Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109748 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 2: Two Down
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2012, 03:27:47 pm »

12 hours isn't a last minute vote change.
I never said it was. Merely well timed.

I don't get what the fuck is your issue then.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2012, 05:20:42 pm »

Shakerag: Where'd you go after Toaster responded to your questions? Who do you suspect?
RL stuff, scum IC, hardcore procrastination, etc.  I do realize that I've been rather lax about posting, and I apologize for that.  Second part coming below.

Shakerag, Hapah: please get more involved. Where are your suspicions now? What is your take on Zombie's vote on borno D1, and his argument about Jim's tunnel on me? What is your read of each other?
ZU voting borno:  Looks like a pressure vote turned lynch vote to me. 
ZU's argument about Jim:  There isn't enough duct tape in the world to make it hold water.
On Hapah:  No real strong read from him.  He was RL busy for a stretch, and nothing stood out significantly to me from the rest of his posts.  The only curiosity I can really see is asking for an extend and then votecount when he didn't really have any other posts around those two. 

My current suspect from skimming back over the thread is Bookthras, largely because of the number of "theory" posts instead of scumhunting posts, although ... I'm not sure if it feels right for Bookthras to try a scum-miller gambit thing.  Hmm.  I'll have to sit on that for a bit while I'm RL-busy for several hours now.  Re-read and content tonight, barring falling asleep at the keyboard. 

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2012, 06:34:36 pm »

Sorry folks, was out of town last night and today. I'll give the thread a read tonight.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2012, 11:04:03 pm »

Web:  Is TolyK coming back?  Is he gone for a role-related reason or a rule-related reason?
I cannot answer that as I'm not TolyK. But role-related.

Mod: Did Tiruin know who the serial killer was? Did the SK know Tiruin was a SK-ally?
I cannot answer that as I'm not Tiruin. I also cannot answer the second question.

MOD, does the existence of an SK-ally imply the existence of an SK?
If there is an SK-ally, then there is usually an SK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2012, 12:00:41 am »

Reread is going to have to wait until morning.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2012, 12:04:37 am »

Mod: Did Tiruin know who the serial killer was? Did the SK know Tiruin was a SK-ally?
I cannot answer that as I'm not Tiruin. I also cannot answer the second question.
General case then - would an SK ally be told who the SK is? Would the SK be told Tiruin was an ally?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2012, 12:13:42 am »

If there's usually an SK to go with the SK-ally, then is it technically possible for an SK-ally to exist without an SK?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2012, 12:31:47 am »

College just started. Gonna do a reread + more content tomorrow.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2012, 01:41:47 am »

General case then - [...] Would the SK be told Tiruin was an ally?
*derp* Must be bedtime.

Would an SK be told if they had an ally? If so, would they be told whom?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2012, 04:10:56 am »

This is bullshit.  There were also eighteen posts on D1 since your last post there.  While many were short filler posts, there were many lengthy ones.  Don't tell me you can't make a case out of twenty+ posts, given you can also reevaluate D1 in light of the various flips.

Now can you stop with your deflecting and see about making an actual case on anyone other than your tunnel target?
You are completely right! There were eighteen posts on D1 since my last post there! Except the absolute majority of those were discussing either Book's WoTs or borno's fuck-ups. So no, not really a lot to make a case from. Do you think otherwise?

You're still defying your own logic. Don't deflect - explain.
Fun fact: I actually did forget about your borno bandwagon.
Shakerag for being a lurkyass.
Jim for trying to get Tiruin to lynch the latter's suspect instead of his own.
Great! Now why are you continuing to sit there and bark back at me instead of doing something about those suspicions? I don't remember you adressing either of those people over the entirety of the game.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2012, 07:13:45 am »

If there's usually an SK to go with the SK-ally, then is it technically possible for an SK-ally to exist without an SK?
Technically, yes, though this is almost always action related.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2012, 10:10:00 am »

PFP

Dar: Aren't you being rather pot-and-kettle with UI? You give him flak for not following up on his secondary suspicions, but state that you are willing to tunnel your primary suspicion here.

Book: No real read on Shake, but leaning town for reasons I couldn't hang a hat on. I've gotta look over ZU's posts again.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2012, 10:22:21 am »

Dar: Aren't you being rather pot-and-kettle with UI? You give him flak for not following up on his secondary suspicions, but state that you are willing to tunnel your primary suspicion here.
No, I am not. Unlike him, I didn't bandwagon borno with shit instead of arguments, tunnel Think out of blue, ask the single scummiest possible question to Book at the beginning, shrug away all questions, give the craptastic response to my question about his borno bandwagon, happen to be extremely passive over the entire game and begin D2 with a single accusation being that my target only attacks one insanely scummy target. And that's an incomplete list. I didn't do any of those things. He did. But certain people seem awfully quick to notice that I didn't conjure a case out of thin air as soon as D2 rolled around while completely missing all the scummy shit UI did.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2012, 11:28:32 am »

Dariush:
Great! Now why are you continuing to sit there and bark back at me instead of doing something about those suspicions? I don't remember you adressing either of those people over the entirety of the game.
They're minor suspicions at the moment.

No, I am not. Unlike him, I didn't bandwagon borno with shit instead of arguments, tunnel Think out of blue, ask the single scummiest possible question to Book at the beginning, shrug away all questions, give the craptastic response to my question about his borno bandwagon, happen to be extremely passive over the entire game and begin D2 with a single accusation being that my target only attacks one insanely scummy target. And that's an incomplete list. I didn't do any of those things. He did.
Wow. About half of that (the bolded half) was just pulled out of your ass. And it smells like it, too. Also, you didn't actually answer his question.

tunnel Think out of blue
Back this up.

ask the single scummiest possible question to Book at the beginning
How is it the single possible scummiest question? You keep calling it that.

shrug away all questions
Back this up.

begin D2 with a single accusation being that my target only attacks one insanely scummy target
Pay attention when you read my posts. Specifically, don't skip my posts if you're trying to build a case on me.

And that's an incomplete list.
Then stop bullshitting around and give us a complete list. And because you're most likely going to have to come up with it before doing so, you can take advantage of your re-read (you are going to re-read, right?) to develop some other suspicions as well, which you will then share.

Jim:

Are you trying to suggest that there isn't an SK?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2012, 11:55:45 am »

Toaster: Given the miller claim and his chatty-ness this game, how does Bookthras come across as scum to you?  To me it feels like he's town, maaaaybe a survivor.  Especially given how he was acting when D1 was supposedly going to end.  I think Bookthras is enough of a big boy to not seriously try and bullshit a "when I flip town ... " story. 

Jim:  How many instances of "scum claiming miller" can you recall? 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28