Do you know how to delete a poll?

Yes, message me
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 03, 2012, 10:59:02 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll To Adventure!  (Read 38206 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Adventure!
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2012, 12:21:35 am »

((@Tiruin: I guess the GM will apply that 80% discount, right? According to the spoiler, those are the original prices.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2012, 12:27:22 am »

((Wait, Wh-?!

>:D

Tell me 'tis true.))

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2012, 07:57:01 am »

((I'm on a mobile device so no flavor text for this turn.  :-[ ))

Search around the fort with Fekod for the outpost liaison.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2012, 08:10:21 am »

Find the outpost liaison/manager/lazy noble who'll get us signed up for a caravan.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2012, 01:41:25 pm »

i'm posting from java class, yes, you get the 80% discount from the price listed, tiruin. alos, you only need to spend $27 if you buy that.
the liason? he's a busy dwarf.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:33:37 pm by RoaryStar »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2012, 03:38:36 am »

Edited.

:D

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2012, 08:33:18 am »

Writing Turn 3.
Expect it in an hour or two.

'Twas not on Hatius, just taking a break. And you didn't get four people to shorten. :)

((Shorten. Also, I think writing badly when you have little to no skill is ok, but wouldn't the level of Reading just affect reading speed and comprehension of texts/books? Reading wrong letters seems a strange concept.))

Well, then how does reading work? I would say that it's easier to interpret similiar letters in a Forum Game then say "You need to wait 2 hours before you understand this."
 :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:11:30 am by RoaryStar »

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2012, 12:38:17 pm »

Turn 3 – The Ambush (Part 2), the Shopping Spree (Part 2), and the Caravan Guards

Granite 1, 251
It is just past Noon.

Mahtan Anarion’s POV[/i]

Sighing, you notch an arrow. [5] Jumping back over the brook, you shoot, [34 vs. 55] and completely miss. [5] It did stun the goblin at how fast you were, though. [3] You fumble with your bow, then drop it, unsheathing your wooden short sword. [5] Going towards him, you see him stand up. [93 vs. 50] You throw your wooden short sword at the gobin, [3] hitting his chest and slicing through his heart.

”Can’t go anywhere without goblins these days,” you say sighing, picking up your bow and your short sword.

[4] Exploring further, you trip over a herb. Examining it, you determine that it is a painkiller herb! You pick it up and put it in your backpack.

In Liwaalisa, “Strike Bud”, Forest Retreat
Alana Teucer’s POV

”Oooooh, look at all the herbs! You were right there!”
”Err, yeah. I’ll just… close my eyes…”

The while shopkeeper was giving you a curious look, your sister gladly explained about your herb-amnesia.
You didn’t know what to pick, so your sister held up each herb one by one and explained in detail before shoving the coins into the keeper’s hands.

”The prices… seem pretty high for herbs I could find… right next to my foot.”
You forgot the eighty percent discount, I’ll let you handle that. Point out those which you need, ’k?”

Before you started calculating, your sister began probing through the herb pile selecting strange leafy green stalks and stems.

”Oh! It’s a Curaria Mancox! It’s one of the lesser species of the family Alnuria…”

Spoiler: What you bought (click to show/hide)

”You’d probably need a bigger backpack,” your sister says, smiling.

Exiting, you look around for other stores. There’s a store called SpellCraft to your east, and a store called Adventurer’s Store to your west.

At Nishvukrig, “Trade Drifts”, Mountain Home
Fekod Sladeborn’s POV

Searching for the Outpost Liason with Cero, you find his office. You knock on the door. [5] The Outpost Liason opens the door.

”Hello there. Is there something you would like?”
”Um… yes, we would like to… um… –“
”We would like to sign up for caravan guards.”
[5] ”Ok, here’s the contract. We’ll be sending caravans to… what the elves call Ceyecanethitha and Liwaalisa two days later.”

Spoiler: Contract (click to show/hide)

Cero Undulai’s POV

Searching for the Outpost Liason with Fekod, you find his office. Fekod knocks on the door. [5] The Outpost Liason opens the door.

”Hello there. Is there something you would like?”
”Um… yes, we would like to… um… –“
”We would like to sign up for caravan guards.”
[5] ”Ok, here’s the contract. We’ll be sending caravans to… what the elves call Ceyecanethitha and Liwaalisa two days later.”

