Do you know how to delete a poll?

Yes, message me
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 03, 2012, 10:59:02 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll To Adventure!  (Read 38194 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Adventure!
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 11:43:43 am »

((They are getting hungry, thirsty and sleepy a bit easily for people who have just woken up and eaten breakfast. Lazy bums. :P))

Stalith read the small piece of paper. Oh, so the guild did give free stuff aside from equipment. A pleasant surprise, since they would probably spend a good amount of their pocket money in basic supplies.
"Let's get this done with. And I still want to borrow your book if I don't end up buying one for myself."

Go get the free stuff and ask about the first quest. Also search for tools for carpentry and woodcutting, like axes and saws.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:09:47 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 01:05:31 pm »

"We can use it to keep track of our quests and such, until you can get one for yourself. Hopefully they don't cost TOO much. We'll need writing supplies as well if we are to write in them..."

Grab our free stuff, then look for some shops where we can get supplies and tools. Make sure to take note of our first quest in my new book!

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 01:07:53 pm »

((They are getting hungry, thirsty and sleepy a bit easily for people who have just woken up and eaten breakfast. Lazy bums. :P))

It's been two hours. 10:00 to noon; remember the watch?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 03:40:00 pm »

((Woohoo! I ask for 3 wooden blocks, and I get 5!  :P
Also, thanks for using...the closest typable variant of the color text.))

Alana had the sneaking suspicion that when the guildmaster said "first medical supplies", he missed out the first-hand quality part.

And the Goblin disguise looked like a patch of green paint. Wait...was it just because they were of the same height and nearly the same identifying features?!

How crude.

"You think I should go buy some supplies? All I'm thinking they would give are a few poultices made from herbs. I'm not complaining, just that...this boon could be put to better use."
"Such as...?"
"Well, giving it to the ones that helped me graduate seems fit. Meaning, you."
"Oh, you. I'm guessing you need it more.

"Knowing how weak you are when it comes to wounds, you wouldn't need medical supplies!"

. . .

"Hey, it was just a joke."

Search the market//stores for any upgrades to weaponry//armor, or imported armor//weapons.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 05:16:30 pm »

Cero followed Fekod and gathered the same supplies as him. Along the way he asked Fekod,

"Have you um thought about a uh occupation now that we're uh um... graduated? I thought I might become a uh um... caravan guard. I was uh wondering if you... hadn't already planned out your uh occupational path and if you hadn't then you might um... sign up for the same uh caravan?"

Stock up food and booze, look for food that will remain edible for a long time.

((Sinpwn, would you like to join up?))
((Tiruin, I find your dialogue colors delightful.))
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 05:32:03 pm »

"I was thinking scavenging. Y'know, going into old abandoned forts and seeing if there's anything good lying around. Figure I need some experience in the field 'fore I go feed myself to some evil beasties, heh! Caravan guard actually sounds pretty decent. Might find me some contacts to buy the stuff I'll find."

((Sure, for now anyway.))

xiphoniii

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheeky son of a...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 08:07:36 pm »

Striding off confidently, I immediately head through the deepest part of the woods I know. I'm attempting to explore, so following the trails wouldn't exactly be the way to do that, now would it? I'm off to find something new so I'm headed out in the most uncharted direction.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2012, 11:55:44 am »

Writing Turn 2.

Also, does anyone know how to delete a poll?

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2012, 05:21:21 pm »

Turn 2 – The Ambush (Part 1)  and Shopping Spree (Part 1)

Granite 1, 251
It is just past Noon.

At Ceyecanethitha, “Chance Squids”, Forest Retreat
Mahtan Anarion’s POV

Striding off confidently, you immediately head to the deepest part of the woods you know. Exploring, you come across a [6] brook. You cross without interruption. [4] You explore for quite some time; [1] and are ambushed by a goblin. How unfortunate.

In Liwaalisa, “Strike Bud”, Forest Retreat
Alana Teucer’s POV

”Uhh… Why does goblin disguise just look like a patch of green paint?”
”There’s a part where you just pull a string, and it will make a bunch of fake troll fur spring up. Dwarven engineering, yes, but it works.”
The Guildmaster shows you the place and pulls it. [5] The furs come out.
”Sometimes, though, it’s a bit rough and won’t work.”
He pulls it again, [2] and the furs go in a little. He pulls it again, [1] and the furs come out. Again, [5] and it finally goes in.

You and your sister leave, after giving thanks to the guildmaster again.

”You think I should go buy some supplies? All I’m thinking is that they would give a few poultices made from herbs. I’m not complaining, just that… this boon could be put to better use.”
”Such as…?”
”Well, giving it to the ones that helped me graduate seems fit. Meaning, you.”
”Oh, you. I’m guessing you need it more.”

