Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109724 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 2: Two Down [1 Replacement]
« Reply #240 on: August 24, 2012, 03:34:07 am »

Hapah:
I was checking the thread to make sure it didn't end up a nolynch, but Tir broke the tie so I didn't have to act.
Bullshit. You were active hours earlier, you clearly didn't have a strong reason for your vote (as you called out Toaster for shaky justification), and yet you were still content with your nolynching vote. There were things you could have done, but you did nothing. This is at best cowardly & badly played town, and at worse the work of a scum that tried and failed to secure either a nolynch or a mislynch of me instead of borno. I think the second.

Who was I supposed to vote, borno?
borno was lynched anyway. If you didn't want that, you had enough time to make a case why, but you didn't. Or you could have voted him and broken the tie, but a nolynch seemed good enough for you. Or you could have voted Toaster and made a case, or reviewed the case on Zombie for more options. Hell, you could have retreated and just unvoted to break the tie... but no. You chose to keep your vote knowing there was no reason for it, knowing it created a tie, and even though you were on, active, engaged, you still failed to either justify or move your vote until it was taken out of your hands. Which is what scum would do in that case.

It's sad to see it came down to the SK-ally to do the townie thing.

So when would you like me to vote, then?
Before I called you scum for it. It was massively scummy of you to vote as a reaction to my calling you scum for not doing it.

OOC: In principle, and for future games, you should vote much more often. A couple of times or more D1, either RV or with reasons/pressure, open D2 with a vote to find something out and change it as better options appear. For games where you are town, you should vote and change your vote as scumhunting requires, reading people's reactions to your votes; for games where you are scum, you should do it so you appear town and find a convenient mislynch target. The only wrong answer is to do as you have done in other games: withhold your vote to the end of day, failing to exert pressure or create a case or a target, failing to show yourself for other people to read, failing to seek reactions to your votes and cases on people.

The wrong answer for this game, however, was to vote when your lack of vote was called "scummy". Doing it as a reaction when called on it betrays your scum alignment.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE
« Reply #241 on: August 24, 2012, 09:29:24 am »

What tunnely attack? You're just making shit up, aren't you?
Umm... Maybe the one on Bookthras?

Sure thing.

No, wait. You haven't explained how it's a tunnel yet. Maybe you ought to?

Just remembered, a big reason I voted is because of this, in which Jim tells other people to do the voting such that he does not have to be responsible for the lynches.

Are you retarded? I was voting Bookthras. I can't break a tie in Bookthras' favor if I'm already voting him.

Ehh. Not sure if I agree with this, cuz I thought scum were all about not being detected, y'know?

Hiding doesn't do a lot of good if you're about to be lynched. Acting more brazenly and desperately wouldn't be out of the question.

Were you a serial killer, who would you have chosen to kill N1 and why?

Probably one of Imiknorris, Toaster, and Shakerag, for having good day games I would be scared of.

This is awfully thin for late D2 from you...

This is bullshit but I don't care enough to get into a pointless argument about it.

derp tunnel

Why the fuck are you interjecting your opinion in a question directed to zombie urist?

What's worse is that you're supplying zombie urist with arguments. I want to know what zombie urist thinks so I can get a read on him, but don't you think that might be a bit hard when he has you to rely on to give him ammunition?

What the fuck do you think you're doing, Bookthras?

Please restate your top three picks, with more substantial reasons/cases, and justify your vote.

Sure.

1) zombie urist - For making a terrible chainsaw argument and then voting me for shitty reasons.

2) Shakerag - For not paying close attention to the game.

3) blackmagechill & All - For lurking.

But you, Bookthras, are scum for posting insubstantial fluff in favor of actual content, voting for weak reasons during Day 1, and being a drama queen at the end of the day.

Wait, crap. I just restated my cases with more substantial formatting. I guess that will have to do.