Spoiler: Contract (click to show/hide)

At Jonicmon, “Basement Holy”, Capital
Stalith Ngirathil’s POV

”We should get bread for food, water to drink and for the matter of medical supplies, we’d need all the material, even if we have to pay for it. It’s also worth asking if they have a first-aid or wound-treating manual somewhere.”
”So, after we get our first quest done and gather some experience, do you think we should try to find better places to explore? I don’t want to expend too much time fulfilling simple quests; I’d rather try to search for anything good in neutral lands, near dwarven or elven territory.
”Right, you make a good point. I’ll see if I can get a map of the surraounding areas while we’re here, too. I understand perfectly and I agree. Those places should have better ruins to search as well as higher paying quests, but they’re probably more dangerous, too. Let’s work awhile around here to get used to the life of adventuring first, before we rush off and get ourselves killed.”
”Well, that’s what I meant by getting some experience. Getting used to roaming around enough so we won’t get killed so easily.”

You get three loaves of bread, a flask of water, three rolls of cloth, two balls of thread, an iron needle, and three batches of medicinal herbs. After asking around for a map of the surrounding lands, [6] you are given two maps: one of the continent, and one of Jonicmon.

Gregory Gianovich’s POV

”We should get bread for food, water to drink and for the matter of medical supplies, we’d need all the material, even if we have to pay for it. It’s also worth asking if they have a first-aid or wound-treating manual somewhere.”
You look around thoughtfully, as if checking something.
”So, after we get our first quest done and gather some experience, do you think we should try to find better places to explore? I don’t want to expend too much time fulfilling simple quests; I’d rather try to search for anything good in neutral lands, near dwarven or elven territory.
”Right, you make a good point. I’ll see if I can get a map of the surraounding areas while we’re here, too. I understand perfectly and I agree. Those places should have better ruins to search as well as higher paying quests, but they’re probably more dangerous, too. Let’s work awhile around here to get used to the life of adventuring first, before we rush off and get ourselves killed.”
”Well, that’s what I meant by getting some experience. Getting used to roaming around enough so we won’t get killed so easily.”

You get three loaves of bread, a flask of water, a roll of cloth, a ball of thread, an iron needle, and a batch of medicinal herbs. After asking if they have a book on medical care, they give one to you for free. [4] Looking in the book, you see that it’s organized into chapters; each chapter has a different subject, such as cuts, broken bones, and amputation. There’s also quite a few pictures; though some of them are hard to see. (book gives +10 to medical rolls)

Spoiler: xiphonii (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chaos Armor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map of Jonicmon (click to show/hide)

You have until August 9, 2012 to post your action, about 3 days from now.

Include Shorten to have me write ASAP.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:28:12 pm by RoaryStar »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2012, 01:32:58 pm »

"So, we got a decent map, a good book for medical help and the world before us. We should eat and drink before we leave, but other than that, I say we're pretty much good to go."

Gregory hefts his spear eagerly.

"I say, judging by that map, that we should head for Kimaidla first. That seems like a tame option for now, I think."

Go an extra waterskin of water for the journey, and a rope if possible, and then follow Stalith. Take the time to sketch a good copy of the continential map into my book too and throw away my shopping list.

EDIT: Changed action!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:55:41 pm by Zako »

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2012, 01:41:02 pm »

You got Gregory's and Stalith's actions and speech mixed up.

F***. fixed.

You'll have to switch our inventories, but you can let Stalith keep the map since I'm better with reading the book. Just pretend that we swapped them.

S***. fixed. sure, you can keep the book.

Also, how much money do we each have left?))

You have as much as you had in Turn 0; you didn't need to spend any money.

[ ] free...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2012, 01:49:03 pm »

((Hey, I want that book! My character wants to read it, and the actions are mingled.

@Zako: We all have backpacks, says the GM.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2012, 01:50:30 pm »

((Hey, I want that book! My character wants to read it, and the actions are mingled.))

You are in an alliance; you may use anything Zako has, and vice versa.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2012, 01:52:48 pm »

((Don't worry, we can share. Also, I didn't know we had backpacks and got this stuff for free! SWEET! Editing action.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2012, 01:59:40 pm »

You are in an alliance; you may use anything Zako has, and vice versa.
((Ok then, I'm officially getting that book and reading it. :P))

"I'd rather head towards Araneomu. There is no fun in becoming an adventurer just to visit a human city. Also, I want to buy a bow, and they saw the elves are great boywers, and after we are done there, we can visit the dwarves' mountainholmes and get some real steel equipment."

Search for woodcutting and carpentry equipment and an extra waterskin, as well as any bows and arrows for sell.

Shorten.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:56:18 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2012, 05:27:32 pm »

"You check left, I check right?"
"Why do I have to check the Adventurer's store? You are the adventurer!"
"Yeeeeah, but who designed my clothing with all it's nifty pockets and straps as the added outer layer? It's quite comfy and stylish..."
"Muh...Fine.

"But don't blame me if I forget to buy your...dagger!"

Check both stores!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12