“Knowing how weak you are when it comes to wounds, you wouldn’t need medical supplies!”

”Hey, it was just a joke.”

You arrive at the medical store.

What will you buy?

At Nishvukrig, “Trade Drifts”, Mountain Home
Fekod Sladeborn’s POV

Taking a barrel of beer, you attempt to pour it into your flask, slowly. [1] Unfortunately, after you finish pouring it, you forgot to close the flask and it poured beer on the floor in front of you. [6] You try again, and after spilling a tiny bit, you manage to fill up your flask, close it, and put it in your backpack. You start going to the food stockpile.

"Have you, um… thought about… uh… an occupation now that we're… uh… um... graduated? I thought I might become a… um... caravan guard. I was… uh… wondering if you... uh… hadn't already planned out your… uh… occupational path and if you hadn't then you might… um... sign up for the same… uh… caravan?"
"I was thinking scavenging. Y'know, going into old abandoned forts and seeing if there's anything good lying around. Figure I need some experience in the field 'fore I go feed myself to some evil beasties, heh! Caravan guard actually sounds pretty decent. Might find me some contacts to buy the stuff I'll find."

You decide to partner up.

At the food stockpile, you take a few plump helmets and some chicken wings.

Cero Undulai’s POV

You take a barrel of wine and [1] accidentally drop it, spilling wine everywhere. You try again, [5] and pour your wine perfectly into your flask. You start following Fekod into the food stockpile.

"Have you, um… thought about… uh… an occupation now that we're… uh… um... graduated? I thought I might become a… um... caravan guard. I was… uh… wondering if you... uh… hadn't already planned out your… uh… occupational path and if you hadn't then you might… um... sign up for the same… uh… caravan?"
"I was thinking scavenging. Y'know, going into old abandoned forts and seeing if there's anything good lying around. Figure I need some experience in the field 'fore I go feed myself to some evil beasties, heh! Caravan guard actually sounds pretty decent. Might find me some contacts to buy the stuff I'll find.”

You decide to partner up.

At the food stockpile, you take a few plump helmets and some cave wheat bread.

At Jonicmon, “Basement Holy”, Capital
Gregory Gianovich’s POV

”Let’s get this done with. And I want to borrow your book if I don’t end up buying one for myself.”
”We can use it to keep track of our quests and such, until you can get one for yourself. Hopefully they don’t cost too much. We’ll need writing supplies as well if we are to write in them…”

You rip out a piece of paper from your book.
[3] Inside, you borrow a pencil from the shopkeeper and writes down a list of food you can get.

[2] Going to the drink shop, you also borrow a pencil and write a list of drinks you can get.

Going to the medical shop, you borrow a pencil again and write a list of the medical supplies you can get.

[5]”You can keep that pencil if you want,” the shopkeeper says.
”Thanks.”

Outside again, you read the piece of paper you have.

(some of these are intentionally spelled incorrectly to your interpreting)
Spoiler: List of items (click to show/hide)

Stalith Ngirathil’s POV

”Let’s get this done with. And I want to borrow your book if I don’t end up buying one for myself.”
”We can use it to keep track of our quests and such, until you can get one for yourself. Hopefully they don’t cost too much. We’ll need writing supplies as well if we are to write in them…”

Going to the food shop nearby, you notice Gregory ripping out a piece of paper from his book.
[3] Inside, Gregory borrows a pencil from the shopkeeper and writes down a list of food they can get.

[2] Going to the drink shop, you also notice Gregory borrowing a pencil and writing a list of drinks they can get.

Going to the medical shop, you notice Gregory borrowing a pencil and writing a list of the medical supplies they can get.

[5]”You can keep that pencil if you want,” the shopkeeper says.
”Thanks.”

Outside again, you read the piece of paper Gregory had.

(lots of these are intentionally spelled incorrectly to your interpreting: Reading 1 won’t do you much good!)
Spoiler: List of items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: xiphonii (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chaos Armor (click to show/hide)

You have until August 6, 2012 to post your action, about 1 day from now.

I will be mostly inactive tomorrow.
Include Shorten in your posts to have me start writing ASAP.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:27:23 pm by RoaryStar »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2012, 11:12:42 pm »

((Mah spear... IT'S GLORIOUS!!!))

Gregory looked over the list and then turned back to Stalith.

"Ok, I've made a list of stuff that we can get from these people. For food, we can get chicken, strawberries and bread, for drinks, we can get beer, wine, orange juice and water, and finally for medical supplies we can get cloth, thread, needles and medical herbs."

He scratched his chin thoughtfully.