But you can add on running interference for zombie urist while I'm in the middle of asking him questions as an additional reason to vote for you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2012, 09:34:36 am »

Hapah:
I was checking the thread to make sure it didn't end up a nolynch, but Tir broke the tie so I didn't have to act.
Bullshit. You were active hours earlier, you clearly didn't have a strong reason for your vote (as you called out Toaster for shaky justification), and yet you were still content with your nolynching vote. There were things you could have done, but you did nothing. This is at best cowardly & badly played town, and at worse the work of a scum that tried and failed to secure either a nolynch or a mislynch of me instead of borno. I think the second.
No, I was checking the thread and watched that Jim/Tir discussion unfold. borno's lynch would have just gotten the lurker out of the way, yours would have actually given us some information. It wasn't perfect (D1 lynch candidates seldom are), but you were the best pick of a bad lot.
Who was I supposed to vote, borno?
borno was lynched anyway. If you didn't want that, you had enough time to make a case why, but you didn't. Or you could have voted him and broken the tie, but a nolynch seemed good enough for you. Or you could have voted Toaster and made a case, or reviewed the case on Zombie for more options. Hell, you could have retreated and just unvoted to break the tie... but no. You chose to keep your vote knowing there was no reason for it, knowing it created a tie, and even though you were on, active, engaged, you still failed to either justify or move your vote until it was taken out of your hands. Which is what scum would do in that case.

It's sad to see it came down to the SK-ally to do the townie thing.
A borno lynch wasn't preferred, no, but a lurker lynch is better than no lynch. I was watching the thread to make sure there wasn't a nolynch, but Tir took care of it. (And the SK-Ally was technically a Survivor, really)
So when would you like me to vote, then?
Before I called you scum for it. It was massively scummy of you to vote as a reaction to my calling you scum for not doing it.
You left out the other relevant part of that quote.
Quote from: Hapah
So when would you like me to vote, then? I left on Tuesday before the thread unlocked, I didn't get a chance to read it Wednesday evening, and I wasn't prepared to vote until I got off work and could play with LurkerTracker for a minute today.
You're accusing me of being scum for not voting before I was able to vote (I could technically vote at work, but I wanted a look at Dar's posts first). Do I get to give you shit D3 because you didn't post your vote during N2?
Quote from: Book
OOC: In principle, and for future games, you should vote much more often. A couple of times or more D1, either RV or with reasons/pressure, open D2 with a vote to find something out and change it as better options appear. For games where you are town, you should vote and change your vote as scumhunting requires, reading people's reactions to your votes; for games where you are scum, you should do it so you appear town and find a convenient mislynch target. The only wrong answer is to do as you have done in other games: withhold your vote to the end of day, failing to exert pressure or create a case or a target, failing to show yourself for other people to read, failing to seek reactions to your votes and cases on people.

The wrong answer for this game, however, was to vote when your lack of vote was called "scummy". Doing it as a reaction when called on it betrays your scum alignment.
For now, we'll agree to disagree on D1 votes.  I cast a vote with my first real D2 post, and I'm glad I did, since I've been so richly rewarded for it.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 24, 2012, 10:09:00 am »

Hapah:
A borno lynch wasn't preferred, no, but a lurker lynch is better than no lynch. I was watching the thread to make sure there wasn't a nolynch, but Tir took care of it. (And the SK-Ally was technically a Survivor, really)

Now this is juicy.  How do you know there isn't an SK?

Book
Toaster:
He loves his drama and loves the spotlight.  Hamming it up when he's got the spotlight fits entirely within my meta read of him.
I do love the drama thing, and enjoy the spotlight, sure, but notice how it fits within his "meta", not "scum meta" read of me; i.e., I do love the drama regardless of alignment, on all games, so how does he read that as part of his "case"?

