Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92293 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #420 on: November 09, 2012, 12:58:56 pm »

((Man, I hate when that happens.))
Continue to feign death; if there is still a gas sample around, infect a small part of the new creature through the big hole on its face, if not, generate a small sample and do the same.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #421 on: November 09, 2012, 07:46:04 pm »

I believe I shall head to Loreto and find if there is anything left to salvage. It displeases me to hear the followers of Lunus have grown restless, and that they have fallen to fighting amongst themselves. I will know the truth behind these happenings soon enough. Be careful wiseman, these are dark times ahead of us. I will send word to the existing shrines that Lunus has come to reclaim this world. Faith and honour. Ask Lunus to transport you to Loreto, and to deliver visions to the remaining faithful on this planet that she has returned.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 10, 2012, 02:29:37 am »

Zanzetkuken the Great

"I believe the only Chosen Ones that may not be aiming for unification at this time are Taom, TorZon, and Hisir, but I suppose you'd have to ask them yourself to be sure. Jorn Darkmane, The Moderator, and Sir Havel are the other Chosen Ones currently inhabiting the planet, and although their planned methods of unification vary quite a bit, I'd imagine that they'd each be at least mildly interested in whatever you have to say."

Jorn Darkmane

Within a forested area well away from the one he encountered the decrepit man in, the Chosen One begins to meditate once more. Expanding his consciousness, he issues a series of simple, seemingly pointless orders to his boggart, which it begrudgingly follows. Despite its lack of intelligence, it seems very keen at picking up on the commands of its master, even when they are not explicitly spoken.
After the boggart completes the last of his orders, Jorn attempts to expand his conciousness out further, and sense the presence of any fellow Chosen Ones. Sadly, the attempt proves unsuccessful.

The failure could have been due to any number of reasons; perhaps he wasn't trying hard enough, or there really are no other Chosen Ones anywhere near his location. Or maybe it's because his boggart just broke his concentration when it pelted him with a small egg it stole from a bird's nest. Who knows?

TorZon The EverShifting

With the creature focused on TorZon's primary mass, the Chosen One relies on its separated gaseous forms to infiltrate it without attracting its attention. Because the orifice it had intended to enter was closed, it was instead forced go through the two smaller ones just above it. Not that it matters much, seeing as they appear to lead to the same place anyway.
Once inside, TorZon assimilates a small portion of it while keeping the original appearance of the absorbed matter, just like it did with the corpse. Unlike the corpse, however, this creature is still very capable of feeling the intense pain that comes with having its internal walls be broken down and reconstructed, and begins to show noticeable signs of distress.

Sir Havel the Unyielding

"Stay vigilant, Havel. My meeting with the head shrinekeeper there took place almost three decades ago. I have no way of knowing what state the shrine is in now...while I dearly hope that the hardships they were experiencing have long since passed, it would be wise not to let your guard down until you can be certain."

The Chosen One exits the caves, and asks Lunus that he be taken to the shrine in Loreto. Unfortunately, the Moon goddess is restricted from doing so, due to it being daytime in his current area. The subtle whisper returns to Havel's mind, and informs him that he will have to wait until nightfall before she can safely transport him again. To make matters less favorable, the knight of stone notices that the dark blue flames of his zweihander have died out upon exposure to the sunlight. The whisper assures him that she will make the news of her reemergence known to all those still devoted to her, and promises that he will be taken to the shrine once the Moon ascends the sky.

Estimated time passed: 30 minutes.

20:30 remain.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 10, 2012, 02:58:24 am »

Other-me

"JHow long will this take?"
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 10, 2012, 03:00:26 am »

(Note: Having your body forcefully taken from you hurts. Good to know.[/captainobvious])
Slow assimilation so the pain is unnoticable, or very low-level pain. Continue feigning death; the bipeds must be carrying one somewhere!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 10, 2012, 04:58:55 am »

(( DZA, is there actually any way we can kill TorZon? Practicly? And this is really taking a long time, i will have to get some sort of transport!!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 10, 2012, 05:23:15 am »

(( DZA, is there actually any way we can kill TorZon? Practicly?

Several. It's also worth noting that defeating another Chosen One doesn't necessarily mean killing them.

this is really taking a long time, i will have to get some sort of transport!!

I concur.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:25:20 am by King DZA »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 10, 2012, 06:52:25 am »

(Timeskip please?)
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #429 on: November 10, 2012, 09:04:03 am »

Stand guard at the entrance to the shrine until nightfall.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 10, 2012, 10:43:10 am »

Look at your map again and make your way to Hopkins.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 10, 2012, 06:46:04 pm »

Then contact Jorn Darkmane, The Moderator, and Sir Havel, if they are not indisposed at the current time.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 10, 2012, 10:26:24 pm »

(Timeskip please?)

If the others are cool with it, then sure.

Hisir Namedene

Hours of ceaseless walking at last brings Hisir to the front gate of a sizable property. Containing a number different facilities, and completely enclosed by a tall chain-wire fence, it doesn't take the Chosen One long to figure out that the property before him must be a prison. Such a place is certain to hold an abundance of unquestionably criminal individuals, each of them no doubt longing for the sweet taste of freedom.

The Moderator(s)

Sitting quietly in his chair, the Chosen One is suddenly permeated by an unusual sensation; it feels as if his consciousness is being slowly pulled away from his body. Though it's not all that hard to resist if he tries, his intuition tells him that he should embrace the strange feeling...

Other-Moderator

"Estimated time til arrival is 31 hours. Not taking into account the pit stop we'll be making in Papua New Guinea." One of the soldiers tells The Moderator.

TorZon The EverShifting

TorZon slows the assimilation process to a near halt, and the intense pain subsides. The creature takes a few deep breaths, and starts to converse with the others for a while. Eventually, the two creatures that TorZon arrived with make their departure, leaving the Chosen One in the hands of this newer entity.

Continuing to maintain its lifeless appearance, the Chosen One is carried to another room of the building, where it is stripped of any garments before being tightly wrapped in another, different fabric. It is then placed in a cold, metallic box, where it silently waits...and waits...and waits...

Sir Havel the Unyielding

During his protective watch over the cave entrance, Sir Havel hears a familiar voice in the back of his mind. Much louder than the subtle whisper that previously spoke to him, it insistently calls him back to the aetheric plane...

Jorn Darkmane

Well into his pleasant walk to Hopkins, Jorn abruptly stops when he is overcome with a strong urge to meditate yet again. After taking the time to analyze the seemingly inexplicable urge, the Chosen One realizes he is being beckoned to return to the vast aetheric fog this adventure began in...

Zanzetkuken the Great

Zanzetkuken hovers around patiently for what feels like a couple minutes, while the spectral figure closes its eyes and concentrates...

"If they decide to accept my invitation, we should be seeing them around here any time now..."

Estimated time passed: 1 hour 30 minutes.

19:00 remain.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 10, 2012, 10:51:52 pm »

That is good, then.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #434 on: November 11, 2012, 12:24:15 am »

Meditate and consult with the figure.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 61