"Well, if we get two waterskins each and some food of some kind, we can survive on hunting for quite awhile as well as various streams and rivers and stuff. The real money eater is the medical stuff. Any ideas on what to get?"

xiphoniii

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheeky son of a...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2012, 11:14:50 pm »

I sigh and notch an arrow. Using my elven agility, I attempt to loose an arrow at him, drop the bow, and unsheathe my wooden shortsword. If he attacks, I attempt to dodge, and counterattack. "Can't go anywhere without goblins these days."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2012, 11:33:11 pm »

((Shorten. Also, I think writing badly when you have little to no skill is ok, but wouldn't the level of Reading just affect reading speed and comprehension of texts/books? Reading wrong letters seems a strange concept.))

"We should get bread for food, water to drink and for the matter of medical supplies, we'd need all the material, even if we have to pay for it. It is also worth asking if they have a first-aid or wound-treating manual somewhere."

He looks around thoughtfully, as if checking something.

"So, after we get our first quest done and gather some experience, do you think we should try to find better places to explore? I don't want to expend too much time fulfilling simple quests, I'd rather try to search for anything good in neutral lands, near dwarven or elven territory."

Get bread, water and a bit of each medical supply. Also try to buy a book/manual on how to correctly treat wounds. If it has both letters and images (to explain it in an easier way for dumb people), even better.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:36:11 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2012, 12:04:29 am »

((Shorten. I totally forgot about that!  >.>))

"Right, you make a good point. I'll see if I can get a map of the surrounding areas while we're here too."

Gregory nods at the desire to explore near other territories.

"I understand perfectly and I agree. Those places should have better ruins to search as well as higher paying quests, but they are probably more dangerous too. Let's work awhile around here to get used to the life of adventuring first, before we rush off to get ourselves killed."

Get a good amount of bread, 2 waterskins and then ask around to see if I can get a map of the surrounding lands, pay for it if I must. Then get the following medical supplies with the rest of my money: 2 needles, 2 spools of thread, 3 rolls of cloth and the rest on herbs.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2012, 12:12:53 am »

Stalith smiled warmly.
"Well, that's what I meant by getting some experience just now. Getting used to roaming around enough so we won't get killed so easily."
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2012, 12:18:56 am »

((ALWAYS Shorten:P))

"Oooooh, look at all the herbs! You were right there!"
"Err, yeah. I'll just...close my eyes..."

When the shopkeeper gave the pair a curious look, Alana's sister gladly explained the facts on the new adventurer's herb-amnesia.

She didn't know what to pick. So her sister held up each herb one by one and explained in detail before shoving the coins into the keeper's hands.

"The prices...seems pretty high for herbs I could find...right next to my foot."
"You forgot the eighty percent discount, I'll let you handle that. Point out those which you need, mm'k?"

Before Alana calculated, her sister began probing through the herb pile selecting strange leafy green stalks and stems.

"I'll handle this. Now this herb goes by the name of Curaria Mancox, one of the lesser species of the family Alnuria..."

Quote from: Memory
$5 1 – Roll of Cloth (Used to bandage Wounds, build one “tent wall”, or making clothes)
$5 1 – Ball of Thread (Used to sew together sliced things, part of bandaging, or making clothes)
$5 1 – Iron Needle (Used to give + 10 to sewing rolls)
$10 2 – Medicinal Herbs (Used to give a + 5 to healing rolls)
$10 2 – Painkiller Herbs (Used to give a + 20 to falling over from pain rolls)
$15 3 – Numbness Herbs (Used to immobilize a patient in a certain spot to stop it from moving; gives a + 5 to medical rolls)
$15 3 – Dry Herbs (Used to suck infected blood from wounds)
$30 6 – Mortar and Pestle (Used to grind Medicinal, Painkiller, and Numbness Herbs to be mixed with water, necessary; otherwise must be chewed)
$30 6 – Bowl and Stick (Used to mix Medicinal Herbs with water)
$30 6 – Presser (Used to press some of the juice and water out of herbs after mixed; saves 50% of the herbs for later use)

Due to her sister's knowledge, Alana acquires:

Presser - 6
Mortar and Pestle - 6
Bowl and Stick - 6
3 bundles of Dry Herbs - 9
2 Iron Needles - 2
5 bundles of Numbness Herbs - 15
7 different kinds of Medicinal Herbs - 14
5 bundles of Painkiller Herbs - 10
15 Balls of Thread - 15
25 Rolls of Cloth - 25

135 - 111 = 24 left.

"You'd probably need a bigger backpack."  :P

Search for general goods stores! And weapon//armor stores, or at least someone who knows how to upgrade weapons//armor.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:38:28 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12