That, with his acting on gut over case, his hilariously bad attempt to label my vote as a bandwagon,
a) my case was posted even before I cited gut, unlike your "meta and not paying attention" lack of a case; b) it was a third on bandwagon vote, with no reason or case beyond "not paying attention", that is a bandwagon vote under any definition.

his uncharacteristic clamming up come D2, gives me plenty of reason to vote him.
I like how you accuse me of being some sort of mastermind who can "carefully time" when he can get on to post. As you know, some days I'm busier than others. Yesterday I was busy, and still made a couple of posts. There's no clamming up except in your imagination; your trying to add this spurious bit to your "case" is scummy as well.

Part 1:  Context.  Yes, you ham regardless of alignment, but the timing and process just stank of "appeal to emotion" to me.

Part 2:  You didn't cite your case when you voted me.  There was no reason not to do so.

Part 3:  Throwing my words back at me works better when they make any sense at all in the context.

Considering your case on Hapah, would you have thought him scummy if he responded to your post and continued not to vote?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 24, 2012, 10:14:19 am »

PFP

I don't. But he had this.

(Auto) Tricks: You also act as a Survivor in terms of win-con.

He wins with SK, he can win with town and scum. He's like a super-survivor, because he can (I guess?) still win with the SK even if he's dead.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 24, 2012, 10:52:23 am »

Hapah:  Yes, but you said he's "technically a survivor."  Not ALSO a survivor, but a survivor- implying his other wincon is fake.

Try again- what do you know of serial killers here?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2012, 10:55:18 am »

Do you have an actual case on me or are you just pressuring me?
I would have unvoted, until I read this line.  Is my vote on you making you nervous? 

Hapah:

Now this is juicy.  How do you know there isn't an SK?
Where are you getting that Hapah "knows" there isn't an SK? 

Were you a serial killer, who would you have chosen to kill N1 and why?

Probably one of Imiknorris, Toaster, and Shakerag, for having good day games I would be scared of.
O_o

You're paying startlingly little attention to the thread, you know that?
This is true.  My head feels full of fuck lately.  Will try to correct that.

Shakerag: your question to Jim implies that I must be town because scum wouldn't ever fakeclaim miller.
No, I felt that you weren't the type to try and pull that off, not scum in general.  Clearly my assumption was incorrect. 

Top choice is still Jim, mostly for his tunnely attack thingies. I also don't like the BS pressure vote thing from D1.
Seriously now?  Half the fucking players in this game are tunneling.  Try harder.  If you want to vote someone for tunneling, then what's your read on UI and Darishush?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2012, 11:02:38 am »

PFP

Toaster: If you win with everyone (Survivor) and you win with the SK (SK-Ally), then as far as I'm concerned you're a Survivor. The only reason I brought it up is because Book said something along the lines of "It's a sad day when the SK-Ally has to do the townie thing", and the way I see it he was technically a survivor that can still win while he's dead and not an SK-Ally.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 2: Two Down
« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2012, 11:26:23 am »

Dar: Why have you been so combative? How are you so certain of UI's scumness? Why the tunneling double standard?
You're a fucking dumbass. THAT'S my reason for being combative. I've drawn up a neat list of reasons why UI is scum IN MY LAST FUCKING POST and you ignored it and instead voted me because... Er, why exactly did you vote me? Do you disagree with some part of my case on UI? Then pray tell me about it. He is your scumbuddy whom you unabashedly chainsaw? Well, that's much more likely.

Top choice is still Jim, mostly for his tunnely attack thingies. I also don't like the BS pressure vote thing from D1.
Seriously now?  Half the fucking players in this game are tunneling.  Try harder.  If you want to vote someone for tunneling, then what's your read on UI and Darishush?
The fuck? You didn't ever mention tunneling before, you didn't address neither UI nor me in the entire D2 (or at least to such an extent that I can remember it without going looking for it) and... what the fucking crap was that, seriously? Apart from the horribly blatant chainsawing, obviously.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 24, 2012, 11:37:23 am »

PFP
Dar:
Quote from: Dar
You're a fucking dumbass.
Refreshing.

