aim at the trio. "Don't you come one step closer."

The man takes a moment to look over each of the dark creatures accompanying Jorn, before shifting his focus to the warlock himself. "Listen, I don't know what it is you're up to out here, and honestly, I don't really think I want to know. Whatever it is, I just know it isn't welcome in this town. Now I'm only going to say this once, so pay attention:

I want you and your...friends...to pack up whatever you arrived here with, and go back to wherever it is you came from. If I see you anywhere around these parts again, I'm calling the cops." The man states, masking his nervousness behind a stern demeanor. The demon Yxchuithiatkxcli folds its wings to once again conceal its body as it glares at the man, while the boggart seems too fascinated with the man's gun to actually listen to anything he says.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:02:59 am by King DZA »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 30, 2012, 11:46:29 pm »

Jorn snorts. "I doubt they could do anything to me." Jorn jerks his head in the direction of Yxchuithiatkxcli.  "The fate of mankind hangs in the balance. Other beings have been called here. Not all of them friendly. I have no quarrel with you. Believe it or not, I'm on your side. Of course I will leave if you insist."  Mentally tell the demons to stay calm.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:50:43 pm by Vgray »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 31, 2012, 05:30:12 am »

Me

locate one soldier, and KO him hand-to-hand.

Other-me

"In Australia-land, she is certainly talked about in the news."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #583 on: December 31, 2012, 01:30:35 pm »

To tell the truth, I am rather surprised that any of those loyal to Her still remain, for I received word that there were numerous troubles afflicting this shrine.

Sit down with your legs crossed and lay your blade across your lap.

If you would be so kind as to offer me the whole story?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 31, 2012, 02:23:28 pm »

(D'oh.  I forgot.  Anyway, the primary mana colors the character uses is blue, white, and red.  Blue [mind and intelligence] enhances mental capability, white [law and order] enhances discipline, and red [emotion and freedom] enhances emotion.)

Actions

>Intimidate the soldiers into lowering their weapons and surrendering by saying that I brought the memnites you are referring to into this place, I know where they come from, I can bring more, and I can bring worse.  Surrender or I'll let them kill you.
>If they do not surrender, have them become knocked-out/knock them out.
>Clear the room of gas.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 61