Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109758 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 2: Two Down
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2012, 01:05:42 am »

That is not a post.
I meant this post.

How is this a chainsaw? It's asking for justification for a meta claim from someone I already suspected.
And Bookthras started his attack on Imiknorris after I started mine on Bookthras.
So maybe you'd like to explain how the chainsawing makes sense, change the target of whom I'm chainsawing for, or maybe you'd like to admit that you're full of shit.
Also, Bookthras isn't dead yet.
MOD, does the existence of an SK-ally imply the existence of an SK?
It's a defense of UI. Can you summarize your reasons for voting Bookthras?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2012, 01:27:50 am »

It's a defense of UI.

Yes, that is what you're accusing me of.

You still haven't explained how.

Can you summarize your reasons for voting Bookthras?

It's the same reasons from Day 1.

Posting lots of irrelevant fluff as substitution for actual content, weak reasons for voting, being a drama queen at day's end. Toaster makes a bunch of points against Bookthras that I agree with as well.

Where are your suspects going into Day 2?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Night 1: Flavorless For The Moment
« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2012, 02:37:58 am »

more trickier
Shakespeare turned in his grave.

UI is still scum.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2012, 03:48:10 am »

I'm going to repeat my assertion that Jim's attack on Bookthras looks like a chainsaw for UI.
I don't think it's a chainsaw, but it lacks actual justification (the reasons he posted don't stand to actual scrutiny).

As for me, I'm back on Toaster, for same reasons as D1 (decisive bandwagon vote at 12 hours from day end, with "not paying attention" as only justification -- that's a massively scummy bandwagon vote).
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2012, 04:31:57 am »

Bookthras:
his carefully timed bandwagon vote

You keep bringing this up.

12 hours isn't a last minute vote change.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2012, 08:46:04 am »

ZU:
I'm going to repeat my assertion that Jim's attack on Bookthras looks like a chainsaw for UI. Here are some posts where Jim defends UI. 1 2

If he's so scummy, why aren't you voting him?  If he's not voteworthy, why aren't you finding anyone else who is?

Bookthras as per yesterday's reasons.

Speaking of my case, as of when the vote was cast, your lack of attention was the main selling point on the vote. You were my chief suspect at a time when my previous suspect stopped being voteworthy.
So, I was your chief suspect due to lack of attention? Asking what you thought was a duplicated question to UI is what made you so sure I was scum to put a bandwagon lynch vote on me 12 hours from day end? Was that the totality of your reasoning for it?

At that point, yes, you were my chief suspect, and voteworthy as such.  If it happened to be the lynch vote, so be it.  You certainly didn't make me feel bad about it.

I think your case only came after you had time to come up with one.
Not so, I called you out for bandwagoning immediately, and called you scummy you for it. That is the core of the case, and I stated it right there when it happened. At the time, I was chasing UI, so I kept my vote on him; once the day seemed to be over, I reviewed the day and decided you were scummier than him, so I made it a point to say so to the town before hanging.

The case was always there, but with three minutes left in the day I didn't take the time to elaborate. My gut, however, has been worried about you for a longer time.

I guess I was crediting you with more case than "He bandwagonned me," so I'll have to grant you that point.  Your gut isn't an arguable point.

Dariush:  Is anyone else scum, or are you just going to Toonyman-class tunnel him all game long?

Web:  Is TolyK coming back?  Is he gone for a role-related reason or a rule-related reason?

Hapah:  I don't see how more aggression than "normal" is bad, but whatever floats your boat.

Quote from: Toaster, in regards to Book's Just-Before-Lynch post
Point A and above is a veiled appeal to emotion.  No one has mentioned your claim in any case against you, so pointing it out here is meaningless, except for the "Woe is me!" factor.  Point B lacks justification- a major deficit since you were putting this out here as your last word.
The second bit, especially. I'm not sure how much detail you were looking for; as far as he knew he had three minutes until lynch, right? He ended up getting an hour and change (and another day, in the end), but I'm not looking for a novel from someone's last breath.

I disagree- he had time to say "He is scum because..." and at least finish the sentence, if not give links and detailed analysis.

On the ground, blackmagechill's avatar was just a shell of its former self. Nuts to that. My hats off...

blackmagechill - Mr. Peanut

Har har.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2012, 09:05:51 am »

Dariush:  Is anyone else scum, or are you just going to Toonyman-class tunnel him all game long?
There are two other scum. And yes, barring some extreme developments to the contrary, I'll be intent to see his scummy ass lynched.