I agree with UI in that it looks like you pulled half of those points out of thin air. You can either keep pissing into the wind or you can show where those contested points came from.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 2: Two Down
« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2012, 11:47:31 am »

For example, what's your read on the me/Jim/Book bit?
Right now Book tingles my scumdar due to ignoring questions and asspull vote on you, but not to such an extent so as to deserve a vote.
Jim is being stupid. You are being a fucking hypocrite by doing nothing except gliding along on that Book vote and giving me flak for doing nothing.

Now be a chum and name at least two suspects.
Can you count to two? Are you completely certain that Jim equals two people?

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME? Surprise announcement: BMC is dead.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 24, 2012, 11:52:27 am »

Goodness, it appears you are correct.

Yeah, well, this is what happens when the OP doesn't get updated.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 24, 2012, 12:00:31 pm »

Jim:
Goodness, it appears you are correct.

Yeah, well, this is what happens when the OP doesn't get updated.

I guess that day 2 opener post was too much to read.  Already knew what was going to be in it?

Shakerag:  Yes.  Your completely empty vote is shaking me to my core. [/sarcasm]

Anyway, he said that Tiruin "was technically a Survivor" which implies that there isn't a SK- something he shouldn't know.

Hapah:  Meh.  Whatever you say.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 24, 2012, 12:03:23 pm »

Hapah:
I voted you because you were the best of a bad lot. Who was I supposed to vote, borno?
Who did you suspect? And why are you asking him who you should have voted?

Failure to act my ass. I was checking the thread to make sure it didn't end up a nolynch, but Tir broke the tie so I didn't have to act.
Passive as all hell. You could have just broken the tie yourself.

Classy. And it just seemed kinda excessive. I pointed out that he was guilty (in my eyes) of the same thing he accused UI of. He then gives that list of things that UI has supposedly done, and as best I can tell UI's right: Quite a few seem to be pulled out of thin air. I'm sure he'll point me at least one answer I didn't see and call me blind/stupid/an idiot for it tomorrow, though.

I cast a vote with my first real D2 post, and I'm glad I did, since I've been so richly rewarded for it.
I can't tell where the sarcasm ends and the resentment begins.

Toaster: If you win with everyone (Survivor) and you win with the SK (SK-Ally), then as far as I'm concerned you're a Survivor. The only reason I brought it up is because Book said something along the lines of "It's a sad day when the SK-Ally has to do the townie thing", and the way I see it he was technically a survivor that can still win while he's dead and not an SK-Ally.
So that's how you're parsing his wincon? I'm reading it as "he wins with the SK, but only if he's still alive."

Jim:
Are you retarded? I was voting Bookthras. I can't break a tie in Bookthras' favor if I'm already voting him.
I'm curious why you didn't even try. You had a chance with Tiruin, but you were focused on getting Tiruin to vote borno instead. Why?

Are... are you feeling alright?

See my response to Dariush below.

Dariush:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 24, 2012, 12:32:45 pm »

I guess that day 2 opener post was too much to read.  Already knew what was going to be in it?

No, I just forgot.

BMC wasn't doing very much even before he was killed so it didn't really register that he was dead, since his continued absence was consistent with my impression of him in the game so far.

It was dumb. Oh well.

Jim:
I'm curious why you didn't even try. You had a chance with Tiruin, but you were focused on getting Tiruin to vote borno instead. Why?

I did try. I told everyone to break the tie. I also repeatedly called Bookthras scum. That's about the best I can do.

If you think I should've called people out and told them to vote Bookthras, I've done that in past games. People don't care. They also get mad. Unless they see the merit in the case, they won't bother changing their vote.

I singled out Tiruin because it wouldn't have made sense for him as a double voter to let a tie happen when he had only one of his votes was contributing to a tie. It was a separate issue, motivated partially to break the tie, but motivated more by my curiosity about his lack of action in the situation.

O_o
Are... are you feeling alright?

I'm sorry I have a high opinion of your abilties.

I'll retract it.

See my response to Dariush below.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Like you've never made a stupid mistake in a game of mafia before.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28