More seriously though, it's impossible to get any solid reads on people, with the love hate triangle of Book, you and Jim chewing up all space with their WoTs. Right now Book tingles my scumdar due to ignoring questions and asspull vote on you, but not to such an extent so as to deserve a vote.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2012, 10:44:19 am »

Dariush:
There are two other scum.
If you consider the "fallacy" (that was half of your reason for voting me) a no-townie-would-possibly-do-this thing (as you've stated you do), you've already found two others - Book and Toaster, who also went after Think for the same thing. My question is, why didn't you realize that yourself?

More seriously though, it's impossible to get any solid reads on people, with the love hate triangle of Book, you and Jim chewing up all space with their WoTs.
No. It is impossible for you to get any solid reads on people because you're not trying to.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2012, 10:48:42 am »

If you consider the "fallacy" (that was half of your reason for voting me) a no-townie-would-possibly-do-this thing (as you've stated you do), you've already found two others - Book and Toaster, who also went after Think for the same thing. My question is, why didn't you realize that yourself?
Neither one ended the day voting him or did so today. You, however, are awfully keen to shift attention to someone else, which just serves to point out how fucking scum you are.
More seriously though, it's impossible to get any solid reads on people, with the love hate triangle of Book, you and Jim chewing up all space with their WoTs.
No. It is impossible for you to get any solid reads on people because you're not trying to.
You wasted an entire post badly defending against my attacks and then you accuse me of not scumhunting. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2012, 11:06:01 am »

Dariush:
Neither one ended the day voting him or did so today. You, however, are awfully keen to shift attention to someone else, which just serves to point out how fucking scum you are.
You wasted an entire post badly defending against my attacks and then you accuse me of not scumhunting. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Regardless of if he's being a hypocrite or not, it doesn't absolve you of doing those things.  This boils down to you deflecting back to him.

...which you accused him of, so you're now equally guilty of hypocrisy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2012, 11:09:15 am »

Neither one ended the day voting him or did so today.
Nor did I. Your logic is still inconsistent. Explain this.

Quote from: Dariush
On the contrary, I'm hunting you.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2012, 11:24:54 am »

You didn... Oh right! How could I forget about that shameless bandwagon on borno which you've 'explained' with one throwaway phrase! Thanks for reminding me about one more reason why you're scum!

Now be a chum and name at least two suspects, neither of whom is Think or me. With reasons.

Quote from: Dariush
On the contrary, I'm hunting you.
Oh really.

Regardless of if he's being a hypocrite or not, it doesn't absolve you of doing those things.  This boils down to you deflecting back to him.

Except I am not guilty of those things. There were whopping two posts since the day start that weren't made by either you, Book, Jim, me or UI. And both of them were made by ZU and didn't really contain any information. Can you summon arguments and cases out of thin air? Well, doubtless, that's what they call tunnelling. Can you actually scumhunt based on a total absence of posts? Didn't think so.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2012, 11:58:35 am »

Dariush:

Except I am not guilty of those things. There were whopping two posts since the day start that weren't made by either you, Book, Jim, me or UI. And both of them were made by ZU and didn't really contain any information. Can you summon arguments and cases out of thin air? Well, doubtless, that's what they call tunnelling. Can you actually scumhunt based on a total absence of posts? Didn't think so.

This is bullshit.  There were also eighteen posts on D1 since your last post there.  While many were short filler posts, there were many lengthy ones.  Don't tell me you can't make a case out of twenty+ posts, given you can also reevaluate D1 in light of the various flips.

Now can you stop with your deflecting and see about making an actual case on anyone other than your tunnel target?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2012, 02:49:01 pm »

12 hours isn't a last minute vote change.
I never said it was. Merely well timed.

Shakerag, Hapah: please get more involved. Where are your suspicions now? What is your take on Zombie's vote on borno D1, and his argument about Jim's tunnel on me? What is your read of each other?

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2012, 02:56:11 pm »

Dariush:
You didn... Oh right! How could I forget about that shameless bandwagon on borno which you've 'explained' with one throwaway phrase! Thanks for reminding me about one more reason why you're scum!
You're still defying your own logic. Don't deflect - explain.

Now be a chum and name at least two suspects, neither of whom is Think or me. With reasons.
Shakerag for being a lurkyass.
Jim for trying to get Tiruin to lynch the latter's suspect instead of his own.

Book:
I never said it was. Merely well timed.
How so?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28